Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,181 Times in 4,917 Posts

Advertise Here

Different people have different ideas about what SHTF means and what it entails.

I’m a person who always thinks of the worst case scenario.

While I may have plenty of supplies here at home, in my vehicle and at another location what happens if those locations are burned, over run or I’m away from home when the whole ****house goes up in flames?

I sure don’t want an obscure wildcat as my means of self defense and of hunting til I could get back “on my feet”.

Apparently Justin sees himself holed up in his underground bunker living out the end times in comfort and harmony.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2019, 12:40 PM
μολὼν λαβέ

Thanked 4,076 Times in 1,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Different people have different ideas about what SHTF means and what it entails.

While I may have plenty of supplies here at home, in my vehicle and at another location what happens if those locations are burned, over run or I’m away from home when the whole ****house goes up in flames?

I sure don’t want an obscure wildcat as my means of self defense and of hunting til I could get back “on my feet”.

Apparently Justin sees himself holed up in his underground bunker living out the end times in comfort and harmony.
They WILL ALWAYS burn you out......

In all seriousness the area you live in will ultimately dictate what you prep for.

Firearms are necessary, but defense vs hunting will greatly depend on your location.

Caliber is more a universal choice. A .308 is available anywhere ammo is sold. A large capacity semi-auto is defense minded but hunts well in .308. QD optics allow for a variety of sighting options, but a 1-6/8X 30mm scope is a great 'all around' choice.

But to each there own. I am bless to be able to play with a lot and have a lot of choices. My thought are based on my hunting experience and where I live.
The Following User Says Thank You to 0002S For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Awesome

Thanked 22,070 Times in 7,356 Posts

Quote:

lmfao, right, you think youre going to happen across stockpiles of 6.8SPC and 6.5 grendel?, these are no less obscurities, only the reloading components to make ammo is far more scarce than it is for .277 wolverine or .300BO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Awesome

Quote:

yeah, you know whats more likely to survive that house fire?.. a CZ-75 ;-) and not a glock
Old 07-05-2019, 04:43 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
yeah, you know whats more likely to survive that house fire?.. a CZ-75 ;-) and not a glock
Yeah, ok, you just keep believing that your outdated brick is going to survive a typical house fire.

And that wasn’t the point of my post anyway.
But of course you’d just respond with some nonsensical quip in typical Justin fashion.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Awesome

Quote:
Yeah, ok, you just keep believing that your outdated brick is going to survive a typical house fire.

And that wasn’t the point of my post anyway.
But of course you’d just respond with some nonsensical quip in typical Justin fashion.
go back to whining over a pound, lmfao
Old 07-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Survivor

Quote:
go back to whining over a pound, lmfao
Not all of us are operators wearing chest rugs or drop leg holders.
Som of us that carry all day see no practical excuse for carrying a brick when other options are just as good or better while weighing less.

Go back to recommending outdated gear, lmfao.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Not all of us are operators wearing chest rugs or drop leg holders.
Som of us that carry all day see no practical excuse for carrying a brick when other options are just as good or better while weighing less.

Go back to recommending outdated gear, lmfao.
werent you defending the garand and 30-06 not too long ago?
Old 07-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 1,586 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
If we are giving opinions, I’d have to say the ubiquity of the .30/06, plus its historical effectiveness against 4- and 2-legged creatures, makes it far from obsolete. And far more logical than a .277 Wolverine, which does sound cool because, well, Wolverine.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
If we are giving opinions, I’d have to say the ubiquity of the .30/06, plus its historical effectiveness against 4- and 2-legged creatures, makes it far from obsolete. And far more logical than a .277 Wolverine, which does sound cool because, well, Wolverine.
.270 wolverine is 95% the energy of 6.8SPC using standard magazines, bolts, and cartridge cases, all the benefits of .300 blackout but with a higher ballistic coefficient for better long range accuracy

lmfao, 30-06

and i only suggest .277 wolverine because the OP is asking about 6.8 and 6.5, not 30-06, wanting more energy at distance than 5.56, preferably using the same magazines and lowers, unlike your suggestion, and those above me, the only 6.8 option that is going to allow him to use the same magazines in an AR-15, is .277 wolverine.. i suggest it, because it actually fits the question asked in the original post
Old 07-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I’ve never recommended to someone that a Garand should be part of their daily carry or preps for shtf.

I did however laugh numerous times at your “fails to function in a light drizzle” comment.
No there’s a lmfao moment!
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post: