Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-31-2020, 07:19 AM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Thanked 15,408 Times in 3,055 Posts

Advertise Here

90 Yr Old Woman Dies From Coronavirus After Refusing Ventilator, Tells Doctor To Save It For Sick Younger People

https://iharare.com/90-yr-old-woman-...ounger-people/

30-year-old DJ who battled leukaemia for two years dies of coronavirus after selflessly telling doctors to ‘save someone else’

http://www.uppbuzz.com/entertainment...f-coronavirus/
Quick reply to this message
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cdevidal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:26 AM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Don’t ease up now, Italy. A second wave is possible.

Italy saw the smallest increase in new cases since its outbreak began, and there were nearly as many recoveries as new infections in the past 24 hours

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...hnk/index.html
Old 03-31-2020, 07:48 AM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Wow cool! My prepper friend’s article made it to ZHedge!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...world-gone-mad
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdevidal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:06 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,248 Times in 337 Posts

Moscow in lockdown

https://youtu.be/5qFRpVnFqZM

German state minister commits suicide over covid19.

https://youtu.be/TSyh0Yv121k
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grannygrump For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Omnes homines resurgere

Thanked 1,794 Times in 453 Posts

When this is all done, I think we all need to re-examine the thinking behind the hordes of city dwellers fleeing in the time of crisis.

I've noticed a lot of out-of-state plates on vehicles in the last few weeks in my AO. New York has been on the top of the list, with provincial plates from Canuckistan close behind. The New Yorkers seem to be headed south, while our friends from the north seem to be killing time.

The one thing they all have in common: They all seem very well off. I've seen more Land Rovers during this stretch than in my lifetime. I also didn't know Maserati even made SUV's - now I've seen 3.

So in a time of crisis, the moneyfolk bolt at the first inkling of trouble. I do wonder....Florida, Georgia and Louisiana are reporting an uptick in cases. I wonder if the affluent refugees might have something to do with it?
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:10 AM
Svensk hamster

Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,960 Posts

Sorry, no source for these pics but the numbers look plausible to me except the fact that an m95 will not protect the people around you if you are sick. This should have been mentioned.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indoorsman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:28 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 26,729 Times in 9,500 Posts

That is why I don't want to be around my aunt right now.

Happily Doc is doing phone appointments only so I don't have to ride crosstown with her.

My cats passed around a cold (mainly sneezing and some congestion) back in late January, they all got it but my old one, but she spent a month at a shelter prior to adoption and had probably already fought it off. They have outdoor access which I think is important, but come inside to use the box, which I find hysterical.

Pheonix, Houston has a huge problem with New Orleans, every time things go bad there they flee to Houston and expect us to take care of them. Katrina is a good example, MOST of them came here, ran the city down, used up social services, sat in free houses for years bitching they didn't get it for life, etc. Just ignorant, entitled, trash. The prototypical gimmedat.

Happily, our gov (Love him!) set up road blocks at the state line. I am sure we have some already but they have been ordered to quarantine. They are having a hard time with the virus in NOLA being a port city and trying, I'm sure, to import it to Houston because everyone knows we have better medical anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:37 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

From what I heard, the roadblocks on the Texas-Louisiana state line never materialized.

It's all voluntary. You are supposed to find a quarantine form online, print it out, send it in and state that you will self quarantine for 14 days.

I am sure they will get a lot of those forms. Sarcarsm

No plan to establish checkpoints

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:43 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,428 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
The article was apparently withdrawn. By the author for editing.

One thing you learn in post secondary studies is not to zero in on one source of information and to lean on information that is supported by all other information, unless you are able to fill in the missing concept that connects the information to the other information credibly with a valid proof of concept.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was taught this in what seems like a long time ago in a different world, simply at high school in the early 90s. It was the reinforced in post secondary studies.

Furthermore, I have noticed that articles from places like snopes, that claim to debunk that covid-19 was lab made, are absolutely fixated in there not being a study that can prove with 100% certainty that the virus was not made in a lab.

I say: no gene splicing is required to have created this thing. It may well have been filtered and selected from thousands of other bat or pangolin strains because of its properties. So it can't be ruled out that the Chinese were playing with dangerous viruses.

And who says that monkeys (or humans?) were not infected with both AIDS and a covid-19 precursor to see what crap would arise from trillions of infected cells?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blackriver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:46 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,428 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix13 View Post
When this is all done, I think we all need to re-examine the thinking behind the hordes of city dwellers fleeing in the time of crisis.

I've noticed a lot of out-of-state plates on vehicles in the last few weeks in my AO. New York has been on the top of the list, with provincial plates from Canuckistan close behind. The New Yorkers seem to be headed south, while our friends from the north seem to be killing time.

The one thing they all have in common: They all seem very well off. I've seen more Land Rovers during this stretch than in my lifetime. I also didn't know Maserati even made SUV's - now I've seen 3.

So in a time of crisis, the moneyfolk bolt at the first inkling of trouble. I do wonder....Florida, Georgia and Louisiana are reporting an uptick in cases. I wonder if the affluent refugees might have something to do with it?

Canadians were told to come back. I was in the countryside north of Toronto at the weekend... I have never seen so many new-ish $100,000+ ($200,000+?) RVs parked in farm driveways in my life...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to blackriver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:12 AM
Possum Lover

I saw pictures of the police cars on I-10.

NOLA trash will absolutely bring the virus. They love to come crap all over Houston every chance they get... a more entitled bunch I have never met. I had to ride with them on paratransit and they were AWFUL.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:23 AM
Target Shooter

Italian’s xenophobic culture and mentality are what got them to where they are. If we Americans continue to think masks are only for sickos and sickies, we’ll be next.

I go to Costco and 1 out of 10 people have masks and they are there to buy stuffs and go home. I go to Wally World for .22 ammo and I see families just wondering around like normal. A lot of people still use Wally as a daycare centers for their kids to play with toys. If the schools hadn’t closed down, these kids will be getting your kids sick.

MASK UP and don’t listen to cdc and who. They don’t know anything or just making things up.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to redneck007 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:31 AM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannygrump View Post
German state minister commits suicide over covid19.
Suicide.
By rifle shot.
To the back of the head.
From 300 yards.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdevidal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:35 AM
Sinner w/ a great Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorsman View Post
an m95 will not protect the people around you if you are sick.
There's a difference between won't help at all, and will help somewhat. ANY kind of mask worn on the sick, even a simple piece of cloth, helps somewhat by blocking spittle. It's a matter of degree.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:35 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
That is why I don't want to be around my aunt right now.

Happily Doc is doing phone appointments only so I don't have to ride crosstown with her.

My cats passed around a cold (mainly sneezing and some congestion) back in late January, they all got it but my old one, but she spent a month at a shelter prior to adoption and had probably already fought it off. They have outdoor access which I think is important, but come inside to use the box, which I find hysterical.

Pheonix, Houston has a huge problem with New Orleans, every time things go bad there they flee to Houston and expect us to take care of them. Katrina is a good example, MOST of them came here, ran the city down, used up social services, sat in free houses for years bitching they didn't get it for life, etc. Just ignorant, entitled, trash. The prototypical gimmedat.

Happily, our gov (Love him!) set up road blocks at the state line. I am sure we have some already but they have been ordered to quarantine. They are having a hard time with the virus in NOLA being a port city and trying, I'm sure, to import it to Houston because everyone knows we have better medical anyway.
If only people would band together and protect their own towns and cities. The first simple step is to wear masks and any protective gear you think are necessary. Then you need to shelter in place and protect what are yours.

We donít have HOV at my subdivision but one gated community had already stepped up and block all non-residential access without proper reason for entry. Delivery trucks are now dropping things off at community center instead of going to houses and items are stored and to be picked up 3 weeks after delivery. No delivery of conveniences such as pizza or Uber Eat. They even went a step further by limiting guests to only in-town relatives who have to be scanned for temperature and pass a visual inspection on their onsite nurse. They have the resource to do that and a good thing is that all guards are volunteers and their gate access was already a ID and combo code but now has an addition of 2 people manning and directing delivery trucks traffics. They will fare better than the rest of this town.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redneck007 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 09:49 AM
Possum Lover

I don't know about that, all it takes is one play date with a sick kid. Remember people are contagious for weeks before "feeling" ill.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 10:57 AM
Dismember

Thanked 5,187 Times in 1,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix13 View Post

A lot are fleeing to Texas, too.

GIT THE SHOTGUN, PA!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woozy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:39 AM
Dismember

Thanked 5,187 Times in 1,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdevidal View Post
There's a difference between won't help at all, and will help somewhat. ANY kind of mask worn on the sick, even a simple piece of cloth, helps somewhat by blocking spittle. It's a matter of degree.
This is correct. Lord forgive me for another mask comment, but the information I've seen given on this board is so, so bad.

I also saw a New York state medical official make a comment yesterday that was so completely wrong that it was OBVIOUS that she is uneducated on how different masks work. What she said was idiotic. She recommended a mask with a valve for sick people to protect health care workers. NO. And, if a health care worker has been exposed, they can infect others with their outgoing breath.

N-95/N-100 masks come in 2 types. The valved type is a one-way valve, protecting the wearer. That's the little plastic box thingy, on the front. It's a one-way FLAPPER.

THE VALVE IS A HOLE with a flapper valve THAT ONLY LETS AIR OUT!!!!! This means that if you are infected, your germy breath is blown out the flapper hole!. Please people. IF YOU PUT IT ON A SICK PERSON, BAD AIR IS EXHALED!!! It only protects the wearer!! GAH! Wear a valved mask to protect yourself. IT DOES NOT PROTECT THE OTHER GUY FROM A SICK valved mask-wearer.

ANY solid mask will protect somewhat against droplets from BOTH DIRECTIONS. If a person is mildly ill, this would work. But you have to be careful. A person who is seriously ill could be harmed, because ANY mask that works also impedes breathing.

Apologies for being repetitive, but the bad information is so dang persistent.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to woozy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:47 AM
Lost in the Woods

Thanked 1,759 Times in 444 Posts

Some of this has already been discussed here but the last article on Forbes really got my blood boiling. This is a note I had emailed to friends earlier today (and yes I know there are political overtones and conspiracy theories galore that we have separate threads on) as these things keep cropping up more and more:

I continue to be dismayed by the politics being played on who is doing what to whom in the fight against the coronavirus. One of the ongoing issues is of course the issues regarding PPE and ventilators. Look at these while 3M is struggling to make 35 million masks per month here in the US. Then ask yourself why there were skeptics when Trump asked how a local NY hospital could see there mask needs jump from 10,000/day to 300,000/day. I am not in the loop and certainly not a healthcare person but is mask consumption really up 30 times normal in a given facility? Someone else can comment that knows more than I do but I didnít think these facilities were seeing 30 times more patients.

How much are these issues artificially induced to score political points or to make a quick fortune? Call me a skeptic.

A few days ago the SEIU Ďfoundí 39 million masks in warehouses in Georgia and Pennsylvania. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...oronavirus-ppe

A San Jose PD supervisor found Ĺ million N95ís sitting in storage. https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/...ovid-19-fight/

And here is an article from Forbes where brokers are buying and selling medical equipment and in one recent day 280 million masks were sold to foreign buyers and getting ready to be shipped overseas.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddi.../#3edf745456d4

There appears to be a growing body of 'stuff' that will make for some interesting articles/books in years to come after we get through this. As Mr. Spock says 'Live Long and Prosper".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fastowl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 11:48 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,248 Times in 337 Posts

I’m wondering are many people not wearing masks because they don’t have them? Can’t buy them. Few people sew. Bet they don’t have a choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grannygrump For This Useful Post: