Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protecting livestock from fallout / radiation jrtatonka Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 22 11-27-2018 06:16 PM
In Case Of Nuclear Blast Uteguy Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 13 10-01-2017 11:55 AM
What am I missing? sisterpine Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 07-05-2017 12:09 PM
Obtaining Super Powers, Part 2 Ian Treloar Jokes, Humor & Music 8 04-03-2017 01:21 PM

Old 09-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,503 Posts
Default Radioactive forests

Advertise Here

Remember how animal repopulated the Chernobyl site after the reactor melted down and leaked? The same thing is happening at Fukashima in japan.

Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2018, 10:08 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,204 Times in 4,273 Posts

Fukushima contamination was very minor.

The Japanese reaction, an extreme overreaction. I'll have to hunt a little for the link but I read a very interesting article showing that far more people where killed in car crashes from the evacuation than would have died if they all stayed in place. (which would have been 0) and thousands are dying every year from their shift back to fossil fuels.

Either way, animals do better with a little radiation and no people than they do otherwise.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 12:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,396 Times in 6,820 Posts

The media blew Fukushima up FAR worse than the nuke plant did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 04:22 AM
Will run deep into forest

This is very sensitive topic. You should understand that we are not told truth about such disasters.

I could tell more but it's better to read an original source. PM me if you want.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Emergency Planner

Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalour View Post
This is very sensitive topic. You should understand that we are not told truth about such disasters.

I could tell more but it's better to read an original source. PM me if you want.
And if you believe the above, I have real estate to sell you in Montana.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,389 Times in 7,308 Posts

Video not what I expected. Thanks

Note statistics used but scientist were careful not to draw conclusion with small sample sizes. The 65% decline in radioactivity was a surprise and good news to me given only 60 months had passed.

Long term life of the wildlife might me expected but the lack of defects and continued flourishing is also encouraging.

Given this was a very bad tragedy it is encouraging to note it does not hint at the end of nature as we know it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,396 Times in 6,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Video not what I expected. Thanks

Note statistics used but scientist were careful not to draw conclusion with small sample sizes. The 65% decline in radioactivity was a surprise and good news to me given only 60 months had passed.

Long term life of the wildlife might me expected but the lack of defects and continued flourishing is also encouraging.

Given this was a very bad tragedy it is encouraging to note it does not hint at the end of nature as we know it.
Most of the very bad tragedy was how the whole thing was reported, is still reported, and how people reacted to all of the BS pushed by the media.

The incident itself was just a disaster, and the man who sacrificed himself to check things out should never be considered a tragedy, though it was tragic.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 07:43 PM

I read most of the problem with Fukashima was the fallout escaping into the water. Not land based. *shrug*
Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 PM
Cat and parrot whisperer

Thanked 1,912 Times in 755 Posts

Maybe it's like in the new Godzilla movie...everywhere the radiation goes, life BLOOMS up and incredibly quickly?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:48 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 23,592 Times in 8,738 Posts

Some people claim that the Soviet Union failed because of the inaction and delays getting people out and the truth of what happened revealed the lies. In college I did a directed study in radio-chemistry.

I tell the no nukes folks that radioactivity existed before we learned to split atoms. At the INEL (largest concentration of reactors on the planet) EBR-2 which I think is still operational, they have to keep the back up coal pile outside the fence or it sets of the rad alarms.

When Cher blew, the boys at the INEL were one of the first to state there was a reactor issue somewhere in the world - due to their high tech monitoring.

Some of the 3 mile island core is buried on the site. When they were looking to get the state permit for that specific location my buddy and I had some questions. They checked into the answers and moved then scheduled the re-containerization of the stuff like 20 years sooner than expected. Good for them for checking and doing something about it. I could tell you lots of stories about that place - but they would likely try and kill me again.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Emergency Planner

Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemeyer007 View Post
When Cher blew, the boys at the INEL were one of the first to state there was a reactor issue somewhere in the world - due to their high tech monitoring.

Whoever told you that is full of it. It would have been weeks before fallout from Chernobyl reached Idaho. Iíll try running a simulation later to see how long it takes.

Our ICBM launch detection satellites picked up the explosion, which is how we found out about it. But as far as fallout detection, Sweden was the first non-Soviet country to sniff it out. They originally thought it was a problem with one of their plants because workers coming *into* their plants triggered a contamination alert.
The Following User Says Thank You to CONELRAD For This Useful Post: