who knew you needed hand to hand knowledge to ride the bus - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you practice a bit of hand to hand, if so whats your regimen? Drose427 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 38 12-06-2015 03:17 PM
ADVICE NEEDED: hand crank radios - which one to buy? Bitterroot Hiker Reviews and questions 25 08-26-2014 02:19 PM
SLIDE-FIRE AR-15 Rifle Stock, SBS, Right Hand & Left Hand (SSAR-15-SBS) GearHog GearHog 0 05-27-2014 02:00 AM
Vacuum sealing.........melons.......do these go hand in hand? DoubleBarrelPatriot Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 16 08-26-2013 12:38 PM
Hand Held FLIR Monocular Advice Needed Kris in Edmonton Military Weapons Forum 9 04-14-2012 11:16 PM
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on how to survive capture by an enemy? tribulation_dave General Discussion 28 03-23-2012 02:04 PM
5 reasons to learn hand to hand combat if your armed. sharir Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 12 11-16-2010 04:53 PM
New File Added: FM 21-150 US Army Hand-to-Hand Combat Training TcCoVeN Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 05-28-2009 06:08 PM
New File Added: How To Win In Hand To Hand Fighting.pdf sksdoc Urban Survival 33 04-10-2009 01:35 AM
Military hand to hand demo-videos Yorkshire Boy Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 2 05-26-2008 03:26 PM

Old 07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Will let you beg for food

Thanked 1,632 Times in 401 Posts
Default who knew you needed hand to hand knowledge to ride the bus

Advertise Here

http://www.680news.com/news/national...ntent=n073188A

I am deeply saddened to hear of weird crap like this happening in my country. And people think I am odd because I don't trust strangers AT ALL. I see everyone as a potential threat unless I have known you for a good long time. Guess my weariness pays off...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preparedmama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM

He stabbed him 40 to 50 times before beheading him? What was everyone else on the bus doing? Eating popcorn?

I used to have to ride the bus all the time because I couldn't afford a car. I divide typical bus passengers into 5 groups:

1. People who work too hard for too little money (that was me)
2. Teenagers
3. Senior citizens
4. Handicapped
5. Homeless
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ihatebugs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Will let you beg for food

Thanked 1,632 Times in 401 Posts

This wasnt the city bus but the long haul bus. I guess they quickly got all the kids, elderly etc off the bus and then went to try and stop him but by that time he has finished the poor guy off. I also think shock was at play. I know I would have been saying wtf before i peppered him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 04:30 PM
90/10 headed for 95/5

Thanked 9,213 Times in 4,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatebugs View Post
He stabbed him 40 to 50 times before beheading him? What was everyone else on the bus doing? Eating popcorn?
Exactly...a darned fine question. I've been watching the coverage of this since the story broke, and I'm absolutely disgusted that not one single person took any kind of action to deal with this. No doubt shock was a factor; no doubt that many of the passengers simply weren't in a position, physically or mentally to do anything; but not one person on-board was competent to take some kind of action to intervene? Hard to believe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 357revolverfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Wild Edibles Expert

Thanked 9,938 Times in 4,250 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatebugs View Post
That was my thought... they were saving their Canadian bacon...
Old 07-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Aquaholic

Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,576 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Razor View Post
That was my thought... they were saving their Canadian bacon...
LOL....now that's funny.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:24 PM
90/10 headed for 95/5

Thanked 9,213 Times in 4,050 Posts

Funny, and sad, and likely true....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:03 PM

this is why i hate riding the bus i nearly got stabbed on the bus and i had a gun pulled on me.......cept i somehow got really lucky both times, when fights occur on the bus usually no one does anything for a number of reasons, don't ever let you guard down especially when your on the bus since you have to be real close to people, and try not to ride alone.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Information is Ammunition

Thanked 27,044 Times in 10,520 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5

knives are on their way to being banned next. Then tools of any kind. then rocks & cinderblocks
Old 07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,035 Times in 442 Posts

Horrible story.

Sad that something like that can happen here in Canada, and that the bus departed from where I live in Edmonton.

I took public transist almost everyday for 13 years since highschool because it was more affordable than a car at the time. So I have a lot of experience with the types of people on buses.

90% of the people on a bus are just normal people trying to get from point A to point B. The other 10% either have issues or are trouble makers.

Most of the trouble makers on buses are young males, especially in groups and especially if they belong to a visable minority(sorry PCer's but it's true). Avoid them whenever possible. They could be drunk, on drugs or just looking for action.

If they hassle you, leave the bus at the next stop. If you can't do that, then politely tell them you're not looking for trouble. If that doesn't work and they keep on bothering you, then hit first, hit fast and be ruthless, because the only language evil people understand is the language of violence.

As for the nut jobs, either bring a book with you to read on the bus, or close your eyes and pretend to nap. This way they'll have to find someone else to strike up a conversation with.
The Following User Says Thank You to boy george fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Facin' Long,Personal SHTF

On Nancy Grace's 'coverage' of this incident, they had someone 'on the scene' on the phone talking to the host, and the 'field agent' referred to the knife used as a "survivalist-type knife".

I was offended.
The Following User Says Thank You to TANGO_INDIA_PERU For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Certifiable

First rule of a knife fight, you will be cut. And that is for experienced fighters. I hate to say it but I can understand why no one attempted to stop this from happening, they were rightfully scared for their lives. Too many people go through their lives never being in a situation where they need to defend themselves in a life or death situation. Intervening would have immediately lead to such a situation and that is too high a threshold for most to cross at their own choosing.

There is no more lonely place for a man than to stand alone when an unbalanced individual is threatening to kill you and there is no access to assistance. Been there.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:37 PM
To the Liberty Tree!

Thanked 1,537 Times in 583 Posts

Holy flippin crap batman!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 PM
Information is Ammunition

Thanked 27,044 Times in 10,520 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5

Meanwhile churchgoers jump on a dude wiping out a play with a shotgun. Theres a difference somewhere here.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
I am whatever I say I am

Notice how the suspect's name was not given. Usually the suspect's name and picture are released right away, but not this time. Why is that?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:16 AM

In a great country like Canada what are you going to do except look out for everyone else. When carrying any sort of weapon is illegal how is one expected to act? Concealed carry is illegal, pepper spray is illegal, what are your option, not much.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 AM
This is a great survival forum

Gorwing up near Detroit I sadly have been in a few knife fights and I have the scars to prove it too. If your not expecting anything which in this case it seems like NO ONE was even remotely expecting this guy to go bonker than you can do ALOT of damage very quickly.

As for the orginal poster I have to agree with what he said. Its super hard to trust anyone these days.

"Trust NO ONE not even yourself!" - Napoleon Bonaparte (I hate to quote this total TYRANT from history, but in this case he was right)
Old 08-01-2008, 04:44 AM
ruralist

On this video it claims some passengers did try to stop him, but he turned around to attack them. I reckon it would be hard to keep moving down a bus towards a large sunglass donning head-holding stranger. I would have been looking for one of those sharp hammers to break the windows, that's got to be the closest thing to a weapon on any bus.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 AM

Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Two things: It's hard to aim on a bus full of people and Judo doesn't work in close quarters

That said, he probably had little chance if the bus was moving. But the bus should have been pulled over, and that's where the blame lays.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 AM
Target Shooter

WTF
Be polite and respectful but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Ive scene that quote in most Sgt Maj's offices.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yoyokat867 For This Useful Post: