Modern Sporting Rifles- Assult Weapons - Banned And Why - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Jack Swilling's Avatar
Jack Swilling Jack Swilling is online now
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 3,101
Thanks: 5,124
Thanked 7,066 Times in 2,221 Posts
Default Modern Sporting Rifles- Assult Weapons - Banned And Why



Advertise Here

So we read here and other venues that there is no difference between Ds and Rs and split the vote for the better good
Super stupid.
Ds will easily destroy the right to own MSR/AW

"Harris’s higher-polling rivals Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren back banning sales of semi-automatic rifles like those used in recent mass shootings but stop short of calling for a forced buyback of guns already owned. Beto O’Rourke has said he would require owners of such weapons to sell them to the government.

A recent Quinnipiac poll found that 49% of Americans oppose a mandatory buyback of assault weapons while 46% favor the idea. But among Democrats, 71% support the idea while just 23% are against it."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ssault-weapons

With an approximate 3 million vote advantage, Ds will crush you.
I see the posts about giving the tree refreshing blood, but I doubt many are really down with that.
I believe we will be Australia version 2
Confiscation, buy-back, grand-father and destroy, we are screwed
Bend-over grab your ankles and give up the guns
I know some/many, I hope all would be willing to refresh the tree, but no point in triggering the jack-booted liberals/socialists
No one should get red-flagged, but that is the reality.

In a few years it will be a ten million vote advantage and downhill from there
You see that even now it is essentially 50/50 on buy-back
That will only get worse

Our only hope is the 10th Amendment and a few Red States
I will keep moving to freedom States, Red States, until the day I die
That is my recommendation/ solution
Keep consolidating to Red States
Or Refresh the tree, which I do not see happening
Look what happened to the South
That would have been the time to save it all
Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 01:36 PM
alv7722's Avatar
alv7722 alv7722 is offline
Come and Take Them!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Where I Am Now
Posts: 2,812
Thanks: 15,030
Thanked 7,363 Times in 2,123 Posts
Default

You may very well be right. BUT. I feel we have a sacred duty to pass our delineated Civil Rights on to future generations, even if they are too stupid/brainwashed to realize they might need them at some point.

My current location is baked in for my foreseeable future. IMO, running to other states, for a brief respite from the attacks on our freedoms is futile. Our primary stand right now is to support our current POTUS. He is not perfect, but he is our last bastion against total Socialism/Communism.

It has been said that the American Revolution was carried out by a mere 3% of the colonists. In today's terms, that would be 9 million citizens. It would be difficult for the Left to kill or imprison that many people with impunity.

Disarming us is the "Golden Chalice" for the Left. We need to deny them that victory, regardless of personal cost!!!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Revmgt Revmgt is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South florida
Posts: 5,226
Thanks: 8,799
Thanked 14,298 Times in 3,836 Posts
Default

People wonít stand up, not now, because they have something to lose.
If Americans ever get pushed to the point they feel they have nothing else to lose I think this country has the potential to show the world what violence really looks like.
Conservatives in this country are the silent majority, we pay for everything, we build everything, we keep things going. In exchange for that we get ****ed on and we deal with it because even though the noose is around our necks we can still breathe. If that noose tightens to the point where itís intolerable I donít think conservatives will be the silent majority after that.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Vodka Wizard's Avatar
Vodka Wizard Vodka Wizard is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 382
Thanks: 226
Thanked 605 Times in 260 Posts
Default

Remeber that noncompliance is always an option.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Vodka Wizard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Grotius's Avatar
Grotius Grotius is offline
Bad Moon Rising
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8,530
Thanks: 6,773
Thanked 25,523 Times in 6,532 Posts
Default

It's also prudent to remember that the extreme, Liberal Progressive, farthest left fringe is populated by a significant minority of Americans.

They certainly have the loudest voice, the Hollywood pulpit, the Twitter narrative, and a lot of attention on social media, but they're still a minority of the 330,000,000 Americans currently inhabiting North America.

Just because they're loud doesn't mean they're either cohesive or un-beatable.

I don't trust polls, in general, because it's so easy to produce a desired result.

People need to not fear these liberal elites, but should instead organize, energize, and mobilize ever-larger groups of people to vote against them.

They are not a majority. They don't get their way, just because they throw adult temper tantrums and harass conservatives out of restaurants. Don't give them that power.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Chuckleberry's Avatar
Chuckleberry Chuckleberry is offline
Limited Tolerance Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NoDak
Posts: 3,458
Thanks: 5,216
Thanked 8,182 Times in 2,641 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
It's also prudent to remember that the extreme, Liberal Progressive, farthest left fringe is populated by a significant minority of Americans.

They certainly have the loudest voice, the Hollywood pulpit, the Twitter narrative, and a lot of attention on social media, but they're still a minority of the 330,000,000 Americans currently inhabiting North America.

Just because they're loud doesn't mean they're either cohesive or un-beatable.

I don't trust polls, in general, because it's so easy to produce a desired result.

People need to not fear these liberal elites, but should instead organize, energize, and mobilize ever-larger groups of people to vote against them.

They are not a majority. They don't get their way, just because they throw adult temper tantrums and harass conservatives out of restaurants. Don't give them that power.
`

The nazi's never received higher than 33% in any of the elections & the last one where they got that 33% was by far their best showing & also the last open & free elections until after the war.

.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckleberry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Grotius's Avatar
Grotius Grotius is offline
Bad Moon Rising
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 8,530
Thanks: 6,773
Thanked 25,523 Times in 6,532 Posts
Default

The Nazi's didn't have 23 different individuals running for Fuhrer.

I'm not sure the analogy holds.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:10 AM
Camelfilter's Avatar
Camelfilter Camelfilter is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: State of Jefferson XX
Posts: 1,444
Thanks: 4,465
Thanked 2,123 Times in 977 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
The Nazi's didn't have 23 different individuals running for Fuhrer.

I'm not sure the analogy holds.
Most democrats would vote for a potato, if it were nominated.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 AM
0002S's Avatar
0002S 0002S is offline
μολὼν λαβέ
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 2,350
Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Polls...lol

If the polls ‘really’ and overwhelming where in favor of a ban or buyback it would be done.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Jack Swilling's Avatar
Jack Swilling Jack Swilling is online now
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 3,101
Thanks: 5,124
Thanked 7,066 Times in 2,221 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
Polls...lol

If the polls ‘really’ and overwhelming where in favor of a ban or buyback it would be done.
Yes there are the polls

But Rodham got three million more votes
Thank God we live in a Republic
Next election Trump my lose by five million and still win
But the math is the scoreboard
When it gets to 10 million, say 2024
Do you think the electoral college will matter at all
I do not

I think sooner rather than later no MSRs/AWs
We shall see what is what
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 10:52 AM
0002S's Avatar
0002S 0002S is offline
μολὼν λαβέ
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 2,350
Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
Yes there are the polls

But Rodham got three million more votes
Thank God we live in a Republic
Next election Trump my lose by five million and still win
But the math is the scoreboard
When it gets to 10 million, say 2024
Do you think the electoral college will matter at all
I do not

I think sooner rather than later no MSRs/AWs
We shall see what is what
The FED is limited and the States are not as much with respect the 2A. So since the politicians want their vote cake AND eat it too they will let the states chip away and the courts limit the outcomes.

I do not think there is an appetite for a full on a nation AWB or Magazine capacity ban. Too many middle American house and senate members that are afraid of the consequences.

Then there is also the donation side of this. Both sides get HUGE donations based on "the children" vs "the communist". Neither really want to see a solution as it would give the losing side the edge in $$$ and next election turnout.

Maybe I'm 100% wrong.


There does seem to be an appetite for some sort of national Red Flag system though. I just think the devil is in the detail and court challenges that really can't be won.


If the Fed and States would just DO THEIR JOBS and enforce THE CURRENT LAWS these situations would be me limited.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 11:03 AM
A_SonofLiberty's Avatar
A_SonofLiberty A_SonofLiberty is online now
Gone Fishing
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay
Posts: 3,220
Thanks: 12,665
Thanked 11,052 Times in 2,622 Posts
Default

I disagree with the OP as to our "only option". We could water the tree.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 12:50 PM
HappyinID's Avatar
HappyinID HappyinID is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,192
Thanks: 2,459
Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,895 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
I do not think there is an appetite for a full on a nation AWB or Magazine capacity ban. Too many middle American house and senate members that are afraid of the consequences.
This is exactly what the gun folks I was talking to were saying when I was working the tables at various events, just before the 1994 AWB passed.

The gun crowd is a very complacent and overly confident one. Only a tiny fraction of gun owners will make any effort to stop what's coming. The rest will sabre rattle and criticize pro 2A groups actions that they didn't contribute to or get involved with.

It's the old not voting and then complaining about who gets elected.

Regardless of any past mistakes or problems with the NRA, real and invented, if their numbers grew by a couple million right now, we would have at least a chance. Because whatever some gun folks may think, politicians are afraid of the NRA, and don't worry about the smaller 2A groups much.

Things like San Francisco declaring the NRA a "terrorist organization", aren't happening because they think they're ineffectual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
I disagree with the OP as to our "only option". We could water the tree.
The OP points that out and says he doesn't think that could happen. I agree.

Most gun folks can't be bothered donating 50 bucks or writing a couple letters. They're not going risk everything and organize to change the government over an AWB, any more than they did last time around.

Get off your butt now folks, or welcome to AWB II, likely to be worse than I, with III, IV and V, soon to follow.



.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HappyinID For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 12:56 PM
cz4me cz4me is offline
STUPIDITY WILL = PAIN
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: GEORGIA
Posts: 18
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Agree not only option, too many vets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	molon-labe-spartans.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	291546   Click image for larger version

Name:	60260335f2efeea65265dfb100857fe9.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	291560  
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cz4me For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 04:37 PM
0002S's Avatar
0002S 0002S is offline
μολὼν λαβέ
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 2,350
Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinID View Post
This is exactly what the gun folks I was talking to were saying when I was working the tables at various events, just before the 1994 AWB passed.
The 1994 AWB is why they don't have an appetite at the Federal Level. I was there as well.

The States have precedence to regulate firearms up to what Heller took back.

Look at the last 15 years. The states are taking away our rights. Not the Fed. We all get SO FOCUSED on the Bump Stock reversal in ruling. That was the BATFE and not a vote of both houses. Had that required a vote we still have them in states that allowed them.

As states go Blue at the local level those state are going to get stripped away. The show is being played out for all to see.

The Trump this and Senate that and House this....What has the Federal Government voted on and President signed as far as gun control since 1994 AWB (hint...nothing).

Now since the 1994 AWB what has certain states taken away.....all the fun stuff with nothing but FUDD stuff left......

They tried to sue manufactures and Supreme Court said no. They tried to ban at city level and the Supreme Court said no. Then they said we'll just ban components which is nothing more than a shadow ban and well create legislation to make it harder and harder to own at the state/city level.

Somebody has to get in trouble for a bump stock and magazines and some other BS AND that case has to make it to....A N D.....SCOTUS has to hear it before we can get rid of the last 10 years of States BS.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 06:51 PM
ajole ajole is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,881
Thanks: 7,833
Thanked 22,468 Times in 7,097 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
Most democrats would vote for a potato, if it were nominated.
Well, to be fair, compared to those they have in the race so far, that would be their best option.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 06:56 PM
AZ_HighCountry AZ_HighCountry is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: High country of Arizona
Posts: 7,384
Thanks: 1,819
Thanked 25,018 Times in 6,107 Posts
Default

And, should the Democrats succeed in implementing their wishful fantasies you can pretty much say goodbye to ALL firearms-related sporting events such as:

- the annual CMP National Matches (some of you may want to consider reading what the CMP's charter is)
- the annual NRA National Matches
- regional CMP or NRA-sponsored matches
- local and state association-sponsored matches
- the ending of a whole industry dedicated to the civilian shooting sports

Democrats are incapable of looking at the overall big picture of the impact of their delusions on the country.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 PM
Unobtanium's Avatar
Unobtanium Unobtanium is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NW,AR
Age: 33
Posts: 9,951
Thanks: 4,267
Thanked 9,068 Times in 4,484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
The 1994 AWB is why they don't have an appetite at the Federal Level. I was there as well.

The States have precedence to regulate firearms up to what Heller took back.

Look at the last 15 years. The states are taking away our rights. Not the Fed. We all get SO FOCUSED on the Bump Stock reversal in ruling. That was the BATFE and not a vote of both houses. Had that required a vote we still have them in states that allowed them.

As states go Blue at the local level those state are going to get stripped away. The show is being played out for all to see.

The Trump this and Senate that and House this....What has the Federal Government voted on and President signed as far as gun control since 1994 AWB (hint...nothing).

Now since the 1994 AWB what has certain states taken away.....all the fun stuff with nothing but FUDD stuff left......

They tried to sue manufactures and Supreme Court said no. They tried to ban at city level and the Supreme Court said no. Then they said we'll just ban components which is nothing more than a shadow ban and well create legislation to make it harder and harder to own at the state/city level.

Somebody has to get in trouble for a bump stock and magazines and some other BS AND that case has to make it to....A N D.....SCOTUS has to hear it before we can get rid of the last 10 years of States BS.
Charges for illegal machine gun possession due to having a bumpstock have already been filed against at least one citizen.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Unobtanium For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 03:25 AM
0002S's Avatar
0002S 0002S is offline
μολὼν λαβέ
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,028
Thanks: 2,350
Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,690 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
Charges for illegal machine gun possession due to having a bumpstock have already been filed against at least one citizen.
2-3 years out then. Hopefully lower courts will deal with this sooner.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 09:28 PM
AZ_HighCountry AZ_HighCountry is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: High country of Arizona
Posts: 7,384
Thanks: 1,819
Thanked 25,018 Times in 6,107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
2-3 years out then. Hopefully lower courts will deal with this sooner.
And, a felony conviction meaning prohibited possessor afterwards.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net