Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-11-2020, 09:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 73,478 Times in 22,653 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods454 View Post

I canít believe itís getting to this point ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why?

There's been like a 90% chance of this since January.

It's the next couple months that are up in the air.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 10:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 47,406 Times in 13,845 Posts

I don't watch basketball, but the NBA just suspended the season until further notice

I don't know if that ever happened before

NYC just cancelled their St Patty's day parade, supposedly that never happened, not even during the Spanish Flu

A bunch of conventions and conferences that have never been cancelled before are being cancelled for the first time ever.

Measures that have only ever been theoretical, and never enacted in real life, are being put into place all around the globe

We're way past the trigger point I should think, but for those people who are still in denial, time to wake up and smell the coffee!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 11:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,111 Times in 3,018 Posts

The stuff in the mail was just junk, it stayed in the PO trash can. I brought the O3 generator package home and let the sun soak it from all angles and then opened it without touching anything except with a glove, stick, or knife. The generator was made in CHINA of course. Didn't touch it. I set it in the mouth of a large box and let the O3 blow into the box with my glove, knife, and stick inside. The output of the generator was then coming back over the generator. If there were any bugs on it I am betting they are dead now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2020, 11:53 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFoal2 View Post
What will you be using the ozone generator on?
Ozone (O3) is supposed to be a powerful disinfectant. Kind of like clorox only a gas. I plan to use it to disinfect things that we may have to share if our kids come.

Like, it will be planting season if they stay here very long. I ain't gonna let them just sit around. I have enough garden tools that each family can have a set, but I only have one planting tool. I can blow some O3 on it between users, and probably give it a sun treatment as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 01:31 AM
Republic of Texas

Thanked 3,634 Times in 912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmac View Post
The stuff in the mail was just junk, it stayed in the PO trash can. I brought the O3 generator package home and let the sun soak it from all angles and then opened it without touching anything except with a glove, stick, or knife. The generator was made in CHINA of course. Didn't touch it. I set it in the mouth of a large box and let the O3 blow into the box with my glove, knife, and stick inside. The output of the generator was then coming back over the generator. If there were any bugs on it I am betting they are dead now.
I am 100% NOT making fun of you because I've done the whole Lysol spray/sun/glove thing with packages too but I need to say this:

Thank you for the giggle.

Because as I read your post, the ONLY thing I could picture was a random caveman (cause no idea what you look like and yes, I'm assuming you're male) poking a box of random items with a stick and scratching his head.

Yeah, I have a vivid imagination but it relieved some stress for a few so thanks.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OneFrugalPrepper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 01:38 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,618 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
I think if it takes off in India we'll have a better idea of it's true mortality rate.

Then we have to hope it doesn't get into a big city here. Few would follow quarantine procedures.

Most people here realize if it gets to 100 cases in a dense city in the US its probably going to explode.
India does not have the best epidemiological record keeping and despite having fairly robust reporting systems in place. You canít record what nobody is willing to report.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Why?

There's been like a 90% chance of this since January.

It's the next couple months that are up in the air.

Why ? ... Because a pandemic is a little shocking regardless if I had known about it since birth or since yesterday ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods454 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFrugalPrepper View Post
I am 100% NOT making fun of you because I've done the whole Lysol spray/sun/glove thing with packages too but I need to say this:

Thank you for the giggle.

Because as I read your post, the ONLY thing I could picture was a random caveman (cause no idea what you look like and yes, I'm assuming you're male) poking a box of random items with a stick and scratching his head.

Yeah, I have a vivid imagination but it relieved some stress for a few so thanks.
Yea my Californian son in law used to think I am a caveman too, running around in wild places with my gun and fishing pole.

But sticks are useful tools you know especially at my place, where there is always one within a few feet. Need to scrape out the chicken food bowl, there's a stick for that and you don't have to clean it afterward. need a plug or a trowel a little knife work and a cottonwood stick and your'e good to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 47,406 Times in 13,845 Posts

I think that, at least for some of us, this event has clarified how much MORE prepared we COULD BE if we had 2-3 weeks of notice or more.

If SHTF had been some sudden event with little/no warning, how much worse off would we be?

I'm still amazed I was able to convince my wife to agree to stocking up as much as we have. But even with this tremendous amount of food (we're having to be careful not to trip on it at this point), I'm confident it's no more than 4 months worth of regular food (not including LTS).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 01:04 AM

Hello all I'm brand new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.. 33 yo from California always wanted to prep and thinking I might make the plunge. As far as the whole pandemic goes I hope you all and your family's stay safe and come out on top of this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirtydave357 For This Useful Post: