Hundreds-dead-in-Iran-thinking -methanol- was- coronavirus-protection

https://www.foxnews.com/world/hundre...rus-protection

I wonder who gave them that idea. No worry, just drink POISON
Old 03-29-2020, 09:00 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 80,188 Times in 23,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkboy View Post
Did anyone see anything mentioned on how long it actually takes to make a ventilator?

I know MSM and hospitals keep talking about shortages and have been for weeks. Social distancing is just buying time. I believe i read that the outlook even when one is needed to be put on a ventilator.

If we have multiple companies working to build out the ventilator supply how long does it take to actually do that?
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...irus-patients/

Ventec is making 250/month now per this article.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Hunter

Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
so much for ordering masks from china!
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...m-china-2020-3

Of course. The Chinese committed an evil, evil act, perhaps an act of war by hiding the virus from the world until the hordes of them infected the world. It shouldnít surprise anyone when 600,000 masks turn out to be full of holes.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,290 Times in 341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Of course. The Chinese committed an evil, evil act, perhaps an act of war by hiding the virus from the world until the hordes of them infected the world. It shouldnít surprise anyone when 600,000 masks turn out to be full of holes.

Maybe it's an act of war by China.

Disengage from China now.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shado For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:02 AM
Endure ~ Adapt ~ Overcome

When are governments and corporations around the world going to pull

they`re heads out of the piles of money they are making doing business in

china and realize china is the enemy of the world?, The enemy of democracy,

the enemy of freedom, the enemy of the world......

and, the enemy of winnie the pooh.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MRBEALE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:03 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 28,914 Times in 7,983 Posts

Spain's-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-by-838-overnight-to-6528

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartanntp
Old 03-29-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster View Post

So they have access to Fakebook but not to Wikipedia or Google, did I understand correctly?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Denizen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:08 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,009 Times in 7,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster View Post

The CDC and various news organizations are warning Americans not to drink bleach to cure Coronavirus, despite all the rumors going around that that is a cure.

Stupidity is apparently some people's default mode of existence.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:12 AM
Endure ~ Adapt ~ Overcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
The CDC and various news organizations are warning Americans not to drink bleach to cure Coronavirus, despite all the rumors going around that that is a cure.

Let darwinism take its course.

Stupidity breeds danger for others.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MRBEALE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Lost in the Woods

Thanked 1,759 Times in 444 Posts

In the 'you got to be kidding' category: Washington State bans fishing due to virus: https://jonathanturley.org/2020/03/2...irus-outbreak/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fastowl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 44,884 Times in 12,897 Posts

Quote:

Just donít dare to suggest itís a bad idea. Some fool on a local app was asking people if anyone knew where he could get a haircut. A haircut. Seriously?
Itís hair. It will grow and not kill you if it gets a little long. But risking ones health (or others) to maintain their vanity is about as stupid as I can think of. Yet this guy gets aggressively butthurt when I suggested now may not be the time for a trim. Sure dude, do why you want. Fight ďtha manĒ and prove youíre a free person not to be told what to do. Hell of a protest getting your hair trimmed. Hahaha
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,919 Times in 2,015 Posts

Quote:

Look on the bright side.....whiter teeth.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woodyp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 44,884 Times in 12,897 Posts

Iím a little confused as to the decision to not lock down the tri-state area. NYC seems like a textbook example of a place where a virus would do the most harm yet it gets exempted? Po-dunk nowhereville America gets shut down and the residents ordered to stay home but NYC gets a pass?? Seems very odd.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 58,055 Times in 13,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
No. People in NYC don't think that anyone outside of NYC matters in any way. They barely understand the concept that people outside of NYC really even exist and they never think about them.
The big coastal cities want to do away with the Electoral College so the people in "fly-over country" don't mess up their political monopolies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
For the benefit of Ohioans: The state Dept. of Health has a running "dashboard' showing all the COVID cases reported in the state, county by county.

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...home/dashboard

What's immediately apparent is that the huge majority of cases are in Cleveland and lesser hot spots in a half-dozen smaller cities. MANY counties have no cases at all, including mine. None. Zero. By implication this is an urban epidemic. Why is that?

My state has a dashboard as well:

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/case-counts/

Population densities. Same with China, same with South Korea, same with Italy etc ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shado View Post
Not according to New Yorkers. I left the NYC metro area more than 25 years ago because it's filled with clawing scummy people. NOT UNIVERSAL of course there are good people. But the stereotypical New Yorker would lift your wallet while you were lying bleeding on the street after being hit by a car. It happens all the time.

Oh, and it's the Wall Street mavens who keep manipulating the stock market to crash it.
Never been there. Never will. Cities attract clawing scummy people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,500 Posts

Just found out ds has been directly exposed. So, his family, dh and myself have been indirectly exposed. All preventable but not done due to ******* politicians speaking out both ends of their body. When I am less angry, can post more details. Ds is by no means alone in this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Retired kafir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastowl View Post
In the 'you got to be kidding' category: Washington State bans fishing due to virus: https://jonathanturley.org/2020/03/2...irus-outbreak/
Quote:
Is there a threat that we the public are not aware. Is it that Corona Viruses from China can waft into the jet stream and drop like paratroops onto fisherman at Westport?
People believe this, yes.

It's a nerve gas cloud that floats on the air and will kill you if you are out walking your dog. It's radioactive fallout where the only safe place is deep in the bowels of your basement.

Infectious diseases are carried by infected people. Just stay away from them. Outside where you are far away from people is a GOOD place to be.

Congregating in public parks isn't being far away.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:34 AM

Default This has been here longer than many think...

Someone I know claims to have had Covid-19 in late December/early January on Long Island. Below is a post they made on Facebook yesterday. (I deleted a little bit because at the end it got personal) According to their timeline, they had it 3 weeks before patient zero. I just don't understand why nobody is reporting stories like these, I'm sure this isn't the only one.

"So itís official I contracted the virus. It was confirmed this week FINALLY almost 3 months later with my blood doctor. I was probably one of the the first cases in Suffolk county. My son rushed me to the hospital on New Years Eve after I was sleeping for nearly 15 hours . My lips were turning blue and I was gasping for air. Once admitted I had 104.7 fever and double pneumonia and immediately brought me to icu. I was hospitalized for 6 weeks. I was induced into a coma and on a ventilator for 22 days. Breathing tube and feeding tube kept me alive.and my hospital stay was almost 7 weeks in total. With follow ups for months. While in the coma I suffered 3 seizures and they discovered my organs were shutting down. I had a heart attack and 2 blood clots. One of my 9 doctors now wants me to donate blood for possible antibodies and plasma to help others. I did have COPD going in. However, Corona was barely a story in early in the first week of January and it was not as media saturated as it is now. . Some sobering facts my PCP doc spoke with my pulmonary doc , nuerologist, oncologist/Blood doctor , cardiologist and therapist I was told this past week they collectively gave me a 10% chance to pull thru. I want to give a heart felt thank you to my family ( sis) kids and friends for their prayers visits and continued calls and texts checking on me. My biggest fear was leaving my children parentless. Note : pneumonia shot which I had in early fall does nothing to prevent the coved 19 pneumonia. Itís one of the 17 types of pneumonia it doesnít prevent. It was smoking and COPD which lead to my infection as they were my underlying illness which made me such as easy target.

I plan to donate blood Weds and pay it forward and hope my antibodies and and plasma help as many people as possible. If it helps one person live then all my suffering was worth it. Peace & Love"
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CapMan2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 11:57 AM
Retired kafir

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMan2020 View Post
Someone I know claims to have had Covid-19 in late December/early January on Long Island. Below is a post they made on Facebook yesterday. (I deleted a little bit because at the end it got personal) According to their timeline, they had it 3 weeks before patient zero. I just don't understand why nobody is reporting stories like these, I'm sure this isn't the only one.

"So itís official I contracted the virus. It was confirmed this week FINALLY almost 3 months later with my blood doctor. I was probably one of the the first cases in Suffolk county. My son rushed me to the hospital on New Years Eve after I was sleeping for nearly 15 hours . My lips were turning blue and I was gasping for air. Once admitted I had 104.7 fever and double pneumonia and immediately brought me to icu. I was hospitalized for 6 weeks. I was induced into a coma and on a ventilator for 22 days. Breathing tube and feeding tube kept me alive.and my hospital stay was almost 7 weeks in total. With follow ups for months. While in the coma I suffered 3 seizures and they discovered my organs were shutting down. I had a heart attack and 2 blood clots. One of my 9 doctors now wants me to donate blood for possible antibodies and plasma to help others. I did have COPD going in. However, Corona was barely a story in early in the first week of January and it was not as media saturated as it is now. . Some sobering facts my PCP doc spoke with my pulmonary doc , nuerologist, oncologist/Blood doctor , cardiologist and therapist I was told this past week they collectively gave me a 10% chance to pull thru. I want to give a heart felt thank you to my family ( sis) kids and friends for their prayers visits and continued calls and texts checking on me. My biggest fear was leaving my children parentless. Note : pneumonia shot which I had in early fall does nothing to prevent the coved 19 pneumonia. Itís one of the 17 types of pneumonia it doesnít prevent. It was smoking and COPD which lead to my infection as they were my underlying illness which made me such as easy target.

I plan to donate blood Weds and pay it forward and hope my antibodies and and plasma help as many people as possible. If it helps one person live then all my suffering was worth it. Peace & Love"
The person in your post is VERY lucky to be alive. Maybe the best medical care in the world had something to do with it.

Quote:
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a chronic inflammatory lung disease that causes obstructed airflow from the lungs. Symptoms include breathing difficulty, cough, mucus (sputum) production and wheezing. It's caused by long-term exposure to irritating gases or particulate matter, most often from cigarette smoke. People with COPD are at increased risk of developing heart disease, lung cancer and a variety of other conditions.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353679

I wonder if they stopped smoking.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I wonder if they stopped smoking.
Not sure if I am doing this quote thing correctly, first time doing it. But yes they said they have quit and it was an easy choice "smoke and die, or quit and live"

Last edited by Aceoky; 03-29-2020 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: fix quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CapMan2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 12:13 PM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,559 Times in 2,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Each district might have fudged the numbers but CCTV had reported the outbreak on 12 December and every government health agency knew how infectious this could be but nearly every Western government hummed and hawed hoping it would be contained regionally.
Western medical journals published papers from Chinese researchers in January on the lethality of the virus but again our leaders played it down. We were warned.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post: