Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrap It Up with 30% Off Revision Eyewear Revision Eyewear Revision Eyewear 0 12-13-2013 03:40 PM
$39.99 for a pair of Revision Hellfly Ballistic sunglasses (Silver frame, Ocean mirro GearHog GearHog 0 12-12-2013 02:00 AM
$39.99 for a pair of Revision Vipertail Ballistic Sunglasses (56% off MSRP: $89.99) GearHog GearHog 0 02-20-2013 02:30 AM
Revision giveaway kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 07-01-2011 10:00 PM
Revision Vipertail sunglasses - quick review scoutmaster60 Reviews and questions 0 06-26-2011 08:03 PM
Revision Hellfly Polarized BOBtheBUTCHER Reviews and questions 0 11-28-2010 09:34 PM
Should Holocaust Revision Be A Crime WoodlandApprentice Controversial News and Alternative Politics 126 06-11-2010 01:00 PM

Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM

Default Hey from Revision

Advertise Here

Hey everyone- We’re Revision and we wanted to take a few minutes to say hello and tell you a little about us.

Here at Revision we develop and deliver protective eyewear solutions for military and tactical clients around the world.

All Revision eyewear exceeds the ANSI standard while our Sawfly Spectacle and our Desert Locust and Bullet Ant goggles also exceed the military’s ballistic standards, which is why our eyewear is exactly what soldiers are wearing downrange.

You can check out our line of eyewear here: http://www.revisionmilitary.com/eyegear.html

Feel free to post up any questions you have and we'll be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks for welcoming us to the Survivalist Boards. We’re excited to be a part of the forum and we look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revision Eyewear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Sheepdog

Just picked up a pair of Revision Vipertails and I'm really happy with them. Replaced a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators with them. Fit very well (and I've got a punkin head), very comfortable glasses...and they look pretty good too.
Rubber earpieces hold them in place with no slipping. The nicest thing that I like about the earpieces, or temple pieces or whatever you call them is that they are not hard plastic like the RayBans and all the other wire rim sunglasses out there.

Optically they are very clear. No distortion at all from edge to edge. The top of the glasses are low enough that they don't hit the bill on my baseball cap when I wear one. The frames are wide enough to give you a good field of vision yet you don't look like an owl with oversized lenses. The lower portion of the frames under the lenses are high enough that if you smile or talk your cheeks don't push the glasses up. (I guess that's only a problem for people with fat cheeks!) The lenses are dark enough that no one can see your eyes.

Actually, I like them so much that I just bought a second pair. One pair to keep in the "company car" the other for my off duty truck. Won't have to worry about where my shades are.

Revision, you've got a winner with these!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:17 PM
You looking at me!

Thanked 3,909 Times in 1,732 Posts

I have 2 pairs of Hellflys and some EW goggles on the way.

Probably the Vipertails next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Prepared

Wore them in Afghanistan as they are the ballistic eyewear that are issued in the Canadian Forces. The lenses are softer and so don't shatter and become shrapnel. I still have mine and wear them a lot of the time in lieu of sun spectacles.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:26 PM

I got three pairs of the sawfly military eyewear
From revision, and I'll tell you that I have always been an oakley eyewear guy, and cosmetically Oakley glasses are sharp, they are durable, but buying glasses at anywhere from $140-200 is just not for me anymore! The sawfly kits that I have come with frame with adjustable arms/removable retention strap/protective case/2lenses/microfiber cloth pouch/reusable anti fog cloth.
Optical grade: polycarbonate lenses for distortion free vision
Tough:scratch resistant coating on both sides of lenses
Superior ballistic protection
Comfortable fit /adjustable arms
100% uv a,b,c protection
Easy interchangeable lenses, clear safety lenses, and tinted.
I'm not going to spend a crazy abound of money anymore on what became designer sunglasses, the coin I save will go into ammo or some other necessity, I honestly would recommend these glasses
Thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Sheepdog in Wolf clothing

Thanked 6,006 Times in 1,890 Posts

Wore the SawFly version in both sandboxes and have gone through probably 6 pairs over the years. They have saved my eyes more times than I can count. Once taking a 14mm piece of shrapnel that embeded itself into the lens. It was touching my eyelashes when it stopped moving but didnt take my eyeball out. I currently have 2 pair left, one beat up pair for when I am using a metal grinder and one nice pair for everything else. I will be a customer for life.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:52 AM
GunControl=People Control

Thanked 12,016 Times in 3,087 Posts

The link in the first post goes to a website with no content.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Prepared

I too was issued a sawfly and liked it. Might have to get my own set now that I had to turn mine in.