Advertise Here

Old 08-14-2019, 03:55 PM
High Concept

Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,435 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
That is an amazing thought!
Yes, this is dwelling in the presence of the Lord, being faithful and attentive to His Presence.

" Be still and know that I am God "

And by proximity to that light we are changed as Moses was, it cannot but have an effect on you, like standing in the sun.

No progress is made in the spiritual life without drawing closer to the Lord. He is the source of all things and without Him all things wither.

The human will is out of sinc with the Divine Will, the human will makes us sin and suffer and chase every distraction. The human will is inconsistent and dangerous. If love is an act of will, how poor and weak is our love in the human will.
A soul operating in the Divine Will however shines brighter than the sun, it is animated by the same power that animates God and created the universe. Every act in the Divine Will creates worlds without end and gives endless Glory to God.

In the Divine Will you are not just close to the sun, you are standing in the sun radiating out " You are the Light of the world ".

" that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us"

One Will and One heart with One tempo. Only in the Divine Will can we achieve this oneness with The Father and The Son.

Drawing close is merely the beginning but it is our humble beginning, with unimaginable glory that awaits.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2019, 06:55 PM
High Concept

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

What is the Kingdom ?

" Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven "

It is the Kingdom of the Divine Will.

When we hand over our human will, we become like children, children learning to live in the Divine Will.

The human will is the tree in the middle of the garden, at the core of us. When we eat the fruit of that tree, we surely die.

That tree remains with God because we hand it over to Him, though the serpent tempts us to have an independent will like God, doing so comes at a terrible price. We are cast from the Eden of the Divine Will into the badlands of the human will.

Adam before the fall appropriated all he wanted, he merely reached out took the fruit off the trees of Eden.

Through Jesus we now can now appropriate what we want. Claim by desire the spiritual things that are eternal.

Let the world pursue the madness of the human will, but we have found the pearl of great price in the Divine Will, so we sell all else to obtain it.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,144 Times in 24,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rett View Post
“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

What is the Kingdom ?

" Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven "

It is the Kingdom of the Divine Will.

When we hand over our human will, we become like children, children learning to live in the Divine Will.

The human will is the tree in the middle of the garden, at the core of us. When we eat the fruit of that tree, we surely die.

That tree remains with God because we hand it over to Him, though the serpent tempts us to have an independent will like God, doing so comes at a terrible price. We are cast from the Eden of the Divine Will into the badlands of the human will.

Adam before the fall appropriated all he wanted, he merely reached out took the fruit off the trees of Eden.

Through Jesus we now can now appropriate what we want. Claim by desire the spiritual things that are eternal.

Let the world pursue the madness of the human will, but we have found the pearl of great price in the Divine Will, so we sell all else to obtain it.
WOW...that blew me away (highlighted) I had to read that like 4 times.

I have no idea if you write but you have a great gift and insights. The 'pearl of a great price'.....just wow! So well said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 09:04 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post

I have no idea if you write but you have a great gift and insights. The 'pearl of a great price'.....just wow! So well said.
What he wrote is part of the tenets of monasticism. Leaving ones will is the pre-requisite of monasticism.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,603 Times in 3,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post

"Rett" should cite his sources like the rest of us. Otherwise, we might think he is plagiarizing.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:56 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
"Rett" should cite his sources like the rest of us. Otherwise, we might think he is plagiarizing.
I wasn't sure, either way I'm just glad he posted it.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Hunter

"From the moment of tonsure, the life of a monk does not belong to him; it belongs to God and to His Holy Church (in the person of the community). A monk is voluntarily cut off from his own will, which steps back before the will of God and the will of the church supreme authorities (in the person of the father superior). The rejection of all that belongs to him in favour of things common is another manifestation of the fullness of the gospel’s ideal embodied in the monastic community."

https://mospat.ru/en/2010/11/19/news30796/

Importance of Monasticism for Orthodoxy Today – paper presented by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk at the round table of 4th International Theological Conference
Old 08-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,644 Times in 10,384 Posts

Quote:
My God you are so negative!
Old 08-15-2019, 12:47 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

There are medications for those voices you've been hearing... and do you have any firearms?
Old 08-15-2019, 02:12 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by America's Patriot View Post
There are medications for those voices you've been hearing... and do you have any firearms?
Hey AP...didn't know if you knew or not but this section (religious section) is for believers ONLY. It's the rules, you can read it at the top.

*****6/17/2015 UPDATE FROM FORUM ADMIN AND MODERATION GROUP******

Quote:
The religious section is now open only to believers.

Non-believers, atheist.... whatever...., are no longer allowed to post in this section. We are tired of the constant trolling and arguing. This section is for members who believe in a God/Goddess and want to discuss survival issues pertaining to their beliefs.

If you do not believe in a God/Goddess STAY OUT.

If you do believe in a God/Godess you are welcome to discuss your beliefs and related survival issues however, we do expect you to respect the beliefs of others in this section.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:04 PM
High Concept

Quote:
I don't plagiarise anything. I posted my own words and have shared what know from a prayer life I have lived.

Scripture teaches us these general principles and it is even in The Lord's Prayer., many saints of the past have spoken on it. It is in the traditional monastic prayer life, and of the desert Fathers.

We choose to follow our will or we choose the better part and appropriate God's Will.

After Jesus spoke to me by that Lady in the mall, I learned far more and was coached by Jesus. Each soul is different and only Jesus can guide anyone in the state they are in. This is something Jesus does we only can dispose ourselves to Him by being docile.

I found that when I was distracted from the Presence it preceded a fall from God's Will and I was then operating in my will. That's why I emphasise fixing your eyes on the Lord's Presence. A constant awareness of Jesus, is in fact a constant prayer of communion.

That constant awareness does not sleep, at night you continue in the Presence and many times I have woken in spontaneous prayer and praise. When you ask Jesus to work on your soul whilst you sleep, He will.

Our inner life is mystery to us, but not to Jesus, so give Jesus power of attorney each night to minister to your soul.

The human will is wild and disordered like wild horse or a screaming child with ADD, but if we allow the gentle hand of Jesus to touch and lead our soul we become docile and at peace. We can finally rest from the madness in His Presence.
Only in Jesus Presence do we find rest, it's a peace that no one can take away, but us. Don't scurry back to the human will, you will only return with fresh injuries and a dumb defeated look on your face.

Jesus will guide you to rest, when normally you think you should act and Jesus will cause you to act when you thought you should rest.
He is fitting you to carry out his work in His timing, He is testing the responsiveness of you as His hand. And that hand needs to be a good and faithful servant.

By your will, you are not fit to work, but if you are operating by His Will, He is doing the work. Allow Jesus to act through you, and speak through you, and you will see how far more effectively He carries out the work.

Jesus isn't a recruiting sergeant, promising that everything will be beer, sunshine and Hula girls if you join up.
There is suffering and in fact each day resembles Jesus life on earth, which brings with it acute sufferings but also exquisite joys. But it is an abundant life lived with the most ultimate purpose and adventure, you could not plan that life for yourself.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,337 Times in 9,115 Posts

Everyone communicates with the "Universal Consciousness" in their own way. There is no right or wrong way. If anyone seeks a more direct connection, I would suggest meditation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,644 Times in 10,384 Posts

Quote:
After Jesus spoke to me by that Lady in the mall, I learned far more and was coached by Jesus. Each soul is different and only Jesus can guide anyone in the state they are in. This is something Jesus does we only can dispose ourselves to Him by being docile.
Wow! Awesome!

The EOC do not have a connection to the living God like we do, stuck on traditional dogma like the Pharisees of old, they are. No love, only condemnation for those who do not submit to their proselytizing.

It is childish and divisive to be all about the the 4th word of the 26th verse of the 11th chapter of book X means when we've experienced a direct connection with the divine. Overwhelming heavenly love -v- man-made tradition/dogma. Not even close to the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 05:57 PM
High Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Wow! Awesome!

The EOC do not have a connection to the living God like we do, stuck on traditional dogma like the Pharisees of old, they are. No love, only condemnation for those who do not submit to their proselytizing.

It is childish and divisive to be all about the the 4th word of the 26th verse of the 11th chapter of book X means when we've experienced a direct connection with the divine. Overwhelming heavenly love -v- man-made tradition/dogma. Not even close to the same.
Without the tradition of Apostolic Fathers we would have no scripture or even an inkling of Divine revelation to criticise them with.

For my part I am only thankful for those traditions that transmitted the Word us.

The EOC does have the Apostolic succession through the laying of hands back to the Apostles. The Bible did not form in a vacuum, but together the eastern and western bishops handed down Divine revelation we have today.

"For it is right and meet thus to feel, and to maintain a good conscience toward the fathers, if we be not spurious children, but have received the traditions from them, and the lessons of religion at their hands.’ Athanasius, De Synodis 47 (A.D. 359).
Old 08-15-2019, 06:14 PM
High Concept

There is the personal guidance of God unique to each individual and not common to all.
Then there is the general Divine public revelation which is common for all, handed down in lineage of Apostolic Fathers.

We only received the Divine revelation of scripture through the tradition of the Fathers.
It is entirely counterproductive to attack the traditions by which we received the Gospel itself.

Did your Tradition do this, Peter?

If your Tradition did not transmit the scriptures from the Apostles, then it doesn't seem right to be critical of the traditions that did.

Do you see the point Peter?

Many of the Fathers died so we could possess the scriptures, we can't take it for granted.

But having said that, I don't like the way certain people in the EOC have been communicating their beliefs.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 PM
High Concept

This is a prayer life thread and I would rather we continued on that wholesome endeavour than have it turned to doctrinal meanderings.
There is much more to be said and explored.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,337 Times in 9,115 Posts

Quote:
This is a prayer life thread and I would rather we continued on that wholesome endeavour than have it turned to doctrinal meanderings.
There is much more to be said and explored.
Agreed! The teachings of any religion have nothing to do with your personal relationship with the Universal Consciousness.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:09 PM
High Concept

You can not pry the human will away from yourself, you can only desire it. You have to ask for this desire, a burning desire is the only thing that can joyfully and cheerfully surrender it over to the Lord.
I sensed in my case the Lord feigned not to want it, and my desire built to such an extent that I demanded He take it.

The things that change can not be explained, they can only be experienced.

The trepidation is ' If I hand my will over, that one thing I truly possess, how do I know I will be guided to safety '. We cling to our volition for dear life, to abandon ourselves to God's Will is to put Him in charge and us to be in open space.

We trust in Jesus absolute goodness and according to that trust we a freed to fly as we are supposed to.

Ask Jesus for the desire and the generosity to hand over your will. The Divine Will is the pearl of great price, because it requires everything you have to possess it, even your very volition. Everything you have obtained in life was by force of your will, and now you find yourself giving it up.

But this is when you are kicked from the nest to truly soar. The human will keeps us earth bound, but in the Divine Will there is no height you can't reach.

You will find that God's providence and protection is powerfully manifest.

"When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?"

You will lack nothing. In handing everything over, you have made yourselves poor, so the Lord goes before you and prepares everything.

Do you know what a great gift it is to live in the providence of the Lord, this is the Eden of Divine Providence. After the fall, Adam earned by force of his human will, the sweat of his brow.
Now through Jesus we can hand over the rags of our human will and be clothed in the garment of light, the Divine Will.

It is yours if you desire it.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Many of the Fathers died so we could possess the scriptures, we can't take it for granted.

But having said that, I don't like the way certain people in the EOC have been communicating their beliefs.
Don't criticize what you did not lived. Where were you when Peter and some others here blasphemied on everything Christian? Were you there making things right? Sure, it is easy to criticize about form standing on the sides. I will wait until you make things right with Peter, but somehow I think you will be mostly absent.

Thank you for your critique. Very "helpful."
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 08:18 PM
High Concept

If we aren't carrying Jesus to people we aren't bringing anything. When we dispose ourselves to God's Will, we make ourselves available at the time of the Lord's calling to service.

Matt 21 "As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, 2*saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me. 3*If anyone says anything to you, say that the Lord needs them, and he will send them right away.”

You will be sent for in God's timing and providence, you will be lead to the Lord's service. The stubborn donkey of the human will can be led once it is tethered in docility.

" Not my will but thine be done done "

That is the disposition of men of good will, men of God's Will.

Waiting on the Lord is living mindful of His Presence and being ready to do His Will.

" Here am I Lord, I come to do your will "

The Lord will send people to you, they will minister to you and you to them, just be mindful that all things are ordered by God, in His providence. So praise the Lord in seemingly good and seeming bad situations, let your disposition to God's will remain the same and unmoved.
Welcome the stranger, and recognise the Lord in all you meet.

" What you did for the least of these, you did to me "

In a mysterious way the Lord is in everyone you meet, how you treat them is how you treat the Lord, and the less self will we have the more we recognise the Lord in others.
How many times have we sent the Lord away by denying the requests of others, yet we expect our prayers answered promptly.
If you want your petitions answered promptly, treat people's petitions of you as the Lord's petitions and answer them promptly.

Mark 14: 13 "He sent two of his disciples, telling them, “Go into the city, and you will meet a man carrying a jug of water. Follow him. 14When he goes into a house, say to its owner that the Teacher asks, ‘Where is my room where I can eat the Passover meal with my disciples?’ 15Then he will show you a large upstairs room that is furnished and ready. Get everything ready for us there.” 16So the disciples left and went into the city. They found everything just as Jesus had told them, and they prepared the Passover meal."

Nothing can compete with a Divine Providence, don't be surprised if you find things exactly as you require.
It is the Lord who prepares a table for you in the sight of your enemies, you who live in His Presence and seek with all your heart to do His Will.

Go to the Father as a child and say ' Help me to understand and to do things as you want not as I want'.

You can then enter the Kingdom as a little child, carried in the everlasting arms of the Divine Will and Divine Providence.