Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PAW Fiction - Stories of the Post-Apocalyptic World CD Now Available Jerry D Young For Sale 22 02-20-2019 08:45 PM
Horror Movies as Survival Stories... Lamb Books, Movies & Stories 26 04-04-2016 11:06 PM
Looking for TOM's PAW fiction stories kingcobradlk Books, Movies & Stories 18 12-14-2014 10:57 AM
THANK YOU! tread for the authors of the fiction section TinCanMan Books, Movies & Stories 2 10-30-2013 03:04 PM
Looking for non-fiction survival stories purecaffeine Books, Movies & Stories 7 10-15-2012 12:31 AM
Lurker... Thanks posted in fiction section. american_bobcat New Member Introduction 9 07-10-2012 05:46 PM
posting in fiction section scrachline Site Information & Suggestion Box 0 04-11-2011 04:46 PM

Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroenen117 View Post
the day after is really tragic as they come.. thats the world i dont wanna live in. so lets make it a world we can survive in lol

my favorite movie about survival was the edge / madmax 2 and 3 the first was nothing like the other 2 / postman/ waterworld/ a kinda lame movie called Steel dawn , same guy from Red dawn haha. And the newer movie called Dooms day man that was pretty cool.

and into the wild.. it was ok . ill think of some more later haha.

Ohh Waterworld is a pretty good movie
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Kittles1990 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,150 Posts

Not a lot here...
I'll Post up the more recent movies I have seen;

Death Race 2, 3.0 stars; not as good as the first movie, average at best, not terrible.
Monsters, 2.0 stars; El cheapo movie with a wuss lead character. The monsters were relatively well done overall poor movie, IMO.
Red, 3.0 stars; revenge of the geezer spys... fair movie fair to good action.
Inception, 1 to 2.0 stars; its another over rated De Caprio mind game movie; boring I didn't finish it.
Legion, 2.0 stars; would have been a fair half hour twilight zone episode but overall not very good as a movie.
The Book of Eli, 4 stars; good solid movie although it promote the unrealistic viewpoint that the Christian bible is all that is needed. In spite of this I call it good.
Salt, 4 stars; good, if you like Angelina Jolie in what was originally planned as a male role, look for a sequel.
Expendables, 4 stars; a pretty good action movie starring some of the past great action stars and some WWF stars, (watch Stallone gain and loose 20 pounds between scenes) its slightly better than fair.
Predators, 4 stars; a worthy follow up to the first predator movie (the second one is not worth mentioning), good solid acting, good story, good action and effects.

Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,519 Posts

Saw 'Unknown' yesterday.

It is extremely rare that I do not know the plot of a movie within the first 10 to 30 minutes.

This movie caught me completely by surprise.

My mind kept putting the plot together but I had to keep back tracking in my mind because I just could not get it to fit together.

every time I thought I had it figured out, bam, back to square one.

Hightly recommend the viewing of this movie.

It was on the level of the movie 'Taken'; if not better.

Later
wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittles1990 View Post
Ohh Waterworld is a pretty good movie
I enjoyued Waterworld, but I found the part of the bad guys outragously in bad taste and bad writing.

So much more could have been done with this movie had the writers been more realistic with reality.

later
wayne
Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Survivor

Am I the only person in the world who liked the movie

Quest for fire.

later
wayne
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HaroldWayneHamlin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Waterworld fans should try and locate a copy of the directors cut, it explains a few things like where the fire floating on the water came from... It has a permanent place in my video library.

I liked Quest for Fire when it first came out. Had it on VHS but have never been tempted to replace it. I'll give it a rewatch if netflicks has it.

Recent flicks;
Centurion A story relating to the lost 9th Roman legion. I liked this one; lots of chasing around a bit of barbarian fighting and a good ending... 4 stars; good.

Resident Evil: Afterlife Not as good as previous efforts. It felt like they made this movie to introduce other characters; it ends in a setup for a sequel. Overall fair although I don't like the Chinese style wire work (stunt special effects)... 3 stars, fair.

Enjoy!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM

The Movie "Panic in Year Zero" was what really got me thinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeepNAL For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Apprentice Geezer

I saw Panic in Year Zero as a young-un it impressed me quite a bit at the time. Years later I located a DVD copy and it still holds up well. A copy sits on the shelf in my video library and it has a permanent place on the hard drive of the home theater computer.

I sawMachete last night; it is left wing pro illegal alien propaganda aimed at teens and preteens.
My disagreement with the message aside, it was a generally poor movie; poor acting poor script, poor direction. In spite of all this it did give me a chuckle and I was able to watch it though to the end. Because of this I will give it 2 stars; probably more than it deserves. Had I seen it in a theater I would have been angry at the waste of time and money, however since I just wasted a netflix delivery it is no big deal.
If you are tempted by this one you should probably rent something better, it is not worth buying.
Rating 2 stars; poor.

Enjoy!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Saw Sorcerer's Apprentice last night A teen movie with a poor whiny male lead character.
Over all a pretty fair Disney flick, it could have been good with better casting and by writing in a more intelligent/thoughtful role for the lead character (all teens are not all stupid nor hormonally unbalanced all the time). Overall a no thought required, enjoyable, popcorn movie, destined to be forgotten.
3 stars; fair.

Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Last night; Peterson's Ultimate Adventure 2003 Disk 1 Netflix lists it as "4 Wheelin' / Off Roadin': Disc 1 "... a magazine sponsored four wheeling/off road program from netflix. It shows some fair wheelers and some that are not destroying their vehicles on some of the widely known trails in the southeast. It pointed out some of the things that I hate about wheeling in large groups; one mechanical, or driver failure stops the group, you are always waiting and always rushed (hurry up and wait).
Fair; not good, not terrible but you really need to have a prior interest in the subject matter.
Ill get Disk 2 later this week, hopefully.

Enjoy!
Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Just watched A-Team a pretty good movie based on the old TV program. Good action but much of the CGI was not all that great. I did not miss the original stars, the current actors did well. Not realistic in any way (as expected).
Overall entertaining I give this one 4 stars.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Joe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Apprentice Geezer

Peterson's Tuff Truck competition 2003 Netflix lists it as "4 Wheelin' / Off Roadin': Disc 2 "... This is another vid for people with an interest in the subject.
Petersen's is a magazine company that sponsors a competition where 10 selected people bring their 4WDs and trash them on artificially difficult obstacles. It is kind of interesting to try and spot vehicle weak points and see what unconventional ideas actually work.
Over all; 3 stars, fair at best, and then only for those with an interest.

Enjoy!
Old 03-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Apprentice Geezer

The Crazies A disease causes violence and zombie like behavior in small town Iowa.
Actually better than I expected, and includes the likely government response.
Its remarkable how the US government is once more portrayed the root of all evil, IMO.
3 stars; fair, probably worth a rental.

Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Apprentice Geezer

.. seems like I'm in a Zombie rut;
The Walking Dead 2 disk set the first season of the AMC program, More bloody and violent than expected but the pacing seems slow. It also follows the television tradition of over talking and over emotionalizing things.
I'll probably watch the next season when it comes out on DVD; 3 stars Fair to good probably worth a rental if you like Zombie flicks.

Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 AM
(Advertise here)

Default Millennium 4

Where is the thread for Millennium 4? The book is about to be published this year and I am looking for someone else who is interested in getting a copy...

Last edited by CuracaoWildlife; 04-11-2011 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: n/a
Old 06-30-2011, 05:21 PM

Anyone ever seen the road?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBandit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 04:26 AM

Default fiction books

Hello buddy,
here goes a lot of fiction books if you are interested.i like to read fiction stories and books.i recommend you to go for it .there are lot of books of different stories.take your views and share it.

Please check this here:

http://www.bookchums.com/category.php?catId=47
Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned From Books

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 14,433 Times in 3,516 Posts

Very understated yet decent post-apocalyptic flick is this 80s Gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYq0S...ature=youtu.be

Crap trailer but the film's pretty smart showing that using methene gas you can keep a small bike going.
Good contrast between the prepper community, the lone survivalist and the uber-military battle-truckers.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 PM

Amazing true survival stories - new episodes every Friday night on Animal Planet US!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNuP_hVlNbU
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,509 Times in 3,959 Posts

New movie at the theaters ..... Straw Dogs...... a sheeple grows some balls and takes on some good ole boys left over from the Dueling Banjos scene