Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebola-The UNOFFICIAL OFFICIAL Ebola thread to dicuss the other Ebola threads panoz77 Manmade and Natural Disasters 14 11-03-2014 02:10 AM
Not that concerned about Ebola? Please explain your reasoning. Blackberry Queen Manmade and Natural Disasters 147 11-02-2014 07:54 PM
2nd Dallas healthcare worker has ebola Jim Morgan Manmade and Natural Disasters 170 10-18-2014 08:46 PM
Ebola possible in Dallas gw812 Texas 17 10-17-2014 07:53 PM
Jesse Jackson, Dallas lawmaker blame racism for Ebola patientís death Noob_Prepper Political News and Discussion 26 10-17-2014 12:22 AM
new ebola case in Dallas Jim Morgan Manmade and Natural Disasters 99 10-15-2014 01:00 PM
Dallas Ebola Bell Curve randkl Manmade and Natural Disasters 3 10-15-2014 07:08 AM
Jessie Jackson goes to Dallas to help - Ebola patient dies sub Manmade and Natural Disasters 19 10-10-2014 12:49 PM

Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 AM

Default How concerned are you about the Dallas Ebola cases?

Advertise Here

Hi fellow Okies,
I am on high alert right now after TX-OU weekend. With the daily travel to and from Dallas I-35 offers, I feel we have a strong possibility to see a case in central OK soon. Anyone else feel a little more nervous recently?
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 08:15 AM
Tactical Elf

Thanked 1,892 Times in 618 Posts

I am really nervous. I have voiced pretty much these same concerns over in the Ebola US thread. You are exactly right, with I35 there, and the OU-TX game and the week before that OU-TCU, that is quite a few folks traveling to the DFW area. Also, the Texas State Fair was going on at the same time as the OU-TX game... How many people used those nasty porta-potties? Or just how unsanatary are all the rides. It really concerns me.

I knew the US would eventually get Ebola cases, I just really wasnt expecting the first ones to be in DFW. Just a little too close to home... Just ready for payday tomorrow to go get a few more supplies.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM
VIP Member

I'm pretty much a hermit at home type these days but having lived and worked in the DFW vicinity I can understand your concern. Can't say I'm surprised it entered the U.S., just didn't expect it quite so close to home and while I cringed upon hearing this news I think the greatest threat isn't WHERE it showed up first but WHAT'S being done to eliminate it. This, imo, is the weak link or it would never have come into the U.S. to begin with. Human stupidity and/or carelessness is what will keep it going, so it stands to reason it's likely to spread further, regardless the size in population.
Am I worried about it? Right now I feel disgust at the lack of common sense being shown in dealing with this virus more than anything else. As for worry, no one is exempt, this being a virus that could pop up anywhere at anytime just because someone was ignorant enough to try and hide the fact or doesn't respect others and life enough to give either the consideration they deserve.
All anyone can really do, is try and lower their chances of being exposed...and pray it's quickly eliminated from our presence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 42,461 Times in 13,139 Posts

Worried sick, I think I might even have a fever.
We should close the border with TX and quarantine anyone who has traveled from TX to OK in the last 30 days.
Seriously? I am a retired nurse. My BIL is currently a nurse in Dallas. His wife is a Dr there. They both work in the ER. We talk several times a week. Concerned? Yes. Nervous? NO
Old 10-27-2014, 04:45 PM
VIP Member

If not the borders then at least the city/town perimeters of where the Ebola infected case resides, until it's known to be safe again.
The problem, as I see it, is that no one knows what each is or is not doing that might possibly keep it spreading.
Example:
They sent a hazmat team to clean the infected NY doctor's apartment but the a couple of guys with no protection go pick up unused hazardous waste barrels to remove them. Who's to say someone on the hazmat team didn't touch one or two of those barrels before these guys touched them? Follow what I'm saying? It's already been shown the hazmat suits are not 100% effective if the one wearing it has somehow breached protocol and the possibility of them touching something else when the suit might be contaminated is too great, no matter how well trained. Automatic response is human nature.
Example:
Hazmat suit on, taken off but contaminated gloves remaining, not yet removed. A sudden nose itch enters . Or maybe they lose their balance taking the suit off, have to brace themself, think they've cleaned off all they've touched but missed a spot, that kind of thing. Odds are, they aren't going to tell anyone because they don't want to suffer reprisal from others, so they wait to see if they beat the odds. They might wise up within hours and do the right thing but it's too late, they've already contaminated something or someone.
I'm not a radical about this, just saying it's too dangerous to even be near and all the protection in the world won't guarantee a favorable outcome when human nature steps in...or ignorance.
I don't envy your BIL or his wife. May God protect them and keep them safe.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,699 Times in 6,397 Posts

GF is employed at a college so she she's god knows how many students that travel every freaking weekend many go home to Dallas and take their friends with them. I don't like it but I have to live with what she's been exposed to over the past semester this year I am dreading the return after Christmas break.

Good luck all
Old 11-10-2014, 04:02 PM
Kibitzer

Thanked 3,646 Times in 2,189 Posts

What I dread is a car with good gas mileage can leave D/FW area and reach my area non stop.

The scene from "The Stand" comes to mind.