Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why did God create you, what is your mission in this life? OhioMan Religious Discussion 209 05-04-2018 04:49 PM
Salvation and redemption tortminder Religious Discussion 2 10-26-2016 07:55 PM

Old 06-30-2019, 06:38 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 12,647 Times in 4,128 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Why is this so important to you? I'll tell you why. You are an insufferable proselytizer.

Aww crap. I owe myself 10 bucks. I bet myself that he wouldn't answer and just go ad hominem. Again.

I was right.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,334 Times in 9,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet Maker View Post
You just don't get it, do you.
There you go again! I just answered this in post #1087. And you are asking me to answer what I just answered.
Poster: I am X for reason Y.
CM: Why are you X?
Bless your heart. You don't get it! You think I am taking Scripture out of context. I think YOU are taking Scripture out of context to rationalize your religious beliefs. Again see A Mark of Confidence & Intelligence and Was Rahab's Lie wrong?

Quote:
All I've ever wanted from you was a simple declaration of fact. And I won't put it in the form of a question.

Either say, for whatever reason you want or don't even give a reason, that you don't accept the Bible as the true, inspired Word of God, worthy of belief of all parts (no matter how we all tend to mangle interpretations), or you do.
And I've answered this OVER and OVER again. If post #1087 is not crystal clear to you then you are lost, too dense and obtuse to continue dialogue!

You are asking a true or false question to a multiple choice problem. I am a unitarian-universalist. We have doctrinal differences. Accept it and move on - whether I can give you all you ever wanted or not! My answer is just not to your liking. (No surprise there because you are an insufferable proselytizer). Just dust off your feet, leave me alone. Move along.

"Who are you?" they asked Jesus. Jesus answered, "I am exactly who I told you at the beginning.
John 8:25 (CEV)
Old 06-30-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Aww crap. I owe myself 10 bucks. I bet myself that he wouldn't answer and just go ad hominem. Again.

I was right.
And you were wrong.

Quote:
You are asking a true or false question to a multiple choice problem.
Not sure why you conclude being a proselytizer is ad homenim.

Fact is, I did answer. That is why you are also wrong. You do not consider my answer an answer because it is not an answer you like.

NOTE: You did not answer my question. Why is this - my answer to this point of Scripture - so important to you?

What part of post #1087 do you not understand?
Old 06-30-2019, 06:47 PM
Target Shooter

Default Salvation

Salvation is a requirement that makes you a fit subject to join my church.

We require you to be able to relate your personal experience wherein you prayed until God saved you.

We call it an experimental knowledge of salvation.

Old Time Baptist
Old 06-30-2019, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
There you go again! I just answered this in post #1087. And you are asking me to answer what I just answered.
Poster: I am X for reason Y.
CM: Why are you X?
Bless your heart. You don't get it! You think I am taking Scripture out of context. I think YOU are taking Scripture out of context to rationalize your religious beliefs. Again see A Mark of Confidence & Intelligence and Was Rahab's Lie wrong?

And I've answered this OVER and OVER again. If post #1087 is not crystal clear to you then you are lost, too dense and obtuse to continue dialogue!

You are asking a true or false question to a multiple choice problem. I am a unitarian-universalist. We have doctrinal differences. Accept it and move on - whether I can give you all you ever wanted or not! My answer is just not to your liking. (No surprise there because you are an insufferable proselytizer). Just dust off your feet, leave me alone. Move along.

"Who are you?" they asked Jesus. Jesus answered, "I am exactly who I told you at the beginning.
John 8:25 (CEV)

Well darn, I almost have to give my money back.

So the answer to my question is a solid Yea! The entire Bible is a suggestion. YOU get to decide what is the Truth of God. YOU get to quote Scriptures when convenient. And since the Book is not inerrant, you get to cobble together bits and pieces to back up your conclusions.

Got it.

And for what it's worth, thanks for the explanation. We now know where you are coming from.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
So the answer to my question is a solid Yea!
It's very telling that you felt the need to paraphrase my answer to your way of thinking.

Quote:
And for what it's worth, thanks for the explanation.
You can show me your gratitude by answering my question now.

Quote:
NOTE: You did not answer my question. Why is this - my answer to this point of Scripture - so important to you?
Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Why is this - my answer to this point of Scripture - so important to you?
To quote from you, I've answered that many times also.

Scripture to me, and AFAIK all Christians, is simply sacrosanct. The Truth of God, the Truth of Jesus. The Book simply gives us the information to keep the knowledge of God as He wants us to live by. Without it, how would we truly KNOW that our understanding of Him is correct? Long gone are the days where we sat around the fire listening to the stories passed on by our elders, or having to memorize verbatim long histories of our ancestors. Think of that old game of Telephone with billions of people in line.
The Bible was assembled and codified precisely to combat such a scenario and to provide reference to the facts of Jesus' Life, Death and Resurrection. To explain why He came, what He expects from us, and caps it off with definitive proof of His Provenance.

So I am really picky when folks use some Scriptures as reinforcement for their belief system, often using them as attacks on other's faith, but refuse to acknowledge other Scripture that may NOT bolster their position.

I have a SIL who drives me bat poop crazy because she has also manufactured a "God" out of the feel-good, everything is beautiful, mindset. In her defense , she was never exposed to the Bible, or any faith for that matter. A super nice, loving person in every way. Supports every liberal cause, got an on-line certificate allowing her to officiate "weddings", same sex is as good as hetero. So trying to have a conversation about God is useless because we just don't work from the same framework. And without that common frame of reference, I might as well be speaking Sanskrit. To top it off, since she is so convinced of God's across the board acceptance of anything (as long as it's done for "Love"), showing her Scripture that goes against that would simply be ignored.

I hope this explains my apparent obsession with maintaining the importance of All Scripture, not just some. Are there discrepancies, of course. But I'm firmly convinced that the Message that Jesus came to convey and His clear explanation of what we must actually DO to enter that narrow gate is unassailable. Pulling out individual verses that seem to contradict something else and using that as a blanket reason to lower the value, and by extension the inspired Infallability of the Bible, leads precisely to the morass of interpretations we have now.

Good golly, we have a morass just among those who DO accept all Scripture. Do you think that ignoring some Scripture somehow is better?

We simply all cannot be right, but at least starting with the expectation of the inspired aspect of ALL Scripture, we have the framework.

I sincerely hope this explains my thoughts. God Bless!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
So I am really picky when folks use some Scriptures as reinforcement for their belief system, often using them as attacks on other's faith, but refuse to acknowledge other Scripture that may NOT bolster their position.
You realize you can only be picky about your own word choice, including what Scriptures you rely on, right?

Just last night I read Ecclesiastes about God Making straight roads crooked and crooked roads straight. I then used that in a post today about LGBT.

I did not cross reference this verse to all other possible verses in the entire Holy Bible. In fact I hardly ever give a comprehensive answer on any subject and certainly not in online posts.

Quote:
I sincerely hope this explains my thoughts. God Bless!
Do you consider yourself a proselytizer? Is so, yes.