Do you network with other local survivalists? - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Buy Local Gift Fair (hosted by Local First Milwaukee) vigilant20 Wisconsin 0 11-30-2014 10:27 AM
Local Survivalists in Brisbane Delta Charlie Australia and New Zealand 16 03-08-2013 03:29 PM
Successful survivalists will be community survivalists. TMcArthur Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 99 12-13-2012 04:34 PM
Looking for local fellow Survivalists SwifTst Events, Connections and Get togethers 4 08-10-2011 06:56 PM
I need the fellowship of local survivalists LizzyTizzy New Member Introduction 28 06-24-2011 03:39 AM
survivalists network NW Arkansas kelvin General Discussion 0 12-02-2010 08:23 AM
DCERN: Using FRS in Emergencies for Local Radio Network KaBar67 Communications 6 04-29-2009 05:15 PM
Fort Worth reporter looking for local survivalists startelegram New Member Introduction 36 03-18-2009 05:13 PM
Print your own local money? Boost your local economy? salatheel General Discussion 3 12-07-2008 09:42 AM

View Poll Results: Do you meet with other local survivalists?
I see no need to be involved with other local survivalists 10 6.33%
I would like to, but I don't know how to network with other local survivalists 67 42.41%
I do network, but I never meet with any other local survivalists 13 8.23%
I sometimes meet with other local survivalists to share, learn, and have fun with prepping 20 12.66%
I have a group of trusted friends who prepare together regularly for the possibility of SHTF 33 20.89%
I don't trust anyone, I'll make it on my own 9 5.70%
I am worried I/my family will not be able to survive alone if SHTF 10 6.33%
other: please explain if you wouldn't mind 15 9.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Question Do you network with other local survivalists?

Advertise Here

I am just curious, how many members here actually network with other survivalists in their area?

And if so, what sort of things do you do, if anything at all?

Do you have a group/club?

Do you have get-togethers?

Do you have a "group plan" to pool resources if SHTF?

Do you do drills (i.e.: earthquake, flood, NBC, etc.)?

Do you do these with only family &/or close friends, or are others welcome?

How do you meet other survivalists?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to armedpilgrim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Im interested in the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to zja08 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Veteran 11BC2/EOD

Thanked 2,368 Times in 1,036 Posts

I met one from these boards, found out we are 150 yds apart.

Meeting new ones, thats kind of hard. Its not like Craigslist has a catogory
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PLA For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 PM
getting there

I like the idea, but I don't know of any other survivalists nearby, and I'm not sure how to find them. It would be cool to go camping or something like that and exchange skills, but my schedule varies so much, it's hard to plan things like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to PoorBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Thanked 12,448 Times in 4,657 Posts

Not any more.

I checked other ... I have to explain? ... Let's just suffice it to say there are a lot of strange people (regardless of whether they prep or not) out there. What more can a gal say?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
All bark, no bite

Thanked 1,175 Times in 472 Posts

Meet with others at mutual oppurtunity. Do a campout/fun weekend at least once a year. OpSec by all involved. All good friends.
The Following User Says Thank You to sardog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,079 Times in 44,802 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I have a small group of trusted friends. We've been prepping and training together for years now. I moved into this neighborhood about 2 and a half years ago and by luck, ran into two families up the road who are also preppers. They're not part of the group, but we do have a mutual aid agreement between our households.

I wish we could put away enough preps for the neighbors. We all have land here, but most of our sheeple neighbors turn theirs into giant lawns rather than farm it. In a crisis, we could expand the farming and animals immensely with their help, but it would take time to get enough food growing and there's no way to support them that long. It's a hard situation.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:10 PM

Those who do network how could I get started in it?

I know I can't go it alone. I have a couple good resources I would be willing to share with someone close that I could trust.

EDIT: Anyone in my area feel free to pm me if you would be interested in talking.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zja08 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Jesus Saves Sinners

As for me, and my family, we don't really know any other actual committed, hard-core survivalists.

My best friend is a fairly serious prepper, though his time and financial status doesn't really allow him to get fully prepared, and never has time to actually get out and do any practicing.

We have a couple other friends who have a bit of a desire to prepare, but are not very serious. One other friend has a real survivalist outlook, but his wife keeps him on a short leash, and she hates the idea and thinks he's nuts.

Other than that, honestly, I don't trust anyone else enough to even talk about prepping.

What I would like to know from others on the forum is how did you go about meeting other survivalists in your area, and how did you arrive at the point you felt you could trust them?

I voted in my poll above that I am worried that I and my family will not be able to make it alone if SHTF, and I don't know anyone else who is willing and able to meet on a fairly regular basis to share knowledge, pool resources and do some outdoor training like wilderness survival camping trips. To me, that would be the best way I can think of to establish a "circle of trust", and to determine if we could establish a mutual aid agreement should poo hit prop. I would like to meet other local survivalists, but I'm not quite sure the best way to go about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armedpilgrim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
H.O.G.

I'm in a group and met them through someone on here. We were both in same area, chatted and decided to meet in a public place for a drink. Her husband and her were serious preppers and already had a group and were looking to expand it due to the realization that they couldn't do it alone or with a very small group (It takes a LOT of people to run proper security details). We talked and shared idea's and thoughts on survivalism and what it meant to us to be in a group we trusted. We have group meetings once a month and do a school on a subject(s), do a potluck, visit and make plans both oral and written, or emails on what we need at "the property". These people have become very good friends and the group overall is very tight. I highly recommend you read "Lights Out" as a beginning prepper, and then "One Second After". Very good reads with lots of storied info and a wakeup on what could happen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Semper Fi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Ringin Your Gong From 600

Thanked 11,420 Times in 4,431 Posts

Other

I know a few folks around here that prep and we discuss it, but we don't really 'get together' and do anything in that realm together.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkbern For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Ringin Your Gong From 600

Thanked 11,420 Times in 4,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
I'm in a group and met them through someone on here. We were both in same area, chatted and decided to meet in a public place for a drink. Her husband and her were serious preppers and already had a group and were looking to expand it due to the realization that they couldn't do it alone or with a very small group (It takes a LOT of people to run proper security details). We talked and shared idea's and thoughts on survivalism and what it meant to us to be in a group we trusted. We have group meetings once a month and do a school on a subject(s), do a potluck, visit and make plans both oral and written, or emails on what we need at "the property". These people have become very good friends and the group overall is very tight. I highly recommend you read "Lights Out" as a beginning prepper, and then "One Second After". Very good reads with lots of storied info and a wakeup on what could happen.
I'll be needing a map. Near Bellevue by chance?

That's great that you found like-minded folks to join up with. I know a few people around here but don't really have any plans to group up with any, as most aren't on the same page as me.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkbern For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,624 Times in 26,376 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

A friend in need is a friend in deed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Jesus Saves Sinners

Looks like the poll is showing the majority of those who responded would really like to network with local survivalists, but are not sure how.

Other than using this forum (which is a fantastic resource, BTW ) to network locally, anyone out there have other ideas?

There's a bunch of us that would sure like to connect locally, for obvious beneficial reasons.

A thought I did have, though, about getting in touch with local survivalists who are on this board, is that there is some benefit as far as getting some idea of whether someone is likely "on the same page", so to speak. You can look at their past posts to determine if they are the kind of person you might want to associate with, which is pretty cool.

That being said, anyone got other ideas?
Old 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
the survivalist

Default If they are out there and willing?

I wouldn't mind finding a few in my area of concern. If they are out there I would like to get to know them and form some sort of alliance with them for TSHTF senario. If interested PM me and we can get together for a shoot and exchange some methods of survival.
The Following User Says Thank You to survivor01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,

I do some networking, but the meeting-up is harder. I would like to meet-up but my husband may have a problem with it.

Now if it was an all-female or mostly-female group it would be easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to grebetrees For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Tuefel Hunden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
Not any more.
I checked other ... I have to explain? ... Let's just suffice it to say there are a lot of strange people (regardless of whether they prep or not) out there. What more can a gal say?
Yep there are some real nuts, keep looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
Great to hear and see others with plans! Well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBooker44 View Post
A friend in need is a friend in deed
Yes, there are alot in need and also those that can be great assets
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forestdavegump For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 02:20 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 92,983 Times in 24,487 Posts

I have a couple of family members that are interested and want to start, one just joined this board a Month ago.

I have several neighbors that are survivalist/Preppers but they don't even know it, they are farmers and talk about storing food all the time. One man that runs a turkey/cattle farm a 1/3 of a mile down my road, talks about the governement going to hell and stocking up all the time. I hope to use him as a bartering partner if needed. The farm across the road raises goats, chickens and few cows and horses and sell brown eggs, again I hope they wil barter in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Hunter

I think most people around here are just making it from week to week or day to day here. They can't get ahead enough to plan for next month. I don't know of any preppers around me,although there might be some.

There are several people here on the forum from Wv,but I've never been in contact with any of them. So,no i don't interact with any group or families.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 41,322 Times in 8,128 Posts

Quote:
Do you network with other local survivalists?
I try to - once a year I will throw a bar-b-q and invite everyone over, but nobody shows up.

3rd annual southeast texas meet and greet - https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=96035

And hardly any responses
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post: