Trapper

Thanked 1,189 Times in 468 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbershabber View Post
You made some valid points.... but this line is BS

Earthquakes happen every day and hurricanes happen every year at the same time in the same places.

huh? every day and every year...[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/upsidedown.gif[/IMG]

Whats difficult to understand there, genius?

Show me a year with no hurricanes?

Go look at the USGS earthquake map buddy... In one place or another, in varying magnitudes, earthquakes do happen every day.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to shibbershabber For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:43 PM

And Trump is to blame for both earthquakes and hurricane!

Just kidding.

But he did bungle the Puerto Rico response. Probably his most overt act of racism/xenophobia.
The Following User Says Thank You to DRH.1979 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:55 PM

Politicians make me nervous. Some more than others. I was a Ted Cruz guy in 2016. I must admit Trump has performed better than I imagined. His handling of the economy has inspired confidence. The idiosyncrasies of his personality aside, I am at ease with Trump at the helm. His handling of the corona virus seems proper and fitting, up to this point. His instincts seem largely correct under his doctrine of America First. We cannot be sure how this pandemic unfolds over the next few months. We can be sure future historians will judge the first term of Trump almost exclusively on this issue as it dwarfs all others.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coal Miner For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 24,941 Times in 7,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Miner View Post
Politicians make me nervous. Some more than others. I was a Ted Cruz guy in 2016. I must admit Trump has performed better than I imagined. His handling of the economy has inspired confidence. The idiosyncrasies of his personality aside, I am at ease with Trump at the helm. His handling of the corona virus seems proper and fitting, up to this point. His instincts seem largely correct under his doctrine of America First. We cannot be sure how this pandemic unfolds over the next few months. We can be sure future historians will judge the first term of Trump almost exclusively on this issue as it dwarfs all others.
Too bad the media is working so hard to hide that reality and make him look bad.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,134 Times in 990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH.1979 View Post

He did bungle the Puerto Rico response. Probably his most overt act of racism/xenophobia.

No he didnít, Puerto Rico was a ****hole before the hurricane, their electric grid was in shambles before the hurricane and that just made it worse.
The people on that island are some of the laziest mother****ers in the world. If they want to show up to work, maybe they did maybe they didnít. That island had so much water, canned goods and basic necessities that 75% of it wasted away on docks and warehouses.
Trump did more for those people than anyone could have expected but the population is trained like the animals at Yellowstone park... They expect the people(government) to feed them.
Best thing America could do is cut that island loose and let them figure it out for themselves.

They are the second laziest bunch of people I ever known. The only people Iíve met that are lazier or more dishonest are the people from Turkey. You want anything done there you better have a thick pocket of cash to spread around.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 03:09 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
In 1987 Donald Trump did this interview where they talk about the full page
add he put in a Newspaper.

Donald Trump: "I don't want to be president" - entire 1987 CNN interview (Larry King Live) - YouTube

Since then, he has promoted his agenda to try and save America.
The US has been ripped off by Japan, the Saudis, China, and others
and Trump has been sounding the Alarm that we can't continue to
spend money we don't have without any compensation.

Trump ran for President before but not as a Republican or Democrat.
That taught him he had to run as a Republican to win.

Trump knew we were being taken advantage of by China before he
ran for President as a Republican, but the Media fought him every
step of the way. Over the years he has fought for this country by
showing Americans we don't have to let other countries take advantage
of us.

What good are gun rights, religious rights and the rest if we let the
Chinese turn us into one of their colonies?!

No one with half a brain ever accused President Trump of being a conservative.
The Man is from NY city, so the only second amendment
he knows is the one that lets his body guards carry pistols by bribing
that city. This is why I voted for Ted Cruz in the Primaries.

We are at War with China. If you don't think they are trying to destroy
us read up on the SARs epidemic. Their one child policy means they need
to get rid of their old people.

President Trump does not always say the right thing, but he is fighting for
America and I am glad he is our President, because he is our only hope
against China. The Democrats are owned by the Chinese.

Trump wants to beat China at their own game, he knows if we had a war
against China no one would win. He also knows China can't feed itself.
This is why he does not disrespect China, but he does tell the truth
that this is a Chinese Virus.

President Trump could have done a better job, But if either Bush or Obama
were President we would be worse off. I give him a solid B for his performance.
Obama should have reacted to SARs to make sure this did
not happen. We should have had more CIA assets in China by this time
to warn us of this situation.

President Trump has been fighting for America by telling the Truth about
the past Presidents on both sides that have been letting us be taken
advantage of. He went on talk shows, took out adds, because he does
not want us to fail. He said the same things in the 80s that he says today.
Only the circumstances have changed a bit since then, since Bill Clinton
sold us out to the Chinese.

Best post of 2020...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Hunter

Zumbub, Trump could cure cancer and youíd bitch about why he didnít do it earlier.

But the good news is as soon as Biden becomes president heíll cure cancer once and for all, just wonder why he didnít cure cancer while Vice President and his son being sick and dying with cancer. Hummmmm. He did announce he planned on having the cure when he becomes pres...I guess he didnít love his one son as much as he did Hunter. Oh well that happens in all families.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,496 Posts

Trump now saying if his admin can keep the deaths at around 100k or less (Fauci saying current predictions at 100k to 200k deaths in the US) then they should be credited with doing a good job.

Pretty sobering stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky strike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,091 Times in 1,133 Posts

The press is just on the sensationalized gotcha campaign. The inane questions "can you promise we can have a test kit available for every single person in the next 48hours?" "Can you assure us tha t the government can crap out 500 million masks this week?" "Can we have ventilators for every man woman and child by friday?"

None of the questions have been anything that any leader can answer and inspire confidence in a nation. Be realistic. He is trying his best to be reassuring and not cause panic.

I guess many would prefer him to be running around in circles screaming that we are doomed. A replay of Shep Smith from Fox during the hurricane a couple years back.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hound Dog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:23 PM

I am thankful everyday that he is our President during these crazy times. So many things are going to better when this is over. We will start manufacturing our own meds and all kinds of things.
Iím also hopeful that the swamp will continue to drain and this will include fake news outlets, hospital admins who werenít prepared , and anyone else who has been asleep on the job for along time.

POTUS has/is and will continue to MAGA and we will prosper .......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KelleyT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:34 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 76,903 Times in 20,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
Trump now saying if his admin can keep the deaths at around 100k or less (Fauci saying current predictions at 100k to 200k deaths in the US) then they should be credited with doing a good job.

Pretty sobering stuff.
It's more of a percentage in my eyes. The death rate should not exceed 3%(like it did in Italy) if the government does a proper job of slowing the infection rate. If it climbs above that, it will be because our medical system becomes overloaded.

That being said, so far the government is doing an adequate job. But the infection rate is pretty high. That might not last. Time will tell.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,224 Posts

So far, high marks to our govt and Trump. If you want a real opinion, ask the CCP. Started in Wuhan, in China, the CCP did everything possible to cover it up, and continue to do so, as do thier subservient lackeys in our domestic media. The CCP will get a tremendous bill from the world court at the Hague eventually and whether or not they pay it, many of thier debtor nations will arbitrarily cancel those debts. I see that clearly in my crystal ball.

Trump has acted admirably during this crisis, not that I have ever been a fan. The DNC really harmed thier brand though, perhaps fatally. Thier actions have been disgustingly partisn and traitorous. They nauseate many now who voted thier way in previous times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,224 Posts

I forgot, 10x as many people die every year from the seasonal flu each year than by this , so far. The numbers next Spring will decide the issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:33 PM
Prepared

I just read on CNN that we sent 35 TONS of PPE to China on February 7th. If true then our administration has a lot of explaining to do...
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 76,903 Times in 20,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freja View Post
I just read on CNN that we sent 35 TONS of PPE to China on February 7th. If true then our administration has a lot of explaining to do...
They probably offered more money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 12:02 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 58,149 Times in 13,182 Posts

Quote:
It's commie news network. I wouldn't believe them if they told me water was wet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
He just compared chinese flu with seasonal flue, he said people die anyway in car accidents and what not. I will admit, I was enterntained.
But then again its one thing to troll people in a forum and its another to troll your own people while you are president. Whats your take and how comfortable do you feel about Trump handling this nothngburger?
I think Trump is understandably over his head . . . as well as everybody else. He has met his waterloo. Who knows for sure where this thing even came from, and without that knowledge who knows for sure where it's going? Nobody.

Now what I am seeing is that with everybodies eye on the virus . . . with the economy weakening drastically . . . with all the other stuff going on . . . there has to be an army massing against us somewhere and quietly preparing to storm the gate. This will soon be the perfect time for China? Islamic Jihad? someone else . . . to attack.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:01 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 80,272 Times in 23,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwalters View Post
I think Trump is understandably over his head . . . as well as everybody else. He has met his waterloo. Who knows for sure where this thing even came from, and without that knowledge who knows for sure where it's going? Nobody.

Now what I am seeing is that with everybodies eye on the virus . . . with the economy weakening drastically . . . with all the other stuff going on . . . there has to be an army massing against us somewhere and quietly preparing to storm the gate. This will soon be the perfect time for China? Islamic Jihad? someone else . . . to attack.
Nah, if our conventional army is too busy to take their call, which is very important to us, the call will transfer to the Boomer Sub operator, who will resolve their complaint. 2 keys will be inserted. Complaint will be handled.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
Quote:
It's commie news network. I wouldn't believe them if they told me water was wet.
Believe what you want but the fact that we sent China tons of medical PPE in February after the virus had shown up in the USA is absolutely true.

The article cites clear dates of actual statements and press conferences given by the Whitehouse. I certainly think that unnamed sources type articles are to be taken with a healthy dose of scepticism but this article is not an example of that. It's a critical opinion piece (which is fine since it's labeled as an opinion piece) but the pertinent facts it states (we sent PPE after the virus showed up here and Trump's downplaying the risk at that time) are demonstrably true. The article links to the official statement on the State Dept's own website about us donating PPE....doesn't get much more official than that.

If Cuomo gets flak (rightfully imo) for passing up the opportunity to buy ventilators a couple years ago then the same could be said of this short sighted decision making

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opini...lah/index.html
Old 03-30-2020, 08:09 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
It's more of a percentage in my eyes. The death rate should not exceed 3%(like it did in Italy) if the government does a proper job of slowing the infection rate. If it climbs above that, it will be because our medical system becomes overloaded.

That being said, so far the government is doing an adequate job. But the infection rate is pretty high. That might not last. Time will tell.
I certainly hope we can keep it at 1% or less. Just thought it was sobering to finally see Trump admit that at least 100k deaths was a likely outcome.

I think at this current point in time the Trump admin is doing an adequate job, my problem though is that a lot of the stuff they're doing now in regards to medical equipment supply and testing should have been done in February. There was a whole period of time where the virus had already shown up here and an accompanying lack of urgency by Trump. He patted himself on the back (his favorite activity) for the partial travel bans but there wasn't much additional urgent action until early March.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lucky strike For This Useful Post: