Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colonial Retribution Hogdog76 Political News and Discussion 44 07-04-2014 06:08 AM
Colonial ingrediants question thehunt78 Recipes 11 11-30-2012 09:44 AM
France, Syria’s former colonial ruler considering arming rebels(terror)with artillery oxi Controversial News and Alternative Politics 2 09-07-2012 04:25 AM
100 US Marines vs British Colonial Army onealx4 General Discussion 193 08-14-2012 06:54 AM
Colonial soap & candles thehunt78 DIY - Do It Yourself 1 08-04-2012 02:00 PM
Colonial Bank Being Closed By Regulators Kregener General Discussion 6 08-14-2009 07:35 PM
Obama, the African Colonial southtex Political News and Discussion 6 06-27-2009 02:50 PM
What should I get from Academy? Knight Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 04-07-2008 11:11 PM
Hi to my colonial cousins Paradox New Member Introduction 11 09-25-2007 01:26 PM

Old 12-12-2015, 10:45 PM
I have no filter

Default Colonial Shooting Academy?

Advertise Here

So I plan on getting some firearms training to get my CCP, after some research I ran across this place that offers training on the weekends....which is my only free time. Being that it's in VA Beach it would be a good hours drive from me (I live in Southampton....we have trees and fields...and deer, lots of those guys) which isn't too bad for me.

Has anyone ever been to any classes here or have heard anything about them? Middle part of May is when I plan on going for my classes since I have a 6 day vacation put in from work.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Suburban Legend

Thanked 116,123 Times in 16,710 Posts

I know two people who have taken their CHP class at CSA. They both had good things to say about it.

It's a first class range that will make you wish you lived closer to it.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:56 AM
I have no filter

Considering the private range I have access to is just a bunch of diamond plate targets set up in a cotton field on the border of IOW and SOCO, anything is first class XD

What I plan on doing is taking the Basic Pistol.....just cause. Then taking the CCW Class. Then maybe something a bit more tactical if I get the time during the summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 09:46 PM

I haven't taken any classes there yet, but plan to in the future. It is a first class range though some of the people that work there are a little stiff. You can shoot anything up to to .30 cal (I shoot my Mosin Nagant there) and they can be pretty helpful. They also host IDPA on Wed nights. I've shot IDPA at another range but will start gong to Colonial even though it is farther away.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I have no filter

eh, stiff, how stiff we talking? I can deal with a bit of stuckupness but can only take so much before I speak my mind on their attitudes.

Do it all the time at work actually
Old 01-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,031 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
eh, stiff, how stiff we talking? I can deal with a bit of stuckupness but can only take so much before I speak my mind on their attitudes.

Do it all the time at work actually
I checked it out the other day. The instructors seem to have legit creds (former LEO or military with shooter backgrounds). Didn't get any attitude and the staff was helpful. Things were a bit pricy but the range is the best indoor range locally. Seemed like a good place and they will see some of my business in the future.

I believe Superior Pawn and Gun (just down the street) also offers concealed carry classes. This is my preferred place to buy firearms.

When I first got mine I took a class at Bob's in Norfolk since they spent time talking about laws here in VA. Didn't need to take the class (I have a military background) but wanted to talk about laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to penguinman000 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2017, 04:56 PM
Bravo 36

Superior Pawn does have the classes. That's where I went and got mine. Good people there. AND A HELL OF A LOT CHEAPER! I've been Colonial S.A.. It's pretty. But then it's price tag. Listen if you want to spend the money. Then by all means go to Colonial.