Advertise Here

Old 06-29-2019, 03:15 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,246 Times in 3,046 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
What exactly are you correcting????
You using the "no one knows the day or hour" verse wrong.
Read what I wrote!
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2019, 03:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 5,755 Times in 1,807 Posts

No, same deal the return of Jesus
If it is refering to Heaven and earth passing away, how would anyone be around to meet Jesus when he returns????? Commom sense is everything. After Jesus returns, the earth will pass away and be remade

It is all in Matthew 24:36 et seq

36No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark.……39And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day on which your Lord will come.…
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2019, 03:41 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,246 Times in 3,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
No, same deal the return of Jesus

It is all in Matthew 24:36 et seq

36No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark.……39And they were oblivious, until the flood came and swept them all away. So will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.
The SUBJECT of verse 36 is verse 35.

His return will be like a thief in the night!

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a rousing cry, with a call from one of the ruling angels, and with God’s shofar; those who died united with the Messiah will be the first to rise; 17 then we who are left still alive will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. 18 So encourage each other with these words.

1 Thessalonians 5:But you have no need to have anything written to you, brothers, about the times and dates when this will happen; 2 because you yourselves well know that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people are saying, “Everything is so peaceful and secure,” then destruction will suddenly come upon them, the way labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and there is no way they will escape.

4 But you, brothers, are not in the dark, so that the Day should take you by surprise like a thief; 5 for you are all people who belong to the light, who belong to the day. We don’t belong to the night or to darkness, 6 so let’s not be asleep, like the rest are; on the contrary, let us stay alert and sober.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2019, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 5,755 Times in 1,807 Posts

It seems that with one exception, that we have all come to an understanding to agree to disagree but not get down in the dirt.
There is folly in trying to chage minds with large fonts, not me, and invective, which I and others have been guilty of. It seems there is a movement to more productive and respectful dialogue.
I have been convicted of my overly strident arguments.
I really have no beef with any Bible based denomination that has core beliefs that lead to Salvation.
That is the whole point.
Other particular denominational attributes no longer concern me
Let's all get to Heaven, and in the interim act in respect and in love as Jesus would have us do.
I, and others, were kicking the pricks/goads
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 01:33 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 51,941 Times in 18,070 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Some may consider me an "anti-Semite." That's okay. I'm so used being mislabeled by the Marixsts and Leftists that I wouldn't feel right if I wasn't taking darts from someone - somewhere.

This is what I AM: I am anti-Antichrist. I am opposed to anyone and everyone who opposes my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Christ, Himself, stood toe to toe with the Pharisees (religious Jews) and called them "children of your father the devil." He also called them "a den of vipers." He also specifically told them that anyone who denies the Son will NOT enter into eternal salvation in Heaven. If THAT isn't "anti-Semitic" speech then nothing is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,905 Times in 3,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
Ahhh, Saint John Chrysostom, the original anti-Semite...
Nope, not an anti-Semite, but a defender of Christianity against the Jews who were a powerful anti-Christian force in the Roman Empire in the 4th century and their Judaizer allies inside the Church.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post: