Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illinois AG: State must release FOID card (Firearm Owners Identification Card) The Goat Firearms General Discussion 50 01-25-2019 09:23 PM
God Card Purdy Bear Religious Discussion 1 05-11-2014 10:33 AM
Best credit card to transfer balance from another card Wild Bill H Financial Forum 9 01-28-2014 01:30 AM
ID card also an ATM card kmech Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 11-29-2010 12:20 AM
All your info on one card??? hightech_redneck General Discussion 12 09-19-2009 06:21 AM
my f.o.i.d card???? nickeynova Firearms General Discussion 31 02-04-2009 10:25 AM
$500 Gas Card ~kevswife~ General Discussion 1 09-01-2008 07:59 PM
$500 Gas Card ~kevswife~ General Discussion 1 09-01-2008 07:50 PM
11 Charged In Global Credit and Debit Card Theft, Sale Of 40 Million Card Numbers Newsfeed General Discussion 0 08-06-2008 05:20 AM

Old 08-30-2014, 08:09 AM
I love this forum

Default So I have this card.

Advertise Here

I was in a shop recently that sells tactical gear. I am in shape, (mostly) level headed, and most would describe me as "the military type". I did spend some serious time wearing both bdu and acu for a living.

Anyhow, I was approached by a guy as I was leaving the shop. He handed me a card and said "please check us out, we need guys like you". The card was for the Virginia Ready Reserve. "virginiareadyreserve.com"
Anyone heard of this? I checked out the website and it looks ok. Are these guys a joke? Something to stay away from? I'm not looking to hang out with a bunch of old fat guys who want to play army. Most of the "groups" I have encountered are just that.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2014, 09:37 AM
spoonmaster

Thanked 60,825 Times in 13,832 Posts

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of this group. I just checked out the link and it looks like a good group. I'm going to keep researching it. I'm not planning on joining anything though, until I find a job in the area.
The Following User Says Thank You to brewmaster1918 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Prepper in Hiding

I looked them up and they are not on anyone’s radar at the moment. They are headquartered out of a small shopping center in Lynchburg. 21430 TIMBERLAKE RD #212, LYNCHBURG, VA 24502

I could not discover who owns the organization but he went to the trouble of getting incorporated in May 2013.

It could be a good way to meet others in your area and form a support group of peppers. Personally I am not into joining a militia group because I feel it’s unwise to stick your head that far up. Just know that a few of these guys have gone off the deep end and everybody in the group goes on the federal watch list. It also makes the rest of us stand out and you know what they say about the nail that sticks up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ray-man For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 20,748 Times in 7,683 Posts

Personally stay away from such groups, especially if playing army is all they care to do versus the physical work and such things as procurement of water and food.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Nothing to see here...

ECW - after about 6 hours of working on the property I'm ready for a nap these days

I'll leave "playing soldier" to the younger generation and focus on the less glamorous things like clearing out dead pine trees, re-planting hardwoods and fruit/nut trees, gardening and other basic stuff (ie, REMF)....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meadmkr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2014, 08:18 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 20,748 Times in 7,683 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadmkr View Post
ECW - after about 6 hours of working on the property I'm ready for a nap these days

I'll leave "playing soldier" to the younger generation and focus on the less glamorous things like clearing out dead pine trees, re-planting hardwoods and fruit/nut trees, gardening and other basic stuff (ie, REMF)....
Understand completely and would be afraid such people may not know there is more to being prepped than talking guns
The Following User Says Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2014, 02:36 PM
that's like, your opinion

Thanked 24,335 Times in 10,076 Posts

seems like kind of a misnomer to me... the individual ready reserve is simply a status, you dont actually drill like in the NG, so this effectively sounds to me like a militia, which is fine, and coming from the army myself, i can respect their training, but i can't say that i would be motivated to join.

on that same note, you can get legitimate free training from your local county... im starting my community emergency response team training (CERT) tonight at our country FD HQ, which goes over more practical stuff... im sure it will be a walk in the park compared to army combat life saver stuff, but its free, so why not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mefunkymxw For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-man View Post
I looked them up and they are not on anyone’s radar at the moment. They are headquartered out of a small shopping center in Lynchburg. 21430 TIMBERLAKE RD #212, LYNCHBURG, VA 24502

I could not discover who owns the organization but he went to the trouble of getting incorporated in May 2013.

It could be a good way to meet others in your area and form a support group of peppers. Personally I am not into joining a militia group because I feel it’s unwise to stick your head that far up. Just know that a few of these guys have gone off the deep end and everybody in the group goes on the federal watch list. It also makes the rest of us stand out and you know what they say about the nail that sticks up.
I'm a Ham Radio operator and I"ll only say they are on the FCC's radar.
Recently went to a FCC regional Field office for ECOMM traing at a work.
Apperently they hev been using these small Chineese HT's for their group's field ops.
Unknowing they were being monitored by officals...Many are unlisenced radio operators.
Some have been on Ham Freq's, others on GMRS freq's others were totally out of band and in the the Commerical VHF band.One was on recorded on a repeater input frequency.
I have a feeling they're going to get slapped with a notice fairly soon. According to the officals that spoke to us said they take this kind of thing very seriously.
Persoanlly I'd say avoid them for now.
My opinion
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HedgeHog1195 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Join and then turn informer. Just another neo-nazi, illegal gun, drug using, anti-government group dedicated to the overthrow of the government. Too small to make the list of terrorist groups yet. Protect your own by ratting them out. Most "love" non-whites, much like most survival groups.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Knowledge is portable...

Thanked 1,451 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waya View Post
Join and then turn informer.
While I'm not in any sort of militia, I do know and generally follow the term; "snitches get stitches... and deserve them"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerberusassoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,774 Times in 755 Posts

Join and then turn informer. Just another neo-nazi, illegal gun, drug using, anti-government group dedicated to the overthrow of the government. Too small to make the list of terrorist groups yet. Protect your own by ratting them out. Most "love" non-whites, much like most survival groups.

Nice blanket statement.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:44 AM

Groups like this attract people who want to learn some skills, feel comfortable with their gear and have some experience. Turn over is high unless you live in the immediate area. Most groups like this exist to back up the local authorities and if you are not local - no further interest. There are "other groups". Local men, women, families that operate under innocent names - such as "hiking group' even "bird watching". You see the operational model is the same - field organization, communications, bivouac, etc etc. The greatest group I have come across was based on the Boy Scouts. They covered & practiced camping, fishing, trapping, hunting, along with educational trips. All activities included parents
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poppa For This Useful Post: