Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 03-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,610 Times in 9,405 Posts

Advertise Here

I can mainly conclude that these are just sucker bets and empty rallies to pump up prices, only to yank the football out like Lucy repeatedly did to Charlie Brown. A big head fake, get consumers to dump money back in, and then the big traders all jump out "stealing" more money. This is just the cycle IMO.

Look at Boeing. Dropped like a stone, pumped way up, and now, dropping like a stone again... huge % swings.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 08:46 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 10,084 Times in 4,308 Posts

Liquidate your assets and buy gold, silver, and crypto with all your expendable cash. Thank me later.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,359 Times in 8,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
I can mainly conclude that these are just sucker bets and empty rallies to pump up prices, only to yank the football out like Lucy repeatedly did to Charlie Brown. A big head fake, get consumers to dump money back in, and then the big traders all jump out "stealing" more money. This is just the cycle IMO.

Look at Boeing. Dropped like a stone, pumped way up, and now, dropping like a stone again... huge % swings.
Boeing is one in 500 for the S&P and one of 30 of the DOW. So is that the logic on which you are basing your conclusion? Investment money must go somewhere. Do you suggest under the mattress, in PMs? If so unemployment is going to be far more than 30%.

Exactly how do you justify saying big traders are stealing? Anyone in the market knows the risk. We all know how the big boys play. None of us not even the big boys can play like Buffett.

I cannot find any point other than Boeing that backs you up and that is based on the exception makes the rule. I for get is that one of the logical fallacies?
Old 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,610 Times in 9,405 Posts

I simply referenced Boeing b/c I just lost some money on them, and was paying attention to that company. It could be any number of companies.

A 100% swing in stock price (from 170, to low 90s, back to 170, and now down) based on really nothing, is just market manipulation IMO. Very sophisticated market manipulation. Down on... ?? news, doubled in price on bad news (cutting production, taking out loans to survive, lower plane orders, book-cooking exposed...)... and now a lot of profit taking... It just smells of a lot of shell game scam that I've seen for a long time.

YMMV.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:11 AM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 12,416 Times in 3,967 Posts

On the bright side... Looking at the 6 month DOW and Nasdaq charts, we now have a perfect setup formed for a really solid double bottom pattern to form. If business fundamentals improve and that pattern completes formation It will be an all clear signal for money to flow back into the markets.
The Following User Says Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
Liquidate your assets and buy gold, silver, and crypto with all your expendable cash. Thank me later.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Physical gold and silver.

You can keep the crypto, if you can't hold it you don't own it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Explosive For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:22 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticCRICKET View Post
On the bright side... Looking at the 6 month DOW and Nasdaq charts, we now have a perfect setup formed for a really solid double bottom pattern to form. If business fundamentals improve and that pattern completes formation It will be an all clear signal for money to flow back into the markets.
The biggest signal IMO will be a flattening of the virus curve. Business fundamentals haven't changed. What's changed is the economic fallout from shutting everything down. Excellent companies across the board have all lost money, and this spat between the Saudis and the Russians has just killed oil stocks. However, global society still needs energy to function, and hopefully both of those players will have their spat stuck up their portfolios when they run out of oil to flood the market with. Flattening of the virus curve will mean the economy starting up again. People going back to work and having money to buy stuff other than food.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citykittyatheart For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:53 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,834 Times in 587 Posts

U.S. March consumer confidence was reported this a.m. and although there was a big drop, it wasn't as bad as expected.

The Chicago Purchasing Managers Index also fell to contractionary levels but the drop wasn't as much as predicted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,118 Times in 1,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
I am just befuttled and wondering if anyone has theories on how or why the stock market KEEPS increasing with so much bad news....
It's almost as if the "market" no longer exists to finance and to provide liquidity to businesses that are actually PRODUCING VALUE. (snark)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post: