Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,864 Times in 10,446 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
The problem is that most prophecies do not give any kind of time frame. So eventually they could come true. This isnt just for Kim Clement but any prophets.
Well, in his 2012 prophecy that Trump, who showed no signs of running back then, would be president, the time frame would be within Trump's lifetime, right?
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2019, 10:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,499 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
I don't know nuthin 'bout no prophets, but....how didja get a hold of that pic of my wife and me?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2019, 08:44 AM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 22,676 Times in 8,183 Posts

Quote:
Well, in his 2012 prophecy that Trump, who showed no signs of running back then, would be president, the time frame would be within Trump's lifetime, right?
Which prophecy is this?

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,136 Times in 748 Posts

Here is an example of a prophet giving a true message from God.
Quote:
Isa_44:28* That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.
Isa_45:1* Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;
Isaiah was prophesing about King Cyrus "by name" who would come 100s of years later to take over the Babylonian empire and allow the Hebrews to go back to Israel and rebuild the Temple.

It came true.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:10 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,306 Times in 24,095 Posts

Quote:
Can you point to anyone of his that was predicted before an event and could only be interrupted for that single event? I have looked at his stuff in the past and unless I am missing something, all of them, on a long enough time scale, could eventually be linked to an event and go, haha, see,it came true.

The problem is that most prophecies do not give any kind of time frame. So eventually they could come true. This isnt just for Kim Clement but any prophets.
I don't know. I remember when my wife heard him speak and came home and told me he gave warnings to the city of New Orleans. One Month later Katina happened. https://youtu.be/9Gv3p7-FHVQ

Bottom line for me is; he has made some amazing predictions. His credibility has no effect on me or my faith either way. If he's a complete fraud or speaking for the Lord there is nothing I have to decide or make some determination either way.

OM...

Last edited by OhioMan; 07-08-2019 at 11:17 AM..
Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Which prophecy is this?
Old 07-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 33,947 Times in 8,742 Posts

Ecclesiastes 1:9 ►

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun”.

Considering that verse, most any smooth talking con man could present himself as a prophet.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,066 Times in 3,469 Posts

The modern day "prophets" are either con artist Evangelical preachers, secular swindlers who claim psychic powers, gypsy fortune tellers, homeless mental cases, or a pizza delivery boy on "Supernatural" named Kevin Tran:

The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 36,023 Times in 14,236 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
The modern day "prophets" are either con artist Evangelical preachers, secular swindlers who claim psychic powers, gypsy fortune tellers, homeless mental cases, or a pizza delivery boy ...
The Bible gives examples of guys who tried to make a profit or to become famous by claiming to have some extra powers. Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8:9–24.

We still have men who function in the ministries of an evangelist, or prophet, or pastor, or teacher, or apostle, without being con artists.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 33,947 Times in 8,742 Posts

Ecclesiastes 8:7
“Since no one knows the future, who can tell someone else what is to come?”

Isaiah 46:10)
“Only God holds the future, and only He truly knows what will happen.”
Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
The modern day "prophets" are either con artist Evangelical preachers, secular swindlers who claim psychic powers, gypsy fortune tellers, homeless mental cases, or a pizza delivery boy on "Supernatural" named Kevin Tran:
So, Acts 2:16-18 is invalid, wrong or a lie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
I think it's pretty clear here,

Acts 2:16-18 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Homesteader

Thanked 5,921 Times in 2,650 Posts

I listened to the video (watched some) while doing other things. Very interesting but I will go back and watch it in entirety this evening.

Several things come to mind. I don't care much for his theatrics. Who or what is the source of his 'prophecy'? I know it showed a 2014 date but anyone can add that at a later date. Has anyone here seen the video before Trump ran? I had never heard of him before this thread so have no history on him. I also want to find more of his productions so I can see for myself his history of accuracy and also more important see what he is predicting for the future and see if he is accurate (I'll look for them also).

This way I can draw my own conclusions on what he might be.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:56 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,449 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote:
So, Acts 2:16-18 is invalid, wrong or a lie?
Who was he talking to? "14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say." Context IS everything. Who was the prophet Joel speaking to? It matters.....
Old 07-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Hunter

Not invalid and certainly not a lie. The entire prophesy is below. The prophesy was part of the Word of God given to Joel to speak to the Hebrews in the land prior to being invaded by Assryia and Babylon. One principle of Biblical prophesy (the future telling part) is that there can be multiple fulfillment ie. near term, mid term and far term. Verse 28 of Joel is a prediction that God would give the Holy Spirt available to all people who call upon the name of the LORD (Jehovah). This pouring out was what Peter was witnessing at Pentecoste when he preached the sermon in Act chapter 2 and quotes Joel 2:28. It was the evidence of the indwelling of the Christian after trusting Jesus Christ as Savior. This would be a mid term fullfillment of the prophesy.

Quote:
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter was preaching to Jewish travelers from the many nations thru out the known world who had returned to Jerusalem for the celebration of Pentecoste and/or Passover. The audience were Jewish men and maybe women who knew the prophesy of Joel and would have understood what Peter was saying. And 3000 of them got saved. Joel's prophesy was for the Hebrews. Of course anyone can trust the Lord and be filled with the Holy Spirit.but the specific prophesy was for the Hebrews.

An interesting note is that Joel said "whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:" and Peter said "whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. "
Joel used the Old Testament word Yehovah (Jehovah) translated LORD and Peter used the Greek word Kurios translated Lord meaning Jesus Christ. So this would be evidence for Jesus Christ being Jehovah prior to his incarnation being born a man.

Quote:
Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
Joe 2:30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
There is still to come a far term fulfillment during the Day of the Lord or the time of Jacobs trouble. We call it the Tribulation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Context IS everything. Who was the prophet Joel speaking to? It matters.....
Not sure why you claim it matters. However, you cannot answer a question with a question.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you claim it matters. However, you cannot answer a question with a question.
I posed the question and then answered it. People make all sorts of claims about the Bible, cults started, people mislead. When used as it is supposed to be, in context, things get clear. That is why it matters. And Acts 2 is spoken to a specific group of people and it is valid. At this point the Church was still a Jewish Church.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I posed the question and then answered it. People make all sorts of claims about the Bible, cults started, people mislead. When used as it is supposed to be, in context, things get clear. That is why it matters. And Acts 2 is spoken to a specific group of people and it is valid. At this point the Church was still a Jewish Church.
What the hell are you talking about? The passage I am referring to is about end times prophecy, not 1st century Jews.

16 No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘In the last days,’ God says,
‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.

Your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.
18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on my servants—men and women alike—
and they will prophesy.
Acts 2:16-18 (NLT)
Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? The passage I am referring to is about end times prophecy, not 1st century Jews.

16 No, what you see was predicted long ago by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘In the last days,’ God says,
‘I will pour out my Spirit upon all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy.

Your young men will see visions,
and your old men will dream dreams.
18 In those days I will pour out my Spirit
even on my servants—men and women alike—
and they will prophesy.
Acts 2:16-18 (NLT)
I am talking about context. Many people claim they are "last days prophets" and giving prophetic messages. In the verses you give yes there will be prophecy but most likely not the charlatans you see on tv and youtube videos. The context of WHO Peter was addressing in Acts 2 is important. Is that clear enough. It really is not that hard to grasp. Hard to take a message to the Jewish people and say it is for someone else now.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
The context of WHO Peter was addressing in Acts 2 is important. Is that clear enough.
No. Repeating that the context is important does not explain why it is important. P
Old 07-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Hunter

Peter; I sent you two PMs but my sent file didn't show they went. Let me know if you receive them. I will send again if not.