Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,335 Times in 9,854 Posts
Default NFL QT baptized in Jordan River

Advertise Here

It is stories like this that bring more people to look into Christianity more than many folks witnessing one on one.NFL quarterback gets baptized in Jordan River during 'life-changing' first trip to Israel

It's great that this is the headline than go Islamists or some kind of glorifying deviant behavior, etc.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,684 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
It is stories like this that bring more people to look into Christianity more than many folks witnessing one on one.NFL quarterback gets baptized in Jordan River during 'life-changing' first trip to Israel

It's great that this is the headline than go Islamists or some kind of glorifying deviant behavior, etc.
Good thing.

At least he did not changed his Christian name into a Muslim name like other athletes that I know of.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 01:13 PM

Lew Alcindor
Cassius Clay
Dwight Braxton

Tim Tebow is an excellent example of a good athlete demeaned by MSM because of his unabashed Christian faith. Meanwhile, deviants like Colin Kaepernick are treated like heroes and their on field failure is dismissed as being politically motivated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,034 Posts

Not to defend Kaepernick but a veteran is the one who said to take a knee when all that crap storm started (Army Green Beret Nate Boyer). Why hasn't anyone bashed this guy?!
Old 07-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEPOE View Post
Not to defend Kaepernick but a veteran is the one who said to take a knee when all that crap storm started (Army Green Beret Nate Boyer). Why hasn't anyone bashed this guy?!
Ever heard of Adam?

It is called "Adam's Sin" even though he got bad advice from Eve. Losers blame someone else for their bad decisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,708 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Ever heard of Adam?

It is called "Adam's Sin" even though he got bad advice from Eve. Losers blame someone else for their bad decisions.
Adam blamed Eve, and Eve blamed the serpent. Who did the serpent blame?

I'm curious to know, did the waters so close to the Holy land make his baptism better than if he'd done it in the Hudson river? I imagine the event would have never made it to press.

So, is it good press for the Christian people?
The Following User Says Thank You to ebjr1967 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,636 Posts

Quote:
Iíve bashed every one of those malcontents. Screw every last one of those spoiled and pampered ****nutz.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alaskajohn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Say NO to Trump Flag Laws

Thanked 51,702 Times in 18,005 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard is a "veteran" too but that doesn't make her a good person. I've never heard the name, Nate Boyer, so he must not have gotten too much national attention. Had he gotten the same attention as that traitor, Kaepernick, then I would have been just as vocal about his un-American actions as I was about CrappyNick's.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Say NO to Trump Flag Laws

Thanked 51,702 Times in 18,005 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjr1967 View Post
Adam blamed Eve, and Eve blamed the serpent. Who did the serpent blame?

I'm curious to know, did the waters so close to the Holy land make his baptism better than if he'd done it in the Hudson river? I imagine the event would have never made it to press.

So, is it good press for the Christian people?
I sometimes wonder if people do things because they're moved by the Holy Spirit or because they want to impress a lot of people. I'm not saying that the quarterback went all the way to Israel & the Jordan just to make a national "splash" (pun intended) but, like you said, he would have been just as justified had he been baptized in a creek in the middle of Kansas or in a plastic swimming pool in Oklahoma. It's not the "where" that matters ... it's the why!
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,979 Times in 691 Posts

Wilson has had a testimony of being a Christian since he was a teenager. I would suppose he was baptized in a church service here in America back then. The article kind of made it look like his life changing experience was finding Christ while in Israel and being baptized.

These organizations and other tours make it a point to stop by the River Jordan and offer baptism to their participants. I have made two trips to Israel and saw people being baptized in the Jordan.

It doesn't mean you are any cleaner or more saved. Its just an experience some people want; to be baptized in the same river Christ was.

BTW I doubt if anyone knows exactly where Christ was baptized. Scripture says John was baptizing in Bethabara which is about 12 miles north of Jericho. So probably around there someplace.
On my two trips we stopped at a place much further north. And when visiting the headwaters of the Jordan up in Dan, we were told that people even are baptized there.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,708 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I sometimes wonder if people do things because they're moved by the Holy Spirit or because they want to impress a lot of people. I'm not saying that the quarterback went all the way to Israel & the Jordan just to make a national "splash" (pun intended) but, like you said, he would have been just as justified had he been baptized in a creek in the middle of Kansas or in a plastic swimming pool in Oklahoma. It's not the "where" that matters ... it's the why!
Precisely. Many miss the point of the teachings and continue to do the rituals, ceremonies, etc. BTW, in Greek, the definition of sin is to "miss the mark", or to miss the point.

A good example of this is a revolving door. When you go through a turnstile, the goal is to come out the other side, not to keep going round and round in circles. Many keep going around when it comes to religion. All religions have those who are stuck on the wheel. Unfortunately, they are the loudest.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebjr1967 For This Useful Post: