Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-29-2020, 06:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,885 Times in 2,006 Posts

Advertise Here

Mostly depends on the attitude of the next Head Commie in Chief.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2020, 06:26 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 20,556 Times in 5,832 Posts

"When in doubt, pull out...."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:37 PM
SoJer

Thanked 5,069 Times in 1,603 Posts

Many fine points made, Agree with most.. But, one small quip to add: Definitely DO keep using "Wuhan Virus". It's Not 'waayciss', it's Truth.

..This is NOT a 'turn the other cheek', moment.. Need to point the finger on this one where it belongs..

jd
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJ_51 View Post
Many fine points made, Agree with most.. But, one small quip to add: Definitely DO keep using "Wuhan Virus". It's Not 'waayciss', it's Truth.

..This is NOT a 'turn the other cheek', moment.. Need to point the finger on this one where it belongs..

jd
Just ignore them. If it is not illegal...say and do as you like.
The Following User Says Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
Mods if you want to move this I understand, but I'm posting it here because it's a bigger issue than the wuhan virus.

Looking back and looking forward, how should we change our relations with china?

How do we hold them accountable for the plague they caused?

How do we prevent the next one since we can't trust them to do it?

How do we alter trade given the pitfalls of globalism we are currently suffering from?

While it's tempting to say, "turn china in a radioactive firebreak" let's be realistic. This is an important conversation that needs to happen.

Here's a fairly non-political podcast about wet markets. (I scanned it with AVG and it's virus free)
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...trade/12028484
nothing can be done to stop these from happening. The big take away was when china threatened to not sell us medical equipment because we were calling it the chinese virus.

We need to move mfg to south america and bankrupt china.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to txprep For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 05:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,669 Times in 5,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
**** China. Sever all ties and levy sanctions against them. Lying, shearing, stealing pieces of ****, all of them.
Pretty much.

...and in the absence of coordinated action by our government and/or companies to do this it is going to become the patriotic - even moral - duty of every shopper to leave anything "Made in China" to rot on store shelves.

Quote:
Venezuela says hello. Moving it out of the first world to try and get a second golden egg out of the goose today was how we got into this mess. Bring it HOME. Only trade with New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the UK, EU, Eastern Europe, Israel, and Russia.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:01 AM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 6,497 Times in 2,259 Posts

We, the US, need to end our relationship with China and the whole world needs to hold them accountable for the illness, deaths and wrecked economies!

They have been and especially now, are a global menace!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 11:13 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 10,093 Times in 2,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprep View Post
nothing can be done to stop these from happening. The big take away was when china threatened to not sell us medical equipment because we were calling it the chinese virus.

While the world can never be made completely safe, things can be done to greatly diminish, damage, or disrupt certain entities and societal institutions which contribute to the creation of these zoonotic disease. Depends on how motivated we are. I'd prefer to avoid WW3. A hammer isn't the best tool for every job.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:57 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 3,850 Times in 2,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Can't, $$ is USA's god.

Beside, we can't survive as we do without China. USA brought it all on themselves....greed.
Exactly, you really cannot blame China for the sucess they have had in the US or anywhere else in the world. It is Capitalism at its finest. They have played us like a fine piano,, and we liked it.

Go to Wal-Mart or any other store and check where stuff is made. China or Mexico. Nothing made here in the US except military weapons, and even parts of that are made by Chinese.

We have to open our eyes and decide what role the US will have in the world. It is as simple as that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:58 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by canningmom42 View Post
We survived for decades without them just fine. Things lasted longer as well.

As long as the media stops spinning this BS the way they are, the general attitude will change, blue collar jobs will come back and we'll be in a much better place again. It will take a while though.
You are delusional in those thoughts...

Old 03-31-2020, 12:59 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere_Man View Post
This is the PERFECT time to break it off with China.
Not really, you will be looking at acute pharmaceutical shortages within 3 months.

Old 03-31-2020, 01:01 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by biathlon View Post
We, the US, need to end our relationship with China and the whole world needs to hold them accountable for the illness, deaths and wrecked economies!

They have been and especially now, are a global menace!
Why and how were they the global menace? A disease started there and as usual the US missed it because of weak HUMINT . Unless it can be proven they intentionally leaked a virus that killed there own people you have no proof.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:07 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
While the world can never be made completely safe, things can be done to greatly diminish, damage, or disrupt certain entities and societal institutions which contribute to the creation of these zoonotic disease. Depends on how motivated we are. I'd prefer to avoid WW3. A hammer isn't the best tool for every job.
Right. The US govt DHS FEMA has been operating with a cold war mentality since the 50s. We are ill equipped to fight a germ. Imagine if a nuke had been dropped. When was the last time you saw a public bomb shelter, a CD sign? A Geiger counter? None of that exists for the US population, at least not the 98% who feed the power and financial structure.

But there are folks that want to nuke China because of a bug. It will not end well. Our knees are weakened. Putin is watching.

Old 03-31-2020, 05:40 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,912 Times in 23,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Why and how were they the global menace? A disease started there and as usual the US missed it because of weak HUMINT . Unless it can be proven they intentionally leaked a virus that killed there own people you have no proof.

You have to be kidding right?

China now requires a chinese hero be included in all the huge disney films.
They included that useless character in the last couple of Star Wars turds they laid. That little pork-pie useless character that has nothing to do with the plot. I have no issue with asian characters in movies. But this was such obvious racial pandering. They barely wrote her into the story. She is like a Pepsi product placement ad. "Put her here, run a couple quick scenes, now let's get back to the movie".

They made Tom Cruise remove one of his campaign patches from his Top Gun flight jacket
https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...a-controversy/

Removed the Taiwan and Japan flags from Tom's flight jacket.
Are we going to stand for that?
China tells us what Tom Cruise can wear?

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...hina-this-year

Holy crap!
I just tried to link an article from CNET called "Marvel is censoring films for China and you probably didn't even notice", and got this message.
Your post contains inappropriate content. Please remove the link and submit again.

"When it comes to scaling China's firewall, Disney has plenty of experience. Aside from turning Tibetan monks into Celts, the Mouse House opted to have Chris Evans' Captain America enunciate heroically into a Chinese-made Vivo phone, rather than an iPhone from US-based Apple. In the Chinese version of Iron Man 3, with a few extra scenes seen only in the People's Republic, Chinese surgeons save Tony Stark's life."

China now requires our speech be censored by facebook, youtube, twitter.

China is conducting an illegal resource and region grab in the S. China Sea and threatens to continue. Likely will invade the PI, Taiwan, etc. Every country in the region is quaking in their sandals.

China has stolen our intellectual property on a massive scale.

China stole this virus from either US or Canadian germ warfare labs. Adn through their incompetence, allowed it to escape. Then because of their screwed up government, tried to hide the danger to the world until it was already too late.

China's substandard crap pervades our society. If you need a drill bit, that chinese thing somebody bought for cheap only looks like a drill bit. It isn't hardened and has some crap metal in it. If you need a hand sprayer to spray bleach to disinfect something, it will leak more bleach down your arm than it will spray out.
Need a little insecticide / fence sprayer? the crap they sell now has a horrible spray pattern. Might as well just use a squirt gun.

Need some powdered baby formula? well they ground up plastic and added it to the mix to make the powder register higher on a protein content test. (which determines the price for the purmula)
You don't mind your baby eating ground up plastic do you? Course not.

And of course, china bribes our politicians to subvert our government.

Sheese. Don't hit me with such foolish questions so early in the morning. Haven't even had my coffee yet.

ps: Also, there is a spell checker on this site that mis-spells key words to change the meaning of posts and tries to make you look like an idiot. Correctly spelled words, so they don't flag red, yet totally wrong words. Probably another gift from china.

I have had to re-edit this post several times to correct them. Without such editing, this post would have been totally unrecognizable.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 06:28 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 10,093 Times in 2,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post

Wuhan virus is just the most recent of many pandemics to start in china. It's a pattern stretching back centuries. One that is accelerating. Once is an accident. Multiple times is gross negligence and a crime against humanity. Taking action is self defense. No matter how prepared we are for these, it will still be a bad situation. We can't make the world safe, but we can disrupt, damage, diminish the responsible parties. I agree a global war isn't a good solution. The Mossad manage to be quite proactive in Israel's defense without pushing it to the point of war. There are many possible MO's to fight this. Clandestine, economic, social, political, etc. We should utilize them all.

We can end trade with china. It will take a little time to produce substitute goods on some things. Will cost the consumer more. You can't have your cake and eat it too, but it can also create jobs. We have abundant resources. A tangible economic foundation to build off of. With the quickly growing global animosity towards china, we could grind them into the ground if we played our cards right.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 06:50 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,553 Times in 2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere_Man View Post
This is the PERFECT time to break it off with China.
Probably not a good time as US banks are not very keen in lending to the domestic high volume low margin manufacturing sector even in the best of economic times.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,553 Times in 2,351 Posts

We will file the below with 9/11 nano-thermite, CIA created HIV and Ebola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
China stole this virus from either US or Canadian germ warfare labs. Adn through their incompetence, allowed it to escape. Then because of their screwed up government, tried to hide the danger to the world until it was already too late.
Where do you get this stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:42 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,430 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
You have to be kidding right?

If you need a drill bit, that chinese thing somebody bought for cheap only looks like a drill bit. It isn't hardened and has some crap metal in it. If you need a hand sprayer to spray bleach to disinfect something, it will leak more bleach down your arm than it will spray out.
Need a little insecticide / fence sprayer? the crap they sell now has a horrible spray pattern. Might as well just use a squirt gun.
I'm still using the American made drill bits I bought in the early 00s. They have survived other drill bit sets... from China... problem is that often I have no choice, it's either Chinese drill bits or Chinese drill bits. Sometimes Mexican ones that look exactly the same as the Chinese ones...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackriver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,430 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
We will file the below with 9/11 nano-thermite, CIA created HIV and Ebola.

Where do you get this stuff.
Why would someone think the Chinese were up to no good with viruses...

... Perhaps from stuff like this?

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...to-china-66254

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019...ian-laboratory

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...tion-1.5211567

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/03/...freed-on-bond/

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harva...-china-related

Just because covid-19 shows no evidence of gene splicing and the release was not intentional does not mean someone was not fiddling with viruses in China...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blackriver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:06 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 5,939 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadcounsel View Post
Send 'em a bill for the bailouts, then deduct the amount we owe them commensurate with the figure.

Pull out American companies and bring 'em home.

Stop buying China-ware.
This and more of this.

I haven't been pleased at all with China's actions for a few years, you know outside of them stealing all of our military secrets and keeping our shot down planes. This however has really sent me over the edge.

It's time to stop buying Chinese junk, it's time to move our plants home ESPECIALLY our medicine and medical goods. The so-called trade war would be a small increase if I had my way, I'd place 150% tariffs and doing business for any organization that won't pull out impossible.

China is enemy #1 in all aspects of American life.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post: