Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 10-30-2019, 01:40 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,564 Times in 9,117 Posts
Default Executive Order On EMP's Issued Back In March 2019?

Advertise Here

Did anyone see this back then? I didn't, at least I don't remember it, I think I would have remembered this and I can't find a thread here on it unless someone titled it something else.

1 of many homesteading channels I watch posted this yesterday and I don't remember hearing anything about it. So I went to searching. Kinda interesting but spooky at the same time because I didn't hear about this and that they actually acknowledged it. In case some of you haven't, here are a couple of links.

1 link from The White House.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...gnetic-pulses/

1 from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...uld-you-worry/

And then from The National Security and Defense On May 3rd, 2019.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...eat-seriously/
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.

Last edited by TXplowgirl; 10-31-2019 at 10:16 PM..
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2019, 01:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,478 Times in 7,098 Posts

ITS NOT AN EXECUTIVE ORDER FOR AN EMP!

Itís an executive order to get real about being prepared for an EMP. We all knew they needed to.

Thatís not spooky.

Thatís the government finally saying hey, we need to get serious about hardening the C&C infrastructure, and make plans about how to repair things and deal with outages until, or if, repairs can be effected.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 02:04 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,564 Times in 9,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
ITS NOT AN EXECUTIVE ORDER FOR AN EMP!

It’s an executive order to get real about being prepared for an EMP. We all knew they needed to.

That’s not spooky.

That’s the government finally saying hey, we need to get serious about hardening the C&C infrastructure, and make plans about how to repair things and deal with outages until, or if, repairs can be effected.
To me, it is spooky, because to me that makes it all the more real, that they finally are acknowledging that something needs to be done and that it could really happen instead of just brushing it off. It's an Executive order on EMP's.

You say tahmahto I say mater. Semantics. What part of "Executive Order on Coordinating National Resilience to Electromagnetic Pulses" do you not get? But I will change the title to EMP's from An EMP. Happy now? Jeeze Louise.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2019, 05:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,123 Times in 977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
To me, it is spooky, because to me that makes it all the more real, that they finally are acknowledging that something needs to be done and that it could really happen instead of just brushing it off. It's an Executive order on EMP's.

You say tahmahto I say mater. Semantics. What part of "Executive Order on Coordinating National Resilience to Electromagnetic Pulses" do you not get? But I will change the title to EMP's from An EMP. Happy now? Jeeze Louise.
Not spooky, IMO.

What IS spooky, is that ALL of the prior bureaucracies simply ignored a possible threat to our nation.

Just kicked the can on down the road, as bureaucrats have a remarkable tendency to do...or working on a simple problem "for a lifetime" (without accomplishing anything), and becoming incredibly wealthy while doing so. On a pittance salary. Odd that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 08:58 AM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 5,887 Times in 1,398 Posts

I did notice it and there were a couple of threads started back then on the subject....

I agree..... the news is that Trump's team deemed it important enough that an Executive Order was given.

I remember reading somewhere that it would take 30 years to get everything hardened. I think we all expect the Govt to start with themselves and the military. I also read that it would take up to 3 years to replace damaged, massive components in our infrastructure..... that massive transformers are built somewhere over the pond.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 09:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,339 Times in 2,741 Posts

It took Trump to finally own up to reality. The threat has been ignored way too long.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilmac For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 08:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,596 Times in 1,721 Posts

Quote:
Did anyone see this back then? I didn't, at least I don't remember it, I think I would have remembered this and I can't find a thread here on it unless someone titled it something else.

1 of many homesteading channels I watch posted this yesterday and I don't remember hearing anything about it. So I went to searching. Kinda interesting but spooky at the same time because I didn't hear about this and that they actually acknowledged it. In case some of you haven't, here are a couple of links.

1 link from The White House.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...gnetic-pulses/

1 from The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...uld-you-worry/

And then from The National Security and Defense On May 3rd, 2019.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...eat-seriously/
Change your FOR to ON and I think the disagreement goes away.
Like this:

Executive order on EMPs ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mule Skinner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 08:30 PM
I was young 50 years ago

Thanked 33,146 Times in 12,487 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

How about discussing the actual topic instead of grammar....

Read the rules. Follow the rules. Be nice to each other.
Post in the proper section. Stay on topic. Post useful accurate info.
Send me all your unsigned, not cashed in, winning lottery tickets
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Did anyone see this back then?

Yah there was a thread about it posted on this forum when it was posted.

Thread went something like this

"Gessh bout time they started to do something about this"

"Yah."
"Damn Straight"

"You think they really gonna do something"

"Bout time"

"Finally people who understand."

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...agnetic-pulses

Here is another fun one

https://fas.org/irp/offdocs/eo/eo-13873.pdf

DIALOGUE

https://www.domesticpreparedness.com...nt-microgrids/

Talking Point
Quote:
The next question is, “What will business and state and local government do on their own over the next nine months as the first eight of sixteen (EO 13865) requirements are fulfilled by the Departments of Homeland Security (DHS), Defense (DoD), and Energy (DOE)?”

In the last several years, a series of other studies have shown that it is possible to mitigate these risks with microgrids, many of which could be funded out of energy and operational savings that they create. As a local system of distributed energy resources and electrical loads that can operate as a single entity either in parallel to the commercial grid or independently, the nature of microgrids makes it possible to enhance resilience through redundancy as well as flexibility through adaptability and modularity both initially and over time. Although no microgrids to date are known to be protected from EMP, discussions have been taking place over the last couple of years about creating EMP-resilient microgrids as SBIR Phase III commercialization implementation of solutions for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) call for EMP-protected microgrid systems. Some of these projects are hoped to launch in 2019

From AUGUST

https://othjournal.com/2019/08/27/el...ute-positions/

See
Quote:
On April 30, 2019, the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) released a report titled: “High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse and the Bulk Power System: Potential Impacts and Mitigation Strategies” ⸻ the report.[vi] The report was the most recent product of a project initiated in 2016 by EPRI in coordination with the Department of Energy through their “Joint Electromagnetic Pulse Resilience Strategy[vii]”
https://www.epri.com/#/press-release...KWw?lang=en-US

From that

Quote:
he research indicated that initial pulse impacts could be mitigated through various options including:

Shielded cables with proper grounding;
Low-voltage surge protection devices and/or filters
Use of fiber optics-based communications;
Enhanced electromagnetic shielding of electric substation control houses; and
Grounding and bonding enhancements.

So it seems that these are the joint partnerships that are most obvious for private sector organizations to conduct in materials upgrade.

I would think California would be a prime factor for this to "make sure damaged lines" cannot continue to transmit due to fire risk. " "
Anyone who rebuilds or upgrades Californias grid (due to public outcry at high cost to the taxpayer now that the company went bankrupt) will be the perfect testing bed, and possible funneling for funds as a pet project for model grid modernazation in the most likely state and area to get nuked or be subject to Pacific theatre HEMP.

Precursor
https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...Guidelines.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post: