Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,657 Times in 18,614 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
There should be a poll to this thread. I believe we are in the end times. That is, within a decade of the 2nd coming.

Regarding your quote of Jesus; the fig tree represents the re-establishment of the Israel nation. This happened in 1947. Jesus said that generation would not perish before the end times. We are getting very close.
I agree that we're very close but not sure about the "decade" timeline. Anything is possible but I believe that the entire world will be under Globalist control for "a time, times, and half a time" before "the end." We'll know for a certainly just how close we are when we're told by the Beast System of government that we MUST accept a mark to buy or sell.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,627 Times in 10,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I agree that we're very close but not sure about the "decade" timeline. Anything is possible but I believe that the entire world will be under Globalist control for "a time, times, and half a time" before "the end." We'll know for a certainly just how close we are when we're told by the Beast System of government that we MUST accept a mark to buy or sell.
SSN. Can't get bank account debit card or credit card without one.
Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,045 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy:
There should be a poll to this thread. I believe we are in the end times. That is, within a decade of the 2nd coming.

Regarding your quote of Jesus; the fig tree represents the re-establishment of the Israel nation. This happened in 1947. Jesus said that generation would not perish before the end times. We are getting very close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
We need no poll. We are undeniably in the end times. The END TIMES began with Adam's SIN, which brought DEATH into the world. The KJV has Jesus saying, "...But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only...". The only plausible conclusion that can be drawn is that the END is one day closer than is was yesterday.

That's all anyone can possibly know. One's earthly life can end at any time and any place. Fruit trees, political boundaries, phone calls and footlockers, let them all be damned. Repent NOW. God willing, there will be no tomorrow.
IF this IS the end times should we not be on the lookout for a new revelation of doctrine?

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

From 12:9 we can see that the disclosing or unsealing of the angel's words (12:7) will not happen until the time of the end. Therefore, we can say with assurance that this verse bears witness that there will be an unsealing, disclosing or revealing at the time of the end.
Therefore may I once again suggest that, in the end times, we will be given a new understanding, that is, a revealing of that which has been sealed previously.

This verse also tells us that the understanding of the new disclosures will not be possessed by everyone, but that this blessing will be possessed only by the wise, that is, the purified. I also suggest that because the verse says that it is the wise who shall understand, some in-depth study might be required to understand the new disclosures, that is, that these new revelations will not be blinding visions of light, but that they will most likely appeal to our reason. Stated another way, they will be doctrinal, that discipline that requires so much discipline.

And from the NT also:
John 16:25 These things have I (Jesus) spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Which time was Jesus referring to? Was He speaking of a time more in the future (say like this time)? Well, if it was a time more in the future, then He would be referring to a future doctrinal revelation, would He not?

I guess that one way to tell the time of its fulfilment is to ask ourselves whether we (that is, our educated commentators) yet plainly know of the Father, or whether we do not have it so plainly yet? In other words, do we understand the Bible plainly, or does it yet speak to us in proverbs?

Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."

9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10 I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Very interesting, no? As a sign of the last days, a "scroll" or KJV "little book" a diminutive form of the Greek biblos or in English, bible.

Since 'book' or 'scroll' denotes writing to me, I suggest that eating is a metaphor for reading the scroll and is used so we can get the analogy of sweetness and bitterness/ sour taste into the metaphor. To continue with the thought would take us to: I read the words on the little book and at first I thought they were very wonderful and gratifying (sweet) but later as I dwelt upon their meaning, I found them hard to digest, (sour in my stomach), that is hard to accept in their full meaning. This leads me to consider that in the last days a new revelation will be learned that at first seems great but then makes us scared or dismayed as we learn its implications.

In the context of the next verse:
Revelation 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. This person who read and studied until he understood the words in the little book must go out and be a prophet from the Lord, probably teaching us the words/ideas/revelation of the little book.

Since we all know the warnings of Rev 22:18:For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: I'd also suggest that this new revelation is probably more correctly called a new understanding of a previous revelation similar to the way we got a new understanding about the Messiah from Jesus and the Apostles.

So I guess we had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught.

Might not such an occurrence put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book?

It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttruscott For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,627 Times in 10,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
IF this IS the end times should we not be on the lookout for a new revelation of doctrine?

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end....

So I guess we had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught.

Might not such an occurrence put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."
Isn't that confounding a human explanation with an angelic message of new doctrine?