Coronavirus 1-10 Scale. What Is Your Level Of Concern - Page 15 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 02-21-2020, 05:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,617 Times in 5,902 Posts

Advertise Here

On a daily basis, I search for relevant information on the issue and one small note was the fact crows are gathering there, lots of them.
I live in southern California and the last thing I expected to observe is that I don't see the usual numbers of crows that fly overhead every morning and evening like clock work.
Now it may be just coincidental, I hope, but it is quite a coincidence. But since ths coincidence had occurred, my interest has moved to a 5.
Because if these birds do manage to return with the virus, well you do the math.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 06:17 PM

I posted a pic a few days ago. In case it cannot be viewed:
To help cut through the misinformation:
Look at your local ER Websites. Monitor the patterns of how long the ER Wait Times are. If they go up sharply, several times after a few days to weeks, this could be an indicator that it is in your area!
This was a comment on a Coronavirus youtube vid.
Hope it helps!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondering For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 07:07 PM
BASS

Thanked 3,187 Times in 1,205 Posts

My personnel Alert/Concern Level is a 6 now. There is too much BS Statistics going around. The Chinese have "revised how they classify and report cases within China. It is a classic "cover your own butt move".

So I am doing some flu preps stating today. Food and water isn't a problem. Water, as I have already said, is a Work in Progress.

I have shared my plan with my wife if one of us comes down with the "Flu". If there is accurate testing at the time we, "May try that to be sure". But we will not be separated unless we cannot continue to care for each other any longer. Only time will tell.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BASS For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,333 Posts

Here’s some information you can check for yourself to alleviate “some” of your stress.

Crows in North America migrate only within North America.

But sure, good thinking tho. Kinda sorta. Well ok, not so much.

-Time spent on the above facts: 3.5 minutes. That includes typing this note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
...I live in southern California and the last thing I expected to observe is that I don't see the usual numbers of crows that fly overhead every morning and evening like clock work.
Now it may be just coincidental, I hope, but it is quite a coincidence. But since ths coincidence had occurred, my interest has moved to a 5.
Because if these birds do manage to return with the virus, well you do the math.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS View Post
My personnel Alert/Concern Level is a 6 now. There is too much BS Statistics going around. The Chinese have "revised how they classify and report cases within China. It is a classic "cover your own butt move".

So I am doing some flu preps stating today. Food and water isn't a problem. Water, as I have already said, is a Work in Progress.

I have shared my plan with my wife if one of us comes down with the "Flu". If there is accurate testing at the time we, "May try that to be sure". But we will not be separated unless we cannot continue to care for each other any longer. Only time will tell.......
We are at the same place. I did some research last night and we definately arent being given the information we need to prepare for what is coming. I believe it's worse than the flu but not 50 percent fatality. We need more info. What is the rate of re-infection? Is the virus mutating?
I also think the U.S. Govt is arrogant and believes they can keep this from spreading. If it does spread, we dont have enough beds.

Our family can self quarantine easily. I can telework, hubby is retired, 20 year old can quit his throw away job and we have one in school. Our schools close when the flu gets bad so they will close at any threat of Covid 19. We live in a small rural community. The supply chain is our greatest worry so we're upping our supplies to be quarantined for a long time. We already can get by for 2 months. We need more over the counter meds, bleaxh and water.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigerlilly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Museum Piece

We have everything we need to bug in for months. Even signs for the front yard saying we are not excepting visitors.

Not for our sake, but our pet pig who lives in the house, but does his duty outside.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trip Wire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 04:51 PM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Thanked 13,878 Times in 2,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip Wire View Post
We have everything we need to bug in for months. Even signs for the front yard saying we are not excepting visitors.
Paint "Quarantine" on your signs with a skull and crossbones. That should keep visitors at bay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdevidal For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,278 Times in 781 Posts

My meter just jumped to 10. I live in Alabama and am on an immuno suppressant drug. They are going to move 40 patients to Anniston Army depot. They all have tested positive, but as of yet no symptoms. Based on what we have read, you test postitive, within 14 days you get flu like symptoms. Then if you are not healthy or have a pre-existing condition, you may die. Those who have survived were put on respirators and put to sleep for several days until the symptoms passed. They recover, but still can carry the live virus. This ain't good. So far in China 2-3% are dieing, and there is no end in sight. Getting final preps to stay home and inside for the next 3 months or so.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dixie_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude View Post
My meter just jumped to 10. I live in Alabama and am on an immuno suppressant drug. They are going to move 40 patients to Anniston Army depot. They all have tested positive, but as of yet no symptoms. Based on what we have read, you test postitive, within 14 days you get flu like symptoms. Then if you are not healthy or have a pre-existing condition, you may die. Those who have survived were put on respirators and put to sleep for several days until the symptoms passed. They recover, but still can carry the live virus. This ain't good. So far in China 2-3% are dieing, and there is no end in sight. Getting final preps to stay home and inside for the next 3 months or so.
I'm right there with you! We're 100 miles from An iston but it's still too close for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerlilly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 10:19 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 37,963 Times in 8,846 Posts

I'm at a 6 today, based on new information.

* Virus is spreading like wildfire in S. Korea, Japan, Italy, and Iran and elsewhere. Many infected out of Italy never went to China and have no connection and NO IDEA how they got it nor can links yet be made! Soaring numbers, and now several countries are locking down cities.

* Stock market was down two days in a row, gold prices going up, bonds reacting. Warnings of supply chains interruptions for months. The markets are now paying attention.

* CDC recently announced the US doesn't have any test kits and won't have any until mid-March. I am staggered at this information, which came out on 22 Feb. I just do not understand this and how it's possible. So much fail.

* CDC failed to prevent the State Department from flying 14 infected patients home on a commercial flight with 300 non-infected. Apparently they were tested positive in Asia, yet put on a flight without telling the non-infected. And they are positive in the US.

* I don't know how some people are being tested in the US based on conflicting information. Perhaps we have some tests but not many. The appalling lack of information seems nefarious or incompetent. The appalling decision making seems nefarious or incompetent.

* Many states are simply not reporting numbers citing privacy concerns or just silence. Is this ineptitude, nefarious, dishonest, or simply that they don't have tests and are not wanting to trigger a panic?

* The President today expressed anger at the 14 passengers being flown here on that plane. I'm in dismay that our government seems to ill prepared and inept to handle this.

Folks, this is the opening kickoff of the game, and we're running around like amateurs while the virus is scoring points like crazy...
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:00 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,891 Times in 927 Posts

The fact that it's spreading in countries like Italy and SK has jumped my concern to an 8.

There's no way around is, it's coming here and it's going to spread. Even the CDC is warning of many more cases.

The remaining question is how bad will it be, and the one thing very few mention are the side effects, like economic and supply.

As for us, we already had 6 to 9 months of supplies on hand. We're doubling that and mirroring at the BOL.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ImbriD For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 05:36 AM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 19,725 Times in 5,648 Posts

Only 3 states have test kits... so there really isn't any testing going on right now in the US.

South Korea has jumped from 30 on 2/18 to 400+ as of 2/23......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 05:40 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 9,373 Times in 3,570 Posts

My level of concern.......zero......zero.....zero
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 05:44 AM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 17,525 Times in 5,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
My level of concern.......zero......zero.....zero
That seems low...

I'm certainly on the skeptical side of this....but its not zero. For it to be zero it would have to not be really happening.

Best case scenario.....well....we are already past that point....but say it was cured, stopped, whatever, tomorrow....it would still be a 2 just from the damage already done.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 06:05 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 34,391 Times in 8,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
Only 3 states have test kits... so there really isn't any testing going on right now in the US.

South Korea has jumped from 30 on 2/18 to 400+ as of 2/23......
Only 3 states and the CDC are using the test kits. They're all the same tests. Everyone else has refused to use them because they're not reliable. There's an important realization there.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 10:46 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,278 Times in 781 Posts

The Anniston, Ala mayor is weighing options. Like the California mayor who used a court order to stop them from coming to his city first. Anniston should do the same. I live near Auburn University and they have about 2,000 Chinese students and researchers. 90 miles from Atlanta, so yeah too close to home.

The people in Italy could have gotten the virus if an airplane carrying people who had the virus after departing from wherever they came from carried Italian passengers. The virus was on the plane.

No one as of yet has said how long the virus lives on surfaces. If it is a day or so, yeah, someone could pick it up unless they sterilized the seats, armrests, door handles, etc on the plane.

The virus has been killing people with pre-existing conditions, like diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure, auto-immune conditions like rhumatoid arthritis, which I have three conditions. So yeah, I'm going to have to bug in for a while.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dixie_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,147 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
I'm at a 6 today, based on new information.

* CDC recently announced the US doesn't have any test kits and won't have any until mid-March. I am staggered at this information, which came out on 22 Feb. I just do not understand this and how it's possible. So much fail.

* I don't know how some people are being tested in the US based on conflicting information. Perhaps we have some tests but not many. The appalling lack of information seems nefarious or incompetent. The appalling decision making seems nefarious or incompetent.

* Many states are simply not reporting numbers citing privacy concerns or just silence. Is this ineptitude, nefarious, dishonest, or simply that they don't have tests and are not wanting to trigger a panic?

Our governor has been on the TV...many times as CDC has been playing games with the fact we were the first to report the test kits did not work over three weeks ago. Since then they reported new ones being sent, then later one week, today it is stated perhaps in Mid March we may get them?????

Zero, testing has been done in the state of Hawaii, plus we are trying to get our own lab to do the test instead of only one in the State of Georgia? which to our understanding that we have to wait for the approval to do our own testing???. Why?

Meanwhile, we are a major tourist place of people around the world....coming and going each day. Plus the number one place Hawaii people vacation is Las Vegas...want to talk about people in confined areas..... Yet a three-week wait and possible that the state will get a test kit?? Something is very, very wrong here.

How many states do not have or have test kits that do not work? And what are the political issues that prevent kits from other countries to come in? Is it because the kits do not work or have a major failure rate around the world?....tons of questions. That is not being answered at all.

The other states who do not have the kits or they do have the kits and they do not work....can not produce numbers for case confirmed. Yet everyone pointing at China, when I believe it should be about the total failures of US that are happening right now...more so why????

Meanwhile zero concern here ...why I think it because non-stop disaster real and fake ones have got the people to a numb whatever point, it will not happen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 11:47 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,869 Posts

I flew for business this week between Orlando and Long Island and back. My level of concern is cautiously high. I cannot afford to get ill as I have very important research work to do for next 6 months. Worse, ending up dead and disappointing an important client!

I wore a disposable surgical mask on each flight. Upon boarding the first plane on Tuesday I easily saw four others with surgical masks. On the return flight yesterday I saw only a couple of others with masks, but the flight was packed with families going to Disney. You can be sure that when folks are bound to fly on vacation and have prepaid for expensive tickets and attraction passes, they might ignore the fact that little Pugsley has a sniffles and a bit of a fever.

My prediction is that the Orlando tourist area will become ground zero for a viral outbreak, if not now, at some future outbreak. There are tourists from all corners of the world arriving en-masse.

When the plane landed, I was prepared to ditch the mask when I got into the terminal. Instead I saw that it was packed with people, even the baggage area was crammed with crowds. I finally took of the mask when I got into the outside fresh air.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 11:56 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,591 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
...On the return flight yesterday I saw only a couple of others with masks, but the flight was packed with families going to Disney. You can be sure that when folks are bound to fly on vacation and have prepaid for expensive tickets and attraction passes, they might ignore the fact that little Pugsley has a sniffles and a bit of a fever.

My prediction is that the Orlando tourist area will become ground zero for a viral outbreak, if not now, at some future outbreak. There are tourists from all corners of the world arriving en-masse.

When the plane landed, I was prepared to ditch the mask when I got into the terminal. Instead I saw that it was packed with people, even the baggage area was crammed with crowds. I finally took of the mask when I got into the outside fresh air.
Yep. Sound moves IMO. I also would avoid Vegas and Orlando and similar places unless I had to go there for work.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,565 Times in 2,706 Posts

The two places I travel for business
Vegas and Orlando
Between the airline petri-dish
And the influx of world-wide visitors
I agree
There will be a problem