PTR picture thread - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AR15 Picture Thread BackwaterOps Military Weapons Forum 2 08-18-2014 09:06 PM
Rifle Picture Thread Kpz1234 Rifle Forum 10 05-13-2014 12:15 PM
Picture Thread.... Ned Reck Black powder 7 03-09-2014 04:17 PM
Do we have a FAK picture thread? lilred06 Health, Fitness and First Aid 3 12-09-2013 06:21 AM
Picture Thread? Whiskey01 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 2 09-24-2012 11:04 PM
The SHTF picture thread APX.808 Manmade and Natural Disasters 88 07-19-2012 12:25 PM
The AK Picture Thread Burn the Horse Military Weapons Forum 93 06-12-2011 06:14 PM
870 tactical picture thread VTguy Shotgun Forum 17 05-31-2011 11:16 AM
1911 Picture Thread! Goosed Pistol and Revolver Forum 14 06-18-2010 11:59 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 PM
SurvivalCop's Avatar
SurvivalCop SurvivalCop is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 582
Thanks: 111
Thanked 427 Times in 193 Posts
Default PTR picture thread



Advertise Here

After handling this gun for a while an AR feels like it's made out of paper mache to me now. I just had the scope re mounted properly.



Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalCop For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

very nice!
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Groovy Mike's Avatar
Groovy Mike Groovy Mike is offline
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,411
Thanks: 500
Thanked 1,556 Times in 648 Posts
Default

wow. Tricked out!

Mine is plane jane and does the job nicley too.

Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Groovy Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default










Wish I had a camera that could do mine justice...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heckler&Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Just got mine, a stock 91F
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5451.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	38612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5450.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	38613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5447.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	38614  
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillity308 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
Just got mine, a stock 91F
Did your bolt carrier come black? Or is your camera playing tricks on my eyes?

That's interesting.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Did your bolt carrier come black? Or is your camera playing tricks on my eyes?

That's interesting.
If I'm thinking of the right piece, it's a flat gray. The camera flash might have made it look black.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 12:21 AM
SurvivalCop's Avatar
SurvivalCop SurvivalCop is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 582
Thanks: 111
Thanked 427 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
If I'm thinking of the right piece, it's a flat gray. The camera flash might have made it look black.

Yea, your trigger looks black too.

I envy how light you PTR is but I love the scope on mine.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalCop View Post
Yea, your trigger looks black too.

I envy how light you PTR is but I love the scope on mine.
Actually, the trigger definitely IS black, I just checked to make sure. I figured they all were, until I checked PTRs site!

Also, H&C, if the bolt carrier piece in question is the piece that covers the ejection port, that's black too.

My flash hider is black too! Weird. I had no idea that stuff wasn't normally black until I just looked at the model on the website up close again. Sorry for the confusion earlier! I wonder if these parts are always black now, or I got some freak gun?!
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
Actually, the trigger definitely IS black, I just checked to make sure. I figured they all were, until I checked PTRs site!

Also, H&C, if the bolt carrier piece in question is the piece that covers the ejection port, that's black too.

My flash hider is black too! Weird. I had no idea that stuff wasn't normally black until I just looked at the model on the website up close again. Sorry for the confusion earlier! I wonder if these parts are always black now, or I got some freak gun?!
Did you buy new? Never seen any German or licensed makers (fmp/ebo/etc) with black b/cs and triggers.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:05 AM
KennH's Avatar
KennH KennH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Wyoming & Montana
Posts: 96
Thanks: 94
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Default

I am really enjoying my PTR-91 KF and add-ons. Thanks to this site and H&C for lots of great information!



Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KennH For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Did you buy new? Never seen any German or licensed makers (fmp/ebo/etc) with black b/cs and triggers.
Yea man...bud's gun shop, early September, brand new! Serial number's in the high 7,000s.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
Yea man...bud's gun shop, early September, brand new! Serial number's in the high 7,000s.
Cool, I'd field strip it right quick and look for any markings on the bolt carrier. Should be right on the top. If it says PTR congrats, you have the first, or one of the first, known PTR bolt carriers.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Cool, I'd field strip it right quick and look for any markings on the bolt carrier. Should be right on the top. If it says PTR congrats, you have the first, or one of the first, known PTR bolt carriers.
Ok, I field stripped it and checked. I can't find any writing on the bolt carrier itself. The whole thing is definitely a flat black matte finish. The bolt says PTR91, is that normal?
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
Ok, I field stripped it and checked. I can't find any writing on the bolt carrier itself. The whole thing is definitely a flat black matte finish. The bolt says PTR91, is that normal?
Yea, PTR started making their own bolts awhile back. They had one batch that was fubar, they replaced everyones rifle or bolt foc, and they've been solid ever since.

So, there's absolutely no marking on the top of the bolt carrier? Nothing you can make out through the finish? Definitely not an original carrier then...
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Yea, PTR started making their own bolts awhile back. They had one batch that was fubar, they replaced everyones rifle or bolt foc, and they've been solid ever since.

So, there's absolutely no marking on the top of the bolt carrier? Nothing you can make out through the finish? Definitely not an original carrier then...
I can't find any markings on top. Since this is a picture thread, I'll show ya!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5460.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	38704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5461.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	38705   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5462.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	38706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5463.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	38707  
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillity308 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
I can't find any markings on top. Since this is a picture thread, I'll show ya!
Yep, I guess it's PTR's own bolt carrier. I certainly wouldn't think that's a bad thing at all, but at the same time I'd be kinda anxious having the first run of them!

If you want an original, let me know, I have a few lying around.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Yep, I guess it's PTR's own bolt carrier. I certainly wouldn't think that's a bad thing at all, but at the same time I'd be kinda anxious having the first run of them!

If you want an original, let me know, I have a few lying around.
Haha, well time will tell, right?

I did some googling and found this right away: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91...S-113p1461.htm
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Heckler&Coke's Avatar
Heckler&Coke Heckler&Coke is offline
المتخلفين قوات
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Off the reservation
Posts: 5,508
Thanks: 5,752
Thanked 8,496 Times in 3,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillity308 View Post
Haha, well time will tell, right?

I did some googling and found this right away: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/G3-91...S-113p1461.htm
Yep. If I were you I'd hang onto it. Honestly, it looks better made than everything but milled Rheinmetall carriers.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Tranquillity308's Avatar
Tranquillity308 Tranquillity308 is offline
They Drew First Blood
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 68
Thanks: 38
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
Yep. If I were you I'd hang onto it. Honestly, it looks better made than everything but milled Rheinmetall carriers.
Well that's got me all excited now. Just adds to the pre-shooting hype! haha
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net