Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Search for Practical, Reliable, CQB Weapon with good armor penetration Still_Kicking Rifle Forum 28 06-13-2015 12:27 AM
what would be a good weapon for a SHTF situation tscharf Firearms General Discussion 32 09-06-2013 12:13 AM
Good SHTF weapon Todd.feirrell Pistol and Revolver Forum 51 08-19-2013 01:04 AM
Nothing good ever comes when someone asks for your weapon. Rifleman69 General Discussion 9 02-10-2013 01:33 PM
.410 good survival weapon among others BugOutBoy91 Firearms General Discussion 63 10-27-2012 11:55 PM
Good short story on drawing a weapon Omnivore Urban Survival 5 09-09-2010 12:45 PM
New Discounted Weapon Light & Weapon Mount Packages, Made in USA Elzetta For Sale 0 09-02-2010 08:35 PM
Those in Ohio looking to buy a good weapon Gunner65 Firearms General Discussion 0 03-02-2010 05:42 PM
weapon shield weapon cleanin product hank2222 Firearms General Discussion 0 12-28-2008 02:17 PM
Good God What A Weapon! 44MAG Firearms General Discussion 6 05-08-2008 04:25 AM

Old 09-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Target Shooter

Advertise Here

I just wiped this whole thing because I know you won't find it helpful. Sounds like your mind is made up that you won't go against him and buy a gun or bow. Not sure how he thinks all the rest of you will defend yourselves once he goes down. I don't like Rambo types. I guess your best option is a tactical tomahawk. Learn how to throw that beast (like skull-splitting throws) and you might be alright. My brother-in-law had to get rid of all his guns when his ex-con father-in-law moved in, and he chose a tactical tomahawk. Seems to be about the right balance of blade and length for both throwing and chopping.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:50 AM

Default Blowgun

Simple, quiet, poisonous, easy to make and conceal, ive made chemical darts, explosive, and fire, and bang ones and many others
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,686 Times in 8,300 Posts

From memory you may be a bit of a mental case so he is probably looking after your intrests there.

Maglight. May not be what you want but what you should have.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,735 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballarmsdealer View Post
Unless of course he's got other types of ammo besides paint balls. Some people should really do there research before assuming and making such statement as yours. Here have a look for your self. Then come back and let me know if you change your mind.

Now multiply that pain by a factor of X 5 with 200 solid 100 grain 6.5 gram projectiles and you have the MB68P breaker ball with more concentrated kinetic energy than a been bag round with twice the range.

Hey OP if you do decide to go this rout send me a message and I'll set you up with a nice little care package because this is what I do and yours is one of the reasons I do it for. Stay safe Michael
We used to use marbles in our paintball guns as kids (not to shoot eachother, but creatures, etc). We were ''too young'' to buy paintballs from Walmart, according to the cashier, so we came back up to the counter with huge bags of marbles The look on his face I will never forget.

They were pretty damn effective too, took out some large critters which I wont mention to avoid flaming.. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna get hit with one, I don't doubt it could cause death with relative ease.

Last edited by MikeK; 12-28-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

+1 Maglite.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 AM
1 of 1,139,562

Thanked 8,767 Times in 4,509 Posts

Ask him to take you shooting and teach you. When he sees that you are respectful of his wishes and are willing to learn from him, it may create an atmosphere of cooperation to help you accomplish your goal.
Besides, some good Father/Son time will be good for both of you.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Winter is coming.

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saicoe View Post
Simple, quiet, poisonous, easy to make and conceal, ive made chemical darts, explosive, and fire, and bang ones and many others
How do you defend yourself with a blowgun?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,675 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbounce View Post
Not recomending a paint ball gun by any means, but I think it is safe to assume you have never been hit with a paint ball. I can assure you it is not a laughing matter.

z
Your safe assumption is dead wrong. As a former member of the Death Puppies (possibly the worst paintball team in the history of Texas), I have been hit by an obscene amount of paintballs.

Sure, it hurts a little, but unless you get lucky and hit someone in both eyes you are not going to incapacitate anything with a PB gun unless you use it as a club.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Prepared

It does sound like your "landlord", in his mature judgment, is not comfortable with you having a gun. Resolve that concern first and the rest will fall in place.

Or move.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,675 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballarmsdealer View Post
Unless of course he's got other types of ammo besides paint balls. Some people should really do there research before assuming and making such statement as yours. Here have a look for your self. Then come back and let me know if you change your mind.

Now multiply that pain by a factor of X 5 with 200 solid 100 grain 6.5 gram projectiles and you have the MB68P breaker ball with more concentrated kinetic energy than a been bag round with twice the range.

Hey OP if you do decide to go this rout send me a message and I'll set you up with a nice little care package because this is what I do and yours is one of the reasons I do it for. Stay safe Michael
Ooh la la!

I stand corrected.

Last edited by MikeK; 12-28-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 09-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel View Post
Please tell us why he won't let you have a gun.

I'd go for a sword in your case, not only will you be able to defend yourself but be take pictures with this with your loved one.

Haha awesome, Stay away from my fat chick she is mine.... All I have to say is what the landlord doesnt know wont hurt him, just carry a bunch of rocks and throw those, cavemen have been doing it for years.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicaljake View Post
I just wiped this whole thing because I know you won't find it helpful. Sounds like your mind is made up that you won't go against him and buy a gun or bow. Not sure how he thinks all the rest of you will defend yourselves once he goes down. I don't like Rambo types. I guess your best option is a tactical tomahawk. Learn how to throw that beast (like skull-splitting throws) and you might be alright. My brother-in-law had to get rid of all his guns when his ex-con father-in-law moved in, and he chose a tactical tomahawk. Seems to be about the right balance of blade and length for both throwing and chopping.
You should of had him look into posession laws because here if they are not within reach or access of the felon then it is ok, I.E. a safe if it is your brother in laws residence and they are secure, I am sure its a little late but just because the felon has no place to live doesnt mean it infringes on home owners rights.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,443 Posts

Unless "no firearms" is specifically written into your lease agreement, you can have all the guns you want in there.

Keep in mind, however, if he finds out, he may choose not to renew your lease, or write it into next year's lease so you'll have to get rid of them if you wish to stay there.

Paintball gun is probably your best bet. I believe you can purchase paintballs containing pepper spray online. Certainly not lethal, but I can't imagine anyone would want to stick around after getting pelted with a couple rounds.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM

That's great that your brother is there and ready to defend you, but what about in a SHTF situation if he is injured, who is going to be able to defend him. I suggest that you ask your brother to rethink the situation and allow you to be prepared for his sake.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,686 Times in 8,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaWhiskyBravo View Post
How do you defend yourself with a blowgun?
Timor they are keen for a bit of poison dart action. I think they shoot them out of little spring loaded guns though.

http://www.defence.gov.au/opEx/globa...0314/index.htm
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Plinker

10 to 1 odds that the OP is 12-17 years old and this is all moot.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Target Shooter

Unless your landlord lives inside your place how is he going to know if you own a gun or not? Get a gun and don't tell him because if you are really concerned about your safety then a firearm is the best choice.....plain and simple. Why? because it is easy to use and it does not require a lot of skill at close range and if you miss the noise alone will scare away any potential attacker.
The Following User Says Thank You to cuchillo negro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicaljake View Post
I guess your best option is a tactical tomahawk. Learn how to throw that beast (like skull-splitting throws) and you might be alright. .

Why would you want to throw away a perfectly good weapon?

Thats a pretty low percentage option in my opinion.

Short club & taser IMO

Tase, whack.

Rinse and repeat.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saicoe View Post
not to be an ass but this sounds highly illegal