Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,102 Posts
Default Wanted: Digital artist for long-term small jobs

Advertise Here

I'm looking for a digital artist for political comix. I use the comix for non-commercial use posting at online forums (can't use them here...too prudish.) or similar online use. Sometimes I may make a postcard out of it for personal use.

You send me digital art, I don't need art on paper or transparencies. There is no money in it for me, nor am I well off. But I like comix and get a fair amount of ideas and like to bring them to life. The prices quoted are the max I can pay.

I can pay $20 - $25 per panel. The $20 amount is for a single person or two. The $25 is for 3 or 4 people on a panel. There are other variables as to price, but this gives you a rough idea. For 5 or 6 simple panels I can pay $50 - $65 for the job. Sometimes the multi panels use the same panel with slight changes, so I try to keep the jobs simple and doable for you to fit the $$.

I may have a job for you every 2 or 3 weeks and sometimes have a job for you weekly. I just don't know. It may be one job in 2 months. When I get an idea I send you a job. If I have no ideas, then no jobs for you. But you are free to run jobs by me if you get them.

You must be fast working. Finish a job within a couple days or maybe 3 at the max unless it is a complex or multi panel job, then take 5 - 8 days. I'm not a stickler on time, but I don't want to wait weeks on end as some of the material is timely and can not be in fashion if you take 3 or 4 weeks.

You must be able to work with any idea and without prejudice. If you cannot do anything, like Robert Crumb in his early days, without being offended, then this job is not for you.

Most of my comix are anti-democrat, but I am a equal opportunity hater and some are anti-republican. Some are anti-homo or racist. Many of them are X-rated. If you have problems with that type of work...do not apply.

I've worked with a couple artists on these projects in the past, one artist was pretty long term doing maybe 20 or 30 jobs for me for a year or more. The other artist was very good, but took too long to produce. That very good artist petered out on his own after just a few jobs. The long term artist was also good. But he got a 'real' art job and didn't have time for my low budget art projects any longer.

So I am looking for a new artist that wants little art jobs over the long term. If you do good art at a reasonable price and can produce timely you will get jobs for the foreseeable future as long as I have a few $$ in my pocket. I hate having to shop for artists, but sadly artists are a flakey bunch on the whole.

Payment is made via regular PayPal. I give you the idea. You send me a rough digital sketch. I give you the go ahead with any corrections. You produce the inked art. You send a low-res version. (300 kb more or less is fine.) If approved you get the payment and then you email me a hi-res version JPEG. The JPEG must be 3 or 4 mb minimum for the final art, but can be bigger.

If you want to cut down payment time send a sketch, I give the go ahead you send me the final art and get paid. It is up to you how fast you want to work.

If you do enough art for me I may make a video of your art or put on a WordPress website to honor you. And put up on the Internet Archive. Just depends how good and how much you produce for me. You can use your name or a pen name I don't care, but art must be signed with 'a' name.

Some of the art you will be doing for me are of:

'Greta Thunberg ****ting in a bucket...with caption'

'The filthy Blackface dem Gov. of Virginia being killed'

'Uncle Sam with a XXXX XXXX...'

You should be able to do decent likeness of characters. I like freaked out art, but people should be able to recognize the person in the art somewhat. They don't have to be perfect, but a pretty good likeness. Art can be pretty simple. Some shading. I will show you some samples of what I am looking for if you apply.

If all you can do is crazy, freaked out art and want to work for half the quoted prices you can run your portfolio by me. I like to be able to offer art jobs when possible, but that type of art is not my main goal. But I may be able to use it as a second example to the main art I wanted produced.

Sometimes I've used different artists for the exact same job to see what they both produce given the same simple instructions. That is an interesting exercise in itself.

You have a lot of leeway to do the art as you like. I give you the main ideas, you go from there.

Write direct to my email with samples of your work. Don't PM. Don't apply in this thread.

[email protected]

If you are not reliable, don't waste my time unless you want to do the jobs for free. I can't give you a job and 8 months later you send me the art. Politics is timely!

Attached is an example of a $25 art job I had made.

(You don't have to work in that style, it is just an example of how the 2 previous artists worked.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The squad lr censored.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	300466  
Quick reply to this message