Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glock 17 high capacity magazine RoanokeYankee Pistol and Revolver Forum 10 07-30-2014 10:50 PM
Walther PPK Magazine Capacity circa 1979 Watch Ryder Pistol and Revolver Forum 19 04-30-2014 06:41 AM
Magazine capacity bans are a step by step plan for a backdoor semi auto ban. thelaststand Firearms General Discussion 23 05-20-2013 07:57 AM
NORMAL magazine capacity is NOT 5 rounds, but 30. Festes General Discussion 4 03-31-2013 10:24 PM
Would a magazine capacity ban influence caliber selection? old corvus 41 Pistol and Revolver Forum 52 03-16-2013 09:04 AM
Hi capacity magazine ban proposed in arizona SCUBADIVINGJOE Firearms General Discussion 60 01-29-2013 01:02 PM
SKS Compromise - light ammo carry, high capacity magazine Redneck Survivalist Rifle Forum 14 07-05-2012 03:42 PM
Magazine acquisition - Anit Large Capacity Ammunity Feeding Device Act Ted Pistol and Revolver Forum 17 06-02-2011 05:27 PM
Connecticut High Capacity Magazine Ban AmericanPatriot121 Rifle Forum 4 04-29-2011 08:39 AM

Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,107 Times in 314 Posts
Default One of the best videos on the magazine capacity ban

Advertise Here

This is probably one of the best videos on the magazine capacity ban issues. Way back in the 90ís the NRA and others took out politicians and the media to show them the exact ďresultsĒ what is shown in the video. In every case the media/politicians ignored what the results were.

So they promote the ban saying it will stop gun shooting. I know from experience that in a shootout with more than one criminal a bigger magazine really helped out. Plus all my friends that have been in one say the same thing. Iím sure that all of you that have been in one can say the same thing

Itís about a 14 minute video
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to burdock41 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Prepared

exactly. If a mass shooter wants to strap 20 15 round magazines to his chest he has 300 rounds. If he wants to strap 30 10 round magazines to his chest he still has 300 rounds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alkalinerephlux For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Joshua 24:14-15

Thanked 2,172 Times in 708 Posts

I think the video makes some great points and I would like to expand upon the video in a few ways.

This video attempts to show that the politics of banning standard capacity magazines are not helpful or realistic. To go a step further they will actually put good people at a disadvantage against evil people who are there to kill them.

I would add to this video that we are the first responders when something goes wrong. In my local area the average response time for the police is 12 minutes. Banning standard capacity magazines would truly limit my ability to protect my family. Not only would it limit my ability to protect my family, but you can be sure that bad people will still have standard capacity magazines. It is also likely that we will face multiple attackers showing even more reason for us to keep our right to standard capacity magazines.

One more thing to consider is that this video shows what the attacker has the ability to do if he is properly prepared. The innocent homeowner or bystander will likely not be carrying as many magazines as the prepared attacker when the fight for life occurs. This makes it all the more necessary for the homeowner/innocent bystander to be prepared and to have the ability to use standard capacity magazines.

To further demonstrate my opinion I'd like to use the VA Tech shooter as an example. He killed 32 people and injured 17 others in two attacks. He accomplished this with 19 magazines. Some of them had 10 round capacity (restricted mags) and some were 15 round (standard capacity). He had chains and locks to lock people in. Now lets say this happens at our mall or at one of our schools. Lets say that a good citizen hears the killing spree and attempts to stop the killer. How many magazines do you think the average person carries (that has a concealed handgun license)? Lets say one, maybe two or three? Would you want that good citizen limited in the number of rounds he could carry in a magazine if he was attempting to protect your children or wife? We all know that the bad guy already has the upper hand and he is certainly not concerned with following a magazine restriction law. The killer may have a backpack full of magazines. There may be multiple attackers like at Columbine. They may have explosives, like at Columbine.

Seek good information. Speak to firearms instructors or people who have been in a fight for life. Find out how things really happen. Don't listen to politicians who have an agenda rather than your safety in mind.

Lets not allow agenda pushing politicians to limit good citizens when we know that evil people will break those laws anyway.

Keep in mind that many of these gun grabbing politicians really want all firearms and this is just a first step towards that. Even then we know that bad people will still be armed, just like they are in other countries that have taken this path. We know that bad people here will actually make a living selling those newly illegal firearms just like they do in selling illegal drugs and human trafficking.

Still yet, none of my points cover that this right is not theirs to take away in the first place. They are overstepping. We must not allow this to continue.

We have a DHS that is preparing for war while we are allowing politicians to frame the discussion around what firearms we are allowed to have. We must stand together.

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/s6f...0kdp12uow4cnm6
Old 03-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Prepared

I think any kind of mag restriction is complete crap....... That being said, ole "Jim" is firing a lot faster for effect when trying to make his point.
The Following User Says Thank You to SNAFU For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Outlander Territory

Thanked 6,340 Times in 2,475 Posts

Great video, although one thing I thought was particularly interesting was how much Jim sped up his trigger-pulling when he was using the smaller capacity mags. Not a criticism, just an observation.
I do like the revolver vs semi-auto comparison though. A mass shooter might be willing to purchase that many firearms to use in a rampage, but very few home owners/ CC citizens are going to be able to afford that many just so they can have enough fire power.
The Following User Says Thank You to DuneElliot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 124,442 Times in 24,613 Posts

Magazine capacity makes negligible difference when only one party is armed, and all the difference in the world when they both are. Criminals will never obey the laws, so I need what they have.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,300 Times in 6,218 Posts

i seen this yesterday and thought about posting it , yes a good video thanks for posting