Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost SHTF worse than full on WROL/SHTF? Vanishing Nomad Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 42 05-15-2017 03:34 AM
Thoughts on firearms pre SHTF & ammo, post SHTF Corrigan Firearms General Discussion 31 01-16-2016 06:47 PM
If you want to hunt small game post SHTF, you may want to Predator hunt/trap Pre SHTF John Rambo Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 01-10-2015 05:17 AM
Free security updates for Windows XP -- until 2019 Creek Walker The Tech Zone 8 06-17-2014 10:10 PM
My own SHTF - laid off, depression, search, found job - SHTF over. Piece of Cake Grevlin General Discussion 42 03-04-2014 05:09 AM
My Minor SHTF ¯ could have been a Major SHTF charlie505 Manmade and Natural Disasters 36 02-19-2012 08:24 AM
SHTF and Non SHTF tech gadgets whacker Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 28 12-21-2011 08:52 PM
What should you have for when SHTF? Dingo_Danger Manmade and Natural Disasters 21 02-25-2011 05:31 PM
SHTF and you! CPL_BS_88 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 09-29-2009 10:42 PM

Old 05-18-2018, 01:33 PM
‘n Boer maak ‘n plan

Thanked 1,380 Times in 633 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry-no-clues View Post
I don't think the Afrikaaner leaders have made a good decision since 1830.
We created an African superpower where there was nothing. Developed our own nuclear weapons. Fought against overwhelming odds doing so. I think we did Ok. Did OK despite your nation supporting our Marxist enemy.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300 Boere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2018, 05:22 PM
‘n Boer maak ‘n plan

Mandela was Xhosa Royalty. Long family lineage. His grandson is in line to be a king of sorts. The Xhosa and Zulu do not like each other much.

Mandela was a genius at stage stratagem -Such a nice smile. Wini was more tactics. I ask people why Mandela was arrested? Most say something about his beliefs. **** no, he was arrested in 1962 because he was commanding cadre cells that were bombing our churches, schools and restaurants. Jail did not stop him, as you know. In jail he became the boss. Shame they never tried to fight us though– just bombing innocent people was their game. Wiki is nuts, I see MK as a combatant in the border war. I wonder which front and which battles they actually fought. What a fukken mystery. Spear of the nation, rape perhaps. With much help he, Mandela, convinced the Western public that the ANC was so wonderful. Eventually all the great powers and their liberal sods stood against us even when they knew full well who these people were. ****. We could have kept China out of the whole of Africa. Alas.
The Following User Says Thank You to 300 Boere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,681 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 Boere View Post
. Did OK despite your nation supporting our Marxist enemy.
Spoken like a BOSS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 04:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry-no-clues View Post
Don't go on treks, with the loss of population associated with them. Take a piece of land next to or part of the British sphere of influence, and follow the US/Australian/NZ/Brazilian approach to the native people, within an area with defined boundaries. Then import lots of Europeans till you have an Afrikaaner majority country.
I think there were too many Africans in Africa and the place being generally unattractive to Europeans to get the numbers needed.
In Australias case the aboriginal population was miniscule by comparison.
NZ is tiny.
In Brazils case nothing worked long run anway, that entire continent has stayed 3rd world.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyboardKommando View Post
malema is polarizing . Whites are evil occupiers. blacks are victims. He is formally petitioning right now to push for constitutional ammendments for expropriation. It is no longer bar room twatter talk.
No need for alarm.... BUT

But ANC decided over the past weekend they continuing with expropriating land without compensation regardless of amendments to constitution

Times Live - 21 May 2018 - 15:38

The ANC will press ahead with expropriation of land without compensation in terms of Section 25 of the Constitution as it currently stands‚ national executive committee (NEC) member Ronald Lamola said on Monday.

The party will test the argument that the Constitution‚ as it stands‚ already allows for expropriation of land without compensation.

However‚ this is not stopping the party from continuing to look at whether this section of the Constitution should be amended‚ and making presentations to the constitutional review committee.

This follows the ANC’s two-day land summit held in Boksburg at the weekend.

The party also called for the Expropriation Bill‚ which had been sent back and forth between former president Jacob Zuma and Parliament‚ to be passed immediately.

Lamola said the party was calling for a land redistribution bill to be passed as well.

The head of the ANC’s subcommittee on economic transformation‚ Enoch Godingwana‚ said the outcomes and recommendations from the land summit were not binding.

These were recommendations that would be taken to the ANC’s NEC meeting to be held this weekend.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics...-compensation/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moddergat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:39 PM
‘n Boer maak ‘n plan

Logic is going to win this fight, not numbers.

Remember that they close their eyes when they pull the trigger. Not so much with our lads.
We plan, they squabble for Chief. Their Military Organisation depends on numbers. Ours depends on initiative and ingenuity.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:04 PM
‘n Boer maak ‘n plan

Ukrainian, a unique people like the Boers. Nominally the EU decides European politics, less the Ukrainian patriots have a hand, the West will not be so easy for the Rusky overlord.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:26 PM
‘n Boer maak ‘n plan

I hope that you all will be smart enough to play it stupid. Or stupid enough to play it smart.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:32 AM

Looks like our local Che Guevara wannabe is at it again:

“There will be a revolution in this country, I tell you now. There will be unled revolution. An unled revolution is the highest form of anarchy.”

Malema also says they’ve not called for white people to be murdered.

“I’m saying to you, we have not called for the killing of white people… at least for now.”

The presenter then challenged Malema, saying his comments could be understood as “genocidal call”.

“Cry babies, cry babies,” he responded, as the presenter questioned his remarks."

http://ewn.co.za/2018/06/12/watch-sa...n-malema-warns
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EinherjaerZA For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,200 Posts

What is an 'unled revolution'?

A revolution by definition is an uprising against the current government. Is this what he is proposing? And if it is 'unled' what is the end goal? Is he really calling for anarchy? If so, and his followers act on his call, then the powers that be will be overwhelmed very quickly IMO. Once the government regains control of the situation, there would likely be a very great fallout and collateral damage to innocent bystanders of all races and backgrounds. We need to pray that this guy does not have a real following.
The Following User Says Thank You to drray777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 02:00 AM

The guy is legit threatening violence on tv:

"Speaking about the ‘un-led revolution’, the EFF leader believes the poor are going to rise up whether he has anything to do with it or not.

Speaking on eNCA in the wake of an earlier interview in which EFF leader Julius Malema spoke of an “un-led revolution”, he clarified his comments on Thursday night.

He spoke of what he described as an impending civil war, which would happen not because of what he was saying but “because of the growing frustrations in the country”

Malema: I’m saying that depending on what white people do going forward will be the determinant of what happens. They should come to the table and be willing to share, else there will be an un-led revolution and anarchy will be the order of the day created by their attitudes.

He told the channel’s Cathy Mohlahlana that “the masses are on board” for such a revolution, and the only thing preventing them from pushing for change themselves was leaders like himself and his party who still gave them hope that things might change.

“But when they realise nothing has changed, they will take it upon themselves. The leadership has failed.”

He said he believed there should be a revolution in the country, but it needed leaders instead of becoming the un-led one he was warning of.

He said that after the revolution the state should own the “strategic means of production” in the country; “the economy will be in the hands of the people as envisaged in the Freedom Charter; the land shall be in the hands of our people, and there will be equal society, and in that equal society there shall be peace and harmony”.

Malema was clad in a military-style jacket in studio."

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-afr...narchy-reigns/

In other words hand over your property or we will take it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EinherjaerZA For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Survivor

They told us "Free Mandela or there will be blood shed. Only with the Freeing of Mandela will there be peace". So we freed Mandela.

Then they turned and told us "Freeing Mandela is not enough, we want all race elections; with all race elections, there will be peace". So we gave that to them.

Then they turned and told us: "All race elections are not enough, we want BEE and BBBEE and EE/AA; only with economic equality will there be peace". So we gave that to them.

Then they turned and told us: "BEE and BBBEE and EE/AA are not enough, we want the land; for only in this way will there be peace and harmony".

What do we do? Give them what they want?

I wonder how that will work out for us going forward. Gee, I wonder....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KeyboardKommando For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2018, 01:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyboardKommando View Post
They told us "Free Mandela or there will be blood shed. Only with the Freeing of Mandela will there be peace". So we freed Mandela.

Then they turned and told us "Freeing Mandela is not enough, we want all race elections; with all race elections, there will be peace". So we gave that to them.

Then they turned and told us: "All race elections are not enough, we want BEE and BBBEE and EE/AA; only with economic equality will there be peace". So we gave that to them.

Then they turned and told us: "BEE and BBBEE and EE/AA are not enough, we want the land; for only in this way will there be peace and harmony".

What do we do? Give them what they want?

I wonder how that will work out for us going forward. Gee, I wonder....
There is a proverbial saying in America, 'Give them an inch they will take a mile.' This clearly applies to people who are unwilling to work for what they have, no matter the color or background. If a person has a character flaw that causes them to want to take short cuts, then it will never be enough. Eventually a stand must be taken somewhere. A thief is a thief and a liar is a liar, no matter what clothes they wear.
The Following User Says Thank You to drray777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2018, 05:28 AM

As the country wide discussions regarding EWC and whether Section 25 of the Constitution needs to be changed or not continues, I am sure many of you are keeping a close eye on the proceedings.

Of particular note for me is the repeated threats, veiled and not so veiled, from various citizens that if they do not get what they want - it will be war.

These threats were uttered by a community member of the Nama-people (usually very peace loving) in Springbok said that:
"We want the diamond lands back!" "If it doesn't happen, we'll fight!"

In the EFF stronghold province of Limpopo one participant uttered the following:
"Until land ownership is amended, there cannot be peace in this country,"

A representative of the National Conservative Party in Limpopo also warned that: "If farmers' land is taken against their will, there will be hell. There will be a revolution.""If the government makes the change, then South Africa will see the most hellish revolution that South Africans have seen in their lifetime,"

Another person in Potgietersrus said that: "After you've chased off all the farmers from their land, there will not be food. The Zimbabweans had a backdoor, they could cross the Limpopo river, they could find food in South Africa,"
"South of Cape Town, I see only water, I don't know how you can swim, I hope you can swim well."

Granted there are some level headed submissions as well, but lots of these guys speaking is just spewing political slogans and rhetoric.

Meanwhile the traditional leaders are having none of it:

Traditional leaders say they are prepared to fight "whoever" tries to expropriate communal land that belongs to them.

They were speaking at a National House of Traditional Leaders (NHTL) press briefing in Durban on Thursday following their four-day lekgotla in the city.

Chief Mwelo Nonkonyana, chair of the Eastern Cape House of Traditional Leaders, said they were ready to defend communal land that "belonged to our forebears".

"It's the beginning of war, I'll fight whoever comes and takes it forcefully," he said.

Their concerns come after last year's report by a high-level panel, led by former president Kgalema Motlanthle, that found that too many South Africans, in rural and urban areas, had insecure tenure to the property that they occupy.

The panel also recommended that the Ingonyama Trust Act be repealed or amended and that the trust itself be dissolved.

The trust administers 2.8 million hectares of land on behalf of Zulu monarch King Goodwill Zwelithini.

Nonkonyana said that the king had called an imbizo on July 4 where the land matter would be discussed further.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...fully-20180628

Cool heads are needed to get the country out of this quagmire and somehow we seem to be lacking leaders on all sides with the necessary skills and traits to do so. I suppose time will tell if we plunge head long into the abyss or manage to secure a safe solution for all citizens.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EinherjaerZA For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Prepared

SANDF'S Shopping Spree - 2017

Hi Everyone, just saw the details of it on Defense Web, but unfortunately I am not informed enough to analyze our most recent military acquisitions.

I am quit certain our Gov and Military must know exactly how the cookies are likely to crumble after Electiins 2019, hence my interest in this topic.

Would someone kindly read this and 'Woman''Splain it to me??

(ie. Can we gain insight about Gov's official defence strategy for the short term, or are th'ese items standard annual 'top up purchases'
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesi...item_id-52218/http://www.defenceweb.co.za/mobilesi...item_id-52218/

Quote:
South Africa imported R250 million worth of military equipment in 2017

by Guy Martin, June 29, 1:18 pm

An LM5 armoured vehicle.South Africa imported a quarter of a billion rands' worth of military equipment in 2017, according to unverified figures from the National Conventional Arms Control Committee (NCACC), and this included electronics, vehicles and ammunition.

The NCACC 2017 Annual Report states that R256 million worth of equipment was imported in 2017

. This included six armoured personnel carrier (APC) hulls worth R2.2 million from the United Arab Emirates, eight APCs worth R20 million from the UAE (these are most likely JAWS APCs destined for Botswana and imported by LMT as the LM5); two 70 mm rocket launchers from Belgium (R2 million), 18 20x128 mm canons from Switzerland worth R43 million, four missile launchers from the United States (R2.5 million), 12 84 mm weapons from Sweden (R2.7 million) and 100 70 mm rockets from Belgium (R3 million).

Small arms imports included 10 assault rifles and two 9 mm submachineguns from Austria worth R300 000; six sniper rifles from Switzerland worth R650 000;

Ammunition included
50 rocket flares and 100 40 mm rounds from Brazil; 100 70 mm rockets from Belgium, 70 000 12.7x99 mm rounds from Spain (R237 000); 250 'projectiles' from the United States, 103 600 'various rounds' from Finland (R6.4 million); and 400 'various rounds' and 1 600 .300 cartridges from Switzerland while Sweden supplied 360 84 mm rounds (R3 million), 15 000 5.56 mm tracer rounds and 15 000 7.62 mm tracer rounds.

Other imports mainly comprised electronics and sensors, such as thermal imagers (10 from Canada, 11 from Germany, three from Belgium), intercoms, encoders, thermal modules, rangefinders, accelerometers, gyroscopes, antennas, cameras, rangefinders, cameras, 'monoculars', decoders, telescopic infrared sights, inertial navigation units and software. These items came from Germany, France, Switzerland, the UK, Belgium, Finland, Canada, Czech Republic and United States

Various other imports included 22 fire extinguishers from the UK (R2.2 million); a radar station from France (R50 million); and a missile simulator from Switzerland.
And since I'm on this topic... Whatever happened to those 200 +Cubin Mik Mechanics that were flown in and paid a small fortune to 'fix our fleet of broken Samil trucks?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Die Kat Kom Weer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2018, 01:12 AM

The rhetoric is ramping up and it seems if you are against EWC you will be in the minority:

In the last public hearings the DA and EFF apparently squared off. In addition we have this little gem from a participant:

One participant, who did not name himself, said once land expropriation takes place, the state should then become the full custodian of the land. "Then we can deal with the white arrogance," he said.

Another man said that the only compensation farmers should be given is their mirrors, knives and spices, which is all they had when they took the land.

Winnie Makobo told the review committee that she supported amending Section 25, claiming white South Africans were not entitled to land because they were "foreigners".

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...ttack-20180630

The Northern Cape seems a bit more evenly divided:

Louis de Kock, a farmer from Barkly West, said it was the British governor of the Cape Colony Sir Henry Barkly who decided that the land where the meeting was taking place should be taken from the Griekwa's, who was moved to Griekwastad.

"Most land was removed from people by governments," he said. He said it would not be right to take it from individuals.

"We should unite our nation with this problem," he said.

"We should ask the British government to help with the funding of giving the land back," he said.

"If you just take the land from somebody else, you just shift the problem."

The general argument in favour of amending the Constitution to allow for expropriation without compensation was based thereon that indigenous people were dispossessed of their land without compensation, impoverishing the people and destroying their culture and pride.

Expropriation without compensation was viewed as a remedy to this.

An EFF supporter from Barkly West said "European thugs" came to South Africa to dispossess the land.

"White people must be very glad we want equality, not revenge," she said.

She argued whites shouldn't even be taking part in the debate, but she understands that's how democracy works.

She also said women must be first in line "when dishing out land".

The general argument against amending Section 25 was that it will have dire economic consequences and that it isn't necessary to amend Section 25 to achieve meaningful land reform.

Nicol Jansen of Agri Northern Cape said expropriation without compensation will destroy the value of land.

"Why first destroy the value and then return it to the people?" he asked.

https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/N...-land-20180630

The problem in my view is that the government is backing itself in the corner with this. They have already let the genie out of the bottle. If at the end of these hearings the committee finds that the Constitution can not be changed and EWC is not a viable option due to the economic impact it will have, the riots and vandalism will be on an epic scale.

Meanwhile the Zulu is having none of it, they have their own imbizo, separate from the official one, scheduled to happen on Wednesday.

In essence, this is a threat to the existence of the glorious Zulu historiography which, if the trust is stripped of the land, will effectively cease to exist,” he said.

“So, it cannot be business as usual while external forces decide our fate. People need to understand and appreciate that the trust land is part and parcel of the Zulu cultural heritage. What Jerusalem is to the Jews and the Palestinians, Mecca to the Muslims, the Ingonyama Trust land is the same to the Zulus. It belongs to the Zulus of yesteryear, today and those yet to be born,” he added.

He went further and said the issue of land was about “life and death as, without land, what will people cultivate, where will they live, what will they eat and when all is said and done, where will they be buried?”

https://city-press.news24.com/News/z...thini-20180701

Time to join the Suidlanders yet?

Last edited by EinherjaerZA; 07-02-2018 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: added link to newspaper article
Old 07-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Survivor

Interesting. The Muricans sold them rocket launchers.

That is 180 Degrees in the opposite direction of the arms embargo the Muricans hit us with when we called the shots.

The west never ceases to amaze me with its cluster****ery of us.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Kat Kom Weer View Post
SANDF'S Shopping Spree - 2017

Hi Everyone, just saw the details of it on Defense Web, but unfortunately I am not informed enough to analyze our most recent military acquisitions.

I am quit certain our Gov and Military must know exactly how the cookies are likely to crumble after Electiins 2019, hence my interest in this topic.

Would someone kindly read this and 'Woman''Splain it to me??

(ie. Can we gain insight about Gov's official defence strategy for the short term, or are th'ese items standard annual 'top up purchases'
Most of your questions are answered in the comment section of the Defenceweb article you linked to.

The imports are not abnormal or even a lot. The ammunition will mostly be for local consumption for specific weapon systems.

Some of the acquisitions will actually be passed on to some of our land locked neighbours and we are therefore just a middle man. Botswana is busy with an extensive re-armament program and have been buying lots of new equipment in recent years. It might be less expensive to drop off equipment in South Africa by ship and pass it on to Botswana, in stead of getting all the necessary clearance to fly it in or even transport it over land for example.

The sniper rifles and submachine guns, together with the missile launchers might be for evaluation purposes or for specialist units.

I have been told SA has bought Chinese missile launchers in the past for purposes of developing counter measures, due to the use thereof by rebel groups encountered during peace keeping ops north of the border.

The sniper rifles can be for any number of specialist units, include SA Special Forces, the Police Special Task Force and I understand the Parachute Battalion Pathfinders also developed a sniper capability in recent years. (As opposed to designated marksmen in regular army units who usually gets equipped with R1's with scopes.)

Switzerland co-produces SIG Sauer sniper rifles, which both the SA Special Forces and Police Special Task Force is known to use (from pictures of displays during AAD Arms shows or the Rand Easter Show). At the least they are replacing stock or maybe expanding their arsenal after training up additional operators as snipers. Nothing sinister about it.

Both these units also have a Research and Development department and they are always looking at new weapons, such as assault rifles and submachine guns, to evaluate and purchase for use.

The small number of assault rifles and submachine guns involved does not suggest that they are stocking up for trouble, besides they are supposed to still have armories full of R1's, Ak's etc. left over from the SADF.

The Defence budget is being slashed on an almost yearly basis and if something like the National Health Insurance plan happens - it will be slashed even more to pay for the extra pressure on the fiscus. A large part of the current Defence budget is being used to pay monthly salaries and what is left is being used up to fund peacekeeping ops, anti-poacher patrols and limited exercises.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:37 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Do they stockpile Machetes and Old Tires that burn well ?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinherjaerZA View Post
Most of your questions are answered in the comment section of the Defenceweb article you linked to.

The imports are not abnormal or even a lot. The ammunition will mostly be for local consumption for specific weapon systems.

Some of the acquisitions will actually be passed on to some of our land locked neighbours and we are therefore just a middle man. Botswana is busy with an extensive re-armament program and have been buying lots of new equipment in recent years. It might be less expensive to drop off equipment in South Africa by ship and pass it on to Botswana, in stead of getting all the necessary clearance to fly it in or even transport it over land for example.

The sniper rifles and submachine guns, together with the missile launchers might be for evaluation purposes or for specialist units.

I have been told SA has bought Chinese missile launchers in the past for purposes of developing counter measures, due to the use thereof by rebel groups encountered during peace keeping ops north of the border.

The sniper rifles can be for any number of specialist units, include SA Special Forces, the Police Special Task Force and I understand the Parachute Battalion Pathfinders also developed a sniper capability in recent years. (As opposed to designated marksmen in regular army units who usually gets equipped with R1's with scopes.)

Switzerland co-produces SIG Sauer sniper rifles, which both the SA Special Forces and Police Special Task Force is known to use (from pictures of displays during AAD Arms shows or the Rand Easter Show). At the least they are replacing stock or maybe expanding their arsenal after training up additional operators as snipers. Nothing sinister about it.

Both these units also have a Research and Development department and they are always looking at new weapons, such as assault rifles and submachine guns, to evaluate and purchase for use.

The small number of assault rifles and submachine guns involved does not suggest that they are stocking up for trouble, besides they are supposed to still have armories full of R1's, Ak's etc. left over from the SADF.

The Defence budget is being slashed on an almost yearly basis and if something like the National Health Insurance plan happens - it will be slashed even more to pay for the extra pressure on the fiscus. A large part of the current Defence budget is being used to pay monthly salaries and what is left is being used up to fund peacekeeping ops, anti-poacher patrols and limited exercises.
Thank you for responding!

It did seem rather underwhelming to me too. Then again, a Marxist gov is unlikely to use the National Annual Defense Bill to acquire what they need for an upcoming 'radical transformation of society and economy

In Malema's latest tv interview he spoke aobut the inevitability of a revolution/ and was sweet enough to offer the Whites the option of a led or unlead revolution.
(-so we must mos just give land as white people , since failure to take the initiative ourselves WLL condemn us to a certain unled civil war scenario . In which we will loose both land and lives.

He went to on to explain that South Africa is country in crisis, which most likely means something very specific to a Marxist/

Indeed it does .... (Stage 3 CRISIS , which needs no explanaton

Stage 4 is Normalisation

https://youtu.be/pzeHpf3OYQY

hmmm