Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-14-2019, 11:32 AM

Default Tactical pens?

Advertise Here

Does anyone have one? I am tired of crushing plastic click pens at work. I do warehouse work. Was wondering if a cheap tactical pens might be worth the investment.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2019, 11:49 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 23,584 Times in 8,738 Posts

I edc one I bought off A for $15. I bought the first one for a niece, that can't pack her pistol into work. It's a very nice writer. Hard for me to open with damaged hands.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Mule

I've had a few. They're not great as weapons, just like a kubaton. They also kind of suck as pens because they're so heavy. Just get a Parker or something else metal bodied.
The Following User Says Thank You to BearShark For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2019, 01:35 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,257 Posts

I was on a kick for a little while where I wanted a tactical pen. I just never found one I liked. Some were freaking huge and stood out like a sore thumb. Some were just too gimmicky.
I ended up with a smaller, kind of like a small kubaton thing on my keyring. It was advertised as a tactical pen, I think, but I sure wouldn't want to get in s fight with it.
What I like about this one is it's inconspicuous size makes it easy to carry so I always have a pen with me. It also uses a space-pen type ink cartridge so no matter how it was oriented in my pocket, it starts writing straight away with no shaking, scribbling. And it writes in water on my waterproof tablets (Write In The Rain brand, I guess)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Hiker

I got a Gerber Impromptu because I wanted a clicker. Price wise it seems to be more on the expensive side of most tactical pens - I've seen them from $45 to $65 on Amazon. I used some gift cards I had to purchase mine.

I've had mine for about 4 years I think now. Writes very good. I've smashed it through thick cardboard at work. Used the window breaker to pick at things here and there.

Overall all I'm happy with it and it's part of my EDC.
https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Improm...g%2C200&sr=1-1

But if you want something sturdy and cheap in the warehouse, have you tried Zebra pens?
https://www.amazon.com/Ballpoint-Ret...sr=1-3-catcorr
Old 09-15-2019, 03:25 PM

Never seen the need for a tactical pen since I'm not trained in using one, but could see them useful if you wanted a tough pen. The only one I carry is the little one that fits in my wallet. That being said I just seen a video on YouTube where someone took two different model zebra pens and made one all stainless steel pen. Probably cheaper, lighter and less "tactical" looking than an actual tactical pen, while still being tough.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:06 PM

It’s not a tactical pen, but I’m a big fan of the B3 Aviator. It has a twist-to-select mechanical pencil, black/blue, and red pen. It’s metal and fits nicely in jacket pockets, pants, and flight suits.

https://www.officespecialties.com/na...RoCHDIQAvD_BwE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	364D6109-FAAA-4279-B945-743FAFF2DDDF_1568581580958.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	291818  
Old 09-17-2019, 09:33 PM
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeeS1983 View Post
Never seen the need for a tactical pen since I'm not trained in using one, but could see them useful if you wanted a tough pen. The only one I carry is the little one that fits in my wallet. That being said I just seen a video on YouTube where someone took two different model zebra pens and made one all stainless steel pen. Probably cheaper, lighter and less "tactical" looking than an actual tactical pen, while still being tough.
I just take the Fisher Space Pen cartridges, wrap them in electrical tape to fatten them up and make them more durable and then apply some heat shrink tubing. It's like $0.15 in additional materials and I get the tiniest pocket pen which is actually really comfortable to write with. A cap can be made from any thin flexible plastic and a little more heat shrink tubing. Now granted I probably wouldn't be doing this if I was burning through pens all the time because those cartridges are expensive and the rubberizing takes a few minutes of work.