Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Just One More Gun

Default Beretta 92 AIWB Holsters

Advertise Here

Greetings all.

Winter is coming, which means I'll be able to carry my full size handguns again. Like the title says, I'm looking for a new appendix holster for my Beretta. Without getting into a positioning war, I like appendix, so lets just keep with that here. I'm Just looking for specific suggestions at this point.

I'm looking at Vedder and Keepers Concealment pretty seriously right now. Anyone have some experience one way or the other?

As a brief aside, this holster may be doing double duty with a new 92X Compact without the rail, so keep that in mind.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,632 Times in 4,323 Posts

Dont have any experience with those two.

I did pick up an AIWB from Badger State off EBay for about $35. I dont normally carry my 92's, but I wanted a holster to have for practice and if I were to need one.

Ive worn this one a couple of times now during practice, and it works fine. Seems to be well made. Fits the three different models of 92's I have like a glove.

I still prefer the Balde Tech Ambi Klipts and Suarez "Gunfighter" holsters, but they didnt have them available for the 92's. If they had, I would have gone with one of them.

This is the Badger State.....

Old 08-10-2019, 06:28 AM
HMFIC

Thanked 1,729 Times in 639 Posts

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/AIWB-Holsters.html

I bought their original 'george' several years ago. It was pretty expensive, and it was before they had the v2.0, etc. It's a good holster, but it doesn't fit my particular belt well. If I was going to buy another AIWB, it'd be one of the wing claw models, with the 'pull the dot' soft loops.

I bought a hybrid leather/kydex holster at a local gunshow. I carry my 92C in it from fall to spring. It's not specifically an appendix holster, but it does work well there, and I greatly prefer leather over kydex.

And winter coming? It's august...it'll be in the 100s+ here next week with the index. Outside of work, I wear shorts into Oct. We might get 3-4 months of bigger gun carry weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Just One More Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/AIWB-Holsters.html

I bought their original 'george' several years ago. It was pretty expensive, and it was before they had the v2.0, etc. It's a good holster, but it doesn't fit my particular belt well. If I was going to buy another AIWB, it'd be one of the wing claw models, with the 'pull the dot' soft loops.

I bought a hybrid leather/kydex holster at a local gunshow. I carry my 92C in it from fall to spring. It's not specifically an appendix holster, but it does work well there, and I greatly prefer leather over kydex.

And winter coming? It's august...it'll be in the 100s+ here next week with the index. Outside of work, I wear shorts into Oct. We might get 3-4 months of bigger gun carry weather.
I like leather for my older guns, but for my carry guns I like Kydex. Personal preference. I will look into the JMs though.

I live in Montana. Last winter was September-May. AO I get some pretty good big gun weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
Dont have any experience with those two.

I did pick up an AIWB from Badger State off EBay for about $35. I dont normally carry my 92's, but I wanted a holster to have for practice and if I were to need one.

Ive worn this one a couple of times now during practice, and it works fine. Seems to be well made. Fits the three different models of 92's I have like a glove.

I still prefer the Balde Tech Ambi Klipts and Suarez "Gunfighter" holsters, but they didnt have them available for the 92's. If they had, I would have gone with one of them.

This is the Badger State.....

The Badger State looks interesting. I wonder if it would pull the grip far enough back to keep it from printing on me when I'm not wearing a coat.