Obama to Ban Weapons in U.S. Without Congressional Approval - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rand Paul: President Absolutely Needs Congressional Approval To Go To War With Syria Eduardo89 Political News and Discussion 22 08-31-2013 03:26 PM
Mitt Romney vs. Ron Paul, Round 2: Congressional Approval For War Sled Dog Political News and Discussion 2 04-18-2012 10:04 PM
Congressional approval at all-time low of 9% blackkitty Political News and Discussion 7 10-28-2011 12:03 AM
Obama decided he doesn't need Congressional Approval for Lybian War. Creek Walker Political News and Discussion 22 06-19-2011 03:52 PM
Obama Approval Drops 10% in Polls jungatheart General Discussion 18 03-10-2011 06:09 AM
Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among Independents Steverino General Discussion 2 07-09-2010 03:57 PM
Obama Approval Lowest Since his Election PA Mountain Man Political News and Discussion 19 06-24-2010 10:11 PM
Obama Daily Approval Ratings.... the1badger General Discussion 1 12-14-2009 03:03 PM
Obama's approval rating down Chilibean13 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 32 02-14-2009 09:50 PM
Congressional approval ratings drop to single digits. ready1 General Discussion 9 07-09-2008 12:42 PM

Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 PM
RH-O Negative

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,498 Posts
Default Obama to Ban Weapons in U.S. Without Congressional Approval

Advertise Here

I just got an email from Gunlaws.com http://www.gunlaws.com/Page9Folder/PageNine-63.htm stating that Obama announced, in Mexico, that he plans to support an international firearms treaty that could severely limit and outright ban firearms in the U.S.

Has anyone else seen or heard about this?

Quote:

"In a stunningly clever move, president Barack Obama, speaking from Mexico, announced support for an international firearms treaty that could have far-reaching effects on U.S. gun ownership -- without needing to pass legislation and deal with normal congressional representation. See item #1 in the Page Nine report below. If ratified by the Senate, the treaty, which is already written, would become law and supercede even the U.S. Constitution, as specified in the Constitution itself (Art. VI)."

http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mastersergeant For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM

It became null and void as soon as the words left his mouth, and the states can seceed any time they wish now, as the covenant of the union has just beed disolved, and no state is obligated to conform to a union that is not governed by the constitution.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Less law not more prisons

Thanked 1,764 Times in 585 Posts

The phrase "from my cold dead fingers!" comes to mind.

All I got is me a 9mm pistol I won from gambling with a buddy of mine,
But it's still mine darnnit, and and those sleazeballs 2000 miles away from me darn sure
are not taking it away from me.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cyber-hazard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Prophet

so what do you do if this happens?
dig up all your guns and fight? i hope you have a good surgeon.
and if you lived, i think the gov would label you as a terrorist, and you'd end up in prison.

as much as i like guns, and want the right to carry either openly or concealed, i think this will be a losing battle if it is real. civilians just don't have the firepower to fight this openly. it would be lambs to the slaughter...

the only thing we can do is approach our politicians, and try to convince them that this is wrong. remember they are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

man. i hope this report is wrong... but i doubt it.
The Following User Says Thank You to almac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,795 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by almac View Post
and if you lived, i think the gov would label you as a terrorist, and you'd end up in prison.

as much as i like guns, and want the right to carry either openly or concealed, i think this will be a losing battle if it is real. civilians just don't have the firepower to fight this openly. it would be lambs to the slaughter...

the only thing we can do is approach our politicians, and try to convince them that this is wrong. remember they are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

Wake up neighbor! They work for us because we have the power to overthrow them, because of the 2nd Amendment. I'm sure some felt the same way, when faced with fighting the mighty British Empire. Thank God they did fight.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:

This is a defeatist attitude. Civilians may not have the firepower, but the military does. Do you actually think there won't be active duty military, and National Guard forces that won't go along with this. They all swore an oath to the Constitution not to the United Nations Charter. Texas has already voiced thier opinion on these matters and they house two thirds of the US Armor Forces, as well as an entire Armored Division as their National Guard.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rolbsned65 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

wait this sounds like I may have brought something like this up before??
https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=48788
Old 04-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Grouchy Infidel

Thanked 3,189 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:

Please don't take this personally.

Your attitude is one of personal perspective, not national, to us it isn't the personal right, it is the collective right, it is the freeman's right. There is a reason Americans still possess weapons to the magnitude we do, the very bones of our country depend on its citizens being armed. The 2nd Amendment isn't about goose hunting, at its root is our defense against tyranny. We won't go easy into that darkness.

Further, you are assuming we are small in number and without training or resources. This is not the case, there is a reason the Oath to Defend the Constitution is written the way it is. There is a reason for the 10 Amendment and States rights. Half the country if not more will secede if this is true. We don't bow anymore. Period.

I will point out no treaty can be ratified without 2/3rds vote. Over 66% would have to be in favor for the ratification of a treaty to be accepted. IF, and again it is a big if, they got the 2/3rds then that Russian was right after all, America will be split apart before the end of 2010.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SmokinOnion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 PM
RH-O Negative

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,498 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinshooter View Post
wait this sounds like I may have brought something like this up before??
https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=48788
It does sound similar, but apparently Obama agreed to the treaty while in Mexico this week.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersergeant View Post
It does sound similar, but apparently Obama agreed to the treaty while in Mexico this week.
I understand, but everyone was assuring me this couldnt happen in my post...
and well now it looks like it may be, but hopefully not
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coinshooter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Grouchy Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinshooter View Post
I understand, but everyone was assuring me this couldnt happen in my post...
and well now it looks like it may be, but hopefully not
It can't legally happen, the President cannot simply sign a treaty and it become law, ratification of any treaty requires a vote. It would be political suicide for every turdburgler who signed something like that, perhaps more than just political suicide.

Unless they really want to establish a friggin Monarchy this won't happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmokinOnion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Hiker

if he tries to push this on american some nutball is going to try and take him out. but i agree that if he pushes it, it will be political suicide and will prove that he is a moron.
The Following User Says Thank You to sayter liften For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Prophet

sorry guys. i didnt mean to insult anyone.

i guess im just bummed with everything going on up here in canada.
here the masses believe people with guns are criminals...
the libs are controlling everything, and dont want the people the be able to protect themselves... i can only suspect what is coming next.

peace
al
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to almac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Young Adult

they can have my gun when the pry it from my cold dead hands.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Abominable Toaster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:52 PM
PPG flyer

Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:

Yes dig your guns up,and give them to those,that will fight for your freedoms.
Because if they get our guns,they then come for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aubb For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 PM

One can only pray that this will not come to pass, but I have a bad feeling about this.

This is why I say this, and maybe it's just because I've had my head in the sand, but I would like to hear people's take on this. It's only been 88 DAYS. 88 Days ago, you could hardly say even one of these things was growing critical. Severe, yes.. Critical, no.

We now have active fighting in countries on both borders because of drugs. Sure, we've had drug cartel positioning in the past, but not full blown WAR. The timing of this seems much more than coincidental.

We have people like Gerald Calente predicting the worst collapse of our economy ever, right around the corner. It's too bad he's been right about every other trend he has predicted since the 80's.

We have a whole bunch of nut-jobs, shooting people, and they are pinning it on us average citizens that support the 2nd amendment.

We have people getting kicked out of their homes in numbers that rival 3rd world countries, because of the cost of living going up too high for people on fixed incomes, property taxes, last years gasoline prices, etc. They are having to move into tent cities in MULTIPLE states.

We have a goodly percentage of our troops overseas, with 40,000 more going to afganistan, and not here at home to PROTECT us.

We have the government attempting to render our arms useless, by nearly getting the military to ban the re-use of spent brass, and sending the ammo market into a tailspin.

We have statements that would make anyone quake in fear of their government, calling regular people "Terrorists"

We have Homeland security ADMITTING that they have been spying on all of us since november.

We have quadrupled the national debt to over 11 trillion dollars, and STILL have people out of work, with the unemployment numbers rising by over a half million each month.

Does anyone see a pattern here, or is it just me?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Solo_1_2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Grouchy Infidel

Quote:
sorry guys. i didnt mean to insult anyone.

i guess im just bummed with everything going on up here in canada.
here the masses believe people with guns are criminals...
the libs are controlling everything, and dont want the people the be able to protect themselves... i can only suspect what is coming next.

peace
al
No need to apologize really, at least from my perspective. I understand where you are coming from and I figure I know why. You are correct, liberal sheep think guns are evil thus anyone who has them must also be evil.

This is actually a natural order and happens with every civilizations. As the sheep become comfortable and ever searching for "safety" they "baby proof" the society, or try to. Inevitably horror and atrocity return to the sheep, wipe out millions, somebody fights back, re-sets the counter. In a few hundred years or less same thing happens all over again. As soon as the horror is forgotten the banning starts.

Frackinsheep
The Following User Says Thank You to SmokinOnion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 12:05 AM

Oh, and I forgot the nationalizing of banks, Industry, and soon to be media, because they are "too big to fail"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solo_1_2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Grouchy Infidel

I hear ya Solo, I have to say it is a helluva coincidence if it isn't by design.

Personally I got a bad feeling but I've had it for a while.

I do believe things have a 60% chance of turning real nasty.

I can hope it ain't so, but while I'm at it I am taking precautions. All the things we talk about on the forums are for a reason, some where deep in most of us is this sinking feeling and thus we do what we do.

I would encourage those with families to not only plan your bug out route but also plan a bug out route where you may not be with them. I have.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Scrounger

Those old enough will remember the typing mantra, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.". This is no longer taught in our schools because defense of the country by those who are actually part of the country instead of those who think they ARE the country is no longer in fashion. While I cannot confirm this report as more than scuttlebutt, it is interesting to see what all is coming out of the cracks. Just this week, I have heard that the Secretary of state has possibly given China imminent domain in case of US default on all of our debt that they own, and that BHO had, as National Command Authority, given the order to the Seals on the destroyer off Somalia that they were not allowed to fire and that a peaceful resolution MUST be reached. On top of this, the head of the justice department has blamed our second amendment for the rise in weapons in Mexico in a publicly recorded statement. We currently have an administration that views all gun owners as threats to civil society. The only advice that is applicable at this time is "Know your environment and be aware of what is happening in YOUR country".
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GhostRunner For This Useful Post: