Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-12-2019, 11:06 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Thanked 3,484 Times in 1,484 Posts
Default ďWhatĒ is God?

Advertise Here

Have you ever pondered that? God refers to himself with male pronouns, but logically He has no actual gender. That verbiage is for our benefit. I think of whatever God turns out to be as more of an entity, an ďitĒ.

The best I can guess is He / it is some inexplicable supernatural energy.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 11:48 AM
rrrrribbitt

Could be male, f or all I know. Could be female. Could be everything mankind and un-mankind is. He created us all in His image. There is nothing He did not create. Humans, cats, fish, aliens on the planet Gork. He made all. If He created us in His image, I suspect that's why humans are all so different, to represent His everything-ness. Because He is everything. Even any un-human life forms that exist elsewhere.

What is God? He is 'I Am'. Ponder the meaning, when God told Moses 'I Am' when Moses asked what His name was, so Moses could tell the people His name. God replied 'Tell them 'I Am'.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 12:25 PM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Yes, the text says ďI amĒ, but that doesnít tell us anything. Itís a vague description of an entity that is incomprehensible to the mortal intellect.

I doubt He / it will permit us to ever fully comprehend its nature, (which an all powerful being could surely do). That boggles my mind. It also supports my notion that we will behave more like a collective than individuals with free will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 03:16 PM
rrrrribbitt

We can't know the sum of God, because He is God an we are not. We are mortals, living in a mortal world. God lives in eternity. While we can understand the definition of eternity we c an't fully comprehend it. I believe when we die we will ascend and gain full comprehension of eternity and many other mysteries.

If we live like a collective in heaven, it doesn't bother me on whit. Being in an eternity of love and peace with God and with everyone I have known and loved is enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Old Noob

Thanked 9,810 Times in 4,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
Yes, the text says “I am”, but that doesn’t tell us anything. It’s a vague description of an entity that is incomprehensible to the mortal intellect.

Actually, it tells you a great deal.

"I am" is active present tense. This means that God is fully in the present and is completely realized and at full potential. Its the ultimate expression of Being.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,061 Times in 19,655 Posts

Somewhere between

and

lies the Truth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,332 Times in 9,112 Posts

Does the Universe have a gender?
Old 09-12-2019, 03:57 PM
Old Noob

Thanked 9,810 Times in 4,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
Does the Universe have a gender?

They/Them..........
The Following User Says Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,332 Times in 9,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
They/Them..........
They/them/us.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 05:34 PM

IMHO.... The one true God is the Sum of all things. All life, all matter, all antimatter...
The Following User Says Thank You to stedeman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,650 Times in 18,612 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Have you ever pondered that? God refers to himself with male pronouns, but logically He has no actual gender. That verbiage is for our benefit. I think of whatever God turns out to be as more of an entity, an “it”.

The best I can guess is He / it is some inexplicable supernatural energy.

Jesus Christ is God and He was in male form while on earth. The Holy Spirit impregnated Mary (supernaturally) so He must be a He. The Father calls Himself a He. So I'm going to stick with -- God is a He.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 PM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Jesus Christ is God and He was in male form while on earth. The Holy Spirit impregnated Mary (supernaturally) so He must be a He. The Father calls Himself a He. So I'm going to stick with -- God is a He.
Sure, thatís the base level way of looking at it. I just prefer to think a bit more deeply, exercise the intellect I was given to try and reach a more satisfying comprehension.

Whatever ever God turns out to be, it put skin on, and took the male gender when itís second person came to earth as Jesus. Iím sure there was an intention behind that gender choice, but offhand, I canít think of a reason why the lamb couldnít havenít been a ewe.

While the anointed one was conceived supernaturally, I donít equate that as God being gender specific. He certainly doesnít have or need sperm.

Again, I think God dumbs it down in regards to whatever it actually is by referring to itself in male terms simply for our benefit. I donít say this with any less awe or reverence, it just makes logical sense within the intellectual limitations Iím shackled with.

Itís this thought pathway that leads me to believe it must be some kind of energy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
=Velvet Elvis;19771816]Sure, thatís the base level way of looking at it. I just prefer to think a bit more deeply, exercise the intellect I was given to try and reach a more satisfying comprehension.
That's fine but a "more satisfying comprehension" may not be the correct comprehension if it differs from the biblical definition. If the Bible is God-inspired and every biblical author referred to God as "He" then there must be a very good reason for it. Not one of the Old Testament or New Testament authors ever referred to God as "she" or "it."

Quote:
Whatever ever God turns out to be, it put skin on, and took the male gender when itís second person came to earth as Jesus. Iím sure there was an intention behind that gender choice, but offhand, I canít think of a reason why the lamb couldnít havenít been a ewe.
The only good reason I can think of is that the Bible always uses the male gender when referring to God. I'm certain that America's feminists would strongly disagree with me.

Quote:
While the anointed one was conceived supernaturally, I donít equate that as God being gender specific. He certainly doesnít have or need sperm.
I can't be certain that Christ didn't have "seed" but I am certain that He never shared it with anyone. He was the Lamb without blemish.

Quote:
Again, I think God dumbs it down in regards to whatever it actually is by referring to itself in male terms simply for our benefit. I donít say this with any less awe or reverence, it just makes logical sense within the intellectual limitations Iím shackled with.
I don't personally see it as a "dumbing down" as much as I do as it is the sharing of profound truth.

Quote:
Itís this thought pathway that leads me to believe it must be some kind of energy.
I fully agree that God has a vast amount of energy. It would take an unfathomable amount of energy to create a universe.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:19 PM
Target Shooter

Default What is God

"God is the word"

"The word was in the beginning"

When Moses asked God "Who shall I say sent me?", god replied "Thou shall say "I am hath sent me."

We are named after our lineage or after a revered person of thing but God is without beginning of days or end of days and there is not or ever has been a greater precedent in lineage or thing, there for "I am" or "I Exist" is all we need to know about God.

Any thing more is above our pay grade.
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 06:00 AM
GrowingFromScratch.com

Action J... I was referring to God the father in regards to not having seed in regards to the comment about the Christ's conception.

However, I have reconsidered a bit point. Christ was male gendered possibly to model the "head" concept. Males are to be the head of the household, Christ was the head of the church.

I want to make one thing clear. There are progressive leftists that have infiltrated the church. They are trying to desex God too by removing the male language from the scriptures. Their motives are far different, and I share nothing in common with them. God inspired the writers to refer to him as male, and I don't believe that should be edited. I simply think, we are in for a big surprise for the actuality of God when we finally meet him in whatever way he allows us.

The phrase..."oh..... that's not what I expected at all" is probably uttered a lot in that realm...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velvet Elvis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 07:38 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Action J... I was referring to God the father in regards to not having seed in regards to the comment about the Christ's conception.

However, I have reconsidered a bit point. Christ was male gendered possibly to model the "head" concept. Males are to be the head of the household, Christ was the head of the church.

I want to make one thing clear. There are progressive leftists that have infiltrated the church. They are trying to desex God too by removing the male language from the scriptures. Their motives are far different, and I share nothing in common with them. God inspired the writers to refer to him as male, and I don't believe that should be edited. I simply think, we are in for a big surprise for the actuality of God when we finally meet him in whatever way he allows us.

The phrase..."oh..... that's not what I expected at all" is probably uttered a lot in that realm...
"Females typically have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), and are called the homogametic sex. Males typically have two different kinds of sex chromosomes (XY), and are called the heterogametic sex."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_sex...ination_system

Males are complete while females are not. God is complete. So He is a Male. He knows Y (Why).
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:

I agree that God is greater than any of us know and that He shouldn't be corralled or molded into a box of our own making or understanding. I do see your vision for this thread.

The fact that God is uncreated and eternal and is more vast than the entire universe is a mind-boggling, incomprehensible thought. My little mind couldn't begin to describe such an all-encompassing Being.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,162 Times in 5,698 Posts

Jesus said i only do what my Heavenly Father tells me.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:31 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 1,491 Times in 696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post

Yesterday I read an opinion in our local newspaper. Unusual because most republicans write anonymously, that is they seem to have no landline. During our discussion which veered into religion, I asked him if he was a Christian since he believed in Trump and the NRA. He said that he was but didn't think there was evidence outside the Bible that he existed. He said regardless of that he chooses to believe in Jesus/God. Maybe people believe many different things about God because it makes them feel good. This fellow told me a story of a sign he got from God that absolutely proved God's existence, though at first he seemed unsure. I told him that there are many people who have had NDE's which prove to them that their version of God is the correct one. I have read NDE's of Mormons, Christians, Hindus and Muslims and in most cases people have been witnessed to by God
Old 09-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote:
Sure, thatís the base level way of looking at it. I just prefer to think a bit more deeply, exercise the intellect I was given to try and reach a more satisfying comprehension.

Exodus 12:5 Tree of Life Version (TLV)

Your lamb is to be without blemish, a year old male. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats.