Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,015 Times in 5,638 Posts

Advertise Here

In the early 70s we had similar social unrest and problems with people pushing their ideas of the end . I was handed stuff all the time and I prayed about it .
What I was given is that God will instruct me when the time comes,,, and I trust God.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,979 Times in 691 Posts

Samuel was a prophet, a priest and a judge during the time just before and after Israel wanted and received a king. Usually a prophet did not perform the duties of the priest nor a judge or king. Samuel did and was the only one until Jesus Christ. Christ performed the duties of the prophet and the priest and He is the King of Kings.

Prophets mainly performed two functions. They prophesied or told about future events and they also told and/or preached about what God wanted the Israelites as a group or an individual to do.

God told the Israelites to test the prophets. If everything the prophet said came to pass, He was a true prophet. If it didn't he was a false prophet and not have anything to do with him.

In the sense of foretelling the future, I don't think there are any true prophets by the Bible definition. However in the sense of telling People what God wants I believe that maybe there are some. However it must line up with the Word of God or they are false. God said in the Bible if a prophet told the people to do something contrary to God's Word, they were to put him to death.
Quote:
Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
I think the line between prophets, pastors, evangelists, and teachers is thin. They all preach God's Word. But they also minister to people in different ways according to the gift God gave them.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Prepared

Realizing my spiritual gifting was prophetic is what led me away from the denomination of my childhood. They believe in the cessation of such gifts. It was several yrs of turmoil...realizing this gift and trying to make sense of it....trying to figure out where I fit....and then trying to figure out how it all works. I still feel at a loss about some of it.

Some of the things I've realized is that John the Baptist, as a prophet, led people to Christ. He was the voice crying out in the wilderness....telling people to turn away from sin, repent, and turn to Christ. Jeremiah talked about the words he had to say were a fire inside of him. There are times I have felt this...absolutely overwhelmed by something God has said to me....that I need to share. And sharing it exhausts me. There are times I had said something or prayed something aloud (in a group), where I don't remember the words later....there was a point where it seemed as if *I* stopped praying....and God began.

Idk how everyone else's prophetic giftings go....mine tends to be as a watchman....and as an intercessor (and very very often, an intercessor for marriages). Many, many times, the Lord shows me something about a situation or within a person, for me to pray over. To FIGHT over in the heavenlies. Someone will just be talking, and I have a knowing about the situation they are telling me about. Once I was on the phone with a woman I knew a little bit, and she was just talking about normal life stuff and people in her apt....but when she mentioned a certain man....I felt a knowing about him and her, and I warned her to be careful.....and she later told me that that freaked her out....because no one knew how close they were getting (both married to others). I just felt it. The vast majority of things I "know", it's only to pray over. I used to think I needed to talk to all those people, but God has shown me otherwise. When He wants me to talk, He lets me know. And then it's almost like when you are nauseous and refuse to puke....like nope, if I don't puke then I'm not sick....and the more you hold back, the worse and worse you feel....till finally you just pray that you can puke, cause you want to feel better and have it over and done with. (Obvs, I hate to puke....) Knowing that God needs me to say something is terrifying, scary, and a struggle. Mainly because I tend to struggle with speaking, and struggle with saying things well. I feel Moses when he was at the burning bush, talking to God, and telling Him how unable he was.

As a child, I was extremely sensitive to scary things, and I had (and have) horrible nightmares. I've learned this is common among those who are prophetic. I have dreamed about every home I've ever lived in....but not realized it at the time....I later had a deja vu experience, and remembered that exact moment in a past dream. I dreamed about the sex of my kids, before getting checked at the dr. I saw my daughter in her first yr, in a dream, while pregnant with her. I also saw my last son in a dream, around 2yrs old, and truly thought that he was going to make it....and not be stillborn, as he was. Sigh. The enemy wanted to destroy me. He pounded me into dust.....but God added water (or perhaps my tears?), and the Potter got to work again.

I have learned that there are people set into different offices of prophecy. It's been a long time since I read what the different offices are.....so I'm very rusty on my remembering. There are small prophets like me....just doing normal, everyday life. But there are offices of prophets (ie, different positions) where God has people in charge of more things.....they have more authority. My mentor in all of this has the authority of an apostle....and his definition of an apostle is one who works in authority, in several different spiritual gifts. He does have great authority....and he's the humblest, most non-assuming, kindest, and loving person we know. His ability to KNOW is kinda spooky at times, lol! And while he is humble and gentle, he speaks with authority. He preaches, he teaches, he speaks prophetically, he counsels, he knows about spiritual warfare and the differing ranks and whatnot in the spiritual realm...and offers great insight on that, I haven't heard him speak in tongues....but I know he does when he is in prayer (I've heard his wife do so). I'm sure there is more he does, too....it's been awhile since we all lived close by, and got to visit together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019, 06:04 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,540 Posts

It took me a while to remember who that was. BTW he died in 2016. He and Lakewood church were/are part of a movement know as the NAR, New Apostolic Reformation, Joel's army etc. Look it up and form your own opinions. I have my own about the movement. While I do believe God can give some prophetic insight I do not believe you will see "prophets" in the Biblical sense as in the OT. I think if they call themselves that it is enough to set off my "radar" for these types.
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,331 Times in 9,853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
I realized in reading Big Johns post that I received prophecy, not for the whole world but for my doctor, who was doing missionary work in Haiti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFred View Post
Realizing my spiritual gifting was prophetic is what led me away from the denomination of my childhood. ... Idk how everyone else's prophetic giftings go....mine tends to be as a watchman....and as an intercessor (and very very often, an intercessor for marriages).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
While I do believe God can give some prophetic insight I do not believe you will see "prophets" in the Biblical sense as in the OT. I think if they call themselves that it is enough to set off my "radar" for these types.
Interesting. There are 2 witnesses here @ SB that have received prophetic gifts. Both witnesses seem to be aware these prophetic gifts are not in the Biblical sense as in the OT - not for the world, as I wrote, but for an individual (or couple, as in JenFred's case).

BTW, in my case, my doctor received another unsolicited message regarding his missionary work in Haiti. So, that is 3 such prophets who are coming out on the record.

We live in interesting times, my friend.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:35 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 32,853 Times in 8,539 Posts

Quote:
In another thread, a poster supposed priests are prophets in a sense. I never heard that but want to know if you believe their are modern day prophets.
I stay away from Prophets, Fortune Tellers, Psychics, Mediums, etc. I do believe they have gifts....but their gifts are not gifts from God Almighty.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Plays best, alone

Thanked 5,123 Times in 2,374 Posts

I think it's pretty clear here,

Acts 2:16-18 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Palma For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 1,872 Times in 919 Posts

Priests, preachers, elders and etc are not prophets. I don't know if there are any out there or not. But if there are, they will be loners, seeking God, living a very tough lifestyle, and snubbing their nose at organized religion and its money.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,873 Times in 3,257 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,329 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
I think it's pretty clear here,

Acts 2:16-18 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17"'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

Very good Palma, this scripture was coming to mind for me also. There will be and are modern day PREACHERS with Spiritual Gifts to be used to further God's Kingdom and warn of errant ways. As many have said, NOTHING will contradict what God has already revealed. Men have to be very careful when speaking for God, and too, be willing to pronounce these Truth's regardless of the repercussions. (Might get swallowed up by a fish or even killed on the spot).
I remember a story about an evangelist, Arthur Blessitt, was ministering in CA. He carried a large wooden cross around the world, preaching. He had a couple of ex hells angels (now saved) walking along as bodyguards, when he looked down the street and saw someone yelling at him and running at them with a knife (some weapon) threatening to kill. He felt God telling him to surrender. He looked back at the guards and told them to stand still. He knelt under his cross as the guy closed in, praying, and said he was worried he might die. Arthur said as he knelt, he hears the guy sobbing and saw him kneeling with Arthur and was able to lead him to the Lord.
IMHO, God will use prophecy in the last days, just as before. And, as before, people will "Hear" or not!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,015 Times in 5,638 Posts

Obedience is better than sacrifice.
If you know the voice of the Holy Spirit in your life ,and you are instructed to speak,, obey to the thing you are instructed to say, and no more no less.
Jesus said that we will be held accountable even for idle conversation. How much more for false prophets deceiving them selves and others. Revelation has some stern warning.
If idle conversation is held with great regard by God then singing too should be regarded with similar respect.
Truth matters with God and there are no liars in heaven . Jesus said satan is a liar and the father of it .
Sometimes in song we are tempted to sing things that are not actually true in our life, this not ought not to be. What comes out of your mouth should be as honest as God .
If you believe He is aware off all you say and do your life style should reflect that.
Your desire to please Him should reflect that.
Jesus Lordship and the Holy Spirit are your guide in God's will .
Heavenly Father knows your heart and desire to know and please Him . the more you need of Him the more license He has to intervene in your life.
Some men only turn to God when the problem is insurmountable by them selves , however how do you know His voice if you don't know it when things are not under stress ?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding , and in all thy way acknowledge Him and He will direct thy path.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2019, 01:51 PM

The Church I grew up in certainly had individuals that gave very accurate prophecies about future events,, and sometimes gave "warning" type prophecies, spooked me at times. Were just normal people who, generally while in worship, would speak what they thought the spirit of God was saying to them. Was very regulated by the pastoral staff, if somebody was found to be giving false prophecies/making stuff up/trolling, they would never be allowed to speak out again. To be fair the legit ones would often anger the pastoral staff with their messages, but I suppose that was the point,lol. Never saw them say anything unbiblical.

Does that mean they held the office of the prophet like in the OT? Idk, but they are one of the reasons I stayed a believer as I grew up.

The idiots I see passing themselves as "prophets" for a living, well, pretty sure they're just profits.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acadian For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 11:28 AM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,315 Times in 23,859 Posts

Quote:
In another thread, a poster supposed priests are prophets in a sense. I never heard that but want to know if you believe their are modern day prophets. I believe KIM CLEMENT is one legitimate example.

KIM CLEMENT PROPHECY - SUPREME COURT, DRAIN THE SWAMP - YouTube
I have met Kim Clement twice, he was good friends with an uncle of my wife who pastor's a large Church here in Ohio. He passed a couple of years ago. He worked with a group of men who are considered to be prophets. They had a website site called the Elisha List. Still up I believe.

Over the years I have been blown away with countless prophecies that have been dead-on correct.

He also predicted Katrina and a bunch of other national and international events. Even the "hanging chads" in the Florida election with Bush and Gore.

Hate them, love them, skeptical of them...but you can't help but be impressed with their amazing record of predictions.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Just do a search on "Kim Clement false prophet" and you will find lots of websites that document prophecies of his that never came to pass. I don't think there is any question that he was a false prophet.

-ws
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windexsunday For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 06:30 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,315 Times in 23,859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windexsunday View Post
Just do a search on "Kim Clement false prophet" and you will find lots of websites that document prophecies of his that never came to pass. I don't think there is any question that he was a false prophet.

-ws
And Google anyone with a church of more than 300-400 people and you will find bad stuff. Google any Church, Pastor etc.

Google "Why Jesus wasn't the Messiah" and you will find lots of websites that document stuff.

Yep, google has it all
Old 07-07-2019, 07:59 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,540 Posts

Just a thought, how many wrong or failed prophecies does a prophet need to be a false prophet?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:10 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 35,849 Times in 14,165 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Just a thought, how many wrong or failed prophecies does a prophet need to be a false prophet?
One

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 08:35 PM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 22,391 Times in 8,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
I have met Kim Clement twice, he was good friends with an uncle of my wife who pastor's a large Church here in Ohio. He passed a couple of years ago. He worked with a group of men who are considered to be prophets. They had a website site called the Elisha List. Still up I believe.

Over the years I have been blown away with countless prophecies that have been dead-on correct.

He also predicted Katrina and a bunch of other national and international events. Even the "hanging chads" in the Florida election with Bush and Gore.

Hate them, love them, skeptical of them...but you can't help but be impressed with their amazing record of predictions.
Can you point to anyone of his that was predicted before an event and could only be interrupted for that single event? I have looked at his stuff in the past and unless I am missing something, all of them, on a long enough time scale, could eventually be linked to an event and go, haha, see,it came true.

The problem is that most prophecies do not give any kind of time frame. So eventually they could come true. This isnt just for Kim Clement but any prophets.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durban
The Following User Says Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,702 Times in 607 Posts

Quote:
But, who decides how many? A false prophet is one you don't believe in. But maybe each number reinforces the belief?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,331 Times in 9,853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windexsunday View Post