Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,669 Times in 8,944 Posts

Advertise Here

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Jesus.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Prepared

Not sure how I have offended Christ. I've consistently said He is God. He is Savior. He is my Life. I don't find it my business to destroy others who aren't there yet. I've been in too many churches that beat people up for their weaker beliefs and faith....and those people leave the church and leave God, because people destroyed them. For being sinners....which we all are.

I'm strong in my beliefs about God, and strong in declaring them and calling out unbelief. I've lost friends when I have stood up for the truth, and as much as I've hated it, I'll do it again when needed. But durn, I don't relish beating a dead horse. The Scriptures are there, the arguments are there, the Truth is there....my prayer always is that the Lord will open hearts to Him, to His truths. *I* cannot open a person's heart toward God, and neither can you. Only God can do that work. I've said that I disagree, we've all stated our whys, but any further is the work of the Holy Spirit....and He can do HIS work so much better than I can.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,348 Times in 9,864 Posts

I'm reading Confessions by Saint Augustine. One of my all-time favorite Christian quotes:

God, grant me chastity - but not yet!
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978

Ohioman & all protestants do you have anything to say about this or you are OK with this as well? Is Peter your kind of Christian, or any kind of Christian? This is not about judgement but pure logic... please share your thoughts on this...
No, it's about pure judgmentalism.

For some reason, you see yourself in the seat of judgment but convict yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFred View Post
What it seems is that you are calling on us to join in on publicly stoning Peter, and I'm not about to do so. I don't see how doing so will make MY beliefs stronger or better...
The orthodrones MO; religious freedom in theory, public stoning all dissenters of EOC in practice. There is not one thread where they do not go on the attack against any and all statements that are not EOC compliant. It's AS IF every religious thread is "Learning About Orthodoxy."

Their theoretical understanding of the theology contradicts their hateful practice of it. See Romans 14:1 & 14:13.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,883 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote:
...What it seems is that you are calling on us to join in on publicly stoning Peter, and I'm not about to do so. I don't see how doing so will make MY beliefs stronger or better...
No one is calling on you to "stone Peter." It's a simple question. Given his denial of Christ's divinity and his agreement with everything Tolstoy wrote denying the virigin birth, Holy Trinity, Holy Sacraments, etc., DO YOU CONSIDER PETER A CHRISTIAN? DO YOU CONSIDER TOLSTOY A CHRISTIAN WRITER?
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Prepared

I have a few quotes that I put in the front of my prayer journal...to see and read over for my right now.

"Our brokenness will produce a sound of worship that our victories never could." John Dowdey

"My soul is crushed with grief...stay here and watch with Me." Jesus, Mark 14:34

The last year has been one that has brought great healing, but the 2.5 yrs prior were full of crushing brokenness. And I HAVE found that out of my *dust of brokenness, that my worship is altogether different. It has been an act of sacrifice at times, and an act of war at times, and worshipping God has been my healing and my life during these years. My new song (Psalm 40:1-3) could've NEVER come without me being destroyed completely....and built back up by God.

And then Jesus, in His distress, grief, and brokenness....just asked His friends to stay with Him, to watch with Him, to pray....and they failed to do so. And I've experienced that failure by people who I thought I was close with during my grief. It's a reminder to me...to sit with those who grieve and mourn...to just sit and watch. To pray with and for and esp over them. If 1-2 people had just come over, sat with me, and prayed aloud over me....it would've made everything easier to handle. To KNOW that another was doing battle for me....instead of being alone in my worst time. It forever changes how I see others in their hurting. (Last night, at Bible study, a woman's children were prayed for....battled for....and she became tears, because of how good it was to have another helping her fight!)

*dust of brokenness is an idea from Lysa Terkeurst
The Following User Says Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,686 Times in 927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
No, it's about pure judgmentalism.

For some reason, you see yourself in the seat of judgment but convict yourself.

The orthodrones MO; religious freedom in theory, public stoning all dissenters of EOC in practice. There is not one thread where they do not go on the attack against any and all statements that are not EOC compliant. It's AS IF every religious thread is "Learning About Orthodoxy."

Their theoretical understanding of the theology contradicts their hateful practice of it. See Romans 14:1 & 14:13.
I see you avoid simple questions:

In all sincerity if you consider as per the quote above all these critical points not only to Christianity but Faith itself in God of the Bible, even that Adam did not existed and you deny that Jesus was born from a virgin and that he has the power to redeem the human race, then HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CONSIDER YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN? Honest question.

If you consider the greatest blasphemy is to believe Jesus is God and to pray to Him, what was all the quotes from the Bible and the things you said pro-Christianity?
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Prepared

And look, after what I have walked through, I will not join y'all in screaming and yelling and making your points. I have zero desire for that. I have told Peter what I believe and I have disagreed with him. Beyond that, it's an issue for God to work as He will. I don't see how yelling, "non-christian," at someone brings so much pleasure...to me, it tastes disgusting. And it NEVER brings one TO CHRIST.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
No one is calling on you to "stone Peter." It's a simple question.
Orthodrones don't answer simple questions.

1. Do you love PeterEnergy?
2. Who do you identify with in the parable of the prayers between the Pharisee & tax collector?
3. Why do you defy the Word of God in ignoring Romans 14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
DO YOU CONSIDER PETER A CHRISTIAN?
I don't care what you think of me. You don't seem to get that.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Hunter

It is hard to give up what we are accustomed to, but harder to go contrary to our own will. But if thou overcome not little and easy things, how wilt thou surmount greater difficulties?

Imitation of Christ
The Following User Says Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:14 PM
Prepared

I like that, Trogshak. I'm pretty sure that book is one my daughter reads this coming year for her world history/Bible/literature class (yes, all 3 rolled into one). I'm gonna need to "borrow" it from her!
The Following User Says Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 01:32 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 35,849 Times in 14,165 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Hunter

Quote:
I like that, Trogshak. I'm pretty sure that book is one my daughter reads this coming year for her world history/Bible/literature class (yes, all 3 rolled into one). I'm gonna need to "borrow" it from her!
The Imitation of Christ is divided into four Books/sections. The first three Books are suitable for all Christians and for the most part for non-Christians also. Because it was written by a Catholic monk, the fourth Book regarding the Eucharist is undoubtedly problematic for many low-church Christians.
I have received, I have received from Thy hand, the cross: I will bear it, and bear it even unto death, as Thou hast laid it upon me.

Imitation of Christ
The Following User Says Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestBeekeeper View Post
There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.
Most Excellent quote! Ecclesiastes 2:24

My favorite OT Book.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:16 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 35,849 Times in 14,165 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Most Excellent quote! Ecclesiastes 2:24

My favorite OT Book.
A book that needs to be quoted more frequently by Christians.

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,883 Times in 3,260 Posts

SAINT JOHN OF KRONSTADT

“Remember, that animals are called to life by God's mercy that they may enjoy their existence as much as they can during their short life. "The Lord is good to all." [247] Do not beat them, if they are unreasonable, or if they play tricks, or if any of your property is damaged by them. "Blessed is the man who is merciful to his beast.”

― St. John of Kronstadt, 1829-1908

The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:21 PM
This is a great survival forum

Poet John Donne. 'Holy Sonnet XIV'

Batter my heart, three-person'd God, for you
As yet but knock, breathe, shine, and seek to mend;
That I may rise and stand, o'erthrow me, and bend
Your force to break, blow, burn, and make me new.
I, like an usurp'd town to another due,
Labor to admit you, but oh, to no end;
Reason, your viceroy in me, me should defend,
But is captiv'd, and proves weak or untrue.
Yet dearly I love you, and would be lov'd fain,
But am betroth'd unto your enemy;
Divorce me, untie or break that knot again,
Take me to you, imprison me, for I,
Except you enthrall me, never shall be free,
Nor ever chaste, except you ravish me.