The boogey man of climate change - Page 114 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ashen Horse Update Bret F Books, Movies & Stories 8 06-15-2019 02:49 PM
U.S. Energy Dept balks at Trump request for names on climate change woodzman Political News and Discussion 56 12-22-2016 08:23 AM
trade war starting with Climate Change? Justme11 General Discussion 27 11-21-2016 01:29 PM
Mountain Man you out there? : ) MayDay Books, Movies & Stories 12 10-26-2016 06:07 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2019, 05:10 AM
William Ashley William Ashley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 110
Thanks: 10
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Walker View Post
500 scientist on record attesting to the fact that there is no climate emergency.

https://clintel.nl/wp-content/upload...versieNWA4.pdf

No biases here


Quote:
Augustinus Johannes "Guus" Berkhout (born 1940) is a Dutch engineer who has worked for the oil and gas industry, and as a professor.

Berkhout started his career working for Shell. Between 1976 and 2007, he served as professor of acoustics, geophysics and innovation management, at Delft University of Technology. From 2000 to 2002 he was chair of a commission dealing with projected sound norms at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, from which he resigned after feeling the commission's independence was undermined by the Ministry for Transport and Water Management. In 2019, Berkhout founded the climate change denial organization Climate Intelligence
Yeah part of the misinformation campagin by Clintel
https://www.resilience.org/stories/2...uments-reveal/

Got any more misinformation to lie to people about to dupe people who don't source check information?

A Harvard researcher's commentary on the report sums it up well

Quote:
“These people are the rhetorical equivalent to the kid in the classroom screaming ‘Look at me! Look at me!’ They’re desperate for attention.”

“As always, they presumably hope to muddy the waters of public and political discourse on the climate crisis. To feed the echo chamber of sympathetic right-wing media and blogs, and to prey on naive and unsuspecting journalists who may be tempted to exercise false balance in their climate coverage.”

The signatories arn't scientists they are political agents of anti climate change political party's.

Quote:
working closely with the insurgent, far-right Alternative for Germany party to campaign against action on climate change.
Just a bollocks source of propaganda.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 05:18 AM
William Ashley William Ashley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 110
Thanks: 10
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Here is the real news

https://www.sciencealert.com/if-warm...seas-20-metres
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 05:23 AM
roseman roseman is online now
NRA Life 1971
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 6,785
Thanks: 7,712
Thanked 12,091 Times in 5,466 Posts
Default

'Climate scientists' are not actual scientists, they are computer data input specialists who massage said data to produce results consistent to what their financial supporters expect.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 06:50 AM
The Old Coach The Old Coach is offline
Militant Normal
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Western West Virginia
Posts: 8,903
Thanks: 2,771
Thanked 18,496 Times in 6,295 Posts
Default

In California we are seeing the leading edge of what the CAGW crowd wants for all of us. Major areas blacked out. People dependent on medical devices may die if it goes on long enough.

But that's a feature, not a bug.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 07:53 AM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,907
Thanks: 2,598
Thanked 17,253 Times in 7,275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
The Pliocene Epoch is a time period from 5.333 million to 2.58 million years BC. It is alleged that global temperatures were 2 to 3įC higher than today with CO2 levels the same as today. There is no proof either cause the other. In fact there is mathematical proof neither caused the other.

Global sea levels are alleged to have been 25 meters higher than today. Given continents are alleged to have drifted from 250 to 70 km it is hardly surprising evidence would indicate a false high. There were abrupt shifts allegedly in oxygen isotope ratios in ice drifts.

It was the global cooling during the Pliocene period that is thought to have caused the disappearance of forest and disappearance of many life forms.

The point is there is zero evidence for what the root cause was. Just imagine if the earth was changing that much what may have been happening to the sun and other planets impacting each other.

Note early homo sapiens did not appear until the middle-Paleolithic (300,000 to 30,000 year ago millions of years after the Pliocene Epoch.

This article is non-sense.

The global warming myth is rapidly being recognized as what it is a myth. The time is short for them to firm up the global control for which it was invented. We are winning based on facts, logic and the absurdity of their lies.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 09:34 PM
William Ashley William Ashley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 110
Thanks: 10
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post

The point is there is zero evidence for what the root cause was. Just imagine if the earth was changing that much what may have been happening to the sun and other planets impacting each other.
I'm sorry did you mean there is 0 evidence you understand because you don't understand basic chemistry that shows CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

None the less another new prompt for antarctica's disintigration.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ic-ice-shelves

Quote:
In a new study published this week, scientists working with the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) at the University of Colorado Boulder, show how 'upside-down rivers' of warm ocean water are carving into ice shelves from below, making them more vulnerable to collapse.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 09:58 PM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,907
Thanks: 2,598
Thanked 17,253 Times in 7,275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
I'm sorry did you mean there is 0 evidence you understand because you don't understand basic chemistry that shows CO2 is a greenhouse gas.

None the less another new prompt for antarctica's disintigration.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ic-ice-shelves
If you proof is warm water melts ice, I think most 3 year olds know that.

There is zero evidence as to the cause of the Pliocene Epoch. It has been proven CO2 is not the root cause of global temperature change. But yes warm water still melts ice.

Have you ever made a pots that was not in essence, "here is what I thing" followed by a link?

All this aside it must be a miserable life not to be able to think for yourself.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 11:57 PM
William Ashley William Ashley is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 110
Thanks: 10
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
If you proof is warm water melts ice, I think most 3 year olds know that.

There is zero evidence as to the cause of the Pliocene Epoch. It has been proven CO2 is not the root cause of global temperature change. But yes warm water still melts ice.

Have you ever made a pots that was not in essence, "here is what I thing" followed by a link?

All this aside it must be a miserable life not to be able to think for yourself.
It is rather unfortunate I can't say what is on my mind; however, I can say I do think that increasing CO2 levels and the disintigration of antarctica are things we should keep an eye on - not because I will be personally effected by it but rather because it represents a dramatic shift in the global stability that emerged from the Chaos of WWII and the new global economic system that is all at a breaking point and increasingly will be stressed over the next 20 or so years.

Again if you don't understand that increased amounts of CO2 = increased temperature then you really don't get it and you need some basic education to get that.

There are of course many other issues in play as it is a multivariable feedback loop.

If I remember correctly you are some old fart so you will be long dead before this is an issue for you. I can only hope you have family you actually care about the life they will be living in 20 years.


Who cares what root cause of xyz is?

You are the one having difficultly not resorting to talking points.

CO2 increases global temperature, correct? Can I hear you confirm that or are you just delusional and mentally incapable of accepting basic facts. Everything else is just you dancing around the issues.

There is no discussion here, from my perspective it is just watching you lie to yourself and everyone around you by moving goal posts and completely diverging from the topic at hand.


Sorry no I will not attempt to turn our current issues into a discussion about period that lasted more than 2 million years and try to explain that as being the same situation we now face with a change of 200ppm to 450ppm over a very small fraction of that period.. like we are talking in scales of decades not thousands of years on the change we are experience. Do you not get that?
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 07:19 AM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,907
Thanks: 2,598
Thanked 17,253 Times in 7,275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
Sorry no I will not attempt to turn our current issues into a discussion about period that lasted more than 2 million years and try to explain that as being the same situation we now face with a change of 200ppm to 450ppm over a very small fraction of that period.. like we are talking in scales of decades not thousands of years on the change we are experience. Do you not get that?
The Pliocene Epoch period pre-dated man. Temperatures are thought to have been 2 to 3įC higher than today with CO2 levels the same as they are today. Therefore if CO2 levels were the cause during the Pliocene period then todayís temperatures would be 2 to 3įC higher than they are today.

Conclusion CO2 levels did not then and are not now causing global temperature changes.

During the Pliocene period carbon based fuels were not being burned. Yet CO2 levels were higher. There were many more forest during this period and a greater diversity of animal life.

Given there was a larger surface area of CO2 converting plant life and no humans to burn carbon based fuels yet the CO2 levels are the same as today.

Conclusion there must have been an alternative cause of the higher temperatures and CO2 levels. Man and burning carbon based fuels are not the root cause.

During the Pliocene period sea levels were 25 meters higher than today. Because temperatures were higher globally there was less ice. Plus for continents to be shifting during that period the land area would have been greater with less average height.

Conclusion the land area was displacing more water and the water warmer. Therefore ice melted and sea levels were higher.

Now prove the root cause of the global environment of the Pliocene Epoch.

Prove why with CO2 levels the same as the Pliocene period why temperatures are not the same as the Pliocene Epoch.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2019, 07:37 AM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,907
Thanks: 2,598
Thanked 17,253 Times in 7,275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post

Sorry no I will not attempt to turn our current issues into a discussion about period that lasted more than 2 million years and try to explain that as being the same situation we now face with a change of 200ppm to 450ppm over a very small fraction of that period.. like we are talking in scales of decades not thousands of years on the change we are experience. Do you not get that?
You are the one who introduced the Pliocene Epoch as proof of what is happening today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
So far all evidence is man is benefiting from both temperature increases and CO2 increases. The evidence is even there from the Pliocene period you introduced as evidence before man.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
Hick Industries's Avatar
Hick Industries Hick Industries is online now
Live Secret, Live Happy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eastern Oklahoma
Posts: 14,132
Thanks: 17,532
Thanked 34,281 Times in 9,621 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
You are the one who introduced the Pliocene Epoch as proof of what is happening today.



So far all evidence is man is benefiting from both temperature increases and CO2 increases. The evidence is even there from the Pliocene period you introduced as evidence before man.
You might want to discuss the changes in ocean circulation patterns that ocurred at the same time global temps decreased, triggering the Plistocene.
Dating of volcanic eruptions, and mountain building in the central american country of Nicaragua, show that global temps were higher when the Atlantic and Pacific could mix. Once the central american mountains blocked these currents, North America started having ice age cycles.

It is absolutely impossible to study the todays climate without first studying how that climate changed in the past.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM
ajole ajole is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,476
Thanks: 7,440
Thanked 21,192 Times in 6,759 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
I'm sorry did you mean there is 0 evidence you understand because you don't understand basic chemistry that shows CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
Iím sorry, did you mean that you canít read or comprehend, but itís moot because you just keep throwing up strawman arguments to obfuscate your lack of any credible points?

Seriously. NOTHING in the post you are quoting said ANYTHING about greenhouse gasses. Iíve read what he says, and you are talking complete crap about it.

But then...thatís all you ever do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
None the less another new prompt for antarctica's disintigration.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ic-ice-shelves
And yet ZERO proof that this isnít normal at this stage of the planetís climate cycles, and ZERO critical thought from WA.

Nothing new, after all.
Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,907
Thanks: 2,598
Thanked 17,253 Times in 7,275 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
You might want to discuss the changes in ocean circulation patterns that ocurred at the same time global temps decreased, triggering the Plistocene.
Dating of volcanic eruptions, and mountain building in the central american country of Nicaragua, show that global temps were higher when the Atlantic and Pacific could mix. Once the central american mountains blocked these currents, North America started having ice age cycles.

It is absolutely impossible to study the todays climate without first studying how that climate changed in the past.
I would agree if I felt we could do better than speculate on what caused which. I do agree with you point in general.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net