Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garand trigger pin walking out in Dupage stock? MagnumWill Firearms General Discussion 0 03-07-2018 10:32 PM
Looking for IWB Carry Option sdellin Pistol and Revolver Forum 42 12-02-2017 05:48 PM
Finger On Trigger (Yes, It Is Okay) Frisco85132 Firearms General Discussion 27 08-12-2017 06:13 PM
DEMO UNIT TAPCO AK-47 G2 Single Hook Trigger Group Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-30-2017 02:38 PM

Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,189 Posts
Default What will be the trigger?

Advertise Here

For those of you, unlike Nunu, who have not already bugged out, I am curious as to what you will be looking for that will cause you to bug out?

I personally will be looking for signs of civil unrest getting to an uncomfortable level, though I know that it could erupt at any time without warning. And though my BOL is set up to where we can survive for some weeks to months, I believe that if things are too bad, it will be difficult at best to get there by car and a long walk on foot. So, I hope to either be there on leave when things break out, (by the grace of God) or leave early enough that we can beat the exodus crowd.

My big problem now is that when we were at our BOL this last weekend, someone saw that we were gone from our home and broke in. It makes me believe that we are being watched and will be targeted when we go up to work on the BOL. Even at the area of our BOL, there have been many break-ins and theft is on the rise throughout SA, I believe and there is not much being done about it. Now I have to beef up security in our main home and have even had to install an alarm in our BOL.

I will be interested in hearing what others have to say about the state of our union.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drray777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM

To quote Malema's recent speech:

"I've never slapped a white person, I've never called for their slaughter. I've never called for their killing, at least for now. I can't guarantee the future."

It's just a matter of time so my trigger is overt killing. Watching for civil unrest is a good one but here in Gauteng we have daily riots and road closures. I have to change routes very often due to violent riots so won't necessarily realise until its too late to get back home in one piece.

I feel you on the theft issue. With so many people around all of us are always watched so the vultures are ready to move in given the opportunity. Expropriation without compensation is already normal in SA.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreyMan_ZA For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,680 Times in 955 Posts

http://num.org.za/News-Reports-Speec...total-shutdown

...or maybe a shut down where nothing works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2018, 12:59 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyboardKommando View Post
http://num.org.za/News-Reports-Speec...total-shutdown

...or maybe a shut down where nothing works.
It is amazing that these guys would act in such an arrogant manner but it looks to me like they are intentionally trying to create a state of emergency where they will have a reason to declare Marshall law.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:14 AM

It is more than possible. I remember a couple of years back when the suidlanders started their campaign that a major part of the planning for the so called night of the long knives was revolved around this particular facet. Seeing whats going on now makes one wonder if they did not have the whole situation spot on, except for the killing, that has been happening for a very long time and as such the trigger conditions have been met in my humble opinion. problem is that due to economic pressures few of us can afford to bug out now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Praetor360 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 03:39 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor360 View Post
It is more than possible. I remember a couple of years back when the suidlanders started their campaign that a major part of the planning for the so called night of the long knives was revolved around this particular facet. Seeing whats going on now makes one wonder if they did not have the whole situation spot on, except for the killing, that has been happening for a very long time and as such the trigger conditions have been met in my humble opinion. problem is that due to economic pressures few of us can afford to bug out now.
I am beginning to believe that 'bugging out' in South Africa will mean that groups of like-minded people will have to band together to form communities that can stand alone and be as self-reliant as possible. The problem is, as I see it, being that there are few 'groups' of people who can get along and work together without conflict. Our BOL is in a rural town and there is still separation of peoples according to skin color and ethnic background. It seems that no one can 'play well with others' but it is going to be necessary when the government finally drives this ship aground and we all have to become as self-sufficient as the situation allows. The Sl is the only group that I know of who is actively seeking to expand and has an actual plan that they are busy implementing. I am busy trying to build a place that can be a part f a self-sustaining community but I do not know how long it can last even if the people get along. God knows, but at least I have some place outside the city to go to and hope to 'retire' there is the S does not HTF.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:00 AM
Survivor

When I woke up sweating at about 3:30 this morning and sat in the dark again until 4 when the load shedding was over, I began to ponder whether or not this is what is going to lead us into the SHTF here in SA. I know the joke that even if the STHF it won't matter because load shedding will leave the fans without power, just as my nonfunctional fan this morning left me sweating. But certainly this time the issue is much more significant than before.

We have been in stage 4 load shedding for days now. That means that 4 out of every 24 hours will be without power until when is anyone's guess. Eskom is not sticking to its published schedule, so it is somewhat random when the power goes out. You just have to hope that it will return again after 2 hours, which it sometimes does. I am sitting and typing this message in the dark with a generator powered fan to replace the air con and it is one of the hottest days of summer.

I was planning a trip to our BOL over the holiday weekend to map out where to build our garage and house but I felt God restrain me this morning because the power was out at the prime time for the thieves in this country to work. They like to come at 2-4 AM and I believe that load shedding will only help them.

So I am going to stay home and organize our home preps and be ready to bug out if things continue to spiral downhill. Time will tell if this is the straw that will break the camel's back here in SA.

https://www.fin24.com/Economy/we-onl...m-coo-20190319
Old 03-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,021 Times in 2,406 Posts

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would like to invite white South Africans to relocate to conservative regions of the US. South Africa has gone to **** since Mandela and the ANC took power. You guys need to get out while you can. Either way, good luck to you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 03:40 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,202 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drray777 View Post
For those of you, unlike Nunu, who have not already bugged out, I am curious as to what you will be looking for that will cause you to bug out?

I personally will be looking for signs of civil unrest getting to an uncomfortable level, though I know that it could erupt at any time without warning. And though my BOL is set up to where we can survive for some weeks to months, I believe that if things are too bad, it will be difficult at best to get there by car and a long walk on foot. So, I hope to either be there on leave when things break out, (by the grace of God) or leave early enough that we can beat the exodus crowd.

My big problem now is that when we were at our BOL this last weekend, someone saw that we were gone from our home and broke in. It makes me believe that we are being watched and will be targeted when we go up to work on the BOL. Even at the area of our BOL, there have been many break-ins and theft is on the rise throughout SA, I believe and there is not much being done about it. Now I have to beef up security in our main home and have even had to install an alarm in our BOL.

I will be interested in hearing what others have to say about the state of our union.
I'm already "bugged out". I live in Rural Texas, with the bugs (edible), Snakes, a lake, a creek, and a few, well armed, neighbors whom I'm pretty friendly with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 2,077 Times in 645 Posts

Is this for real?

If so, shouldn't you be planning on bugging out to another country?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	boer.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	284884  
The Following User Says Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Survivor

As we have said before, where in the world is safe anymore? Besides, most of us do not have the finances to leave. Guess we will have to stay and pray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drray777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 09:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,150 Times in 1,455 Posts

Seriously, we need farmers in the States, you should contact Trump and the churches here. Contact Trump. If. He gets re-elected here next Fall, he would bring you all just to **** off our left wing. You are all native speakers already so 2/3 of the way to passing the citizenship test. Then it’s civics and history. None of you want to be in SA when the Chinese pile in and they are about to.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:28 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,695 Times in 791 Posts

If history is a good tutor, and it usually is, more won't recognize the signs than will, and it's impossible to forecast what the signs will be.
Some German Jews recognized the signs when the Nazis came to power and got themselves and/or some of their relations out. Many more didn't, although they saw the same signs, lived in the same communities, shared common life experiences, and had the resources to do so.
Some who got out were interviewed, and they mostly said that they had to stay knowledgeable of current affairs and be as completely impartial as possible so their opinions weren't biased by their preconceptions of what an emergency was or would be.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:23 AM

The 'black youth' gearing up for war in our country? I hope our fellow white south africans are prepped and ready.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAf...la-...mbers-20190729

https://www.facebook.com/BlackCentricForum/

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jason75 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,815 Times in 1,892 Posts

You guys have a lot of my support. I will be doing a update on that on my channel. Are they still burning white farmers out?
Old 07-30-2019, 04:42 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason75 View Post
The 'black youth' gearing up for war in our country? I hope our fellow white south africans are prepped and ready.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAf...la-...mbers-20190729

https://www.facebook.com/BlackCentricForum/

The News24 link has apparently been removed. Can you tell us what it said?
Old 07-30-2019, 04:54 AM

Joburg ANCYL to offer 'military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics' to members

[https://static]*22:18 29/07/2019*[https://static]*Correspondent

The ANC Youth League (ANCYL) in Johannesburg is offering their members military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics.

An advert has been making the rounds of an ANCYL spring weekend getaway that will include these activities in August, which will cost each member R500.

The activities listed include flag pole raising and lowering, an obstacle course, swimming, hiking, military training, gun handling and guerrilla tactics.

News24 tried contacting relevant ANCYL members without success.

However, radio station*702*spoke to the ANCYL's Bheki Nkutha who could not give an answer as to the purpose of youth league members receiving military training.

"Those are internal programmes, you know you need to train all your ... when you are in an organisation you have your own training and I believe part of those training, and I believe part of those training you can't be seeing MK all the time doing other things, you then need to understand what happens in the military," Nkutha told 702.

Nkutha said the "relevant authorities" in the ANC were aware of the activities but would not give a specific ANC member's name.

Attempts to reach ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe also proved unsuccessful.*

Old 07-30-2019, 04:57 AM

27 July at 09:42

Black Centric Forum [BCF] will be Hosting a Shooting Range Session on 3 August 2019 and hereby extend an invitation to all interested Blacks. You are hereby Invited to join the Training Session in the quest to prepare blacks for the grassroots revolution in the near future. Slogans won't gain us our land back, so is political propaganda.

The programme will take Place On The 3rd of August2019 At an undisclosed Venue.

Cost: R400 per Participant (Includes hiring of ammunition, 30 rounds, safety induction, ears and eyes protection kit and range hire)

Kindly register by email on [email protected] or contact 0842202467

Old 07-30-2019, 05:43 AM

Theres a video on youtube under 'loving life' channel with regards to the above as well if you want to watch

Old 07-30-2019, 06:07 AM
Survivor

Interesting stuff. Thanks Jason.