ATF Form 1 - Short barrel shotgun SBS - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Shotgun Forum Mossberg, Winchester, Remington, Benelli....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd barrel question here... Belnik Rifle Forum 5 08-15-2017 05:27 AM
Leaked ATF white paper - suggests removing silencers from NFA goon Firearms General Discussion 58 02-18-2017 07:12 AM
Single shot Kaleb Firearms General Discussion 22 12-05-2016 02:35 PM

Old 04-01-2019, 04:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,445 Times in 3,862 Posts
Default ATF Form 1 - Short barrel shotgun SBS

Advertise Here

Anyone do one? I figure I could get the paperwork going now. Will have to check with the Master at Arms office and see if they can do a finger print card for me.

I want to cut this SDS Lynx barrel down to 14 inches.

Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to drobs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Prepared

Two or three years ago I talked myself and my BIL into buying a 14" pistol grip Class III shotgun. About $330 and 10 months each, counting $5.00 AOW stamp, transfer charge and manufacturer's cost.

I had also bought a PGO Mossberg 500 12 gauge and put on a 14" barrel kit from Mossberg and the Shockwave Technologies grip. About $450 all told, and not far different from the Class III.

Now Mossberg, Remington, and others are marketing pump and semi-auto 14 inch and there about shotguns to a popular public.

Donno about Africa rules (depends on the country, I suppose) but in the USA it's gonna be better to buy one of the new semi autos that take the same magazines and either keep what you got or sell it off.

Believe yours has a 19" barrel now. It might work OK with the adjustable gas system.
Why invest in tax stamp and cutting barrel when you can get what you want off the rack and have the original gun to keep/sell?
The Following User Says Thank You to fflincher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Crazy

Thanked 10,249 Times in 3,341 Posts

I would but I’m grandfathered in pre 41 change. But if I did it would be a SXS with birds head grip and 8inch barrels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,445 Times in 3,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflincher View Post
Two or three years ago I talked myself and my BIL into buying a 14" pistol grip Class III shotgun. About $330 and 10 months each, counting $5.00 AOW stamp, transfer charge and manufacturer's cost.

I had also bought a PGO Mossberg 500 12 gauge and put on a 14" barrel kit from Mossberg and the Shockwave Technologies grip. About $450 all told, and not far different from the Class III.

Now Mossberg, Remington, and others are marketing pump and semi-auto 14 inch and there about shotguns to a popular public.

Donno about Africa rules (depends on the country, I suppose) but in the USA it's gonna be better to buy one of the new semi autos that take the same magazines and either keep what you got or sell it off.

Believe yours has a 19" barrel now. It might work OK with the adjustable gas system.
Why invest in tax stamp and cutting barrel when you can get what you want off the rack and have the original gun to keep/sell?

That's a good point, I should pony up the $900+ and get a pistol version. Currently out of stock:
https://agsarmament.com/shotguns
http://www.awsfirearms.com/where-to-buy