Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 07-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,166 Times in 595 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
Not to drag us TOO far off topic, but in 1940/41 the "war party" if you could call it that was pro-Stalinist, although not openly. People opposed to war weren't necessarily chicken, just not enthusiastic about helping out the Red Menace. We now know from the KGB and Venona files that Stalinist agents of influence in the State Dept. were manipulating FDR into war with Japan. The idea being to keep Japan from taking over Russian territory on the Far East. Worked, too. We got sucked in, and very nearly defeated Hitler only to have Stalin waltz into western Europe.
/rant

What parallels can be drawn to Iran I can't speculate. Only to keep our eyes and minds open to subterfuges. The open activity of Kerry ought to give us pause, for example. Who is he fronting for?
The dem party prop commie? Tell me it isn't/nothing every really changes.

It is sad how little note that Venona received. The progs STILL/recently parrot their fiction that Sen Joe McCarty was wrong/crazy/____. HE WAS RIGHT. Russian Communists did/do control the hearts of the dem party. The Chicoms only wish their $ were buying as much dem loyalty as Moscow receives for free.
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2019, 10:09 PM

The Backstory to the story:

Trump didn't (and doesn't) have to take any overt military action against Iran. The Iranians just screwed themselves over.

This first part of the backstory is from around 01.31.2019.

Quote:
In a move sure to unleash fury from the Trump administration, the European Union has announced it has set up a transactions channel with Iran to bypass US sanctions. The launch of INSTEX — or "Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges" — by France, Germany, and the UK will allow non-dollar trade with Iran and is being described as facilitating humanitarian goods-related transactions only, including food, medicine and medical equipment.
Link is: Instex - Part of the Story

Here's how INSTEX was 'supposed' to be run:

Quote:
INSTEX will reportedly be based in Paris and run by a supervisory board chaired by the UK and managed by a German banking expert, and has further been described in European media as "expandable,
What's anyone's betting that the UK is going to be a party to INSTEX now?

That was part of PM May's 'grand plan' which is toast these days. See: Boris Johnson & BREXIT. And after the self immolation of Deutsche Bank these last few weeks, Germany has lots bigger problems than Iran.

So what does Iran do? Apparently in frustration, they basically try & kick sand in the face of the UK. Stupid.

Remember, INSTEX was supposed to be the way to work around SWIFT. That was 'Plan B' for Iran and the EU and everybody else. Iran just blew it up - best case they just punched a bunch of holes into it, causing some substantial delays.

And Iran would have likely been the biggest beneficiary of INSTEX. Talk about making an unforced error.

Realize, Trump didn't have to do much of anything, and Iran just wasted at least 9-10 months on a Plan B that just crashed and burned. That's time and resources they just didn't have to waste.

This has been a pretty awesome financial play. Remember an old line: "I love it when a plan comes together". It just did.

Last edited by small.business.guy.1; 07-21-2019 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Incorrect Acronyms
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to small.business.guy.1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 04:26 AM
Militant Normal

Thanked 18,496 Times in 6,295 Posts

Thanks for the bit of insight, small.business.guy.1

Now I'm thinking of a dictum usually attributed to Napoleon: "Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake".
Old 07-22-2019, 07:59 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 65,101 Times in 20,003 Posts

Rudy Giuliani is such a security issue. He was on Fox News basically laying out the plan of attacking Iran.

Boasting that he was just in a meeting with 50 countries and a bunch of generals.
basically conventional bombing to take out their nuclear program and navy.
He even discussed pros and cons of nuking some of the harder targets.

they need to find an old folks home for that guy. With a lock on his door.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60618395...#sp=show-clips
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:00 AM
Golfer

Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
Only reason we took care of business in WW2 was Pearl Harbor. We had plenty of cowards back then who wanted to mind our own business and let Japan, Germany, and Italy rule the world.
Well said. There are plenty of people in Iran today who admire the USA and hate the mullas. If we launch a sneak attack on their country it will unite them, just as Pearl Harbor united us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:19 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,235 Times in 8,778 Posts

Iranians are Persians, not Arabs, for one thing. I wasn't thinking about them being Muslim at all. I was thinking about them being in a region in which we loosely refer to all the people of that general area as Arabs. You know, as I do, as soon as we hit the Iranians they will call upon their "brothers of the sand to fight off the American dogs." All the while they will be sneaking in Russian and other communist help from where they can get it.

This is the kind of fight that the Chinese Communist Army could have been preparing for over the years. The Chinese would not have to use a fleet to get the bulk of their troops to the area, supplies could be flown or maybe even driven by truck to the scene in convoys and with forethought the Chinese could even march or transport by trains hundreds of thousands of troops over land to give strength to the Iranians.

https://www.ft.com/content/e964a78e-...6-444ab5211a2f

So between the American Democrats, the Chinese Communists and the Iranians, treachery is alive and well overseas because John Kerry is there to assist them all.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:21 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,235 Times in 8,778 Posts

As for the oil fields...

http://www.oil-price.net/en/articles...revolution.php
Old 07-22-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
When you said "oil field", I thought you were referring to one field, and not the entire fracking industry.

Yes, Fracking is recovering a lot of oil.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:35 AM

Iran arrests 17 "CIA Spies" . hands out some death sentences.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...082615926.html
Old 07-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Golfer

Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
Iran arrests 17 "CIA Spies" . hands out some death sentences.
At least the CIA is doing its job with boots on the ground. They depended on satellites and telephones and 3rd parties in the run-up to the "Saddam has WMD" claim and that didn't work out.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:40 PM
Honyock

The "muslim world" is at least as divided as the "western world". Shiia, Sunni, and a plethora of other variations enthusiastically kill each other when they are not killing infidels.

An attack on Iran by most anyone would be supported by Saudi Arabia and a number of other Arab countries because they see Iran as a threat to them, for good reason.

That doesn't mean they will not attack the "attacker" if enough others attack first, not to support Iran.

Don't attempt to analyze the Middle East by your standards of logic, you will be far off.

But something we all should think about: we have enough problems at home, we should Be Prepared !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Randal For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,569 Times in 5,675 Posts

The Saudis have good reason to fear Iran. Iran hasn't forgotten how they were introduced to the "Religion of Peace".
Old 08-26-2019, 08:32 AM
Honyock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
The Saudis have good reason to fear Iran. Iran hasn't forgotten how they were introduced to the "Religion of Peace".
Iran and Saudi Arabia are both "religion of peace", Iran Shiia, Saudi Sunni. No love lost between them.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:58 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Randal View Post
Iran and Saudi Arabia are both "religion of peace", Iran Shiia, Saudi Sunni. No love lost between them.
You missed my point. The Persians originally did not subscribe to Islam. The Arab hordes shoved it down their throats.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 18,496 Times in 6,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
You missed my point. The Persians originally did not subscribe to Islam. The Arab hordes shoved it down their throats.
Historians of Islam no longer subscribe to the "conquest" scenario. They now think that a weak leader invited Islam in. My library is in an uproar at the moment or I could cite the books and authors. One I remember as being "The Impact of Islam". I'll try to find the others.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
Historians of Islam no longer subscribe to the "conquest" scenario. They now think that a weak leader invited Islam in. My library is in an uproar at the moment or I could cite the books and authors. One I remember as being "The Impact of Islam". I'll try to find the others.
Had they said France and the United Kingdom I would tend to agree.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post: