Gaming computer - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

The Tech Zone Discussion on computers, software and games.

Advertise Here

Old 08-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Hiker

Advertise Here

These are entry level but which is better? Thanks

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpo...?skuId=6329757

https://www.letsbld.com/starter-pc
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,300 Times in 3,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I would just get a floppotron.

Danger Zone on FLOPPOTRON - YouTube
I prefer the wintergatan marble machine

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q
The Following User Says Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 03:47 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,259 Times in 664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greif View Post
One you can upgrade to 3000-series Ryzen CPU. Preferably even before you buy the system Those new ones are (depending on test) close/even/better than Intel equivalents in gaming.

Otherwise those builds are really hard to compare. Intel 660p ssd is said to be really bad performance wise, so the other computers 240ssd+2tb hard drive is better.

Likewise RX580 and GTX1660 trade blows depending on game, newer GTX1660 winning more.

--
I did some searching, both computers have a motherboard with B450 chipset that suppports 3000-series Ryzen processors. So it is upgradeable afterwards. Both have 4 dimm slots.

I lean towards to NZXT build, because it has a full size motherboard and has bluetooth chip that cyberpower does not. You can use it to connect phone, headset or other peripherals in the future. Only thing I would replace is the Intel SSD to something else like Samsung EVO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2019, 06:22 AM
Omnes homines resurgere

Thanked 1,736 Times in 444 Posts

Please don't buy a pre-built system. In my experience they are overpriced, underpowered and very difficult to upgrade. Given what AMD has done to the market with Zen 2, there hasn't been a better time for a budget build.

pcpartspicker.com is a great resource that will help you pick good parts, check for hardware conflicts and even help you find the best price for the components.

I suggest looking at a Ryzen 3600. It's easy on power (and heat), it comes with a cooler and it should slot in to a large range of boards from the X370 and X470 series. I suggest a X470 motherboard from someone like Asus or MSI, but shop around for the best deal. I suggest a 2x8GB RAM kit and a Solid State drive from Western Digital or Samsung. SATAIII at least, or NvME if your budget permits. The Graphics card is probably going to be the big dollar item in the shopping cart. I'm personally a Radeon fan, but the GTX cards are pretty good. GTX 1060 or 1070 are pretty good, or the RX580. If you're lucky, you might be able to find a good card for under $200. For the power supply, look for full modular. It'll make your life that much easier.

I hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 11:11 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,232 Times in 4,329 Posts

Just get them a good, MSI gaming laptop, and a decent external monitor, to hook it to.

I have an MSI Gamer. No, not cheap, and it's now three years old, and I haven't found a single, AAA Title game that it won't play on high settings.