Survivalist Forum banner

What will be the trigger?

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  drray777 
#1 ·
For those of you, unlike Nunu, who have not already bugged out, I am curious as to what you will be looking for that will cause you to bug out?

I personally will be looking for signs of civil unrest getting to an uncomfortable level, though I know that it could erupt at any time without warning. And though my BOL is set up to where we can survive for some weeks to months, I believe that if things are too bad, it will be difficult at best to get there by car and a long walk on foot. So, I hope to either be there on leave when things break out, (by the grace of God) or leave early enough that we can beat the exodus crowd.

My big problem now is that when we were at our BOL this last weekend, someone saw that we were gone from our home and broke in. It makes me believe that we are being watched and will be targeted when we go up to work on the BOL. Even at the area of our BOL, there have been many break-ins and theft is on the rise throughout SA, I believe and there is not much being done about it. Now I have to beef up security in our main home and have even had to install an alarm in our BOL.

I will be interested in hearing what others have to say about the st:xeye:ate of our union.

See less See more
#2 ·
To quote Malema's recent speech:

"I've never slapped a white person, I've never called for their slaughter. I've never called for their killing, at least for now. I can't guarantee the future."

It's just a matter of time so my trigger is overt killing. Watching for civil unrest is a good one but here in Gauteng we have daily riots and road closures. I have to change routes very often due to violent riots so won't necessarily realise until its too late to get back home in one piece.

I feel you on the theft issue. With so many people around all of us are always watched so the vultures are ready to move in given the opportunity. Expropriation without compensation is already normal in SA.

#5 ·
It is more than possible. I remember a couple of years back when the suidlanders started their campaign that a major part of the planning for the so called night of the long knives was revolved around this particular facet. Seeing whats going on now makes one wonder if they did not have the whole situation spot on, except for the killing, that has been happening for a very long time and as such the trigger conditions have been met in my humble opinion. problem is that due to economic pressures few of us can afford to bug out now.

#6 ·
I am beginning to believe that 'bugging out' in South Africa will mean that groups of like-minded people will have to band together to form communities that can stand alone and be as self-reliant as possible. The problem is, as I see it, being that there are few 'groups' of people who can get along and work together without conflict. Our BOL is in a rural town and there is still separation of peoples according to skin color and ethnic background. It seems that no one can 'play well with others' but it is going to be necessary when the government finally drives this ship aground and we all have to become as self-sufficient as the situation allows. The Sl is the only group that I know of who is actively seeking to expand and has an actual plan that they are busy implementing. I am busy trying to build a place that can be a part f a self-sustaining community but I do not know how long it can last even if the people get along. God knows, but at least I have some place outside the city to go to and hope to 'retire' there is the S does not HTF.:upsidedown:

#7 ·
When I woke up sweating at about 3:30 this morning and sat in the dark again until 4 when the load shedding was over, I began to ponder whether or not this is what is going to lead us into the SHTF here in SA. I know the joke that even if the STHF it won't matter because load shedding will leave the fans without power, just as my nonfunctional fan this morning left me sweating. But certainly this time the issue is much more significant than before.

We have been in stage 4 load shedding for days now. That means that 4 out of every 24 hours will be without power until when is anyone's guess. Eskom is not sticking to its published schedule, so it is somewhat random when the power goes out. You just have to hope that it will return again after 2 hours, which it sometimes does. I am sitting and typing this message in the dark with a generator powered fan to replace the air con and it is one of the hottest days of summer.

I was planning a trip to our BOL over the holiday weekend to map out where to build our garage and house but I felt God restrain me this morning because the power was out at the prime time for the thieves in this country to work. They like to come at 2-4 AM and I believe that load shedding will only help them.

So I am going to stay home and organize our home preps and be ready to bug out if things continue to spiral downhill. Time will tell if this is the straw that will break the camel's back here in SA.

https://www.fin24.com/Economy/we-only-have-ourselves-to-blame-eskom-coo-20190319

#12 ·
Seriously, we need farmers in the States, you should contact Trump and the churches here. Contact Trump. If. He gets re-elected here next Fall, he would bring you all just to **** off our left wing. You are all native speakers already so 2/3 of the way to passing the citizenship test. Then it’s civics and history. None of you want to be in SA when the Chinese pile in and they are about to.

#17 ·
Joburg ANCYL to offer 'military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics' to members

[https://static]*22:18 29/07/2019*[https://static]*Correspondent

The ANC Youth League (ANCYL) in Johannesburg is offering their members military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics.

An advert has been making the rounds of an ANCYL spring weekend getaway that will include these activities in August, which will cost each member R500.

The activities listed include flag pole raising and lowering, an obstacle course, swimming, hiking, military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics.

News24 tried contacting relevant ANCYL members without success.

However, radio station*702*spoke to the ANCYL's Bheki Nkutha who could not give an answer as to the purpose of youth league members receiving military training.

"Those are internal programmes, you know you need to train all your ... when you are in an organisation you have your own training and I believe part of those training, and I believe part of those training … you can't be seeing MK all the time doing other things, you then need to understand what happens in the military," Nkutha told 702.

Nkutha said the "relevant authorities" in the ANC were aware of the activities but would not give a specific ANC member's name.

Attempts to reach ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe also proved unsuccessful.*

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
27 July at 09:42 ·

Black Centric Forum [BCF] will be Hosting a Shooting Range Session on 3 August 2019 and hereby extend an invitation to all interested Blacks. You are hereby Invited to join the Training Session in the quest to prepare blacks for the grassroots revolution in the near future. Slogans won't gain us our land back, so is political propaganda.

The programme will take Place On The 3rd of August2019 At an undisclosed Venue.

Cost: R400 per Participant (Includes hiring of ammunition, 30 rounds, safety induction, ears and eyes protection kit and range hire)

Kindly register by email on blackcentricforum@gmail.com or contact 0842202467

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Didn't the parliament in SA just pass the land expropriation without compensation bill and sign it into law just a few days ago?

https://www.africanews.com/2018/02/...ion-to-expropriate-land-without-compensation/

That would seem to me to be the final nail in the coffin for SA. Without property rights land has no value...

chavez and stalin did the same thing and history has shown what happened in the old soviet union and what is currently happening in venezuela...

#22 ·
We will have to see how this thing plays out. The list of properties that can be expropriated do not include land that is in use for productive or residential purposes but dormant lands, land acquired through criminal activities, etc. Time will tell if they actually activate it and whether or not they expand the categories to try and take legally owned land. If so, it could be the last straw for certain, but they seem to be needing to deal with other issues, such as tax shortages, failure of national enterprises, such as Eskom, and such. It they go bankrupt, land expropriation will be the least of our concerns.:xeye:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.