Mtn Wilderness Survival Retreat Experiences with 60 + pics - Page 62 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter Psyclops DIY - Do It Yourself 6 07-07-2016 06:22 AM
New pics on my remote mtn survival retreat (2013 - Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 119 11-19-2014 07:16 PM
Nice cabin pics where I worked & mtn retreat I Lived Summer 2010 ( Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 06-17-2014 07:33 PM
A Real Wilderness Retreat Akita Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 08-18-2013 06:00 PM
New Pics of my mtn Survival Retreat Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 413 05-31-2013 01:19 PM
New pics showing more of my BOL / mtn retreat, bunker and Solar setup (pic heavy) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 04-08-2013 08:03 PM
Illinois Wilderness Retreat Project! ForrestSpaceModule Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 02-26-2012 08:51 AM
Wilderness camp program experiences? smallbrat Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 01-11-2011 09:26 PM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 09:56 PM

Old 01-08-2020, 02:30 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 25,131 Times in 5,043 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

One more thing before I go offline. And as I have written before I am not sure exactly when I will go offline for a week or even months or even possibly for good maybe only checking in once a year. And I very well might stay on my mtn place this February when I go up with some real life friends who have snowmobiles. Will see and I try to not plan too far in advance since things change. I mean I do have future plans even for five or more years but I also realize things can change.

Here are a few more pics below. I did show one or two new pics and I likely will not post any new thread or take hours creating a long pic post or new thread anymore. The photos I did show with the walls in the previous post ^ I hope made it clear what I am building. And I did get a good start in building that long garage. That is what I need a long garage to cover my two pickup trucks and the camper trailer.

So no one needs to post and tell me that I should have done this or that or I Should have or should build a log cabin or an A-frame or a tee pee / tipi or small yurt or whatever. I need a long garage, I have begun to build a long garage and have it half built so far doing it all by myself like usual.

IF I build a new cabin I likely will not spend too much money for various reasons that I will not go into. I have this strong partially built cabin built into my sunny hillside and I plan to make it into a good, snow proof rock and log cabin with a great view of the Snowy Range which is about 30 miles to the east across the river valley. It will also have two large windows for sun and for the great view. It will be also a partial greenhouse.

And all for now although not sure if or when I will post again

My partially built log / rock cabin which has so far two steel beams in the roof >

I never have shown a pic of this small but great A-frame cabin. >

I do have in storage in a shed steel shelving similar to this. I also have a great deal of canned and freeze dried food inside my large F-350 truck plus two dozen boxes of more canned food and two 55 gallon steel drums plus other food. So I have stored away much more than twice as much food as shown in this pic >

This photo was taken by me almost 20 years ago soon after I had built my largest shed. It shows the "new" 55 gallon steel drum stove which I am going to use more and more.
The hanging white bags are some food etc. that I hung from the log pole roof to keep mice etc. out. >

This is the outside of that large shed and I just showed the inside. I am going to eventually dismantle this and one or two more sheds after I clean them out using the stored material inside. Those log poles are 17 feet in height and were not especially easy setting them up completely by myself 20 years ago. I will use the log poles for firewood and for building material as needed. The main reason it is still standing is because of a steel beam in the roof. >

I plan to buy at least one of these from HarborFreight and I do have a small greenhouse stored away right now up there >

In case anyone has somehow missed seeing this pic of my F-350 and my camper trailer
>

Over the next year or two or twenty I hope to take at least some nice and beautiful pics since I know of very few uncrowded beautiful areas as exists within fifty miles of my mtn area >

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,233 Posts

We all admire you a lot Mike. Myself mostly because you had the balls to leave Colorado and move up here to Wyoming. Your posts seem to make it clear that you want to stay here year round and especially up at your place in the Sierra Madres. My suggestions were intended to give you some information to assist your adaptation to this state.

I grew up racing on skis Mike. Alpine and cross country. When I was not even a year old my grandfather nailed some leather loops on to his big wood skis(I still have them)in front of his bindings and held my little hands with my boots in those loops.
I have been on skis literally since I began to walk. I honestly believe that at 64 years old and still working outdoors here in Wyoming and skiing(not this year per my surgeon)I am very probably in a very small hand full of the most experienced winter sports enthusiasts on this board. I know cold and snow Mike. I know Wyoming.

I have friends near buffalo on the east side of the Bighorns that live year round in their yurts. -40F? No problem. They are very efficient with their fire wood and only one small stove in the center of their yurts. They also have composting toilets and the entire property is cultivated with several wild edibles. Berries of all sorts, yampas, camas, onions, glacier lilies, sego lilies and a lot of domestic root crops.

They all hunt too. Every year. Elk, deer, moose, antelope, ducks, geese, pheasant, grouse. Other than maybe antelope or pheasant I'm betting you've seen all of the above at your place. With a resident hunting licence you could most likely feed yourself and a few others.

I know that lake near your place is loaded with rainbow and brook trout too.

I guess you'll adapt at your own pace and as you see any need to. Personally? I'd be embarrassed to drive around Wyoming with Colorado plates.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Trapper

Haven't been here in a while, but am glad everybody seems to be doing well.
Happy New Year people!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by biathlon View Post
We all admire you a lot Mike. Myself mostly because you had the balls to leave Colorado and move up here to Wyoming. Your posts seem to make it clear that you want to stay here year round and especially up at your place in the Sierra Madres. My suggestions were intended to give you some information to assist your adaptation to this state.

I grew up racing on skis Mike. Alpine and cross country. When I was not even a year old my grandfather nailed some leather loops on to his big wood skis(I still have them)in front of his bindings and held my little hands with my boots in those loops.
I have been on skis literally since I began to walk. I honestly believe that at 64 years old and still working outdoors here in Wyoming and skiing(not this year per my surgeon)I am very probably in a very small hand full of the most experienced winter sports enthusiasts on this board. I know cold and snow Mike. I know Wyoming.

I have friends near buffalo on the east side of the Bighorns that live year round in their yurts. -40F? No problem. They are very efficient with their fire wood and only one small stove in the center of their yurts. They also have composting toilets and the entire property is cultivated with several wild edibles. Berries of all sorts, yampas, camas, onions, glacier lilies, sego lilies and a lot of domestic root crops.

They all hunt too. Every year. Elk, deer, moose, antelope, ducks, geese, pheasant, grouse. Other than maybe antelope or pheasant I'm betting you've seen all of the above at your place. With a resident hunting licence you could most likely feed yourself and a few others.

I know that lake near your place is loaded with rainbow and brook trout too.

I guess you'll adapt at your own pace and as you see any need to. Personally? I'd be embarrassed to drive around Wyoming with Colorado plates.
Thanks for all of that. I am mainly responding to try to explain more. First of all, my CO license plates on all of my vehicles including the camper trailer all expired a while back. The camper expired in Nov. 2018 but still the guy pulled it from Calirado from my cousin's farm and I told him the plates were expired but he told me: "I'm not skeered" He might not sound smart but he does have a very successful construction business, mainly building pot - marijuana greenhouses in quite a few places. Btw, I hate most drugs except a very few over the counter pain killers and I also hate alcohol and tobacco. But I believe in the freedom of anyone who wishes to use those kinds of things.

And I am not going to ever get CO license plates but I most likely will get WY plates just not sure exactly when and I should get the plates etc etc. in the county where my land is located.

There are two fishing lakes within 3 miles of my mtn place: Silver Lake and the one I have posted the most pics of = Battle Lake. Too many new cabins etc. being built around Battle Lake with its own private road and locked gate.

And interesting to read about your friends in the Bighorns which is near the MT / WY border for any who might not know. I am sure it is possible but still difficult to believe very many if any Truly live off the land completely and there is likely the payment of property taxes and buying licenses, etc etc etc,
Much colder even in north Wyoming than my mtn place. While my mtn place is not overly warm it is not nearly as cold as most places to the north such as MT, Canada and much of Alaska.
I have kept track and not too many days below zero for a few years now and not sure when it was last 40 below zero on my land. One reason so many beetle killed trees is because there were not enough -10 or more below zero days.

I will not say exactly where I am anymore. Maybe some can guess but they might be wrong as many are wrong about much of what they post about me and what they think I am doing, where I am and what I should or Must do.

I plan to never leave Wyoming except short trips very occasionally. Once on my land permanently then I plan to never leave it. As I posted yesterday the last "hurdle" as one guy put it I need to jump or accomplish is finishing the walls and roof on my long garage.

I also plan to dismantle most of my 4 sheds except the Tuff shed which is small and still looks great. And I have my old ATV and a few other things inside that Tuff shed.

And I will keep the shed in front of the bunker / underground cabin since it is and will be more and more a wood shed.

I don't want to "adapt" to any state; mainly adapt and succeed on my mtn place. I simply want to be let alone with No kind of trouble from anyone especially when I am on my mtn retreat.

As I have posted before I am going to at least try to be off grid than most. Not simply off grid with my solar panels and generators but Off grid and Off society. I should not have to explain much more.

And I like this quote you just posted biathlon: "We all admire you a lot Mike. Myself mostly because you had the blls to leave Colorado and move up here to Wyoming."

I have wanted to move completely to Wyoming since I bought the land in WY the summer of 1987. But I had to keep going back to Calirado for several reasons. Mainly to keep helping my elderly parents since I am an only child. And I had to keep making money so that I could Live on my mtn place the 23 summers.

I do not believe that All admire me a lot or even much at all. I am certain there are some especially on this S-boards who despise me for whatever no good reasons.

I could name names but just look back at the posts posted in this long thread especially over the past month or two. And maybe see what I see which is not good and I have unfriended a couple people since they were very unfriendly to me. And even in private messages which I won't tell about.

I actually want to stop posting anymore and stop posting everywhere on the net. But I am compelled to answer questions and respond. I spent / wasted too much time yesterday also posting too much. So no one be surprised when I finally do stop posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenxj View Post
Haven't been here in a while, but am glad everybody seems to be doing well.
Happy New Year people!
You too although do any truly believe that this will be a Happy year? I doubt it but all we can do is try to make our own little worlds happy or do as best we can with the little we have.

Again I do wish the best for everyone but I am really truly sick of most of the internet and I do truly believe that in general most people are not truly friendly and would stab someone in the back if needed sometime in the future. I would most likely never stab or shoot or harm anyone Unless attacked someday. But again I hope for the best for everyone even those who misunderstand and likely even despise me but as one more good saying goes: "Hope for the best but Prepare for the worst."
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biathlon View Post
Yurts in minus forty degrees? I had no idea. It sounds like your friends live like Native Americans.
Colorado plates in Wyoming? Given the political climate in Colorado, I could understand the emabarrasment.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2020, 10:54 AM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,233 Posts

Actually, they're Mormon. The adults all have jobs in Sheridan and Buffalo so they are not living off the land as such, they just don't want to pay the property taxes on any improvements to their land. It's not as high as Mikes place either. Just above 8,000 feet.

Yurts are an ancient technology and still used by the Chukchi people in eastern Russia and several nomadic peoples in Mongolia in temperatures that would kill most people. Modern Yurts built with double walls are super efficient.

Tee pees are comfortable too. People have lived through Wyoming winters here for several thousand years in them.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 05:22 PM

Location: digging a big hole,setting forms and rebar and pouring concrete

nice work getting all the pics together,Mike..awesome job by yourself to achieve all that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunkclimber For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkclimber View Post
nice work getting all the pics together,Mike..awesome job by yourself to achieve all that.
Thanks and do you mean All of the hundreds of pics in this really long wilderness pic thread or the pics I have posted the past couple months? You don't have to answer but just wondering.

And to be fair I did not build or even take All of the pics or build everything completely by myself. WR and cavedweller took some pics and even posted some of the pics. Seems like I built alone at least ninety percent of the time. I could go through and think back to 1999 when I first began having strangers help me. They were not complete strangers since I tried to get to know them through email, private messages and even some phone calls.

The guy who helped me the most over two summers since 2012 was Watch Ryder and I did not have to even pay him anything. He even spent his own money building his small unique shed and the ten foot high gate. I think he spent around $500 on those two structures. I did not ask him to build those but he did of his own free will. He did make youtube videos of his building and he made at least fifty youtube videos on my land which I guess was the way he made some or maybe quite a bit money.

There are a lot of pics and videos I could post and have posted in this long wilderness pic thread. Here is the best one which shows much of what Watch Ryder did, camped, Lived and what he built. This 3 minute video shows the unique shed he built and the ten foot high gate also both of which are still standing even after terrible ten to fifteen foot deep snowpack over the past few years. Hope many will look at this video and it shows quite a bit of what WR did with some help from me. It even quickly shows WR and me putting the red steel beam in place on my newest cabin. I think many of his youtube videos have disappeared but glad this one at least still exists >

I doubt I will ever have another Watch Ryder come up to help me but who knows? I will welcome Almost anyone who does show up. Although this next summer or two I hope to have one or two help me and anyone else brave enough to come up. I will even pay all expenses such as gas, food etc plus some hourly pay IF anyone comes up to help me beginning this next June 2020. Just send me a message or email before June 2020.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:29 PM
Trapper

Well, this thread has been in the making for about eleven years now.
I remember Watch Ryder too. Didn't they jam him up while confiscating his shotgun upon returning to the U.K.? Dirty Bastages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 10:51 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I remember Watch Ryder too. Didn't they jam him up while confiscating his shotgun upon returning to the U.K.? Dirty Bastages.
Yeah and I am just finally getting started.

Mainly getting started building some sorta expensive buildings. I would have likely had at least a small sorta fancy cabin built by now If I would not have had almost two years ago, the "mishap" surgery amputation etc. all of which that and some other things took a huge chunk of my life savings and inheritance.

I hope to post more pics but not sure I will after the past month or two of harassment even in private messages plus far too much "advice" which is ok but not necessary. I likely will post more pics someday but just don't know when I will.

And about WR and his problems mainly in the UK - England which he calls Prison Island. A foreshadow of things likely to come here in the supposedly Land of the Free. Here is the very interesting thread created by Watch Ryder and his bad experiences plus his being banned and not even allowed to have a Visa for five years. >

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=256172
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 01:29 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
Yeah and I am just finally getting started.

Mainly getting started building some sorta expensive buildings. I would have likely had at least a small sorta fancy cabin built by now If I would not have had almost two years ago, the "mishap" surgery amputation etc. all of which that and some other things took a huge chunk of my life savings and inheritance.

I hope to post more pics but not sure I will after the past month or two of harassment even in private messages plus far too much "advice" which is ok but not necessary. I likely will post more pics someday but just don't know when I will.

And about WR and his problems mainly in the UK - England which he calls Prison Island. A foreshadow of things likely to come here in the supposedly Land of the Free. Here is the very interesting thread created by Watch Ryder and his bad experiences plus his being banned and not even allowed to have a Visa for five years. >

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=256172
I hope that many will at least look at the first post in that link I gave to Watch Ryder's thread telling about his "adventures" on Prison Island - specifically at the Manchester Airport. He goes on throughout that thread telling in detail what happened and in my opinion, is more proof of definitely a Nanny state which is developing more and more into a police state. Isn't it nice that such things can never happen in this "land of the Free"? Yes that is sarcasm. I think there are at least some in power who see what other countries do, such as the UK, and those "powerful almighty" people think that here in the USA should also do that. Pass more and more laws, have cameras etc. on every street corner and whatever else the socialist over controlling countries do.

I am also quoting from WR's Manchester airport thread this which is one of the best quotes ever and helps prove that there are still a Few places left to do whatever one wishes to do, such as practice and Do all kinds of survival. That is what I try to tell about and that is how Free some places, such as on my mtn retreat, can still be. Extremely free to do whatever one wishes to do, as long as it hurts no one.

A quote from that Manchester thread that I only now fully realize what it really means:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder View Post
Ok, this is a non-fiction story about my return from the adventure of a lifetime in the USA to a nightmare at the airport in Prison Island (UK).

To give you the backstory, I'd set out from the UK with bright and buzzy dreams of adventure's and doing things that the nanny-state doesn't allow it's serf's to do.

I'd arrived in the US and, following various trials and tribulation's I'd worked hard enough for a land patron to give me a place I could call home in the mountains.
All was well and for the first time in many moons I was feeling at the top of my game.
So with a spring in my step and a buzz in my heels I returned to Denver International Airport on the 28th August to catch my flight to Britain.

Story of my US adventure here:

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=242472

Mike, my friend would look after the vehicle I'd bought along with various bits of kit I'd bought or acquired on the mountain.
I didn't know it, but waiting for me, across thousand's of mile's across the Atlantic Ocean, the forces of the 'anti-terror' police faction were waiting....
I remember that WR had created 3 adventure pic threads but seems like only One is left. Such as the link in the above quote no longer works so it must mean that the thread was deleted?

Anyway, it is likely that I will never see Watch Ryder again since I am Not going to fly to England and most likely I will never go outside of the USA. I Might not even go outside of Wyoming ever again except someday to visit my parents grave which is a fair distance from where I am right now. Not sure if WR will even ever be Allowed back into the USA?

I am posting all of this mainly to try to show that people should not be so complacent, proud pleased gratified satisfied content careless slack lax

I have been all of that far too often in the past but no more....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Banned From Books

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 14,445 Times in 3,520 Posts

Quote:
They searched my house on trumped up ammunition charges from the airport search, charges were immediately dropped and of course found nothing. It may even have been wrongful arrest as the .22LR round may/may not have been inert due to it failing to fire back in the USA when I put it in my pocket and forgot about it.

Yet the permission-giver police-chief didn't like me so revoked the shotgun certificate and I had to sell it via a friend. They also stole all my stored shotgun cartridges as well and I received ZERO compensation for it.

I may re-apply for the permission some day in the future though and should succeed in the endeavor God-willing.

I don't know what the next few years hold for America, it seems the insane war on terror will turn inwards where anyone who is a traditional conservative / paleoconservative etc is a hollywood nazi and basically unpersoned. I'll know in a few years when I apply for my visa again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 03:46 PM
Trapper

Quote:
They searched my house on trumped up ammunition charges from the airport search, charges were immediately dropped and of course found nothing. It may even have been wrongful arrest as the .22LR round may/may not have been inert due to it failing to fire back in the USA when I put it in my pocket and forgot about it.

Yet the permission-giver police-chief didn't like me so revoked the shotgun certificate and I had to sell it via a friend. They also stole all my stored shotgun cartridges as well and I received ZERO compensation for it.

I may re-apply for the permission some day in the future though and should succeed in the endeavor God-willing.

I don't know what the next few years hold for America, it seems the insane war on terror will turn inwards where anyone who is a traditional conservative / paleoconservative etc is a hollywood nazi and basically unpersoned. I'll know in a few years when I apply for my visa again.
My best advice to you would be to leave that God forsaken place, where the major news topic is Meghan and Harry, as opposed to the influx of Muslims, Ethiopian's, and *****ian's.. <--- Nige eerians for the stupid curse detector.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:

A few more years when you will even apply for your visa?? I think it is almost five years since you were last in the USA and I also cannot hardly even imagine what the next five or so years are going to be like.

More and more I likely will become a hermit for many reasons. I have lost much, the worst loss is too many people from my parents to quite a few others who have died or just have cut off contact. And I also lost a shotgun the Saiga 12 which was a collectors item for me and the $1,400 it cost is also another big financial loss to add to my other losses. It is possible but not likely that my cousins will return that shotgun that I lent to them but did Not want them to keep it permanently!

Plus losing a great deal more which I won't go into again when I escaped from Calirado. Many flee Californica and go to CO and many other states although they try and do change the state they fled to and make it into another CA such as Calirado now has become.

So far Wyoming is better than anywhere else I have lived but no place is perfect. I also am slowly getting done what I need to get done. It was Not a failure or a mistake when I left my land this past Nov. 29th to move to a small city here in Wyoming. I have had to send many emails etc. and I have been in contact with an attorney in ND where my cousins have been receiving oil money for months now and I should also by June at the latest.

I hope to see you WR someday but who knows for certain? You must also have lost a great deal when you left Montana such as your vehicle and many many other valuable items I won't mention. I hope you did not pay off your one acre of land and hope that will work out.

I will keep your good shed mostly empty since it is way up on the hill a bit far from my other structures. And I will keep it for you to use someday although after another 3 or so years I likely will use it for some kind of storage. I am going to paint the great gate you built WR since the deep snowpack is turning the yellow golden side more mildewy and I need to make much more camouflaged anyway even with natural paint colors, rocks, log poles and much more natural camo.

Quote:
My best advice to you would be to leave that God forsaken place, where the major news topic is Meghan and Harry, as opposed to the influx of Muslims, Ethiopian's, and *****ian's.. <--- Nige eerians for the stupid curse detector.
Glad you clarified that since it - *****ians's could also be thought to be Christians. And the way much of the USA, the UK and so many more areas are changing, Christians, conservatives etc. will likely also become less liked to put it mildly.

One more time I will ask yet again IF there is Anyone who is reading this and you wish to do something different this next summer of 2020, live in a very unique and very beautiful mountain area for a day, a week or even much longer then just send me a private message or email and let's discuss the possibility of you coming to camp, possibly work with pay and all expenses paid and Live like few get to live in today's over controlled world anymore!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Someone had sent me this link to a tiny house but I cannot use it since it is plastic and most likely not strong enough for the heavy snowpack. > https://www.mytinyhouse.org/do-you-w...gbb2EOaT1hoxVk

Some might like this also about taxes etc and I might build something like this someday soon especially if I must become more of a hermit >

Harvest Moon Farms from face book

February 10

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table,
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.

Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries Tax his tears.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know
That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid...

Put these words Upon his tomb, Taxes drove me to my doom...'

When he's gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Excise Taxes

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Permit Tax

Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)

Gross Receipts Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Personal Property Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Service Charge Tax

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Tax

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Sales Tax

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone Federal Excise Tax

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax

Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes

Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax

Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Telephone State and Local Tax

Telephone Usage Charge Tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft Registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the heck happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

---Charley Reese
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 03:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,659 Times in 1,849 Posts

My neighbor has a little stove like that in your picture and it puts out great heat. I wanted to put one on my patio like below but some said Chinese cast iron would rust away outdoors.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2020, 06:40 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Good post Eddie. My 88 yo uncle who died a year ago had a stove very similar to that in his living room. I stayed with him for 3 months before he went into a nursing home. He lived alone on his family's wheat farm in NE CO for more than 70 years. He was also a Marine in Korea and he said he got discharged when it was over - or the armistice. Interesting guy who never married or had children. Even though he lived in Calirado almost his whole life he told me he never went up into the mountains. Not sure why but he could at least see the front range of the Rocky Mountains far to the west from his farm.

As people can see if very many even read this, I can go on and on even off on tangents. But I think my uncles stove was a Vogelzang brand. He had a large windbreak with many dead trees so he had plenty of firewood plus an old barn that had fallen down. Wish I could have gotten at least some of that barn wood for building. I also wish that I could have gotten that good Vogelzang woodstove especially for a greenhouse but my cousins probably put it away to rust. They are also the ones who kept my Saiga 12 $1400 shotgun and won't give it back. Another long story that I probably won't tell about.

I did tell a long story with 55 plus pics in this Snowy Adventure thread If any have missed it. Many maybe have missed it or more likely are ignoring it. Maybe it is still too early since I posted it about 3 days ago but I don't think it will be one of my most viewed or thanked pic threads. I have at least eleven pic threads I have created since 2009 on this S-boards.

The snowy pics are surely different and I tried to tell it as best as I could. Maybe I tell and share too much. I mean 7 and more years ago almost all of my pic threads were well received with many comments and at least fifty thanks. The longest probably best one is this long wilderness retreat experiences thread with 408 thanks on the first post. It took that long for many to find and thank it eleven years ago now.

But maybe I have worn out my welcome on this huge forum. Which used to be busier with from what I remember 7 or so years ago there were more than 10,000 Active members here now there is maybe 3,000 with a few doing most of the posting. I likely will be more quiet and I likely will keep checking this S-boards for new posts actually any questions some Might ask me and for some new messages. I may not post very much at all until I have many more new pics and many more new experiences by October 2020.

One more thing is that a huge number of people have disappeared, stopped posting on this S-boards over the years. Maybe a few died but more likely they just got discouraged with too much politics etc. etc. and maybe went to other forums or are just staying real low. I can do that, lay real low even at 9,500 feet a mile from the Continental Divide. And a few also maybe get discouraged when too many ridicule and say people are not wise such as stupid.
I and a very few even a couple years ago posted and even said in real life that 2020 would very likely be a very interesting year. I even went as far as saying it might be The most interesting important year ever. But many all wise naysayers say no and keep their heads in the sand or wherever.....

And IF a few have missed my latest Maybe even last pic thread here it is with more than 55 pics on the first page. At least a Few have thought these are interesting pics >>>> https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=938308
Old 02-25-2020, 10:50 AM

Don't get discouraged dude, people still read your posts, just the numbers of people have dropped, and a lot of members, like myself don't post much at all.

I have enjoyed your threads for years, and hope to continue to do so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jager627 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager627 View Post
Don't get discouraged dude, people still read your posts, just the numbers of people have dropped, and a lot of members, like myself don't post much at all.

I have enjoyed your threads for years, and hope to continue to do so.
Thanks for posting and I see you also thanked my last post. I am always glad to see someone new and also if that someone says they have been reading my posts and pic threads for years. I and many likely will never know who or how many like, love or hate what we post. And one more reason I am here for more than eleven years now since sometimes I get a message or response saying that what I posted really helped. One guy told me a few years ago that what I posted about dangerous lightning in the mountains saved him and his son...

I do Not need thanks but I still appreciate any who do. And if anyone thanks or responds then it is the only way I know if very many are reading what I post. I usually don't post short, quick and fast. Many of my posts even without pics I might take quite a few minutes and even at least try to think and give a good response. Unlike many it seems all over the net.

And I had been wanting to post a mega pic thread with all of the new pics and even make a completely new pic thread not on this long wilderness sticky pic thread. I did in the Snowy Adventure thread and glad I created it but I just Hope many will at least glance at the pretty unique pics even if they cannot or will not thank. The number of views seen will make me think that I did not waste my time creating it.

My next pic thread If I make one will likely be in October 2020 at the earliest since I plan to do much more than ever from June to October on a certain remote WY mtn place.

I Might post more in this thread and elsewhere but maybe not since I have been posting maybe too much in various threads and I am getting too tired of almost everything that is not what I need and I need to be on my mtn place soon. Most likely sometime in June no matter what even IF I must be alone like usual. I will answer any questions and responses as I am doing right now in this post. But if no questions or responses then likely not much more from me, which I still think many on this huge S-boards hope that I will stop posting, for whatever no good reasons they think that.

One more time If any missed this 55 photo snowy pic thread > https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=938308
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I wasn't going to post much if any until the end of May but with things Finally getting interesting much more than usual, in the stock market which Should crash more than ever and so many other things that are Finally happening I for one, am feeling really good. I know it might sound bad but for any who have spent their life preparing for anything then any and everything Finally happening is inspiring for lack of a better word.

I do not want to see innocents get hurt but IF things do Finally have to happen such as a Big stock market crash, economy collapse and so much more then sooner is better than later.
Most will not prepare anyway and many wish for another year or month or whatever to prepare more. Well it is maybe getting too late to prepare in all ways. IF people can afford it then stock up like never before.

And more important learn and get a strong mind set that you will survive No matter what happens! I am trying to do that more than ever and will when I move back to my mtn retreat in early June and Hopefully stay longer than ever even permanently if possible. And it is possible no matter what any expert know-it-alls think of me or whomever. Here are a couple interesting memes that maybe some of you will like ? >>>

I posted this on my Facebook page. I actually do not like FB but only way to keep in contact with all of my cousins and many at least who say they are my friends. It is supposed to be humorous and one or two could not see the humor. And the guy in the pic is named Marilyn Manson who or what that is, possibly some kind of politician?

I do not like tattoos but in this case I like this meme. As some know I can relate to this more than most since I am an only child, few friends on the net and fewer in real life. And I do what this meme says more than Most. Later whenever I feel like posting again or IF there is a question for me to answer before June 2020...