Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 467 08-16-2019 03:54 PM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 07-18-2019 03:19 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 02:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Old 09-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Wayfinder

Advertise Here

Just bought a 50 acre place in very rural mountainous West Virginia with a small 100 year old farmhouse. Nearest neighbor James 1.5 miles away, six miles of dense woods to the north of me before reaching a paved road. Anyway, after buying the place I decided to walk my land up the narrow north hollow between two mountain ridges, following a north-south creek at the edge of my property. After reaching the limits of my land, I went further and came to a well kept hunting cabin that had been described to me. Curious, I kept going north along the creek for another quarter mile and noticed out of the corner of my eye a small old overgrown house set back within a mini-hollow to the east of the stream. The place positively radiated creepy. There was no sidewalk to the house and the land in front of it seemed a bit swampy. My innermost feelings said "don't go there!" So I came no closer and returned home. I asked the the 84 year old farmer who cuts my meadow if he knew anything about it. After about 10 seconds, he said that the house belonged to Dennis Peters. But he wouldn't say anything else about it. The original owner of my 100 year old farmhouse was a farmer named Roscoe Peters, whose daughter Alice sold me my house and was well known to the farmer. Days later in talking with James, I mention the house and he gets a guarded look on his face, says that I might hear some strange stories about it, but he doesn't necessarily believe them. And doesn't want to talk any more about it. Not wanting to offend my only neighbor, I drop the subject. Weeks later on James' recommendation, I hire Ralph, a local man to do some indoor painting for me. Ralph, in his fifties, grew up in the area and proceeded to tell me all about the house...

The house was originally owned by the older brother of Roscoe Peters, a man named Monk Peters. Monk had two children, Dennis and Donna. As kids, every day the pair walked 2-1/2 miles together to a small store at the end of the dirt-gravel road I live on, bought some candy there, and walked back home. Donna was significantly retarded. Later as a teen, Donna became pregnant and drowned her baby in the very creek that I had been following. Not known what became afterward of her. Her brother Dennis at some point inherited the house and ended up being committed to the Lewis County insane asylum. Wow. No wonder nobody wanted to talk about it. I would suspect that a retarded teen becoming pregnant in such a hidden isolated location with only her family around may have been a victim of incest. Her brother's later commitment to an insane asylum only deepens my suspicion. NOT a place that I would to visit at night.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutzendu View Post
Never shared this one..

1997 while stationed in germany. It was winter and we were doing a war fighter exercise in Hoenfels. I was a tank commander and our platoon was positioned on a terrain feature known as "the peanut". It was probably around 1 or 2 in the morning when my loader woke me and quietly said there was a squad of dismounts (infantry) coming down from the treeline and down into the valley that was our sector.

I pop into the turret (I slept right beside my hatch on top of the turret) and peer thru the thermal sight. Sure enough, 9 dismounts moving thru thigh deep snow at about 2000 meters. We could have smoked them easy at that range...

I call my wing tank. Direct him to target. He sees them. I tell him I'll light them up at 1500 meters..

Then...gone. all of them. No heat signatures anywhere...we continue to scan, sure they are setting up an anti-armor ambush and are just in a low spot.

Day break, I send my loader out dismounted for a recon. We watch....he gets out there and stumbled around in the snow for a bit...runs back.

No prints. None. We can see about 6 kilometers up the valley from our position. No tracks..anywhere.

We didn't know what to make of that.. lots of us saw them. My loader, gunner, wing tank crew..never talked about it again.
How did you get the range? Laser rangefinder? Was your loader in the same place as they were? Was he identical in size to them? What was the magnification used? Humans are pretty small at 2000 meters even with 20x magnification. Could you see how their bodies were articulated?
The Following User Says Thank You to knickknockknack For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 09:39 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,928 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickknockknack View Post
How did you get the range? Laser rangefinder? Was your loader in the same place as they were? Was he identical in size to them? What was the magnification used? Humans are pretty small at 2000 meters even with 20x magnification. Could you see how their bodies were articulated?
You do realize you are critiquing and questioning threads that are Years old, right?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jlrhiner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Hunter

Thanked 5,628 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlrhiner View Post
You do realize you are critiquing and questioning threads that are Years old, right?
Looking at how many questions/responses, nope, not a clue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtus View Post
Cannabalism was also mentioned in those days, stories the aboriginals preferred chinese settlers in this regard.
I've also read something along similar lines. The author said that he had spoken to a Papua New Guinea native that had eaten other natives, whites and japanese (presumable during world war 2) and this gourmet claimed that humans taste like pork but whites had a bitter aftertaste while natives and japanese had a sweet aftertaste. Thus he much preferred to eat the latter.
Do you know that a Rockefeller got eaten in Papua New Guinea? Thats what happens if you don't realize that a Harvard "education" really is political indoctrination and not much more.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_agr View Post
This is not scary,but it is a mystery, I live in the foothills towards lake Tahoe, I found a small pond off the beaten path that is filled with wild brook trout , for the past few years we've been experiencing these crazy far off muted explosions periodically that will happen frequently during the day and last from a minute to 10 minutes, weird stuff its like underground explosion. Anyhow Im up on the mountain fly fishinh this little pond and all the sudden all the birds went silent along with everything else. I thought maybe a bear or lion or ? wass in the area. Then the explosions started, they felt like they were right below me but deep.. the crazy thing was everytime there was an explosion or whatever it is, 50 plus fish would jump out of the water right before the thump the other thing is the pond started rippling to 10" high tsunami's . there is no construction or anything else I could find to explain these muted deep explosions, It made the local news also.. Thats all I got.. except for my misguided conspiracy theories about it

Awesome ,Fun thread, Maybe I'll post the picture of the 16" footprint I found in a sand bar off Silver King Creek, outside of Markleeville
You are experiencing shallow earthquakes occuring 1-3 kilometers down. They are weak but you are very close.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I've also read something along similar lines. The author said that he had spoken to a Papua New Guinea native that had eaten other natives, whites and japanese (presumable during world war 2) and this gourmet claimed that humans taste like pork but whites had a bitter aftertaste while natives and japanese had a sweet aftertaste. Thus he much preferred to eat the latter.
Thing is, with those Asians, when you've had one...half an hour later, you are hungry again.

I'm strawberry flavoured - my Mummy said so.
(About 49 years ago, might have soured slightly by now)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheExtremist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,418 Times in 3,278 Posts

Quote:
I've been working though this thread since page one asking questions about almost every other page. Many great stories and many questions have gone unanswered. Good questions.

It's why I ranted about where the thread went a few days ago. Should just be stories and commentary to real stories, that's why the thread had lasted so long in the first place.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroo View Post
Looking at how many questions/responses, nope, not a clue.
I know, but if I dont ask, I will not have the chance of getting an answer. To most of you this is only a thread filled with spooky stories but to me it is a meta-study of observations of paranormal creatures. There is a grammar or system to how these critters work and manifest themselves, and dechipering how they work would give us valuable insights into the unknown natural laws of the metauniverse. That is why it is important to ask about details.

When doing this it is important to sceptical because there are always people who will make up some **** to get attention or people who experienced a psychosis without understanding it.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:28 AM
Brrrrr!

Topic, Dog Man.

What do you guys think?

Im asking for a friend.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarine33 View Post
Topic, Dog Man.

What do you guys think?

Im asking for a friend.
There was a medieval European legend that dog-headed men lived in the orient. The funny thing is that the Chinese had a legend that dog-headed men lived in the west

I've always been interested in the black dog legends which seem to have originated in Northern England or Scotland and made their way to New England.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Bigfoot who cannot be harmed by bullets is laid low by a noisy logging truck. And the truck rolls on with the front totalled from an impact with something that is as massive as a bear. I think you got bull****ted.

Whatever you're smoking...stop it....

And there was no bigfoot hit, he was just calling it in to see what would happen....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CarlyFries18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,599 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
I meant did it sound like that, not that it actually was. IIRC you have this ultrashort sample, could you upload it?
Oh, no .. if anything like a log truck coming down a steep grade and rounding a hairpin corner while compression braking. Gravelly like that. First half was slightly rising in pitch as if approaching, second half slightly decreasing in pitch as if leaving. Blue shift/red shift situation.

I'm not putting that sound up on the net. So far, I have not heard anything like it in thousands of different things I've listened to. By keeping it to myself, I deny the fakers and hoaxers access to mimic whatever it was. For the time being, if I hear it again, I know it is real. If I share, anywhere, I can never be sure of that again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Square Peg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2019, 09:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,510 Times in 6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
There was a medieval European legend that dog-headed men lived in the orient. The funny thing is that the Chinese had a legend that dog-headed men lived in the west

I've always been interested in the black dog legends which seem to have originated in Northern England or Scotland and made their way to New England.
old shuck
for the ten
Old 09-29-2019, 03:00 AM
nonconformist

Thanked 3,194 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexoptic View Post
I've been away from this forum for a bit but my husband and I had an experience that might interest some of you and which I"d like to get your opinion.

About a week ago we were sitting in our house about an hour before sunset. We live on 80 acres about half wooded in a valley with a creek running through it. The creek empties into a river about a mile east of us. All around us are small farms, a very rural area.

My husband is watching TV and I'm on the computer, it was nice so we had the back door open. We started hearing wood knocks. We've heard them periodically, one or two at a time but never close to our house. I figure since all the Big Foot shows every third person in the woods is doing it so I usually note where I hear it and forget about it.

These were very close, we heard them over the television which was odd. After hearing several we go out into the yard and in rapid succession we hear 3 very loud knocks. These were freakishly loud and I hesitate to believe most humans could make this kind of noise. It sounded like the tree exploded. I can't over state how very loud these were. It was in the pine filled valley directly behind our back yard above our pond. Way too close for comfort.

There are no houses back there for a couple of miles and this was on our property. While it is not impossible someone could have walked up on us it would be highly unusual. My husband shoots out there frequently, so it's not a safe place to walk. We all watch each other's property out here and someone wandering around would be quickly stopped.

Another thing is our 4 dogs. The first knock we heard startled them and one of the four let out a quick scared bark, then nothing. These are rat terrier mixes who bark constantly. They were with us outside when we heard the loud knocks and beat us back to the house.

These knocks sounded aggressive to me. I've always thought that if BF use knocks it's for hunting communication. I think maybe we startled a group who were stalking deer in the pine thicket. Maybe we screwed up their attempts at ambushing deer or were just too close. But they were trying to scare us off. We heard one more knock the next day, at a distance and it's quiet now.

Other things that make me wonder if we have BF are as follows. All the pears disappeared off of our pear trees over night this spring. None on the ground, just gone. Last summer on 2 occasions, on windless days, I heard large dead trees crashing to the ground by the creek (granted that happens). We often find random young trees snapped off at about 8 or 9 feet. Probably the worst and the original reason I thought of Bigfoot is the 3 metal fence post we found bent over at ground height in the middle of the woods where no vehicle could drive. They are right where a game trail leads down towards the creek. having the fence flattened makes walking over it much easier. Any of you who have been around farms know a person can't bend these.

Twenty years ago, when we first moved to the farm we heard a series of howls we just couldn't identify. Any of you who have listened to the tape of the howls that Les Stroud (hope I got his name right, Survivor Man) had on his program from Alaska have heard what we heard in North Missouri that night. It went all along the creek around our place screeching like a demon. We were both raised in the woods, husband in Arkansas, myself on MO/ARK border so we thought we could identify any animal back then, we could not ID that. We've never heard it again.

Possibly unrelated but weird, about a year ago I found a huge wad of dark coarse hair about 8 inches long in our back yard. I still have it in a plastic bag. It reminds me of hair from a horses tail. We don't have horses and our dogs don't leave our farm.

I still go for walks down by my pond, past the pine thicket but I'm very alert and I also give myself time to, "feel," if everything is ok before taking off. I take my dogs and my gun but a 9mm would be no match for a large ape.

BTW I've never seen a Sasquatch but I know of 2 people, who I believe without reservation, who have. It was those 2 stories plus reading so many here and on other places in the internet along with personal unexplained howls (camping) that made me come to the uneasy conclusion they are really out there. I don't want to see one. I prefer to think of them existing a million miles away.

I'm thinking these things are using the creek as a travel corridor. I'd be interested in what y'all think. Has anyone heard of wood knocking used in an aggressive way? I so wish everyone could have heard those knocks they were nothing like the others I've heard. Thanks and keep up the creepy stories. I love this place!
I would have installed a security camera system to find out exactly what it was. . These days, for 200 bucks you can get a security camera system with 2 cameras, heat and motion sensing, night vision... all that jazz.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmy2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 03:29 AM
nonconformist

Thanked 3,194 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Just bought a 50 acre place in very rural mountainous West Virginia with a small 100 year old farmhouse. Nearest neighbor James 1.5 miles away, six miles of dense woods to the north of me before reaching a paved road. Anyway, after buying the place I decided to walk my land up the narrow north hollow between two mountain ridges, following a north-south creek at the edge of my property. After reaching the limits of my land, I went further and came to a well kept hunting cabin that had been described to me. Curious, I kept going north along the creek for another quarter mile and noticed out of the corner of my eye a small old overgrown house set back within a mini-hollow to the east of the stream. The place positively radiated creepy. There was no sidewalk to the house and the land in front of it seemed a bit swampy. My innermost feelings said "don't go there!" So I came no closer and returned home. I asked the the 84 year old farmer who cuts my meadow if he knew anything about it. After about 10 seconds, he said that the house belonged to Dennis Peters. But he wouldn't say anything else about it. The original owner of my 100 year old farmhouse was a farmer named Roscoe Peters, whose daughter Alice sold me my house and was well known to the farmer. Days later in talking with James, I mention the house and he gets a guarded look on his face, says that I might hear some strange stories about it, but he doesn't necessarily believe them. And doesn't want to talk any more about it. Not wanting to offend my only neighbor, I drop the subject. Weeks later on James' recommendation, I hire Ralph, a local man to do some indoor painting for me. Ralph, in his fifties, grew up in the area and proceeded to tell me all about the house...

The house was originally owned by the older brother of Roscoe Peters, a man named Monk Peters. Monk had two children, Dennis and Donna. As kids, every day the pair walked 2-1/2 miles together to a small store at the end of the dirt-gravel road I live on, bought some candy there, and walked back home. Donna was significantly retarded. Later as a teen, Donna became pregnant and drowned her baby in the very creek that I had been following. Not known what became afterward of her. Her brother Dennis at some point inherited the house and ended up being committed to the Lewis County insane asylum. Wow. No wonder nobody wanted to talk about it. I would suspect that a retarded teen becoming pregnant in such a hidden isolated location with only her family around may have been a victim of incest. Her brother's later commitment to an insane asylum only deepens my suspicion. NOT a place that I would to visit at night.
Thank you for sharing a good story. It reminds me of the episode "Home" (Season 4) of the series X-Files... So creepy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmy2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Wayfinder

All Too Typical :

---------------------------------------------------

WeenyKid-666

Honest to gosh, I swear on my iPad’s battery that this story is true. One day while on vacation from my job as a Navy seal instructor, I was camping at my grandpop’s old cabin located exactly at the north magnetic pole. My girlfriend was with me and we wanted to celebrate the two of us just having graduated from high school last month. So we packed up lots of food and protection. For food we brought plenty of panda bear jerky and dehydrated water. For my protection I brought my Navy-issue full auto Barrett carbine with a 9th generation starlight scope and Amazon’s best close-quarters combat flashlight, complete with a dozen cases of 50 caliber depleted uranium explosive hollow point ammo. For her protection she brought a case of Trojans, triple extra large. No brag, just fact. We both wanted to travel light. I had borrowed a Blackhawk helicopter from a friend in special forces to get us there. Leaving on a Friday afternoon, we touched down just before sunset and noticed moving figures in the misty swamp a hundred yards or so in the distance. After settling in, I did the only sensible thing. I went out in the dark to check out the swamp armed with my trusty Barrett and my manhood. My woman at the cabin wisely decided to keep tabs on me by setting up her ouija board. Dashing through the snow toward the swamp I was quickly surrounded by what could only be multiple Bigfoots (NOT Bigfeet, that would be sooo politically incorrect). Nine foot tall each with glowing purple eyes, they were a sight to chill any man. Except me. I cocked the hammer back on my full auto Barrett and pulled the trigger. JAM!!! Dang I had forgotten to lube the thing! Fortunately, my woman with her ouija board was able to contact a nearby alien spacecraft that zeroed in on my location from the radioactive emanations of my depleted uranium bullets. They arrived just in time for me to be lifted into the sky by a flying saucer’s tractor beam. On the way home, they also picked up my woman and dropped her off at her parent’s house. It was important that she be at her job Monday morning at the local McDingles hamburger joint, so that she could keep her promise to pay for the Blackhawk helicopter we had left behind. What a woman! Even though she is my cousin, I’ll stay with her through thick and thin (or at least until the Blackhawk is paid for). Hope you enjoyed my recollection of this creepy outdoor story. I have dozens more to tell!

Weeny
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,384 Times in 1,528 Posts

Next time take your nephew/son with you for back-up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
This thread takes several awards: longest, scariest,etc.

Mine was outdoors, but not that scary, just a new life form.

I remember the day as it was my wifes birthday, july 7th, 2007. We were at our cabin in SW Co. I was on the porch cooking salmon on the grill for diner. Looking up i noticed a hatch going on. Being a fisherman you notice things like that.

Upon refocusing i saw numerous bizzare creatures wafting around the low ceiling storm clouds not too distance. Maybe 600’.

Here’s the description. 15 to 30 foot translucent jellyfish. Traveling in schools or pods they would expand and contract their bodies to fly around within the group.
Direction of travel was SW to NE at a liesurley pace. Total viewing time was over 5 minutes. They passed in groups all headed the same way.

Later we explored what we had seen on the internet. It turns out they have been seen by astronauts in space and plenty of reports here on earth, many in Russia. They have an energy connection to electrical activity in storm clouds. Don’t know if its feeding time or they somehow assimilate static electricity directly as in charging a capacitor.
They are called “Sky Jellies”. As with those that have seen the Sqatch, i’m not a believer, I’m a knower
A couple years ago I was glassing w/a spotting scope while deer hunting. In the upper right hand area I was glassing I could see a rainbow colored shape in the sky, shaped like a jellyfish. You could see through it like a rainbow. I didnt pay much attention to it as I thought it was a smudge of oil or something on the lens.
When i stopped glassing I looked up from the scope and was surprised to see I could still see it.

It was very far away, probably 15-20 miles or so floating over a small range of mountains. I didnt really have anything to compare it to sizewise, but it must have been huge to be naked eye visible that far away.
I put the scope back on it and watched it for about 10 minutes when it disappeared behind the mountains. It moved very slowly with no turns, just drifting along. Like you I looked it up and found that "sky jellyfish" sightings are pretty common and was able to find some pictures online that looked just like it.
It wasnt scary, just strange. I dont think it was a craft of some kind, I think it was alive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cornholio's ghost For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Thanked 46,174 Times in 9,671 Posts

Pretty amazing that this thread is most likely the best thread on this site, and yet MT Patriot, the guy who started it, didnít get an award attached to his username for it. Does this site even use that award feature anymore?