Advertise Here

Old 03-30-2020, 08:18 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 26,009 Times in 7,649 Posts
Default CAW!

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbershabber View Post
Whats difficult to understand there, genius?

Show me a year with no hurricanes?

Go look at the USGS earthquake map buddy... In one place or another, in varying magnitudes, earthquakes do happen every day.

at the same time in the same places

Yankees, bless their hearts, they do try well.

Last edited by n1d; 03-30-2020 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: hiya pam
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2020, 08:18 AM

I support him 99%. I think he should have quarantined off New England though. Those Libs caused their own problem. I think he was pressured.

Last edited by Aceoky; 03-30-2020 at 09:28 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiritb2f For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 08:30 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 76,793 Times in 20,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
I certainly hope we can keep it at 1% or less. Just thought it was sobering to finally see Trump admit that at least 100k deaths was a likely outcome.

I think at this current point in time the Trump admin is doing an adequate job, my problem though is that a lot of the stuff they're doing now in regards to medical equipment supply and testing should have been done in February. There was a whole period of time where the virus had already shown up here and an accompanying lack of urgency by Trump. He patted himself on the back (his favorite activity) for the partial travel bans but there wasn't much additional urgent action until early March.
They were slow to act in the beginning and too timid. They feared the immediate damage to the economy more than the future loss of life. It shows in the current infection rates. Whether or not they were too slow will be evident soon.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 09:57 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 5,937 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
Zumbub, Trump could cure cancer and youíd bitch about why he didnít do it earlier.

But the good news is as soon as Biden becomes president heíll cure cancer once and for all, just wonder why he didnít cure cancer while Vice President and his son being sick and dying with cancer. Hummmmm. He did announce he planned on having the cure when he becomes pres...I guess he didnít love his one son as much as he did Hunter. Oh well that happens in all families.
Tyreen, If Biden cures cancer, will that include windmill cancer too?

What does Biden or this conversation have anything to do with Corona Virus and the constant misques this WH is making?

BTW, I know it's a novel idea to the low info Trump base, but let's give the President credit when it's due.

Educate yourself too
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...0&postcount=12
Old 03-30-2020, 10:04 AM

He's become an embarrassment and fuel for the left.
The Following User Says Thank You to jelazar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:05 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
I forgot, 10x as many people die every year from the seasonal flu each year than by this , so far. The numbers next Spring will decide the issue.
In less than 5 weeks we have seen 150,000 be infected, add 40% to that number that hasn't been tested or infected. While I get what you are saying with "let's see" this is no doubt, far worse than the seasonal flu. The gestiation period is way longer and the death and morbidity is far worse than what the flu dishes out.

This is happening in NYC today, 3/30/2020

These are trucks lined up outside Langone hospital. Awaiting the dead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:19 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 26,009 Times in 7,649 Posts
Default CAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
In less than 5 weeks we have seen 150,000 be infected, at 40% to that number that hasn't been tested or infected. While I get what you are saying with "let's see" this is no doubt, far worse than the seasonal flu. The gestiation period is way longer and the death and morbidity is far worse than what the flu dishes out.

This is happening in NYC today, 3/30/2020

These are trucks lined up outside Langone hospital. Awaiting the dead.
pics from the fish wrapper daily mail...yup i believe it 100%
Old 03-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
pics from the fish wrapper daily mail...yup i believe it 100%
You don't have to believe it. It's happening.

Do better than worry about the source. This is reality because you don't want to belive it doesn't mean it isn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:28 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

NYC bought 45 refrigerated trailers
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-cooler-trucks

"New York City has bought 45 refrigerated truck trailers – each capable of holding as many as 44 bodies -- in case city morgues and hospitals become overwhelmed with the number of dead from the coronavirus."

The trailers are being positioned at the major hospitals.

I wouldn't want Bloomberg as a president, but the man runs a first class news organization.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 10:31 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
NYC bought 45 refrigerated trailers
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-cooler-trucks

"New York City has bought 45 refrigerated truck trailers Ė each capable of holding as many as 44 bodies -- in case city morgues and hospitals become overwhelmed with the number of dead from the coronavirus."
Just because the "it's not a source I like" people will come in here. I found this.

https://www.fox10tv.com/news/coronav...a7365edc4.html

The medical examiner has 45 large trucks at its disposal. No other OCME trailers have been deployed to other hospitals. The trailers were purchased recently in response to a disaster plan that called for a "significant stocking up," Davis said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 03:40 PM

ďNo, I donít take responsibility at all.Ē

óó Trump at Fridayís event, asked about the disgraceful testing lag
The Following User Says Thank You to boerep For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 04:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,563 Times in 1,904 Posts

Quote:
I certainly hope we can keep it at 1% or less. Just thought it was sobering to finally see Trump admit that at least 100k deaths was a likely outcome.

I think at this current point in time the Trump admin is doing an adequate job, my problem though is that a lot of the stuff they're doing now in regards to medical equipment supply and testing should have been done in February. There was a whole period of time where the virus had already shown up here and an accompanying lack of urgency by Trump. He patted himself on the back (his favorite activity) for the partial travel bans but there wasn't much additional urgent action until early March.
I find it interesting that people sitting in their living rooms are able to determine that nothing was going on. You must be on the inside track of many within our government. Obviously you have information that the rest of us are not privy to.
I have a hard time believing that no one on this panel of experts or their staffs did not realize early on that the PPE situation was dire. Further that they did not immediately start working the phones to find some.
What we are probably seeing with some stuff finally appearing is the results of their efforts. If the material is not readily available in the marketplace, which in these quantities it wouldn't be, then you have to work to find out where what's out there is. You can't magically make it appear.
Since then, 3M and others have been able to retool, source materials and get some in production. This whole thing is only two to three months old.
Now, I do fault the government for having not replenished the national stockpile after it was depleted by previous incidents. That is hardly the fault of Trump or the team working on it now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 04:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,710 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
I find it interesting that people sitting in their living rooms are able to determine that nothing was going on. You must be on the inside track of many within our government. Obviously you have information that the rest of us are not privy to.
I have a hard time believing that no one on this panel of experts or their staffs did not realize early on that the PPE situation was dire. Further that they did not immediately start working the phones to find some.
What we are probably seeing with some stuff finally appearing is the results of their efforts. If the material is not readily available in the marketplace, which in these quantities it wouldn't be, then you have to work to find out where what's out there is. You can't magically make it appear.
Since then, 3M and others have been able to retool, source materials and get some in production. This whole thing is only two to three months old.
Now, I do fault the government for having not replenished the national stockpile after it was depleted by previous incidents. That is hardly the fault of Trump or the team working on it now.
Hmm...well I don't wholly agree with your assessment because I think Trump would have probably talked up the effort more and we would have had tests sooner. South Korea had it's first case on the same day we did but they were so much quicker with their testing and as a result they have been a lot more successful. But you're right there's no way I can prove that they weren't doing things behind the scene. Well until
the inevitable tell all comes out from someone in the administration.

One thing I can say is that if Trump realized how dire things were gonna be why would he donate 17 tons of PPE to China after the virus had already made its way to the US?

Also Trump's been president for over three years...if you fault the government for not replenishing the national supply of PPE why wouldn't you include Trump in that criticism?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucky strike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 04:45 PM
Hiker

THEN:
I think Trump et al knew how serious it was back in December
I think T et al waited too long to test appropriately because of relationship with China

NOW:
I think T et al looks a bit haggard, but it’s to be expected. The pushback to 30 April is only prolonging the inevitable. IMO 90-120 days if we stay isolated to let the virus burn itself out. (I have heard and read the pros and cons of this)

Regardless of what we armchair we can only wait
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Surveyor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 06:00 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

Quote:
Hmm...well I don't wholly agree with your assessment because I think Trump would have probably talked up the effort more and we would have had tests sooner. South Korea had it's first case on the same day we did but they were so much quicker with their testing and as a result they have been a lot more successful. But you're right there's no way I can prove that they weren't doing things behind the scene. Well until

One thing I can say is that if Trump realized how dire things were gonna be why would he donate 17 tons of PPE to China after the virus had already made its way to the US?

Also Trump's been president for over three years...if you fault the government for not replenishing the national supply of PPE why wouldn't you include Trump in that criticism?
Maybe if he was not being hounded by impeachment investigations right and left. Well left and left.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:15 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
Maybe if he was not being hounded by impeachment investigations right and left. Well left and left.
Yes, that is why his admin has been caught with their pants down more and more.

But let's gloss over the firing of the CDC team and blame it on liberals impeachment proceedings.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:34 PM
Socially Distant

Thanked 13,535 Times in 2,400 Posts

Piglosi was yapping on the boob tube today that she wants to open a coronavirus investigation into "what did Trump know, and when did he know it" …

I suppose we will be saturated with that crap the next couple years, especially if he wins a second term.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,089 Times in 4,529 Posts

I think Trump and our entire government suck. Why on earth would they allow protective gear necessary during a pandemic ( OR DURING A BIO WARFARE ATTACK) be made by the enemy? I have 3 different types of face masks at our house ( tried them out last year to see which one works best around hay and dust) and they are all made in China. All the plastic gloves are made in China also. I bet all the eye protective googles are too.
And our government doesn't have a stockpile of this stuff. WTF are these idiots doing?
And Trump is an idiot and an embarrassment. I voted for him and had very high hopes , but what's weird is this. Every time we have a President I voted for, bad things happen, to the country , and to me personally. It's a very odd coincidence, or is it?

Oh, and they should have known all this was going to happen long before they did, and prevented it from spreading in the U.S. What are the CIA and the NSA and all that good for, if they had no intel on the virus spreading in China?
Probably all a bunch of useless bureaucrats
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:59 PM
Survivor

Quote:

Actually, I do fault his administration as well. But according to all the critics it is only Trump and his admin at fault.
As someone else mentioned, maybe if they weren't constantly having to fend off the media, the Leftist politicians and a goodly number of RINOs, perhaps they could have been more effective overall.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:09 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
I think Trump and our entire government suck. Why on earth would they allow protective gear necessary during a pandemic ( OR DURING A BIO WARFARE ATTACK) be made by the enemy? I have 3 different types of face masks at our house ( tried them out last year to see which one works best around hay and dust) and they are all made in China. All the plastic gloves are made in China also. I bet all the eye protective googles are too.
And our government doesn't have a stockpile of this stuff. WTF are these idiots doing?
And Trump is an idiot and an embarrassment. I voted for him and had very high hopes , but what's weird is this. Every time we have a President I voted for, bad things happen, to the country , and to me personally. It's a very odd coincidence, or is it?

Oh, and they should have known all this was going to happen long before they did, and prevented it from spreading in the U.S. What are the CIA and the NSA and all that good for, if they had no intel on the virus spreading in China?
Probably all a bunch of useless bureaucrats
Governments in general suck. My guess on trying to help China initially was probably an effort to stop it before it got out of there.
As for where the stuff was being made...our government does not control manufacturing. There is a term for governments that do. It's called Socialism. Be careful what you wish for.
What are your suggestions as to how we should have stopped this? The travel ban was highly criticized when it was put in place, now everybody is bitching because they say it wasn't soon enough.
Test kits and vaccines can't be made until you know what it is you are fighting. And then, we couldn't use what was available because of our governments regulations. That has been overridden now but just doing that takes time.
It's a no win situation. Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post: