Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-30-2020, 05:33 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 26,729 Times in 9,500 Posts

Advertise Here

Isn't there aerosol? I would be terrified to be around any Corona patient in that condition.

I don't want her anywhere near my house she has proven to be quite reckless. She had a bad scare one son had an exposure but now she seems to think THEY are all immortal. My husband is not, I am not. If I can't care for him he ends up in a nursing home and all my cats get put down. I can't afford to take chances.

She was going to give me a ride to my doctor but I am going to ask for a phone appointment.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:01 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 18,406 Times in 4,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujet View Post
Our flight department has shut down. I spoke with the boss and encouraged him to keep the aircraft airworthy. As we can't predict if someone in his family will need transportation to an open bed in a hospital somewhere. He agreed, for now. I simply said we could put someone sick in the crew rest area, close the doors and fly with the outflow valve open (it's right by the crew rest) , to force the air out.

My mother in law is in assisted living with what up until now has been mild dementia in Taylor Manner, Jacksonville, FL. One of the residents is now hospitalized with C19 and they fear it's probably spread to others there. I last saw her 2 months ago and we had a nice visit, she was doing very well, lucid and happy to be with us. My wife and I cried last night, realizing that that was the last time we will get to see her alive. She got sick last week and was in the ER for just a night. Now she's suddenly mentally "gone". It's really a horrible feeling to be so helpless.

I'm pretty much staying at home. I do go to the airport every so often at night, drive right to the planes, and crank 'em up for 20 minutes. By evening, the place is a ghost town, so I think it's the safest time. We have 3 aircraft at PBI, G550, PC-12 and EC-135 helicopter.

Cujet , you just never know a 99 year old wheelchair bound gentleman with dementia in a care facility recovered here in Vancouver, BC

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...vers-1.5513820
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:11 PM
Possum Lover

Called my doc to suggest we do a phone appointment, that's all they ARE doing. Good. I did not want a ride with my aunt across town and have her in the same room with my elderly doctor, after her son was exposed and she is socializing with a woman who is nursing intubated Corona patients.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,089 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
Well, I guess I got on somebody's nerves, lol, I just got called a feeble minded dolt and had a low IQ to boot in my own thread. I should be mad but i'm not, just sad. Just trying to help people and that's the thanks I get. Maybe I struck a nerve. Ok, I think that's my q to go somewhere else for a while. Be back later guys.
Don't let people get to you, it's just an internet forum. I like your posts and I am sorry you , and some others on here are in such a scary situation
right now. I can't even imagine.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,077 Times in 5,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Yuck.

My aunt is driving me nuts. A couple weeks ago she had the big family gathering where all the boys, their wives and kids came and had a mini reunion for spring break, stayed with her a few days and then went to the beach.

She said she was staying at home. I called her today, "Oh, I had such a good talk with the neighbor, outside in the driveway, she is an ICU nurse working with Corona patients on vents" (so type L). I'm like WTF you were right next to her talking to her for HOW LONG?

Then they went for a walk and talked to other people on the walk, but "stood a couple feet away so it was OK".

She is NOT GETTING isolation means isolation.

No way am I letting her anywhere near my husband.
Which hospital does the nurse work at? What part of town?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:20 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 18,406 Times in 4,394 Posts

I have a lot of far flung thoughts on my mind right now .

Concern to do what I can to be part of the solution and make good choices as to that in a lot of ways that have come up . In particular , sharing my N95 masks I had purchased a few years back.

I live in a real oddball area , lots of grow ops so going to the corner store I have seen nice shiny trucks with bullet holes in them . Yesterday I heard nearby target practice even though it is illegal here , indicating to me that they are also aware that law enforcement is not going to be readily available ( and this is the first time they ventured to break the law practicing at home ) . I am always aware of the need to step up security here but balance of resources keeps me from investing much in that to date .

I have prepped as I could , firstly I was already sick with pneumonia in January , not ARDS , not hospitalized due to the fact we were snowed in here, so I hired neighbours help . I have no idea if I had covid 19 or not but I have some lung damage from that and no idea if I have developed immunity or not . I do not qualify for testing so I do what I can, still safeguarding myself . First month even after being sick it physically even wiped me out getting some groceries so stocking up was not easy , and financially like others I have taken a knock but I am reasonably well positioned , especially compared to others . But now I am watching China closely despite their determination to play on as if they have defeated the worst of the pandemic , and concerned this could be in play into next fall and another Canadian winter and we are seeing diminishing supplies now and I am going to guess that is global . And also diminished resources of all sorts, including finances all round . Certainly weighing on my mind right now , what choices are right to make for 6 months down the road if things don't go so well . I have plans that I am positioned okay to go into a line of credit to move forward as need be to cover costs and some minor investments like additional security gates on my inner perimeter . And hesitantly trying to figure out how I can buy and store enough goods between now and fall if things get uglier for longer as it is getting harder already and in my mind more onerous to really prepare for longer than most will say.

Some things I see drive me a little crazy, government reacting too little too late regulating closures and restrictions on travel for example were evidently needed MUCH SOONER than they acted , and acting for example ; on supply of PPE right now that should have been acted on end of January or first week of February but not foreseeing tubing and plastic valves and the other thousands of things that medical care requires in heightened demand , globally. That they should have already addressed previous are what what they are addressing now , and failing to speculate further to be proactive instead of reactive to put in place this month .
I am noticing hundreds of other things but these are on my mind .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hilltopper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,741 Posts

NYC and stupid just seem to go together BUT how do you "run out of space in the morgue". Such that you line up freezer trucks and fill them with bodies.

Record the info, load the bodies on a vehicle and BURY THEM. CREMATE THEM.

What is WRONG with you retarded big city freaks?
Old 03-30-2020, 10:42 PM
Trapper

Thanked 2,087 Times in 637 Posts

Just frustrated at this point given that the situation seems to deteriorate day by day.

Our Gov. is clueless to the things she is doing. I see so many layers to this as to be frustrating to mention them all.

The psudo-cabin fever is setting in (I have to work 3 hrs. every other day) but its starting to wear on us both. All anyone can do is let it go and for those who believe.. let God.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soocom1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:43 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,151 Times in 3,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
NYC and stupid just seem to go together BUT how do you "run out of space in the morgue". Such that you line up freezer trucks and fill them with bodies.

Well, you start with a hospital which is overfilled, and then that tends to spill over into the morgue, and making arrangements is hard at the moment i'd imagine. Especially with the amount of people dying at the moment. I've seen the morgue of 2 hospitals around me and those can hold a good amount of people, but less than you might think.

And that's without any religious or rights group raising a ruckus over the "dishonorable handling of the bodies" or whatever.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 19,464 Times in 5,472 Posts

well I just had to do it. My wife and I have been telling her sons that they may come a time that we would have to turn them away. And her youngest decided that he was going to a party today. So she told him that if he left and went around those people drinking and drugging that he would not be allowed to come back here. He showed up a few minutes ago and knocked on the door and we had to tell him to leave or we were calling the police. I am not going to let her sons nor mine endanger she or myself because they want to be stupid.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:59 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,151 Times in 3,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
well I just had to do it. My wife and I have been telling her sons that they may come a time that we would have to turn them away. And her youngest decided that he was going to a party today. So she told him that if he left and went around those people drinking and drugging that he would not be allowed to come back here. He showed up a few minutes ago and knocked on the door and we had to tell him to leave or we were calling the police. I am not going to let her sons nor mine endanger she or myself because they want to be stupid.
Thats a situation which sucks. Though he was warned, he made his choice, and now gets to live with the consequences. I can only hope he learns some responsibility from this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:06 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,963 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
I think you did the right thing, but I am so sorry that you were put in the position to have to do so.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OldSoul For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 04:19 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,963 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
Well, I guess I got on somebody's nerves, lol, I just got called a feeble minded dolt and had a low IQ to boot in my own thread. I should be mad but i'm not, just sad. Just trying to help people and that's the thanks I get. Maybe I struck a nerve. Ok, I think that's my q to go somewhere else for a while. Be back later guys.
I am so sorry that happened. I too always enjoy your posts. Take a breather if you need it but please don't stay gone. <3

It costs nothing to be kind and courteous, and it means so much to the vast majority of people. It's such a beautiful and simple act to just be kind.

Well, this pandemic has given me an invaluable gift: a real insight into the people in my life. I've learned quite a bit about some of them, and it's not pretty. I'm never going to see some of the people in my 'real' life the same way I did before this pandemic.

I abhor bullying. Loathe it.

Txplowgirl, I hope you realize that you did nothing to warrant that treatment. Again, I am sorry.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSoul For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 05:25 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post

I suppose it is because they are trying to still allow the families to have some sort of small memorial service with the dead bodies.

I am amazed that humanity still requires the dead body of the deceased to gather an memorialize their life and console the immediate family.

After death I think the bodies should be disposed of using whatever means makes the most sense. I think the Klingons said it best in one of the episodes. But that is just me.

I know how terrible it is to lose a loved family member, but haven't we finally emerged from the darkness?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 05:37 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,875 Times in 1,437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I suppose it is because they are trying to still allow the families to have some sort of small memorial service with the dead bodies.

I am amazed that humanity still requires the dead body of the deceased to gather an memorialize their life and console the immediate family.

After death I think the bodies should be disposed of using whatever means makes the most sense. I think the Klingons said it best in one of the episodes. But that is just me.

I know how terrible it is to lose a loved family member, but haven't we finally emerged from the darkness?
Memorials help people along the path to healing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 06:37 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 20,885 Times in 7,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soocom1 View Post
Just frustrated at this point given that the situation seems to deteriorate day by day.

Our Gov. is clueless to the things she is doing. I see so many layers to this as to be frustrating to mention them all.

The psudo-cabin fever is setting in (I have to work 3 hrs. every other day) but its starting to wear on us both. All anyone can do is let it go and for those who believe.. let God.
I've seen predictions that we're 14 days from the peak of new cases, but the numbers will be increasing geometrically until then, and won't shrink that much, afterwards.

The authors also warn their prediction is based on the numbers provided by inadequate testing and assume quarantine measures are adequate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:37 AM
White Hat

Thanked 12,517 Times in 2,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
Memorials help people along the path to healing.
Yes they do. That's not the issue here.

The obvious point is that you don't need to have an infectious dead body in the room to hold a memorial.

The last memorial I attended had no body... just photos of the deceased, and everyone there was invited to share their memories of her. It was lovely and very moving. The bereaved shared their grief and the sense of loss was bound to recognition of the woman's beautiful legacy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paravani For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
Possum Lover

Willow, pretty much every hospital in Houston with an ICU has corona patients and I do not have permission to share the information. Suffice to say ICU nurses of Corona patients are going home and gossiping with their neighbors in the driveway. If I read my aunt correctly, this nurse has small kids at home. If I were working with pandemic patients I would not be going home to my kids. Just reckless and stupid for someone in the medical profession. I can give my aunt a pass, she really doesn't get it, but the nurse should know better.

I am VERY glad my doctor has gone to phone appointments only so I can do that and not get a ride to/from with my aunt, crosstown. I wouldn't want her getting him sick he is at pretty high risk and I can't afford to get sick either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 10:39 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 57,573 Times in 13,068 Posts

Quote:
Dang, that's hard to hear. Tough love stinks. What is with young "adults" these days? Their irresponsibility seems to be off the scale.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 10:48 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,529 Times in 3,832 Posts

Well I guess a bunch of others complained and work sent that guy home, he cant come back until he's tested.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post: