Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 09-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 3,968 Times in 1,033 Posts

Advertise Here

ANYONE REMEMBER the TWILIGHT ZONE
A SMALL TALENT FOR WAR?

An ambassador (John Glover) from an alien race arrives and claims that his race had genetically engineered the people of Earth. He tells the quarrelsome members of the United Nations Security Council that his race is displeased with Earth's "small talent for war," as they have failed to produce the potential that the aliens had nurtured. When the ambassador announces that his fleet will destroy all life on Earth, the Security Council pleads for and is granted a 24-hour reprieve to prove Earth's worth. With the survival of humanity at stake, the Security Council and the General Assembly negotiate an accord for lasting global peace and present it to the alien ambassador.

The global peace agreement brings great humour to the emissary. The aliens were, in fact, seeking a greater talent for war, as they had genetically seeded thousands of planets to breed warriors to fight for them across the galaxy. Humanity's "small talent" for war (crude weapons, petty bickering over borders) is not significant enough to be of any use to them. And he laughingly states that—worst of all—the people of Earth long for peace. As the ambassador calls down his fleet to destroy the Earth, he thanks the Security Council for an amusing day and their "delightful sense of the absurd." His parting comment is "...as one of your fine Earth actors, Edmund Gwenn, once said: 'Dying is easy—comedy is hard.'"

Who knows?????
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,410 Times in 3,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
I served too and witnessed some pretty horrific **** myself brother. I won't argue that people are prone to fight over whatever differences they care to pick from. People in general are a mess.

I would point out however that I think the world is much less brutal than it once was. Some areas that's not true at all. No one knows that better than troops that have btdt. The middle East and Africa are way behind the curve. Given enough time ( provided they don't start a really big war ) they too will change. It's slow and at times hard to see any progress at all but it's there if you look.

Change which is what evolution is doesn't happen overnight.

I have to try and be optimistic about the future of humanity. Hard as it is, especially having seen and done things that comes with warfare, I try. Otherwise I'd lose the little bit of sanity I've got left and life would be pretty bleak and pointless.

All things being possible dude. The human race has the potential to do pretty much what the majority wants. We've proven that over and over throughout history. What was once impossible becomes not just possible but reality.

Just as folks a few hundred years ago couldn't even begin to fathom the things we now take for granted we do the same as we wonder what the future will be like.

Even insanely smart people like Newton COULDN'T imagine computers, satellites and space travel or a cell phone......just consider that and realize that what we consider impossible is no different than all the other impossibilities from the past.
There are some good comments here but I'd ask you temper your optimism with realism.

I believe in God and the book of revelation. I also believe no human invention can alter human nature, and human nature is sinful, arrogant, selfish and violent.

There is an end, our existence as a species is finite, whether it's tomorrow or 1k years from now, there will be an end, and we won't be able to prevent it. Whether we destroy ourselves or it is the return of the Lord, there will be an end to humanity. And that doesn't mean you need to be depressed or lose purpose in life. You can live a grand life and he very happy and have a fulfilling existence and still accept that we as a people will eventually cease to be. The weight of humanity shouldn't, and doesn't rest on your shoulders. It is also out of your control. Be happy and enjoy life divorced from delusions that the human race is some exception to the universe, history repeating itself, etc. We are but a blink in time and space.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 41,951 Times in 12,983 Posts

For those of you wanting the latest news from the party...
Ancient Aliens will be live streaming on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/ancientali..._-JyNth3OyTtOs
Old 09-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 18,763 Times in 6,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
There are some good comments here but I'd ask you temper your optimism with realism.

I believe in God and the book of revelation. I also believe no human invention can alter human nature, and human nature is sinful, arrogant, selfish and violent.

There is an end, our existence as a species is finite, whether it's tomorrow or 1k years from now, there will be an end, and we won't be able to prevent it. Whether we destroy ourselves or it is the return of the Lord, there will be an end to humanity. And that doesn't mean you need to be depressed or lose purpose in life. You can live a grand life and he very happy and have a fulfilling existence and still accept that we as a people will eventually cease to be. The weight of humanity shouldn't, and doesn't rest on your shoulders. It is also out of your control. Be happy and enjoy life divorced from delusions that the human race is some exception to the universe, history repeating itself, etc. We are but a blink in time and space.

Sorry bro I disagree.

The choice is ours to make and nothing is set in stone.

No disrespect but I do not believe an ancient text written by people that thought the earth was flat is the way to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
Sorry bro I disagree.

The choice is ours to make and nothing is set in stone.

No disrespect but I do not believe an ancient text written by people that thought the earth was flat is the way to go.
You can disagree all you like. My take is supported by science.

Humans are stupid creatures and we will become extinct. How you feel about it on an individual level is irrelevant.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Quote:

Humans are stupid creatures and we will become extinct. How you feel about it on an individual level is irrelevant.

I HAVe no doubt about it.

We spend billions of $$$ just in this country to give other people useless crap and we do nothing about what every scientist on the planet says is going to happen with total and absolute certainty..
which is a giant rock is going to smack this planet SO HARD it will kill just about everything on this rock.
AND
we COULD do something about it, but that would mean we wouldn't be able to give away free cell phones and other feel good crap.

IF the world concentrated on the problem, we could probably save this planet...
but who cares????????????????????????????????????
The Following User Says Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 07:43 PM
Just some guy

Quote:
You can disagree all you like. My take is supported by science.

It's not about how I feel about anything.

Begging your pardon but I'm confused about which take you have that's supported by science. Please clarify.

I won't argue that humans can be pretty dumb but we also are pretty dang smart. That's undeniable.

With all other life forms their extinction was completely beyond their control. I think humanity has started to transcend that and very soon will be the only thing that could bring it about.

Not denying this COULD happen but it certainly doesn't have too. Again, that's a choice.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:54 AM
Living The Dream

Some facts to add to the discussion.

- We can't leave the planet, but we're working on it. As long as we don't self terminate as a species first, we have some probability of avoiding extinction on earth.

- We have a limited capability to detect/intercept/redirect comets & asteroids on collision courses with earth, but we're working on it. Man has recently demonstrated the ability to land on these and has tested redirection.

- Most humans are concerned with daily life/survival. A few humans are working on long term survival. Many humans are working on improving our technology.

- Anyone who "believes" our future is predestined has become pessimistic. I too am disillusioned by how humans treat humans, but not all of us are the same.

- Just being on this board is an indicator I'm not planning to let our leaders and general population make my family extinct on this 3rd rock from the sun or another planet.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
It's not about how I feel about anything.

Begging your pardon but I'm confused about which take you have that's supported by science. Please clarify.

I won't argue that humans can be pretty dumb but we also are pretty dang smart. That's undeniable.

With all other life forms their extinction was completely beyond their control. I think humanity has started to transcend that and very soon will be the only thing that could bring it about.

Not denying this COULD happen but it certainly doesn't have too. Again, that's a choice.
Science = mathematics here. Including statistics.

It is mathematically unreasonable to assume we are the only intelligent life in the universe. It is also mathematically unreasonable to conclude we are any kind of exception to any law of nature or similar. It is mathematically absurd to conclude we as a species won't or cannot be extinguished like any other.

If you believe in science then you believe in trends, if you believe in trends you can't dismiss the trends of stupidity and violence, and every other detrimental emotion or ambition that has caused human distress and loss since recorded history began capturing human behavior.

In short, your idea that we are "transcending" being at the mercy of the universe around us is imo absurd and ridiculous, and not based or grounded in any kind of sound logic or reality.

Like I said from the beginning of our little 1:1 in this thread, I think you refuse to admit or come to terms with the fact that we are a blink of an eye in time and space, as a species, nevermind an individual. You refuse to accept that insignificance, and only your life with suffer, because ultimately your feelings on the subject are was quite irrelevant, as are minex or any other persons. The universe will go on, long after humans are a memory.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Just some guy

Something is getting lost in the translation brother cuz I agree with almost everything you just said. Either your reading more into what I actually said or my failings as a writer strike again.

Dunno. No worries though.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Just some guy

Especially that last part.

I never said mankind isn't insignificant. No idea where you get that idea.

I'm kinda getting the feeling your hostile here, correct me if I'm misreading you, and no idea why.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Born 120 years too late.

THERE are 2 options and one choice to make in life.

1- extraterrestrial alien life forms exist
OR
2- extraterrestrial alien life forms do not exist.

NOW, if one looks back to the depth of recorded history there have been reports of UFOs, aliens for thousands of years by just about every civilization that had written history. The numbers of reports from around the world by all sorts of people of all races, are over the tens of thousands. Reports have been made by military and civilian pilots, police, all sorts of respected professions by people who are supposed to be observant.
NOW
for extraterrestrial aliens to not exist... ALL those reports are by people who have been delusional or just plain wrong for those thousands of observations over thousands of years... they ALL have to be wrong.
OR
extraterrestrial aliens do exist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
THERE are 2 options and one choice to make in life.

1- extraterrestrial alien life forms exist
OR
2- extraterrestrial alien life forms do not exist.

NOW, if one looks back to the depth of recorded history there have been reports of UFOs, aliens for thousands of years by just about every civilization that had written history. The numbers of reports from around the world by all sorts of people of all races, are over the tens of thousands. Reports have been made by military and civilian pilots, police, all sorts of respected professions by people who are supposed to be observant.
NOW
for extraterrestrial aliens to not exist... ALL those reports are by people who have been delusional or just plain wrong for those thousands of observations over thousands of years... they ALL have to be wrong.
OR
extraterrestrial aliens do exist.
That's all true but there's more answers to the question that I find more compelling.

Now I'm not sure when exactly it started to come out but it hasn't been long that we've known just how many planets are out there. More importantly, how many are in what we call the " Goldilocks " zone.

On top of that many scientists are convinced that liquid water is essential to life. Again, we haven't known it for long but there's actually moons in our own solar system that a lot of astronomers are very excited about because there's evidence for liquid water on them.

Last but not least, certain forms of life on Earth ( extremophiles ) have been discovered in places once thought of as too harsh an environment for life under conditions most certainly likely on other planets.

Given all that plus the mathematical probability given the sheer numbers of stars and planets.....it's hard for me to imagine that life elsewhere doesn't exist.

If life on Earth was made up of rare elements seldom found anywhere I'd be more skeptical of life elsewhere but the fact is life on Earth is made up of the most common elements in the universe. The " stuff " we are made of is EVERYWHERE.

I'm certain some kind of life exists elsewhere. Again it may be so different that we don't even know it's right in front of us. That is a possibility. Consider that all life on Earth shares dna and just look at the vast differences in the millions of lifeforms on earth. Imagine how different and bizarre life we share nothing in common with could be.

Intelligent life that's mastered interstellar space travel....that's a life form so advanced I seriously doubt human beings would even be recognized as intelligent.

A mere 2% difference is all that separates man from the chimpanzee. Take that a step further and understand that the intelligence gap between man and interstellar space travelers is way more than 2%. It's likely 90% or higher.

We wouldn't even rate as high as the chimp. To such beings we'd be like bacteria.