Advertise Here

Old 09-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,649 Times in 5,685 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I always said those Chinese were smart!
Our CEO at the time thought it was a GREAT idea to encourage all of us to write our various representatives and senators supporting China's entry to the WTO and with most favored nation status.

I didn't agree and some of my coworkers wanted to take me to task over it. And today, Motorola is but a shell of what it once was.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Legendary

Thanked 2,154 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
If you know something different, present your facts & statistics or sit down.
You would ignore any of the reports.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cavalcade of Events For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 18,512 Times in 6,302 Posts

Let's try some raw numbers from the St. Louis FED:

https://www.economicgreenfield.com/2...bruary-1-2019/

Not stuff washed through the Yahoo/WaPo spin machine.

Notice that the first year or so of Obama ran unemployment to the moon? It took his entire eight years to get it back to where it was in 2007 !

This is the same sort of rubbish that the CAGW people use. Cherry-pick your starting point and anything can be "proven".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,327 Times in 7,294 Posts

Quote:

Notice that the first year or so of Obama ran unemployment to the moon? It took his entire eight years to get it back to where it was in 2007 !

This is the same sort of rubbish that the CAGW people use. Cherry-pick your starting point and anything can be "proven".
I don't pay much attention to unemployment numbers. Some if out of a job long enough drop of the total number of people available to work. Such a dropout counts just like they got a job. There are other ways that number is messed with from time to time.

I look at total number or full time employed. If you look at that under President Bush in 2007 the number hit 121.09 million. Obama did not equal and exceed that number until 2015 when the full time employed hit 121.49 million. This means in 7 years Obama created less than a half-million jobs actually 400,000. Obama's high came in 2016 at 123.73 million . In 2018 President Trump hit 128.52. This means Obama created 2.64 million jobs in 8 years while President Trump created 4.79 jobs in 2 years. So Obama's job creation rate was .33 million [330,000]/year. While President Trump's job creation rate has been almost 2.4 million [2,395,000]/year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
I don't pay much attention to unemployment numbers. Some if out of a job long enough drop of the total number of people available to work. Such a dropout counts just like they got a job. There are other ways that number is messed with from time to time.

I look at total number or full time employed. If you look at that under President Bush in 2007 the number hit 121.09 million. Obama did not equal and exceed that number until 2015 when the full time employed hit 121.49 million. This means in 7 years Obama created less than a half-million jobs actually 400,000. Obama's high came in 2016 at 123.73 million . In 2018 President Trump hit 128.52. This means Obama created 2.64 million jobs in 8 years while President Trump created 4.79 jobs in 2 years. So Obama's job creation rate was .33 million [330,000]/year. While President Trump's job creation rate has been almost 2.4 million [2,395,000]/year.
But did you adjust for population growth?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
But did you adjust for population growth?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
No and there is no need. Full time employment is full time employment. It is a discrete number. [It is like saying there are 20 student in a class. That is a discrete number. How many students are in the school is not relevant to the count of the class.] It is not adjustable. Adjusting a number makes it subjective to who decides what about adjustments. If one adjust for population one would need to consider those too young to work full time; those too old or disabled; those still in school or not after the selected employable age. All of these factors make the number subjective just like the unemployment number. The number of full time employed is an objective measurement of the people working full time.

Once again, based on you question, I cannot figure out if you are that dumb or if you think I am that dumb.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Militant Normal

Not going to disagree that the full-time employment stats are better than unemployment. I happened to run across that site by accident, and of course just had to post it.

A not-insignificant feature of Obama's reign of error was the large number of people who, having run out their unemployment benefits, filed for and were given SS disability status, which has ballooned the Social Security entitlement, while also making the unemployment numbers look better for him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Militant Normal

Employment as a percentage of population is one of Denninger's hobbyhorses. It would make some sense to look at it, absent the millions of illegals working in the labor "black market".

Any case, that number doesn't allow you to make any comparison between the Halfrican and Trump.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Not going to disagree that the full-time employment stats are better than unemployment. I happened to run across that site by accident, and of course just had to post it.

A not-insignificant feature of Obama's reign of error was the large number of people who, having run out their unemployment benefits, filed for and were given disability status, which has ballooned the Social Security entitlement, while also making the unemployment numbers look better for him.
Yes but many have a hard choice now. SS disability is about 90% of full SS, if I remember correctly. That is based on highest 10 years earnings. For many that is not much to live on. Earnings are limited and still stay eligible for disability.

That may have sounded good when Obama was President but now people are working and earning more and buying more and living better.

Those that took the easy way out then will find life harder and harder.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 33,506 Times in 8,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Papist View Post
Opposing the Marxist, POS Barry Obama makes one a racist? I voted against him because of his world outlook, and not due to the fact he had a black Muslim father. But, Barry did profit very well from his time serving in elected offices.
Barry is a **** stain on America’s history.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,123 Posts

Not just China but the rest of BRICS and over forty emerging markets worldwide.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:16 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
Not just China but the rest of BRICS and over forty emerging markets worldwide.
What does that even mean?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:03 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 21,962 Times in 9,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
What does that even mean?
BRICS is an acronym for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa... some banker decided these were the “up and coming” economies.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
BRICS is an acronym for Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa... some banker decided these were the “up and coming” economies.
I know BRICS. I did not understand the context. I agree but that has come and gone like the move to have the EURO become the reserve and oil trading currency.

The reason they have failed is because both the EU and BRICS have too many individual country central banks. Each central bank must operate in the best interest of their country. This always puts more than one of them in conflict with other and the best interest of the consortium is always secondary.

Your statement is correct plus not some think cyber currencies are "up and coming".
Old 09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,123 Posts

Not just some banker.

The rise of the global middle class

Ongoing since the mid-1980s, starting with the rise of Japan and the Asian tiger economies, then China and Vietnam, etc., with several U.S. companies partly owned or controlled by foreigners.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
Not just some banker.

The rise of the global middle class

Ongoing since the mid-1980s, starting with the rise of Japan and the Asian tiger economies, then China and Vietnam, etc., with several U.S. companies partly owned or controlled by foreigners.
Yes we are in a global economy. Nothing will change that. Some central bank and their currency might replace the USD some day. It will not be a group BRICS or the EU for reasons I stated above.

It is funny. All my life we wanted the world be become a consumer based middle-class. Now that it is becoming a reality everyone is afraid.

I can remember when everyone thought Japan would own the USA. LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Legendary

Thanked 2,154 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
But cherry-picking a starting point is exactly what you are doing. Not only that but willfully ignoring the fact that Obama entered the Presidency with a country enduring a near 8-percent unemployment rate. By the end of the first year, it had risen to 10 percent. That's a continuation of a trend that was happening before he took office. It was a global economic crisis. Not something caused by one year of his policy.

Why ignore that?

Anyhoo, after the next seven years, unemployment reached the lowest point in over ten years. When Obama's time was done, it was a net gain of nearly 12 million jobs from when he took office and over five times more than what was created under GWB. In his last six years, the 75-month growth rate of adding jobs was the most in modern history.

As opposed to actually judging the data presented in the articles I linked you to, you attack the source. Highly predictable. Improvement was widely seen across the board in most measured areas of economics. That is a fact. You either had to have been living under a rock or be in absolute denial to argue that the economy was far better off at the end of Obama's two turns than it was when it started.

My bet is on the latter since you have no apparent interest for crediting him with anything. Anyone with an IQ over 50 is cognizant of the fact that things got better economically in this country while Obama was in office, not worse. It's really not that hard to comprehend the data provided.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 31,193 Times in 6,706 Posts

^^ One can cover up how bad any economy by spending $12 **TRILLION**. I asked if anyone here knows where that money went, right after the Obama admininstration; I'm still waiting for an answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 03:12 PM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,902 Posts

Quote:

Blaming Obama for the unemployment rate when he assumed office is like you getting blamed for your incinerated home after an arsonist tipped a gallon of gas through the letter box followed by a burning TV Guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Militant Normal

Obama's policies delayed recovery by at least 5-6 years.

And let's not forget that the 2008 crash was a direct and long foreseen (by some) consequence of the sub-prime mortgage lending policy forced upon the banking industry by Clinton cabal. That was not, it's true, Obama's personal fault. He only exacerbated the downturn by forcing Obamacare on the nation. Not to slight the War on Coal, which drove an aluminum smelter in my county to close; 1000 jobs lost there alone, ignoring the miners put out of work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post: