Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-29-2020, 02:06 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastowl View Post
Not sure about the PPE but Cuomo admits on TV that NY has spare ventilators that they have not deployed. So I am confused as to why they are 'almost out of ventilators' when NY admits they have a few thousand in reserve. Plus they acknowledge now that the feds have already delivered a few thousand more that the governor didn't know about or acknowledge. Very curious indeed.

Am I missing something here?
Indeed. And Why would they be stacking 2 patients per ventilator when they have thousands of spare ventilators in a stockpile?

Sounds like the need is NOW and that stockpile needs to be deployed ASAP.

Cuomo needs to be arrested.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:46 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 37,100 Times in 8,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
So I think I am finally recovering from some strain of the S type that was very likely given to me by a stupid old Italian woman from Veneto who fled quarantine and then went shopping for groceries in the US even though she had a cough.

And if my mother in law in Washington State gets sick, she will most likely have been infected with one of the older Washington strains...

... Either the one from the US's patient zero, who somehow managed to infect at least 35 people even though he was in isolation in the hospital for two weeks...

... Or the one that a Korean woman spread to a Kirkland nursing home that now has dozens of dead, though most of them were senior citizens with other health issues.

If my mother-in-law is ill, I will be the only one who can care for her properly. Does this mean I'm likely to become infected with her new-to-me strain?
We won't know until you try. We wouldn't know which strain either of you had for sure without testing for strains on each of you. Plus it could be that 1 strain gives immunity to the other, but the other doesn't give immunity to the first. It may also be that some resistance exists but not immunity. It depends on the differences and how the antibodies form and how well the antibodies are maintained by the immune system. That's where the ethics dilemma comes in. Do we experiment and test strains and then send people who've had it before in to treat patients unprotected and see if they get it, or do you just play it safe and try to prevent them from having more contact with the virus because if they CAN get it they might be seriously harmed/killed?

I know there are hospitals right now that are planning to do just that to be able to maintain their hospitals long-term through the pandemic, and they're gambling. If you are immune they'll be okay. If you're not... well that's just not an option and it's not to be discussed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 02:57 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 37,100 Times in 8,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
According to cuomo they have a stockpile of vents but they aren't needed yet.

https://www.lacortenews.com/n/andrew...oviding-enough

New York has about 11,000 in its stockpile. 7,000 plus the 4,000 sent by the feds.

There are about 12,700 ventilators in the national stockpile. Cuomo wants all of them and then some.

What about the rest of the country? Doesn't it count?
No. People in NYC don't think that anyone outside of NYC matters in any way. They barely understand the concept that people outside of NYC really even exist and they never think about them.

Quote:
Not sure about the PPE but Cuomo admits on TV that NY has spare ventilators that they have not deployed. So I am confused as to why they are 'almost out of ventilators' when NY admits they have a few thousand in reserve. Plus they acknowledge now that the feds have already delivered a few thousand more that the governor didn't know about or acknowledge. Very curious indeed.

He is using the shortage to get ALL the ventilators so they have more than enough for NYC at the peak of this. The more he can exploit patients and medical workers to play on people's sympathies the more vents he's going to get. If they have enough vents now, then there's no emergency and they can't get everyone else to hand them over to stockpile them all so that NYC can survive at the expense of everyone else later. He's running a con and he'll do whatever is in his interest no matter what suffering it causes to others. He's just a SHTF raider with a government office.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:34 AM
Militant Normal

Thanked 22,849 Times in 7,538 Posts

Quote:
No. People in NYC don't think that anyone outside of NYC matters in any way. They barely understand the concept that people outside of NYC really even exist and they never think about them.

THANK YOU COLT for telling it like it is. Having lived in New York (well, Orange County) for most of a decade, I'm only too familiar with the type. Southerners, and almost everyone else, hate New Yorkers for a reason, and this is it.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 05:44 AM
Militant Normal

For the benefit of Ohioans: The state Dept. of Health has a running "dashboard' showing all the COVID cases reported in the state, county by county.

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/por...home/dashboard

What's immediately apparent is that the huge majority of cases are in Cleveland and lesser hot spots in a half-dozen smaller cities. MANY counties have no cases at all, including mine. None. Zero. By implication this is an urban epidemic. Why is that?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 06:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
THANK YOU COLT for telling it like it is. Having lived in New York (well, Orange County) for most of a decade, I'm only too familiar with the type. Southerners, and almost everyone else, hate New Yorkers for a reason, and this is it.
Please, even us from upstate dislike being associated with NYC. As probably already mentioned, King Andy stated "he" might have ill patients transferred from downstate to Central NY to the Upstate Medical Center. So, ill patients bring transported for three hours, contaminating ambulances and possibly spreading mutated virus. Can you imagine being the EMT riding for three hours with an ill patient in a tiny confined area?
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 06:30 AM

Schools are closed indefinitely for this year in Italy.

Non-essential factories will open a little bit after Easter.

Non-essential shops and businesses will open in the beginning of MAY (what the f).

So far no news about if business owners will still have to pay taxes and whatnot, things are going to be really tight this year for my husband and I.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 06:32 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,763 Times in 23,246 Posts

I am constantly amazed at the forbearance of the armed US population as their evil leaders openly plot their course to destruction.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 06:49 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Ignorant statement, friend. We are all in this together.

Quote:
Over 420 tons of critically-needed supplies were collected through the City’s donation drive in the aftermath of Hurricane Mariahttps://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...s-displaced-by
Quote:
Governor Cuomo Announces Relief Efforts for Bahamas Following Hurricane Dorian ]https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/gov...rricane-dorian
Old 03-29-2020, 06:55 AM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
Please, even us from upstate dislike being associated with NYC. As probably already mentioned, King Andy stated "he" might have ill patients transferred from downstate to Central NY to the Upstate Medical Center. So, ill patients bring transported for three hours, contaminating ambulances and possibly spreading mutated virus. Can you imagine being the EMT riding for three hours with an ill patient in a tiny confined area?
Mea Culpa. I know that, and should have been more specific.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:10 AM
Hunter

Thanked 5,370 Times in 1,413 Posts

so much for ordering masks from china!
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...m-china-2020-3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:15 AM

Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,193 Posts

Anybody else noticed this?

How are you gonna have ENFORCEABLE quarantines, if at the same time they're quickly letting out prisoners in big groups "because of the threat of coronavirus"???

It's too dangerous to let you walk the streets... and it's too dangerous to keep you in jail? .........
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jim from 28DaysLater For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
so much for ordering masks from china!
https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...m-china-2020-3
My region decided to make their own. I received mine this week.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 07:30 AM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckoning View Post
Please. Tokens at most. Not even enough for a Boy Scout merit badge in altruism.

And to the BAHAMAS? Only because some rich NYCers have vacation palaces there. Wasn't Epstein one of them?

Puerto RICO? 470 tons was less that 1/10 of one percent of what P.R. received after Maria. Probably wasn't even noticed by anybody there.

How much did NYC do for Americans in Houston, or for Dayton Ohio after the tornados that hit last May? Heck, they can't find Dayton on a map. Could they even find Ohio?

/rant
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,290 Times in 341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckoning View Post
Not according to New Yorkers. I left the NYC metro area more than 25 years ago because it's filled with clawing scummy people. NOT UNIVERSAL of course there are good people. But the stereotypical New Yorker would lift your wallet while you were lying bleeding on the street after being hit by a car. It happens all the time.

Oh, and it's the Wall Street mavens who keep manipulating the stock market to crash it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shado For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:05 AM
White Hat

Thanked 12,517 Times in 2,080 Posts

Elderly Couple Trapped Aboard Cruise Ship Thinks US Should Help

https://www.businessinsider.com/elde...-aboard-2020-3

The US government DID help. It warned everyone a month ago not to go on cruise ships right now, especially if you're elderly or have health problems.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:12 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote:

You have to Remember Cuomo is a Tyrant and will lie to further his control and he really wants to Be KING. He is nothing but a lier and a thief. Upstate NY hates him with a passion but the two big cities keep electing the Cuomo family to the Governor position. Even out here on the Island, not enough Conservatives and Libertarians to override NYC and Buffalo.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:20 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,888 Times in 900 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paravani View Post
Elderly Couple Trapped Aboard Cruise Ship Thinks US Should Help

https://www.businessinsider.com/elde...-aboard-2020-3

The US government DID help. It warned everyone a month ago not to go on cruise ships right now, especially if you're elderly or have health problems.
It's hard to have sympathy for morons.

Even for those young and resistant or those who have already caught and recovered. All you need is for ONE person on that ship to show symptoms and the entire ship will be prevented from docking. And you will find yourself inconvenienced for probably months at the very least.

If you simply must go, maybe you should try one of the smaller wind jammer cruises. Fewer people reduces the chance, but if you do get unlucky at least you can jump from the ship and swim to shore.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ChrisInGa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 26,729 Times in 9,500 Posts

What I hate about NYers are the ones who come to Houston for the great economy and low cost of living, better weather, and ALL they do is moan and cry about how it doesn't "measure up" to NY. If you like it so much go back.

But they won't because we're much more affordable and better run.

I wonder how my sister is doing in all of this. We both had a really ****ed up childhood and she was one of those kids only got attention when she was sick. She was "fine" for 30 years during her marriage but as her kids moved out the marriage declined and suddenly she is "sick" and has "Chronic conditions" all the time now, even though she was fine for 30 years when she was happy.

So she thinks she has an immunity problem and has convinced a doctor to give her IvIG treatments for it. She must be ****ting bricks over this as she works at a hospital. I cut her out of my life because she was trying to break up my marriage so I would move there and be her caregiver. No thanks. Things can be difficult where I am but that would be a lot worse. I need positive, supportive, people in my life, not ones who are trying to hack at my foundations. She was also a huge gossip and NOTHING I told her was confidential. I can't have that. Lot of reasons, anyway she would be at very high risk if she did have this condition.

She was able to live with it well enough for 30 years without care so I am not overly worried but she is very invested into how "sick" she was, she kept demanding her psych tell her she was bipolar like our mother... just not right at best.

I feel sorry for her kids in all of this, now that I am out of the picture one of them is going to have to take care of her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2020, 08:39 AM
unknown

Did anyone see anything mentioned on how long it actually takes to make a ventilator?

I know MSM and hospitals keep talking about shortages and have been for weeks. Social distancing is just buying time. I believe i read that the outlook even when one is needed to be put on a ventilator isn't great for a patient.

If we have multiple companies working to build out the ventilator supply how long does it take to actually do that?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barkboy For This Useful Post: