Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-31-2020, 10:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 29,170 Times in 6,998 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
NYC and stupid just seem to go together BUT how do you "run out of space in the morgue". Such that you line up freezer trucks and fill them with bodies.

Record the info, load the bodies on a vehicle and BURY THEM. CREMATE THEM.

What is WRONG with you retarded big city freaks?
And they couldn't find a better place to park them? The people are dead, load them up in a u-haul van and drive them to a closed industrial area. Consolidate the morgue at a single location, rather than have running meat lockers sitting in parking lots and streets next to the hospitals where gawkers can watch them load bodies.

I swear they're doing that simply to get the news to broadcast it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:01 AM
Outside the box

Thanked 7,430 Times in 2,095 Posts

Maybe, or maybe it's a logistics/manpower issue , time $$$ issue etc. etc.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Willow, pretty much every hospital in Houston with an ICU has corona patients and I do not have permission to share the information. Suffice to say ICU nurses of Corona patients are going home and gossiping with their neighbors in the driveway. If I read my aunt correctly, this nurse has small kids at home. If I were working with pandemic patients I would not be going home to my kids. Just reckless and stupid for someone in the medical profession. I can give my aunt a pass.

Of course. Your aunt gets a pass because she doesn’t get it. Maybe. Just maybe those in the medical profession, putting their lives on the line, are doing their very best to protect their family.

It’s easy to sick back and preach when vending machines don’t caught in your face. You have the luxury of not dealing with sick patients who may infect you and your loved ones. Please don’t think for one second you are in a position to judge those putting their lives in harms way.

Get over yourself
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RLD For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2020, 11:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,691 Times in 1,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Well, you start with a hospital which is overfilled, and then that tends to spill over into the morgue, and making arrangements is hard at the moment i'd imagine. Especially with the amount of people dying at the moment. I've seen the morgue of 2 hospitals around me and those can hold a good amount of people, but less than you might think.

And that's without any religious or rights group raising a ruckus over the "dishonorable handling of the bodies" or whatever.
Yes US hospitals are not known for strong proactive leadership (about like gov't schools).
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,691 Times in 1,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I suppose it is because they are trying to still allow the families to have some sort of small memorial service with the dead bodies.

I am amazed that humanity still requires the dead body of the deceased to gather an memorialize their life and console the immediate family.

After death I think the bodies should be disposed of using whatever means makes the most sense. I think the Klingons said it best in one of the episodes. But that is just me.

I know how terrible it is to lose a loved family member, but haven't we finally emerged from the darkness?
"Bad news does not improve with age". Mass burials now or in June? Which makes more sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:16 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,088 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
Yes US hospitals are not known for strong proactive leadership (about like gov't schools).
Its killing me that the concept of privatization was a rouse to allow corporations to seize an industry to make profit, and using standard business models to cut costs and trim expenditures so thin that it hurts the patients and staff.

I am NO Bamster-death-non-care advocate, but the system as it is now is this way BECAUSE of the profiteering mentality of the Private Equity Firms and other "foundations: that seek minimal costs to huge returns.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soocom1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:12 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 26,859 Times in 9,557 Posts

RL, I am not blaming the nurse I am sure my aunt called her over to talk.

I am just saying, if you have loved ones you want to protect you minimize daily exposure if at all possible. Someone nursing sick patients on a vent is much higher risk than the meat guy at Walmart.

I am not seeking out high risk people to socialize. I am staying home and using my keyboard I make ONE trip outside a week aside from work.

At work I am at a high risk people are coming up to me all the time, right in my face, the smoking area is right outside so I never know if the person coughing in my face is "just" a smoker or infected, I cannot turn them away, I am forced to handle large amounts of cash (coins and bills) during my shifts, riding public transit to/from, that is ENOUGH I don't need more.

The woman across the street works and wears scrubs. I am not talking to her and she isn't talking to me, we are both happy with that arrangement.

Happily, in my case my doctor took a page out of my book. Years ago I had a very infectious, nasty, head cold and we did a phone appointment. He remembered that and is now doing phone only for his stable patients (me). So I don't have to take a ride from my aunt to/from.

I don't blame the nurse at all but I would never socialize with one caring for Corona patients in this climate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:28 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 19,822 Times in 5,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
Yes they do. That's not the issue here.

The obvious point is that you don't need to have an infectious dead body in the room to hold a memorial.

The last memorial I attended had no body... just photos of the deceased, and everyone there was invited to share their memories of her. It was lovely and very moving. The bereaved shared their grief and the sense of loss was bound to recognition of the woman's beautiful legacy.
On March 7, I had to go to my Younger brother's memorial service. He died from a severe stroke that split his brain stem in half, killing him instantly. We did have his Urn full of ashes but we had a blown up photo of him sitting on a table at the front of the church. What is really bad about his passing is that I have had to deal with all of this **** and never had time to grieve him, and until it is safe to breathe again, I doubt I will have time to think about it much.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:39 PM
Possum Lover

Ghost, I lost my Mom and my Grandma (very close) within a month of his accident. I had to put grief on a shelf for a while until the crisis was over.

If my Dad gets this he will not make it, I have to accept that. My husband is also at very high risk.

I have to put things in a box for a while, I don't know if it is healthy or not but I have to stay functional.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Ghost, I lost my Mom and my Grandma (very close) within a month of his accident. I had to put grief on a shelf for a while until the crisis was over.

If my Dad gets this he will not make it, I have to accept that. My husband is also at very high risk.

I have to put things in a box for a while, I don't know if it is healthy or not but I have to stay functional.
I will grieve the loss of my brother when I have a moment to. Right now it is just too important to not get distracted. One moment of distraction can prove to be fatal to not only myself but so many more that I care about. I stand to lose my mother, my grandfather, my stepdad, and my wife, as well as I am a little older and not as bullet proof as I used to be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:11 PM
I am interrogative, yes.

Thanked 1,676 Times in 411 Posts

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ghost.

This seems trivial in comparison but I'm peeved I have to go get my car emissions tested. I put it off until the last minute because the department of motor vehicles has been changing their requirements, for example driver's licenses get an automatic extension, and most of what you need to do in their offices you can now do online. I was hoping they'd give us an extension on the emissions testing requirement, but no. I have to drive to the testing place.

If they insist on getting into my car, I'm not getting it done. I'm driving so little these days that I'd rather risk the expired tags, or if I don't need to pick up a lot of stuff I'll just take my housemate's car instead or something. I'm not risking getting a deadly virus just because my state's DMV couldn't get their freaking act together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrayFoal2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:43 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 58,147 Times in 13,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFoal2 View Post

This seems trivial in comparison but I'm peeved I have to go get my car emissions tested. I put it off until the last minute because the department of motor vehicles has been changing their requirements, for example driver's licenses get an automatic extension, and most of what you need to do in their offices you can now do online. I was hoping they'd give us an extension on the emissions testing requirement, but no. I have to drive to the testing place.

If they insist on getting into my car, I'm not getting it done. I'm driving so little these days that I'd rather risk the expired tags, or if I don't need to pick up a lot of stuff I'll just take my housemate's car instead or something. I'm not risking getting a deadly virus just because my state's DMV couldn't get their freaking act together.
I had to do it. One guy did the test, drove the car in and out of the bay, did the paperwork while I sat alone in the waiting room. He wore gloves but no mask. I disinfected the surfaces inside the car after I got home. This was a couple of weeks ago. My truck is due as well, but I might just wait a couple of months since it hardly ever gets driven. Maybe by then the dot gov will get a clue and forgo the emissions testing. I can register all my vehicles online if no emissions test is required.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFoal2 View Post

Thank you for your condolences. I for one am kind of glad they did away with the inspections here in Florida years ago. But I do see the upside to it also considering some of the pieces of crap I have seen on the road.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 02:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,170 Times in 6,998 Posts

Nebraska's Governor cancelled all out of state turkey hunting permits for the season. If this event doesn't end or flares back up in the fall, I could see hunting affected. Pheasant season brings a lot of out of state hunters. A loss of hunting seasons could affect people who hunt for food.

https://www.1011now.com/content/news...569248661.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 02:41 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 58,147 Times in 13,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
Nebraska's Governor cancelled all out of state turkey hunting permits for the season. If this event doesn't end or flares back up in the fall, I could see hunting affected. Pheasant season brings a lot of out of state hunters. A loss of hunting seasons could affect people who hunt for food.

https://www.1011now.com/content/news...569248661.html
Some of my relatives have gone to SD to pheasant hunt. There used to be tons of them in my AO until all the habitat was wiped out by subdivisions. When I was a kid we had them in the backyard. The dog caught one out of season. We ate it anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 03:53 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 18,509 Times in 4,414 Posts

Well just pondering, repeatedly, and I have seen no one say it but some other people MUST have been given it a thought, that this was a perfect vehicle to take advantage of by terrorists ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper View Post
Well just pondering, repeatedly, and I have seen no one say it but some other people MUST have been given it a thought, that this was a perfect vehicle to take advantage of by terrorists ?
the FBI ended one attempt of a domestic terrorist to bomb a hospital. And even though they stopped that threat I am sure there are others out there that are just waiting for an opportune time. I hope they catch them all, because we have enough to worry about with this virus to have to worry about idiots as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:23 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,156 Times in 3,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
the FBI ended one attempt of a domestic terrorist to bomb a hospital. And even though they stopped that threat I am sure there are others out there that are just waiting for an opportune time. I hope they catch them all, because we have enough to worry about with this virus to have to worry about idiots as well.
Heard of a railway being sabotaged in Germany. Loosened the tracks over a long stretch. First driver going over it noticed it and called it in. Could have been a disaster otherwise. It was a line which had passenger trains on it for sure, don't know about cargo.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:41 PM
Possum Lover

Have to take my senior cat to the vet tomorrow, not urgent but I want to get her some antibiotics. They are doing curbside so I have no idea how that will work for us.

I hope it is not more stress for my old lady (cat).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 05:51 PM
White Hat

Thanked 12,575 Times in 2,093 Posts

This is so NOT COOL... literally.

It has been 3 WEEKS since my symptoms began, and I was starting to feel normal again. No fever for days, no cough or wheezing or crackling in my lungs....

But this morning I was sweating so I checked my temperature... and I have a fever AGAIN.

I am beside myself. My cat is still sick (though he's improving), and my husband who is working out of state is getting symptoms. Fortunately he can work from "home"... but it ISN'T his home, it's a short-term leased apartment in a state where he has neither family nor friends to take care of him.

I CAN'T be sick anymore! I have to be able to go take care of him if he gets sick! And his mom, too... I have to be able to take care of her...

This is so NOT cool...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paravani For This Useful Post: