Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
America is under attack by an evil ideology Caseyboy General Discussion 163 12-08-2017 08:53 AM
America a Christian Nation? Ian Treloar Religious Discussion 144 03-29-2017 09:55 PM
President Trump Needs Your Support - Join ACT FOR AMERICA Now! Batko10 Political News and Discussion 4 01-30-2017 07:42 PM
It's done. (Trump is done) Crixus Political News and Discussion 1318 11-10-2016 10:21 AM

Old 03-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,695 Times in 930 Posts
Default Learn about Orthodoxy in America

Advertise Here

I will let the experts talk on this. For whoever is interested.

Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2019, 08:07 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,377 Times in 23,876 Posts

I enjoyed the 2nd video, the conversation between Chris and Matt was very good, sounded like many that have happened here on SB.

Great disagreement but very civil...
Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM
Target Shooter

I hope Orthodoxy becomes popular. It would be good for them to set the trends for religion in the US.
The Following User Says Thank You to bustr For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,883 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustr View Post
I hope Orthodoxy becomes popular. It would be good for them to set the trends for religion in the US.
The Eastern Orthodox Church does not strive to become "popular" or a "trend setter." That's the mentality of myriad Protestant sects that have twisted Christianity to fit in with the modern trends and draw people in by changing with the times.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:34 AM
Hunter

African American finds the Orthodox Church

True race reconciliation (in America) through the True Church of Jesus Christ.

Black African (Ethiopians) are one of the earliest Christians. They were Christians way way before Christianity reached Europe.
Orthodox Church is universal; there's no differentiation from Greek, Russian, Serbian, Ethiopian etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:38 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
The Eastern Orthodox Church does not strive to become "popular" or a "trend setter." That's the mentality of myriad Protestant sects that have twisted Christianity to fit in with the modern trends and draw people in by changing with the times.
I've noticed that. That is why many people are limited to going to other less dignified churches with contemporary worship, prosperity gospel preaching, hellfire and brimstone and Christian zionism. There are two Orthodox Churches between Houston and New Orleans and one of those is well off the I10 corridor. That is a lot of people who might flock to the EO if it had more of a presence and it would be good for the rest of Christianity if they learned to act like grown ups the way that the EO does. Right now contemporary worship is the trend. An expansion of Eastern Orthodoxy might be and antidote to that nonsense.
The Following User Says Thank You to bustr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 AM
Hunter

Jordan Peterson - Thoughts On Orthodox Christianity

Old 03-14-2019, 08:51 AM
Hunter

Celtic Orthodox Church Documentary

Old 03-14-2019, 08:54 AM
Hunter

Orthodox Church rebuilding monasteries in France

Old 03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
Which of the myriad of churches does the Orthodox look like found in the book of Revelation? Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea?

How are they directly connected to the modern day Orthodox Church which as no mention in scripture?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 AM
Hunter

Miraculous Emergence: Orthodoxy in America

Old 03-14-2019, 09:07 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustr View Post
I've noticed that. That is why many people are limited to going to other less dignified churches with contemporary worship, prosperity gospel preaching, hellfire and brimstone and Christian zionism. There are two Orthodox Churches between Houston and New Orleans and one of those is well off the I10 corridor. That is a lot of people who might flock to the EO if it had more of a presence and it would be good for the rest of Christianity if they learned to act like grown ups the way that the EO does. Right now contemporary worship is the trend. An expansion of Eastern Orthodoxy might be and antidote to that nonsense.
Here's a thought for you. What would be the result if suddenly there was a huge influx of people desiring to become Orthodox Christians and the numbers of converts started to outnumber the numbers of those born into the Faith?

Despite the fact that a person must go through a certain period of study before being baptized and accepted into the Orthodox Church, he/she still has remnants of their old thoughts/customs and needs time to become assimilated into the Church. An extended period of attending Divine Liturgy regularly and interacting with fellow Orthodox Christians at various Church functions is necessary for the convert to truly become Orthodox. A sudden deluge of converts would negate that natural process.

A comparison with our country's immigration policy might be helpful to convey my point. We want immigrants to our country who come to the United States with the intent on becoming Americans and learning and adopting our customs, history, and values. We do NOT want immigrants coming here who do not want to adapt and would prefer to change America to their values and customs. Immigration needs to be controlled in order for immigrants to assimilate into our culture.

My point is that the numbers game is not only meaningless, but potentially destructive to the Orthodox Church. Instead of 100 "trendy" converts, I prefer one true convert who genuinely believes in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church and totally accepts its teachings and beliefs.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
Which of the myriad of churches does the Orthodox look like found in the book of Revelation? Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicea?

How are they directly connected to the modern day Orthodox Church which as no mention in scripture?
All original churches (and all were one) shared the belief and practice of the Holy Eucharist ... the real Body & Blood of Jesus Christ. They are all from the Holy Spirit, and not from the spirit of this world. In time they acquired parts of the spirit of the world in certain of their practices but less in their beliefs. Practices can be restored.

To include notes from the Book of Revelation in your attempt to divide the Church of Jesus Christ (The Orthodox Church) is pathetic since Revelations book is highly metaphorical. I hope you recognize that and apologize for it. It is not so Christian of you.

Rather let it that you share the joy of the adoption of Orthodoxy in America and in the West as a great positive force and not a negative one. Protestantism had its chance to stabilize the religious thought in the West and it failed miserably. Let the Orthodox Faith the chance to do just that with the power of the Holy Spirit permeating the american soul. God bless the West and reunite with the East.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 09:19 AM
Survivor

Quote:

The Eastern Orthodox Church traces its origins back 2000 years ago to Jesus and the Apostles and the bishops appointed by them (who then appointed future bishops in Apostolic succession).

Protestant Churches can trace their origins back 500 years ago to Martin Luther and the sects created by his reformation.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:21 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post

To include notes from the Book of Revelation in your attempt to divide the Church of Jesus Christ (The Orthodox Church) is pathetic since Revelations book is highly metaphorical. I hope you recognize that and apologize for it. It is not so Christian of you.
(Just to make sure I'm clear on this) Are you saying the early Churches mentioned in God's word (Revelation) are just metaphorical? They never really existed at all?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 AM
Hunter

Probably because of Internet many nations start their journey toward Orthodoxy.

In this case Turkey (mainly Muslim country):

Old 03-14-2019, 09:32 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
=Batko10;19405222]The Eastern Orthodox Church traces its origins back 2000 years ago to Jesus and the Apostles and the bishops appointed by them (who then appointed future bishops in Apostolic succession).
But how are they directly related to the early "Churches" found in God's word?

Quote:
Protestant Churches can trace their origins back 500 years ago to Martin Luther and the sects created by his reformation.
I trace my personal pedigree to Christ, not Luther. I have no command, no scripture, no hint that claimed church history has any value.

What we have is a myriad of religious organizations making claims they were the 1st or can somehow trace their roots back to the Apostles. Even if they somehow could prove this (which none can), why would that have any spiritual significates?

Clearly, we stand alone on judgment day and according to Jesus in (Matthew 25) he never mentions "Church affiliation or membership) rather

His focus is here" Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Where is God's concern over church membership?...help me see your point
Old 03-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Hunter

Orthodox Christian Jesus Prayer Chant in English

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner. Repeat this prayer unceasingly."

Prayer helper...
Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 AM
Hunter

Quote:
(Just to make sure I'm clear on this) Are you saying the early Churches mentioned in God's word (Revelation) are just metaphorical? They never really existed at all?
They still exist today. But what you are trying to do is saying there were and still are more than one Church of Jesus in this world. There is only one, and it was the same one from the beginning (Pentecost). Open your eyes.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Hunter

Quote:
What we have is a myriad of religious organizations making claims they were the 1st or can somehow trace their roots back to the Apostles. Even if they somehow could prove this (which none can), why would that have any spiritual significates?
Because if you are NOT in the correct Church of Jesus Christ, you are lost and do not even know it.

The correct teachings come from the original uninterrupted correct (Ortho-dox - Correct-Doxology) Church of Jesus Christ. How do you know what you have to do as a Christian? By talking with His Church. Good news, Orthodoxy is in America more today than in the past, so you have the chance to meet it.